;

Author Topic: The Feminism Thread  (Read 716177 times)

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Eat a bowl of dicks, Sparky.
  • Awards Scrooge For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist The Gentry cold, dead hands Better dead than red United Statesian old Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: The Feminism Thread
« Reply #6650 on: March 19, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
+8
Why is there a paradox in male-female group dynamics where men are by nature very competitive, yet are able to work together and produce great results, yet women prefer the rule of consensus, yet show much less success when working together?

I think historically speaking in most cultures women have had the role of being in control of most social interaction, as in being primarily responsible for raising kids, helping decide acceptable limits of behavior within the group, and having a lot of control over shunning individuals who break the rules. It seems natural for men to compete but intuitively trend towards teamwork because we were often putting those skills to use killing things. Women prefer group consensus (or at least the appearance of it) as you said, but they compete for control socially.

Yep, hunter/gatherer behavior. Sexual competition as well.

The male who could direct a hunting party the best was most attractive to females, because he could be counted on to provide well for his and her offspring. It was only after the hunt that males had time to compete with each other; competition during the hunt itself endangered lives and lowered productivity.

The female who exhibited the best physical traits could be counted on to provide good stock for sons who could hunt well when they matured, as well as daughters who would contribute well to the bloodline. Also, the women who could undercut other females in some way found themselves able to snag the alpha males - physical attractiveness was important, but so was the cutthroat antics between females. And since gathering is less physically demanding and contributed less to nutrition than hunting, the females could compete during the process, or even use the gathering process itself to compete.

Stupid effortposting.
Fuck signatures.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #6651 on: March 20, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »
+1
I had a multi-gigabyte MP3 player before there was an iPod. I can't remember its exact capacity, we're talking ancient history now. People called me stupid, said it was a waste of money to spend a few hundred dollars to buy something just to listen to music on, said it was dumb to not just have a walkman, said it wasn't worth the extra money to have an internal rechargeable battery instead of a couple AAs because WHAT IF YOU AREN'T NEAR A PLUG...

Then suddenly everyone had an iPod in their hand and you were a stupid loser luddite if you didn't have one because don't you know portable media players with rechargeable batteries are the best thing and...

What was this? Was it relatively easy to put music on? I jumped at the first gen iPod because you could just drag and drop mp3 files onto it. Forget storage capacity. The iPod could have been 150MB for all I cared, back then. My big thing was I didn't have to deal with CD-RWs or MiniDisks. When I first saw it, my thought was "Shit, it'll only take 10 minutes to update all my music, every morning." When I realized it had enough capacity to store most of my music and I would hardly ever need to update songs, it's value quadrupled IMO.

AND THEN.... I plugged it into my friend's computer, gave him all my music and got all of his music, with one device! Holy shit! This thing is a miracle product! Now, you can't do that anymore because Jews, but whatever I've always used the iPod to listen and an external HD to store.

I always attributed the iPod/iPhone's success to it's vast improvement in functionality over the DiskMan or MiniDisk player. The next step in music player evolution. If there was another product out there, I'm certainly curious, because it completely flew under my radar. AFAIK all the competitors came after the original iPod that was a huge brick with the analog scroll wheel/buttons.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:37:00 AM by blasting_asshole »

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #6652 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
+4
Microsoft Zune did nothing wrong.

Agent of Aspieonage

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Alconauts
  • YOU ARE FAKE BOOZE!
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red old Scrooge United Statesian Deutscher Drinkin' and Postin' Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #6653 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »
+6
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPXmMNru44Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPXmMNru44Q</a>

:tom: haha talk about a short, fun little bomb you can throw at a feminist to piss 'em right off.
At dawn I leave the hut. My woman is happy in her toil. When I return from my daily gathering, I am tired and hungry. There is no food or fire, because she has dragged out her ceremonial betrothal skins, and spent the day weeping because they do not fit. And somehow this is MY fault?! And now her family has come to comfort her. They have been with us since Nord has blown his icy breath. If her brother is not out of our hut by planting time, there will be a clubbing!

Professor of Niggerology

• Unperson
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Inshallah! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Fascist United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #6654 on: March 20, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
+1
I got a free zone and it was pretty good. The wheel wasn't as nice because apple had that copyrighted. Only really issue if you had to use the zune software which was garbage

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

FREE NEAT

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #6655 on: March 20, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »
The iPod took off because it had a lot of space, it was easy to use, and it was aesthetically pleasing.  The competition at the time was dog shit.  You had those gay ass triangle shaped MP3 players, MP3 players that were $400 but maybe had 64 MB of space, enough to hold 20 shitty kbps MP3s, or they came with baffling proprietary software that was a bitch to actually upload MP3s to.  Apple is overpriced for sure but many of their 2000s era products made shit that was easy enough to use to where any ghetto nigger or octogenarian could use without problems.  It took years for the competition to actually arrive as well.  That and Apple hasn't done anything really impressive in almost a decade.  I have an iPhone 6 Plus that I need to upgrade but eh, not sure if I'm going to get another Apple phone this go around.

Talcum X

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #6656 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »
+1
I had a 2nd gen iPod that was firewire and I only had my mom's PC laptop to work with.  Had to go on eBay and find a card/adaptor so I could upload songs on it.  It had an actual optical drive that you would hear firing up and spinning once it got cooking.  God I loved that thing, I lost my charger/cable so its been a paperweight with years of my memories on it for a couple years now.  Really need to find a new charger/cable that will work.  I believe it was made in 2001 and I would bet my life that it will still work if I can charge it, I know the battery is shot and will only hold a charge for a few minutes, but as long as it's plugged in I bet this bitch will work right up until 2030. 

Fantastic hardware, they would never build something that would be so durable and so reliable for so many years now.

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Scrooge For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist The Gentry cold, dead hands Better dead than red United Statesian old Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6657 on: March 20, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
+1
Apple is overpriced for sure but many of their 2000s era products made shit that was easy enough to use to where any ghetto nigger or octogenarian could use without problems.

The hand that holds the bingo card, rules the world.
Fuck signatures.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #6658 on: March 20, 2017, 11:54:58 PM »
+1

i loved the shit out of my ZuneHD, except for the Zune Software. And that grew on me a bit. The wireless sync was pretty tits, but would stop working for seemingly no reason. But I had my podcasts loaded up for my commute. Plug it in, and everything synced up.

The only things I didn't like about it:
-It played videos, but only at some really obscure resolution and bitrate.
-Major complaint was trying to manage my collection. It was all or nothing - god forbid you wanted a "music i actually want to hear on a regular basis" directory or "Music I only want to hear with the rest of the album". Or god forbid you like music from multiple genres - I'm having a party, I don't want the music to cut out to some comedian's CD rip or my chill out music. I also don't want reign of blood to come on during sex*.

*Bad example, because yes I do.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
BREAKING NEWS: Wonder Woman Shaves Her Pits
« Reply #6659 on: March 21, 2017, 06:56:11 AM »
+4
Please let this be a 4chan troll.

http://www.revelist.com/movies/wonder-woman-photoshopped-armpits/7173

Wonder Woman Grossly Photoshopped Gal Gadot's Armpits

Wonder Woman is a demi-god: She hails from an island of Amazonian women, uses a supernatural lasso to destroy her enemies, and has been mentored by Ares, god of war. In the forthcoming "Wonder Woman" reboot, there's one other aspect of her character that's important: her hairless armpits.

Wonder Woman's armpits are so significant, in fact, that Gal Gadot's are digitally-altered until they're unrecognizable.

When Warner Brothers released another much-anticipated trailer over the weekend, many people quickly realized that Gadot's armpits had been terribly Photoshopped.

Quickly, the trailer's viewers pointed out why her hairless armpits don't make sense.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with a woman raised on an island with warrior women shaving her armpits but digitally altering her skin to appear utterly flawless takes it to another level.

Photoshop fails make women, even fictional female superheroes, appear aspirational instead of real.

Do better.

(If you're wondering where the article's headline comes from, they forgot to change the webpage's title when they changed the article's headline (presumably due to nonstop mockery), so the original headline still appears in the tab's titlespace.)

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #6660 on: March 21, 2017, 08:42:23 AM »
+2
iPod came before the Zune and was the first of it's kind.

I don't even think the awkward triangle shaped mp3 players with crazy software were out before the very first 2001 iPod.

Try to prove me wrong, because I'm really curious to find out. October 23rd 2001. I got mine that Christmas and I seriously doubt there was anything else you could plop music on. I'm 97% sure the only alternative, at the time was MiniDisk or awkward mp3 players with small internal HDs you had to manually record songs to that shit.

Browsing Wikipedia now and remembering all the other mp3 players that came before the iPod. A lot of them were close in that they had an internal hard drive, but no cigar because you had to manually record music onto them. As in... hit record... start the song... let the whole song play... stop recording... save... repeat for each song.

Nobody bought the original iPod because ~Trendy Apple~ or marketing. It wasn't trendy back then. People bought it, because it was the first mp3 player where you could drop a bunch of music onto it, wait a few hours, come back and it would all be on there. No tedious recording or expensive blank CDs. AND It worked with mother fuckin WinAMP during the good ol days.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:01:44 AM by blasting_asshole »

Dave Hedgehog

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Sit upon thy spiky steed for glorious crusade!
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #6661 on: March 21, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »
I had one of these

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Wonder Woman Shaves Her Pits
« Reply #6662 on: March 21, 2017, 12:17:54 PM »
+11
Wonder Woman's armpits are so significant, in fact, that Gal Gadot's are digitally-altered until they're unrecognizable.

I'm trying to figure out what they meant by this hunk of shit of a sentence. Are Gal Gadot's armpits normally recognizable or noteworthy, and the alteration ruined the allure? Are her armpits, as Wonder Woman, altered to the point that they're not recognizable as human armpits? What the fuck are these people saying?
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Pleasant Rectal Itch

• Enemy Of The State
  • Lookin' for someone to scratch that itch ;)
  • Awards Artist The Gentry Fuck you, dad! Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #6663 on: March 21, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »
+2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpS2KhiXAM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpS2KhiXAM</a>

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. old Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6664 on: March 21, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
+3

I'm trying to figure out what they meant by this hunk of shit of a sentence. Are Gal Gadot's armpits normally recognizable or noteworthy, and the alteration ruined the allure? Are her armpits, as Wonder Woman, altered to the point that they're not recognizable as human armpits? What the fuck are these people saying?
She has swastikas tattooed on her pits.

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #6665 on: March 21, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »
+6

I would have sex with that skinny-assed Sasquatch-pitted kike woman.
Fuck signatures.

Agent of Aspieonage

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Alconauts
  • YOU ARE FAKE BOOZE!
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red old Scrooge United Statesian Deutscher Drinkin' and Postin' Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #6666 on: March 21, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »
+11
At dawn I leave the hut. My woman is happy in her toil. When I return from my daily gathering, I am tired and hungry. There is no food or fire, because she has dragged out her ceremonial betrothal skins, and spent the day weeping because they do not fit. And somehow this is MY fault?! And now her family has come to comfort her. They have been with us since Nord has blown his icy breath. If her brother is not out of our hut by planting time, there will be a clubbing!

Catfish Harasser

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #6667 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:27 PM »
+10
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:43:04 PM by Catfish Harasser »

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #6668 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:11 PM »
+7
How many women actually prefer to be the one who "wears the pants"?  Seems like any relationship where that's the case the woman resents her boyfriend/husband/etc.

asip

• Unperson
  • Awards United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #6669 on: March 21, 2017, 11:16:11 PM »
How many women actually prefer to be the one who "wears the pants"?  Seems like any relationship where that's the case the woman resents her boyfriend/husband/etc.
Who the fuck knows man

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Texan Prepper cold, dead hands Libertarian 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #6670 on: March 21, 2017, 11:25:17 PM »
+15
Here's the problem with that question: women have no fucking idea what they want!
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #6671 on: March 21, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »
+4
Here's the problem with that question: women have no fucking idea what they want!
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #6672 on: March 22, 2017, 09:33:06 AM »
+2

In the field of engineering I have worked with maybe a half dozen or so women who were the primary breadwinners in the family and all of those marriages ended in disaster. 

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #6673 on: March 22, 2017, 11:03:07 AM »
+6
The problem is that women believe shit you see in movies about sensitive, intelligent guys who don't need to do typical type-a Chad Thundercock master businessman work to get ahead in life...

... but they're still financially solvent because they're a best-selling author or something else non-conventional. No, see, he'll just hang around at home all day, raise the kids with mature wisdom and gender barrier breaking tenderness and with freedom from labor occasionally just trip over 5-6 digits from his passion hobby.

Catfish Harasser

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #6674 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:19 AM »
+1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:42:31 PM by Catfish Harasser »