;

Author Topic: The Feminism Thread  (Read 619522 times)

Nate Higgers

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
The Feminism Thread
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
+2
This will be for stories and articles about feminism that manage to hit new lows that don't have anything to do with SA.

I'm for equal rights but I'm thoroughly anti-feminist.  In 1970, you could make a good claim that equality and feminism were joined at the hip but now in 2013 those things are quite divergent.  Modern day feminism is basically a mixture of victimhood, entitlement, naked envy, and barely concealed rage.

In 2013, this was the most annoying year for feminism yet as hundreds of women took it to the 21st century version of the streets, Twitter and Tumblr, to bitch and snip about men and privilege.  Women's rights was talked about not by average women but by obese lumpenproles who are every bit as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.  Basically they want to the world to suffer because they lack portion control and they took a freshman Gender Studies class.  Nevertheless, the upside (for lols) is that feminists, high off of oppression pyramids and the smug sense of superiority they feel when they talk about "shaming", are currently having huge infighting with other feminists.  In attempts to blame everyone while absolving themselves, tumblr feminists are at each other's throats.  Usually it's over some dumb shit that doesn't concern anyone with gainful employment but here we go:

To start off, here's a little write-up about 2013 feminism at a glance.  Note that there is no HTFU in this article, it's pure SJW bullshit but it is important for the sake of bringing up the discussion of feminist infighting:

http://www.thewire.com/culture/2013/12/year-solidarityisforwhitewomen-and-twitter-feminism/356583/

In August, Hood Feminism blogger Mikki Kendall started the #solidarityisforwhitewomen hashtag to vent her frustration over the reaction to Hugo Schwyzer's public breakdown on Twitter. Schwyzer, a blogger and former gender studies professor, admitted that he had slept with former students and used his position to silence women of color bloggers. Kendall and others felt that many of the prominent feminist bloggers Schwyzer had worked with — at sites like Feministing and Jezebel — didn't acknowledge his behavior towards feminists of color. "When I launched the hashtag #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen, I thought it would largely be a discussion between people impacted by the latest bout of problematic behavior from mainstream white feminists,"

And it has sparked other "airing of grievances" hashtags, including #BlackPowerIsForBlackMen and #NotYourNarrative, the latter started by Rania Khalek and Roqayah Chamseddine and covering Western media's portrayal of Muslim women.

In December activist and graduate student Suey Park launched #NotYourAsianSidekick an attempt to dismantle "white, hetero, patriarchal, corporate America.”

To sum it up, strong womyn of color started calling out white feminists along with the bog standard griping about the patriarchy.

The debate over Beyoncé's feminism — does the feminism of the Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie verse on on "Flawless" cancel out the anti-feminism of the Mrs. Carter World Tour? — is maybe one of the dumbest things to happen in 2013.

No no, Tumblr/Twitter feminism is the dumbest things to happen in 2013.  Basically white wymynysts were ok with saying whatever they wanted about shit but now that other women higher up on the oppression pyramid are starting to take swipes at white feminists, all of a sudden controversies are "dumb."  The Wire, which is part of The Atlantic, is basically a den for upper middle class people, and women by extension, which also by extension are probably white.  Note the dismissive tone that strong womyn of color are fighting back.  While being a white male will get you roasted if you attempt to defend yourself, white wymyn are quite willing to fight back:

To 'blacken' the name of the work and efforts of white women in the feminist movement and to portray them as the 'enemy' of women of colour is a great disservice not only to white women but also to women in general. In addition, it only serves to further divide women and empower patriarchy and misogyny. Seeing women blame each other for issues related to patriarchy is tragic.

But, for the most part, I haven’t found Twitter to be a positive experience. And I’m not just talking about harassment from misogynists, I’m talking about the internal shit. The mean girls-style popularity contest so many of those on feminist Twitter engage in. The take-downs, the bullying, the mocking, the defamation, the snide remarks, and the absolutely endless stream of hate.

The Wire, again whose audience is likely middle-upper class white women, side with these strong crackers:

Wilde-Blavatsky is right to argue that some of the attacks against her, and other white feminists, have been extreme and aggressive

:goonette: "a bloo bloo!  Why are all of these black womyn talking shit about me!"

Keep in mind that nowhere was it discussed that this bile known as social justice warrior crusading is an extreme and aggressive movement in general.  Maybe they could have done some thinking and realized that screaming about men does more damage to their movement than they realize but nope, it's a bunch of white girls sobbing that Quaneefa isn't impressed with them.  White women these days are the most back pattingest people out there.  What I mean is that they feel that anything they do is worthy of accolades.  This article was bitter tears over the fact that not everyone thinks they are as special as they want others to think of them.

Here's another article: http://www.xojane.com/issues/why-the-ani-difranco-debacle-rings-the-alarm-on-the-divisions-between-black-and-white-women

This kind of reinforces the above article: a black wymynyst goes on a tirade about Ani DiFranco, a white wymynyst who was going to have some kind of retreat in a plantation.

More to come later.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:14:10 PM by Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0 »

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Anonymous You can't know! Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: The Non-Goon Feminism Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »
+1
To 'blacken' the name of the work and efforts of white women in the feminist movement and to portray them as the 'enemy' of women of colour is a great disservice not only to white women but also to women in general. In addition, it only serves to further divide women and empower patriarchy and misogyny. Seeing women blame each other for issues related to patriarchy is tragic.
"Ladies, ladies, calm down... we're vilifying and dehumanizing the wrong group!"

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards Classicist Arizona TNE Veteran Ave Maria Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper cold, dead hands The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
+2
Feminism is ridiculous and the only person who calls herself a feminist and is worth reading sometimes is Camille Paglia, who I think is seeing the writing on the wall.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic The Gentry cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Scrooge Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
+15
No one in society has more "privilege" than an attractive looking woman.  NO ONE.

An actual "super hot chick" leads an easier life than any son of a millionaire ever will.  It doesn't matter how dumb she is, how incompetent, how boring.  She can do literally anything and get away with it.

:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

The Floridian

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »
No one in society has more "privilege" than an attractive looking woman.  NO ONE.

An actual "super hot chick" leads an easier life than any son of a millionaire ever will.  It doesn't matter how dumb she is, how incompetent, how boring.  She can do literally anything and get away with it.

Ever work in a bar/restaurant? This applies there 100%. Just look at it from a management point of view. Are you going to fire the hot chick everyone likes to look at/wants to fuck or the guy who is easily replaceable with 50 resumes collecting dust in the office applying for his position?

Yeah.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic The Gentry cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Scrooge Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:14:42 AM »
I mean just fucking imagine. Imagine if there was a man who came from a poor background and his goal in life was to "never work a single hour.  Not once.  Not ever."  His second goal is to "be rich as fuck!".   After he made these goals, he failed out of High School and immediately became unemployed.

What is the chance that this guy will achieve his goals?   Pretty fucking low right?  Like WAAAAAY less than 1%.  Remember, his goal is to "NEVER WORK.  NOT ONCE, NOT EVER".  How in the fuck is he going to achieve his goals?  Lotto tickets?  What is the % chance he will get super rich?  Like 0.01% maybe?

Ok, now picture a woman.  A girl form a super poor background.  She does really bad in highschool and drops out.  Yet, she is HOT AS FUCK.  Not supermodel hot, but hot enough to make her in the top 1% of her high school graduating class.

What is the % chance she will be able to achieve her goals?   (Never work a day in her life and be super rich).   I'd say her chance is pretty fucking high.  Like no joke, 90% maybe?  I guess it depends on how small a town you live in and where she moves after high school.
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

Trumpinator X

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 02:17:58 AM »
+1
you overestimate how many women are actually that hot
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:22:21 AM »

I qualified it as "top 1% of YOUR highschool".

Go get on facebook buddy.  Tell me what the top 1% of your class is up to right now.

Aran

• Cishet White Male
  • Paedofinder General
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
My graduating class was 115 or so, the top 1% of attractive women I graduated with is currently going back to school, last I saw on Facebook.

marlon perkins

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »
Feminism is ridiculous and the only person who calls herself a feminist and is worth reading sometimes is Camille Paglia, who I think is seeing the writing on the wall.

Paglia doesn't realize it or won't admit it but, dyke or not, she is a Reagan republican these days.

:reagan:
"In the end, I believe that prosperity allows more room for people to bellyache.
, Sterling G Mace"

Monostats Infected Scrotum

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Permanent Resident Of The Comedy Gas Chamber
  • Awards old Deplorables United Statesian Scrooge Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
+15
Feminism in first world countries has reached joke status these days. Sexual discrimination is basically nonexistent and easily punishable by law, and they already have all the same freedoms men do at this point, so at the risk of sounding like an oppressive member of the "Patriarchy", what else do they have to fight for?

As for countries where women don't have those protections, that's not so much an issue of feminism as an issue of human rights abuses that require reform, especially in places where women are treated like second class citizens at best and reduced to the status of slaves that can be raped and killed at the pleasure of a man at worst for such crimes as wanting to learn how to drive or getting an education.

If feminism wants to be something meaningful these days, they should try to do something to help the plight of women who actually do have legit reasons to feel oppressed by men.

Otherwise, it's a fucking joke that I as a man am still laughing at.
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

The Floridian

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »

you underestimate how many employers jerk off with their employees on their minds.

nerdball

• Cishet White Male
  • wut
  • Awards Deplorables United Statesian White Chick old Libertarian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »
+2
Phyllis Chesler: http://pjmedia.com/blog/author/phyllischesler/

Phyllis Schlafly: http://www.eagleforum.org/about/bio.html

Both p. legit. Chesler because she was working from inside the "movement" before being expelled for wrongthink. Schlafly's been taking on the feminist hivemind since the '60s.

Edit: More detail about Schlafly because I really respect her-

Education: Mrs. Schlafly received her B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis in 1944 (Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha, Final Honors). She worked her way through college on the night shift at the St. Louis Ordnance Plant testing .30 and .50 caliber ammunition by firing rifles and machine guns and as a laboratory technician investigating misfires and photographing tracer bullets in flight. She received her Master’s in Government from Harvard University in 1945. She received her J.D. from Washington University Law School in 1978. In 2008, she was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters by Washington University in St. Louis.

Family: Mrs. Schlafly was the 1992 Illinois Mother of the Year. She and her late husband of 44 years are the parents of six children (John, Bruce, Roger, Liza, Andrew, and Anne) and 14 grandchildren. She taught all her children to read before they entered school and all had outstanding academic success: three lawyers, one physician, one Ph.D. mathematician, and one businesswoman.

Political Activism: In a ten-year battle, Mrs. Schlafly led the pro-family movement to victory over the principal legislative goal of the radical feminists, called the Equal Rights Amendment. She assembled the movement called Stop ERA. She is America’s most articulate and successful opponent of the radical feminist movement. She has appeared on virtually every national television and radio talk show and has lectured or debated on more than 500 college and university campuses. Other political battles she led and won include defeating the national movement in the 1980s to call a new national Constitutional Convention.

Not someone who had time to sit around making GIFs while literally shaking.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:39:25 PM by nerdball »

Monostats Infected Scrotum

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Permanent Resident Of The Comedy Gas Chamber
  • Awards old Deplorables United Statesian Scrooge Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »
+1

While she is to be commended for not being a pathetic whiny shit sack (i.e. - the average goon), this is the same woman who claimed marital rape doesn't exist (once a woman is married, she is obligated to have sex with her husband at any time whether she wants to at the time or not, and if he forces himself on her it's not rape, according to her), so forgive me if I don't think much of her.
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

Internet Catchphrase

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • ts12 and counting
  • Awards Jesuit Sasstronaut cold, dead hands Italian
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »
+1

While she is to be commended for not being a pathetic whiny shit sack (i.e. - the average goon), this is the same woman who claimed marital rape doesn't exist (once a woman is married, she is obligated to have sex with her husband at any time whether she wants to at the time or not, and if he forces himself on her it's not rape, according to her), so forgive me if I don't think much of her.

lmao

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
+12
Rape exists in marriage. It's called divorce and it's state sanctioned   :colbert:

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 10:23:48 PM »

Why would you be married to someone you don't want to have sex with? Even religious people allow sex within marriage it is like the single "barrier" that defines marriage.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:24:26 PM by White Rapper »

bigperm

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »

I qualified it as "top 1% of YOUR highschool".

Go get on facebook buddy.  Tell me what the top 1% of your class is up to right now.
If she grew up poor, then the top 1% of her highschool means an OK face and not obese and/or pregnant by 20. Being hot enough to live off of a sugar daddy and never have to work is like a 1 in 100,000 level of hotness.

White folks was in the caves while we was building empires!

We built pyramids before Donald Trump even knew what architecture was…

We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it

A Serpico Amongst Mods [02|Feb 10:33 AM]:   (I always agree with BP :smug: )

Trump is the New Norma

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 10:45:50 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:34:12 PM by Trump is the New Norma »

nerdball

• Cishet White Male
  • wut
  • Awards Deplorables United Statesian White Chick old Libertarian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »

I read the interview where she made that claim. Her argument is that there doesn't need to be  a special law made for martial rape vs. rape, in the same sense that murder is murder and it being a "hate crime" isn't a modifier.

Fat

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »
I find it funny that western feminism has sunk to levels where people cheer NWS http://i.imgur.com/D6w2zZ8.jpg NWS doing this on the high alter on chistmas day as a striking blow against the patriarchy and not some uncultured act.

wimpb

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 11:41:36 PM »
+2
I find it funny that western feminism has sunk to levels where people cheer NWS http://i.imgur.com/D6w2zZ8.jpg NWS doing this on the high alter on chistmas day as a striking blow against the patriarchy and not some uncultured act.

its like those movies where some teenagers find a frozen caveman and thaw him out and he starts chimping out at inappropriate times in public

thats what modern feminism is, but the difference is the caveman is male and therefore capable of cognition and learning

bigperm

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »
If she grew up poor, then the top 1% of her highschool means an OK face and not obese and/or pregnant by 20. Being hot enough to live off of a sugar daddy and never have to work is like a 1 in 100,000 level of hotness.
1 in 100,000 never have to work? You joking?

Most men aspire to make enough money so their wives don't have to work. And of those that do make enough money, most of the wives don't work. Or if they do, it's some time-killing job like an elementary school librarian that adds a negligible amount and lets them be around the kids.

And most hot women find men who make a good upper-middle class income where they don't work. It's more like 1/3 hot women, it certainly isn't 1/100,000 or anywhere even close to that.

He said the goal was to "be rich as fuck" and "NEVER WORK.  NOT ONCE, NOT EVER". Most women who are housewives still have to hold down some sort of part-time job while they get their MRS at least. And just making enough for your wife to stay home does not make you rich as fuck.

White folks was in the caves while we was building empires!

We built pyramids before Donald Trump even knew what architecture was…

We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it

A Serpico Amongst Mods [02|Feb 10:33 AM]:   (I always agree with BP :smug: )

The Floridian

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 06:08:12 PM »

That looks like she is just mocking religion/belief in God rather than trying to push some feminist agenda.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »

That looks like she is just mocking religion/belief in God rather than trying to push some feminist agenda.

It's FEMEN, so neither. They're Ukrainian whores* hired by some skeevy guy to get international attention (and donation/sponsorship money) by protesting any high-profile event they can find, from soccer championships to random world leaders.

* in at least a couple of cases literally