;

Author Topic: Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread  (Read 612162 times)

PhilthyPhil

• Domestic Threat
  • Alconauts
  • "Sad" "brains"
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Scrooge Canuck Better dead than red old Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
I seriously think there hasn't been ONE thread I've read in the last 2 years on SA (and I only read "funny" and light threads, none of that D&D or serious discussion shit) that didn't devolve into tranny chat at some point. It's mindbogling.
Quote from: dumb gay retard
It took two days of advanced nausea before I could even try to articulate the politics involved here.

Jaded

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 10:38:24 PM »
+2
I seriously think there hasn't been ONE thread I've read in the last 2 years on SA (and I only read "funny" and light threads, none of that D&D or serious discussion shit) that didn't devolve into tranny chat at some point. It's mindbogling.

Yeah and the debate between automatic and manual trannys is always irritating, with the hyper-milers swearing by manuals, and the city drivers swearing by automatics. Eventually it gets down to how easy/hard it is to rebuild a tranny and how easy/hard it is to change a filter, and don't get me started on tranny's without dipsticks that are "sealed for life".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:46:42 PM by Jaded »

Quvenzhanépuff

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
This is the thing I can never understand. If you look through any of the trans threads or the topics that end up being surrogate trans threads the thing you'll hear from the goons who say they're trans is "I just want to be treated as a woman"

Well shit nobody cares what you present as on a fucking internet message board. Wanna be a girl? Fucking go for it. Wanna be a Catholic? A Ghananian? Somebody with a job? Nobody on Something Awful is going to call you out on it. Live the dream.  :reagan:

But for some reason when they're actually in a position to just be treated like a normal girl they cant resist making sure everybody knows what a beautiful special snowflake they really are.

Beepboop

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 02:22:42 AM »
That's been the modus operandi, get the homos, freaks and ghouls to proclaim themselves part of a religious organization, forcing the group to either disavow them and face the inevitable shitstorm for not being inclusive, or sell out their values (their entire reason for existing) and accommodating all the freaks.

Slutwalking nuns coming soon.  :pound:

Cultural marxism is the best marxism.

Fade to Vanilla

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Kinda patronizing and cunty
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:10 AM »
If you won't let a tranny fuck you, you're a bigot and have issues.

Quote from: zachol
A blanket statement of "I don't want to have sex with trans women" comes uncomfortably close to "trans women aren't really women." Yes, it could just be a preference, and it's entirely their choice no matter what, but especially in relation to "cis lesbians who pride themselves on the fact that they would never sleep with a trans woman" it feels probably rooted in transphobia, the attitude of "they're not really women," which becomes a problem when it bleeds over into other parts of their behavior.

Quote from: Eldoop
It's mostly that while it's entirely possible that not wanting to sleep with trans women is just some sort of personal preference, given the amount of transphobic garbage we're fed by our culture and that even super-progressive people have to unlearn, it's probably based in prejudice. (Even more so if post-op trans women are included, since there's little difference between them and cis women, generally.)

At some point a semi-sane individual jumps in to state that people should be free to have sex with the people they would like to have sex with. This upsets a goon who jumps in with a sarcastic reply.

You're right, that totally makes it not shitty and awful to proudly declare that you'd never have sex with a trans woman.

how about just not wanting to stick your dick in crazy, which trannies have bought in the life-time's supply version?

Goddamnit E/N.

Beepboop

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 05:21:17 AM »
how about just not wanting to stick your dick in crazy, which trannies have bought in the life-time's supply version?

I think we'd need a whole new concept to deal with that kind of discrimination. Saneist? Mentalist? Psychologically whole centrism? Thought-pattern normative? Pick whichever you like and go check your privilege unironically with it.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »

I think we'd need a whole new concept to deal with that kind of discrimination. Saneist? Mentalist? Psychologically whole centrism? Thought-pattern normative? Pick whichever you like and go check your privilege unironically with it.

Falls under abelist.

Please enjoy the following link to pure libfaggotry
http://www.womanist-musings.com/2009/04/acknowledging-abelist-privilege-takes.html

WARNING: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss:

Something Else

• Person Of Interest
  • Alconauts
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »
This is the thing I can never understand. If you look through any of the trans threads or the topics that end up being surrogate trans threads the thing you'll hear from the goons who say they're trans is "I just want to be treated as a woman"

Yet the modern feminist community wants to be treated like men   :jesse:  Even they are distancing themselves from trannies

(manual trannies 4 lyfe)

Edit: Manuel: The Tranny's Strife brought to you by E/N Theater

Beepboop

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 07:39:50 AM »
Falls under abelist.

http://www.womanist-musings.com/2009/04/acknowledging-abelist-privilege-takes.html

This is really a thing? Guess I shouldn't be surprised by these anymore, but still  :myecred:

ChuckRoddy

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »

A blanket statement of "I don't want to have sex with trans women" comes uncomfortably close to "trans women aren't really women." Yes, it could just be a preference, and it's entirely their choice no matter what, but especially in relation to "cis lesbians who pride themselves on the fact that they would never sleep with a trans woman" it feels probably rooted in transphobia, the attitude of "they're not really women," which becomes a problem when it bleeds over into other parts of their behavior.

Quote from: postscript
I understand everybody has free agency to be sexually attracted to whomever they wish, but the issue is that if you claim that you are attracted to women, and then exclude an entire class of women as potential partners, you probably have some issues to work out with that particular class of women. Perhaps this is a problem with the way we label sexuality as dependent on gender (true for some people) instead of on physical anatomy (also true for other people). See: some gay cis men not being attracted to trans men, cis lebians not being attracted to trans women, etc. When some people say lesbian, the understanding to them is that they are a self-identified women who is attracted to other self-identified women, while to others they are people with vaginas attracted to other people with vaginas. That's why you get some lesbians who will deign to sleep with trans women (:rolleyes:) and some lesbians who will date trans men.

It's mostly that while it's entirely possible that not wanting to sleep with trans women is just some sort of personal preference, given the amount of transphobic garbage we're fed by our culture and that even super-progressive people have to unlearn, it's probably based in prejudice. (Even more so if post-op trans women are included, since there's little difference between them and cis women, generally.)

At some point a semi-sane individual jumps in to state that people should be free to have sex with the people they would like to have sex with. This upsets a goon who jumps in with a sarcastic reply.

You're right, that totally makes it not shitty and awful to proudly declare that you'd never have sex with a trans woman.

God damn, is it getting that bad? I remember when you could actually debate something before the social justice squad showed up.

I think any reasonable person would understand that men want to have sex with people with working parts. Restructured junk can take years to get a sensation back, though it never comes back fully. Nerves kinda don't like to heal.   Sexual attraction means "attracted to sex," meaning those parts are pretty important. You can't randomly decide what mold of flesh you can be aroused by.

Then there's the fact that 90% of transexuals look like men with lipstick.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »

Falls under abelist.

In late September I moved into a house, which was part of the L’Arche community in Edinburgh, Scotland.  I share the house with three adults with learning disabilities, two of whom have physical disabilities, and three other assistants.  There is another house of a similar size and then a flat where George lives with two assistants.  My role as an assistant is to facilitate daily living.  L’Arche places an emphasis on real relationships and friendships, and while community living isn’t always been the easiest of things I really love it.

I wonder if she tries to teach the tards how they too have "white" and "cis" privilege while they stare at her uncomprehendingly, drooling, putting objects in their mouths, or getting distracted by shiny things.

"Now Jason, it's very important for you to understand that as a white heterosexual male, you have certain advantages which you must work to..."
"I CAN COUNT TO POTATO!"
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic old The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
Quote from: Earwicker
Distrusting western medicine is not necessarily the same thing as being anti-science.

Yes it is you fucking morons.  I get enough of this hippie shit on Facebook but THIS

Yeah this shit pisses me off a lot too.  The problem is that it has the word "Western" in it and liberals hate the West and want it destroyed, along with anything that resembles the West.

You are far better off just calling it what it is "science based medicine", or better yet, "evidence based medicine".  That way it's a lot harder for liberals to publicly come out against it.

:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

Trumpinator X

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »
i always thought the liberal hatred/distrust of western medicine was based primarily in the shenanigans of big pharma and hmo's
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

Rape Artist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »

If you're a cis man and the first thing you think when you see a tranny isn't "I can't wait to have that woman's penis buried balls deep inside of my ass pumping me full of hot cum" then you're a huge bigot

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
how long until troons come up with the phrase 'gender attraction' instead of 'sexual attraction'?

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »
+1
how long until troons come up with the phrase 'gender attraction' instead of 'sexual attraction'?

Thanks for giving them the idea.

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
pretty sure they already believe gender is fluid or on a sliding scale or something and that its totally normal and cool to be attracted to effeminate guys if your a straight man
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

brood

• Domestic Threat
  • keyboard cowboy
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »
pretty sure they already believe gender is fluid or on a sliding scale or something and that its totally normal and cool to be attracted to effeminate guys if your a straight man

anyone remember this?

http://queerdictionary.tumblr.com/post/8679552641/genderpivot

Genderpivot

iragray:

/ˈjendərˈpivət/ (noun):

a term i coined to describe the intersection of genderfluid and bigender identities in which one of the genders remains stagnant while the second gender fluctuates without a predestined path.

As a noun:

Person A: How do you identify, B?

Person B: I’m a genderpivot.

As a verb (signifies a shift in identity):

Person A: Hey, B, what are your preferred pronouns for today?

Person B: I’ve been genderpivoting a lot lately. So, I think I’ll go with they/them/theirs for now.

Person A: Sounds like a plan!

See also

Non-binary, Bigender, Genderfluid

Fake Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420 Commie
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
The only thing that's pivoting and fluid is the mental health of those that unironically use the term it would seem.

I mean it's either that or a really really transparent attention grabbing method.

As if all this was something more
Than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere
Another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Rape Artist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
The only thing that's pivoting and fluid is the mental health of those that unironically use the term it would seem.

I mean it's either that or a really really transparent attention grabbing method.

I'm not seeking attention but please check in with me twice daily re: pronoun preferences.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
Every time you ask "what are your preferred pronouns today?" an angel gets his sex reassignment surgery

Huffington Post

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 07:10:53 PM »
Every time you ask "what are your preferred pronouns today?" an angel gets his sex reassignment surgery

you shouldn't have to ask. ugh cis scum just die.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

In 2020 this will be the standard socially accepted greeting and mandatory in all workplaces per HR.
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words"

Patriarchy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 03:31:36 AM »
Quote from: Solkanar512
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of feeding the prison/industrial complex myself but I just hate that these questions are only being asked because they were a bunch of white, middle class football players, drunk on privilege. These questions aren't raised when it's someone who isn't white or someone who doesn't live In The Heart Land of America (tm).

One of the rapists was black. Both lived in a poor, working class town.