;

Author Topic: PYF>PYF Forums Drama/Events  (Read 5344 times)

Eugene Bullard

PYF>PYF Forums Drama/Events
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:50 AM »
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Interesting thread, should bring back some memories for a few of you.....

Too tired/lazy to quote anything now. Maybe tomorrow.

yowhatupg

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards cold, dead hands Strayan TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: PYF>PYF Forums Drama/Events
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
First paragraph for fuck's sake

THINGS THIS THREAD IS NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS:
  • Spergin over the ending to Mass Effect 3.
  • Transphobic comments in FYAD, and FYAD in general.

yowhatupg

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:36:08 AM »
On a more constructive note, I like that this actually makes PI regulars seem kinda sane and sensical

Pet Island is god damn jam packed with forum drama, but my favorite was the Maremma Sheepdog.

Thread (gassed): http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3090725

Essentially, fishy fishy started a thread talking about the dog she'd be picking up in a short period of time, a Maremma Sheepdog. This is an uncommon breed of dog that is massive, very territorial, and since its job is guarding sheep if there are no sheep to guard it will guard people...which sounds fine on the surface until your kids have friends over and the dog decides that the strange children are threats and bites them. Fishy had 2 kids, both of them extremely young, one of them autistic, and a urban environment with no real yard. Basically the worst environment possible for bringing a big dog filled with energy and an insanely strong guarding instinct.

PI swarmed all over her with links to urban maremma horror stories, tales of people who own/have owned/know people who owned the dogs, suggestions on other dogs she could get, basically doing everything but driving by her house and knocking on the door to demand she not get the dog. She ignored everything and just kept saying over and over again that she knew best, PI was stupid and totally jealous of her ~*~Rare Breed~*~ special snowflake dog, and that she was going forward to get it. PI internet detectives found her facebook page, saw a picture of the puppy she'd gotten, and then she got banned for being stupid.

Then the hardcore PI folks started following fishy fishy. They would swarm en masse to the pregnancy/parenthood thread where fishy fishy posted alot, asking if the dog had eaten her children yet, how that maremma was holding up, whether the dog had gone insane from boredom yet, etc. They'd get banned/probated in Ask/Tell, fishy fishy would get a break from being hounded, then they'd watch the thread for a moment to pounce and jump right back into the fray.

Eventually fishy fishy stopped posting on SA (she hasn't posted in almost 3 years), and to this day "Maremma sheep dog" is still a catchphrase in PI for stupid people getting dogs they don't understand.

yowhatupg

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »
Here we go, found a purple heart in the making.

Flora Isadora. I don't think I actually read her thread so my half-remembered knowledge is secondhand at best, but apparently she posted about going to parties, getting too drunk and passing out, and having sex while blacked out. Somebody gave her an avatar of a girl passed out at a party with this for a big red custom title: STRIKE THREE!

Searches turn up nothing.

You DO realize this means she was raped, right?

I think the context for that title was that it wasn't uncommon for her to get blackout drunk and collapse around the skeezy dudes that had already proved that lack of consent and consciousness wouldn't stop them from having sex with her.
Suggestions like drinking less and stop partying with rapists fell on deaf ears so at some point someone gave her that red title.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rape victim blaming is A-OK!! Red titles for all those sluts! User loses posting privileges for 3 days.   Eggplant Wizard

who the fuck is Eggplant Wizard and why are they such a fucking knob.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »
Quote from: manchild king
My favourite is the thread where Lowtax came up with a ridiculous plan to start putting a small symbol below each users avatar to indicate whether or not they were black. This was going to be done so that black people could call each other niggers but racists couldn't. This was a very good troll by him. It worked well. Too well. Only about one in ten posters seemed to be opposed to it at all. The thread quickly filled with hundreds of responses about how it was the greatest idea ever.

That thread more than any other demonstrated the stupidity that can be goon group think. Before that incident Lowtax was quite involved with the site and forums still. After that he only ever made infrequent visits and got a lot less involved with the site. The official cover story is that he wanted to spend more time with his family, but I like to think it was motivated by the realisation that the majority of his fanbase were idiots.

I would personally love to hear tales of moderators (both current and old) behaving badly. But I have a feeling if I follow that path to far I'll end up banned.

Have my doubts about whether or not that's real, does anyone remember?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
When was that? I don't remember it either.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Fuck you, dad! Inshallah! Autistic Anonymous Sasstronaut You can't know! Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
Quote from: manchild king
My favourite is the thread where Lowtax came up with a ridiculous plan to start putting a small symbol below each users avatar to indicate whether or not they were black. This was going to be done so that black people could call each other niggers but racists couldn't. This was a very good troll by him. It worked well. Too well. Only about one in ten posters seemed to be opposed to it at all. The thread quickly filled with hundreds of responses about how it was the greatest idea ever.

That thread more than any other demonstrated the stupidity that can be goon group think. Before that incident Lowtax was quite involved with the site and forums still. After that he only ever made infrequent visits and got a lot less involved with the site. The official cover story is that he wanted to spend more time with his family, but I like to think it was motivated by the realisation that the majority of his fanbase were idiots.

I would personally love to hear tales of moderators (both current and old) behaving badly. But I have a feeling if I follow that path to far I'll end up banned.

Have my doubts about whether or not that's real, does anyone remember?
That... sounds too perfect and hilarious to be true. Would love some proof.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 10:53:05 PM »
I never heard of that. Sounds to me like if it was ever A Thing, it was some FYAD crap from when he used to post in there a lot.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
First paragraph for fuck's sake

THINGS THIS THREAD IS NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS:
  • Spergin over the ending to Mass Effect 3.
  • Transphobic comments in FYAD, and FYAD in general.
If FYAD wasn't such a strong tradition it would have been gone a long time ago. It's like they are ashamed of their own history now. Same with Flora Isadora and that guy getting shit for talking about it.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
I also have never heard of the negro indicator.  If it happened, it was FYAD or mod forum.

I think there were plenty (a few hundred or so) instances helped push Lowtax away.  Family time was probably not one of them.  Let's not give him too much credit for walking away.  What it probably was was burnout from goon bs; but more importantly, he was able to walk away from the site and still collect a paycheck, because he had other idiots wanting to run it in exchange for basement and board.  And others took spots just for the honor and prestige that cat ladies crave, since no other station in their lives would give them a feeling of self-worth.

AND MY GOD... on that other thread... probated just for talking about a red title because a whore kept getting laid after drinking to blackout?  How dare you even talk about such a thing that already happened and was OK when it did.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »
I also have never heard of the negro indicator.  If it happened, it was FYAD or mod forum.

I think there were plenty (a few hundred or so) instances helped push Lowtax away.  Family time was probably not one of them.  Let's not give him too much credit for walking away.  What it probably was was burnout from goon bs; but more importantly, he was able to walk away from the site and still collect a paycheck, because he had other idiots wanting to run it in exchange for basement and board.  And others took spots just for the honor and prestige that cat ladies crave, since no other station in their lives would give them a feeling of self-worth.

AND MY GOD... on that other thread... probated just for talking about a red title because a whore kept getting laid after drinking to blackout?  How dare you even talk about such a thing that already happened and was OK when it did.

"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia."

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Awards old Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »

"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Good quote.  All trannies and libgoons lack objective reasoning.

DougEPhresh

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 10:32:58 PM »
PYF is the only forum I still post in, it actually has a level of self-awareness and there are some good threads going on at the moment.

post regret

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Californian Motorcyclist Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 05:39:57 AM »
I do remember something about an indicator.  From what I recall it was a joke announcement in QCS about 5 years ago where Lowtax said if you wanted to make offensive jokes you had to send a copy of your driver's license to prove you're allowed to say that.  Most goons were confused but some were suddenly trans, multiracial, disabled lesbians.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
I do remember something about an indicator.  From what I recall it was a joke announcement in QCS about 5 years ago where Lowtax said if you wanted to make offensive jokes you had to send a copy of your driver's license to prove you're allowed to say that.  Most goons were confused but some were suddenly trans, multiracial, disabled lesbians.

Explain that last statement please.  I think I am missing something.

post regret

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Californian Motorcyclist Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »
Yeah, what GAPO said, sorry.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »
Yeah, what GAPO said, sorry.

It clicked.  I got it now and actually remember that happening clearly.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 01:44:47 AM »
Prob a reference to the "identify yourself as black so you can say 'nigger' on the forums" thing.....
SASS posters immediately scan their drivers license and fire up photoshop.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
Prob a reference to the "identify yourself as black so you can say 'nigger' on the forums" thing.....

That reminds me of when SASS launched.  We had to hide our identities (this was before dox dropping became a threat from within SASS), because Ozmafat and several others (wasn't hypnotic helping too?) were internet detective-ing to match posters on SASS with posters on SA and stealth banning them.  She did it on more than just SASS iirc.

post regret

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:26 PM »

That reminds me of when SASS launched.  We had to hide our identities (this was before dox dropping became a threat from within SASS), because Ozmafat and several others (wasn't hypnotic helping too?) were internet detective-ing to match posters on SASS with posters on SA and stealth banning them.  She did it on more than just SASS iirc.

Hypnotic and Hocus for sure were trying to figure out who everyone was.  I think fishmech did too but I don't know if he was trying to get people banned or just being weird.