;

Author Topic: Decline of the UK megathread  (Read 95073 times)

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Autistic cold, dead hands old The Gentry Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
Re: Re: Decline of the UK megathread
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »
+1
Meanwhile, in London...

:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
+1
Pack ur shit up, it's over.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran United Statesian Sasstronaut Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »
Meanwhile, in London...

Isn't that just a sikh dude tho? Those guys have been serving in the Brit forces for like 200 years.
:bloomberg:

ringer

• Person Of Interest
  • literally who?
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2013, 07:54:30 PM »

brolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 01:14:54 AM »
Meanwhile, in London...

Isn't that just a sikh dude tho? Those guys have been serving in the Brit forces for like 200 years.

Yeah sikhs are pretty OK

Spazzard

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Bah Jaysus! Wounded in the line of posting. old TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Artist
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWj5H_rDTbs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWj5H_rDTbs</a>

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
Primary school dinner lady sacked after 11 years for accidentally dishing up gammon to Muslim girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381769/Cambridge-dinner-lady-Alison-Waldock-sacked-accidentally-dishing-gammon-Muslim-girl.html#ixzz2ajBPeAlL

Irony bonus: the muslim asked for the meal
Double irony bonus: there was no indication the girl was muslim.

:reagan:

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Classicist Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 02:53:07 AM »
You forgot to mention the worst part, Randbot:

The little girl never actually ate any of the pork, she realized her error before the girl ate anything and switched the lunch. The parents complained afterwards and that's why she was banned.

:facepalm:

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Autistic cold, dead hands old The Gentry Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

40k Scrotal Sacks

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Commie 420 Deutscher
    • Awards

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Commie Fascist Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 10:51:31 AM »
The first lot looks like New Monkey or Hanger13 or some shit, a magnet for the untermensch amongst the lower classes in the North East of England. No idea what budzbar is.

Being over 13 and liking music like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xbL1oUlOyE

is kind of a good way to filter subhumans off.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:52:53 AM by Ive Got The Trots »

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »

:madgoon:
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 10:08:15 PM »

:madgoon:

Theory confirmed  :smug:

VFW

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • Bury my keyboard at shitposter's knee
  • Awards Deplorables Sasstronaut TNE Veteran BYOB tfw no gf because jews Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:05 PM »

Bonus article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24319583

A controversial scheme allowing people across the UK to take out 95% mortgages will be launched next week - three months earlier than planned.

PM David Cameron made the announcement as the Conservatives gathered in Manchester for their annual conference.

He rejected fears the Help to Buy scheme will fuel a housing bubble.

:geithner:

Danish Plastic Bigotry

• Cishet White Male
  • YOU WAN PUSSY? FORRY BAHT
  • Awards Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 12:23:16 AM »
damn, it's weird considering how almost every sign in the US is :hank: :proc: , that still seems pozzed as fuck

requesting a hank with a bigass beard and fruity skullcap (sandals optional)

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
Meanwhile, in London...

we kept most of the fuckers where they belong though

Bonus article:

A controversial scheme allowing people across the UK to take out 95% mortgages will be launched next week - three months earlier than planned.

PM David Cameron made the announcement as the Conservatives gathered in Manchester for their annual conference.

Yeah, the money councils and so on around the UK must spend on translation is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:36:15 PM by Ive Got The Trots »

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

Good thing there's no precedent for this sort of thing ending badly   :tuss:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:58:02 PM by Bitter Weirdo »

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 06:08:21 PM »
I guess something like this lead to a housing bubble in the US once?

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
+1
It was one of many things that helped it along, yes. Even though the bubble essentially melted down around 2008, depending where you live the repercussions are still felt today.

Also, there are still somewhat questionable loan programs available out there for US homebuyers which continue to encourage fiscal irresponsibility.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:35:30 PM by Bitter Weirdo »

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 08:14:46 PM »
+3
It was one of many things that helped it along, yes. Even though the bubble essentially melted down around 2008, depending where you live the repercussions are still felt today.

Also, there are still somewhat questionable loan programs available out there for US homebuyers which continue to encourage fiscal irresponsibility.

So you are unhappy that the market isn't giving mortgage loans to people with bad credit.  Thus you use the government to influence the market to give loans to people they otherwise wouldn't have.  Then you are shocked when people are unable to pay their loans off?

What the fuck?  Are you serious?  What the fucking hell did you think was going to happen?

This is like goon logic:  "The only reason the market denied loans to some people is because of RACISM!!!  The market cares more about being racist than earning a profit!" 

GFR

• Unperson
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2013, 09:36:32 PM »
+1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-24623652

False widow spiders force Forest of Dean school closure

"There have been no reports of anyone being bitten by the false widow spiders at the academy but if you have any concerns please seek medical advice."

Quote from: spegipedia
They are not aggressive, and most injuries to humans are due to defensive bites delivered when a spider gets unintentionally squeezed or pinched somehow. It is possible that some bites may result when a spider mistakes a finger thrust into its web for its normal prey, but ordinarily intrusion by any large creature will cause these spiders to flee.

The once mighty UK, now certified wusses.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »
+1

So you are unhappy that the market isn't giving mortgage loans to people with bad credit.  Thus you use the government to influence the market to give loans to people they otherwise wouldn't have.  Then you are shocked when people are unable to pay their loans off?

What the fuck?  Are you serious?  What the fucking hell did you think was going to happen?

This is like goon logic:  "The only reason the market denied loans to some people is because of RACISM!!!  The market cares more about being racist than earning a profit!"

I may not have articulated myself very well when I posted that, Sorry.

No, I'm absolutely pissed that any of those loan programs (ARM's, zero down, 125% LTV etc. )were available in the first place. Most of the people who got "hurt" in the bubble were victims of nothing but their own stupidity, aided and abetted by both the government and private industry.  Now we've got the taxpayer on the hook for bullshit FHA loans that are defaulting in large numbers too. These loans are of course made to the same bunch of deadbeats who thought they could buy 700K houses on a strawberry picker's income.

Guess what? Income is a pretty good determinant of what you can afford, and no magic lending program can ever remediate the fact you pick strawberries for a living. No, you don't deserve a 700k McMansion, get fucked. In a just world, the bank would actually consider ability to repay the loan, but government requirements and regulalion changes allowing loan originators to sell off loans after making a profit on the origination created an environment ripe for abuse and collapse.

What I essentially was trying to say is that the UK is asking for a repeat of what we got here in the US and the government has ZERO place in mortgage lending.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 08:56:54 PM »

I may not have articulated myself very well when I posted that, Sorry.

No, I'm absolutely pissed that any of those loan programs (ARM's, zero down, 125% LTV etc. )were available in the first place. Most of the people who got "hurt" in the bubble were victims of nothing but their own stupidity, aided and abetted by both the government and private industry.  Now we've got the taxpayer on the hook for bullshit FHA loans that are defaulting in large numbers too. These loans are of course made to the same bunch of deadbeats who thought they could buy 700K houses on a strawberry picker's income.

Guess what? Income is a pretty good determinant of what you can afford, and no magic lending program can ever remediate the fact you pick strawberries for a living. No, you don't deserve a 700k McMansion, get fucked. In a just world, the bank would actually consider ability to repay the loan, but government requirements and regulalion changes allowing loan originators to sell off loans after making a profit on the origination created an environment ripe for abuse and collapse.

What I essentially was trying to say is that the UK is asking for a repeat of what we got here in the US and the government has ZERO place in mortgage lending.

I was using "you" to refer to those in government who thought intervention in the housing market was a good idea.  I wasn't talking about you specifically.  :nixon:

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
+2
Hopefully The UK's housing bubble will collapse at the same time as the USA's student loan bubble.

If a private bank absolutely refuses to loan a 17 year old kid $80,000 for a degree in lib arts, and the only possible way that kid can borrow the money is via government guarantee, what the fuck does that tell you?

Why is the bank refusing to make the loan in the first place?  There is a reason why.  What is that reason?   Answer:  it's a terrible investment and they have very little chance of actually getting paid back.    So.... why do we want to force them to make this loan?  If the loan is a bad investment for the bank, its also a bad investment for the student.  How the fuck are we helping the students out by letting them get those loans?

The burst of the Student Loan Bubble is going to be great fun to watch.  2016 maybe?  2018?  Gotta happen sooner or later.  It's inevitable at this point.