;

Author Topic: SA is really going to get its shit together this time  (Read 9767 times)

Torpid Sloth

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Better dead than red Scrooge Libertarian Futurist
    • Awards
Re: SA is really going to get its shit together this time
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »
+1
Sorry, why is any of that bad?

open-source jihad

• Citizen In Good Standing
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »
+5
Sorry, why is any of that bad?
Sorry, I just get autistic about frameworks such as bootstrap and personally think markdown is heavily inferior to BBCode
If you like em' more power to you I'm just really not a big fan...

Otherwise, I have never seen another web software use elixir and the dev is apparently dodging questions

Assigned Aran

• Unperson
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Autistic Killed in the Line of Posting Deplorables Faggot Sasstronaut Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Twitter - @EveryThotCounts
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 02:59:39 PM »
i'm not going on that terrible forum, who's the developer or are they anonymous?

Fake Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420 Commie
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »
+12
I haven't been to SA in ages and a better forum won't improve the posters there, so...  :jesse:

As if all this was something more
Than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere
Another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Waltzing Matilda

• Cishet White Male
  • Tomorrow Person
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Goon or Ex-Goon old Strayan
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 08:16:46 PM »
More info on dev's intentions in this thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792448&userid=219343

Intends to use Aurora.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:19:07 PM by Waltzing Matilda »

Jace821

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2017, 08:18:30 PM »
+3
Looks like lowtax is giving up and is just going to try to pay to have the forums ported to xenforo. I'm sure he can find someone willing to work for unsold SA tshirts.

Waltzing Matilda

• Cishet White Male
  • Tomorrow Person
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2017, 08:21:58 PM »
+3
Looks like lowtax is giving up and is just going to try to pay to have the forums ported to xenforo. I'm sure he can find someone willing to work for unsold SA tshirts.

Xenforo makes a lot of sense.  I don't know why he wanted custom written bullshit in the first place.

Waltzing Matilda

• Cishet White Male
  • Tomorrow Person
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2017, 08:27:30 PM »
i'm not going on that terrible forum, who's the developer or are they anonymous?

They said they've been on the forums for 10 years.  Lowtax gave them an admin account to discuss the software update and they''' "probably" reveal their identity eventually.

If you guys figure it out I will not really mind. Lowtax just made me a separate admin account and I don't really see a good reason to reveal who I am anyway. I'll probably go public at some point in the future anyway.

It's a joke, I've been on the forums for 10+ years.

Assigned Aran

• Unperson
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Autistic Killed in the Line of Posting Deplorables Faggot Sasstronaut Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Twitter - @EveryThotCounts
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2017, 08:44:28 PM »

They said they've been on the forums for 10 years.  Lowtax gave them an admin account to discuss the software update and they''' "probably" reveal their identity eventually.

If you guys figure it out I will not really mind. Lowtax just made me a separate admin account and I don't really see a good reason to reveal who I am anyway. I'll probably go public at some point in the future anyway.

It's a joke, I've been on the forums for 10+ years.

oh ok, if it's the dev known as nilbog they're in for a fun time
(or not, if they dumped the custom software shit)

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Prince Regent of the Incelibate Cucked Kingdom
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2017, 09:04:35 PM »
+9
Oh my lord, my jaw dropped open when I read what they were doing. Hahahah oh boy, have we learned any hard lessons from Radium and his fuckery?   

NOPE!!!  :tuss:

Let's have some halfass hand-coded unmaintainable and unsupported pile of shit that runs on the grace and goodwill of some dude who will get tired of Lowtax in a couple months and leave him holding the broken bag again.  Also, it's fantastic seeing the skeletal outlines of a forum take shape when all this shit has been solved and is in commercial products that you can buy that come with SUPPORT and UPDATES and all those niceties that help protect your primary source of income.

Holeeeee shit this is the most ignorant shit I've seen all week.

Waltzing Matilda

• Cishet White Male
  • Tomorrow Person
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2017, 09:18:17 PM »
+7
I'm still trying to work out what is unique about SA's vBulletin.  SA has less features than forums which were running stock vBulletin 15 years ago had, so exactly what did Radium customise?

Bill Wilkins

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Bah Jaysus! Classicist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »
+1
I haven't been to SA in ages and a better forum won't improve the posters there, so...  :jesse:

Elizabeth Warren Peace

• Enemy Of The State
  • YELLING
  • Awards KURWA Bah Jaysus! Jesuit Fuck you, dad! Canuck
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2017, 11:49:30 PM »
+17
Kiwifarms told Lowtax to freeze the old forums and import user data only to XenForo.  This was good advice so he fucking ignored it and is doing this stupid bullshit.  GJ Taxman.

Jace821

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2017, 11:55:06 PM »
+9
Kiwifarms told Lowtax to freeze the old forums and import user data only to XenForo.  This was good advice so he fucking ignored it and is doing this stupid bullshit.  GJ Taxman.

Not before getting fleeced out of another 10 grand or so.

Diamond Dallas Page

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2017, 01:10:33 AM »
+1
I'm still trying to work out what is unique about SA's vBulletin.  SA has less features than forums which were running stock vBulletin 15 years ago had, so exactly what did Radium customise?

15 years ago they had more active users and servers were a lot more expensive.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:41 AM »
+18
You would think that for the primary source of his revenue, the most important piece of his business, that the one thing Lowtax wouldn't skimp on would be forums software and hosting.

But hey, what do I know? :tuss:
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

Republican Fat Cat

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2017, 11:16:07 PM »
+6

Xenforo makes a lot of sense.  I don't know why he wanted custom written bullshit in the first place.

Yes it totally makes sense. Which is 100% why it won't happen.
D&D really does pretend to be a bunch of working class heroes when in reality the heaviest thing they've ever lifted are their colossal asses.

hairsniffer1983

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
+9
I think my last post on SA was like 2 years ago, telling lowtax in qcs to get out of the middle ages and use actual professional supported and cheap, existing, 1000-times-better-than-the-trash-you-have software that any second rate developer could work with for his primary source of income. I think he made some :smug: remark about caring too much, I forget. Grats bitch, you finally clued into what everybody else knew 10 years ago.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
+10
I think my last post on SA was like 2 years ago, telling lowtax in qcs to get out of the middle ages and use actual professional supported and cheap, existing, 1000-times-better-than-the-trash-you-have software that any second rate developer could work with for his primary source of income. I think he made some :smug: remark about caring too much, I forget. Grats bitch, you finally clued into what everybody else knew 10 years ago.

yeah that seems to be textbook lowtax.

point out or mention a problem and he'll demand you prove it with citations and in-depth investigation, swearing that he'll fix things but first you must scientifically prove with a p<.0001 that this is an issue.

if you actually do a little legwork, which tends to make him look like a lazy idiot who let a problem go (because he is), it's "WOW OWOWOWOWOW SO BUTTMAD JEEZE OBSESS MUCH???"

InsideOutside

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2017, 05:37:28 PM »
+7
hummmm i wonder if richard will take this opportunity to use real legit cc processing software for accounts and avatars and tee shirts and whatever the fuck else he sells which tracks orders and has security verification and does taxes and shit

or if hes still going to use an automated excel spreadsheet

:allears:

Diamond Dallas Page

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2017, 07:37:55 PM »
+4

yeah that seems to be textbook lowtax.

point out or mention a problem and he'll demand you prove it with citations and in-depth investigation, swearing that he'll fix things but first you must scientifically prove with a p<.0001 that this is an issue.

if you actually do a little legwork, which tends to make him look like a lazy idiot who let a problem go (because he is), it's "WOW OWOWOWOWOW SO BUTTMAD JEEZE OBSESS MUCH???"

That's not just a Lowtax thing.

InsideOutside

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2017, 10:27:58 PM »
+1
^^ no idea jew er i mean who he could be talking about

:gapo:

hairsniffer1983

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2017, 10:37:11 PM »
+5

Yeah that sounds about right. Super over the top 'I don't care really guys' cringey. Like he doesn't understand there's a difference between caring about dumb forum drama and caring that your business is running well.

Jace821

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »
+5
lmfao

Launchpad McQuack

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »
+12
I love him complaining about money. He could have done this 10 years ago when money was flowing. Or not let the forums turn to complete shit so people wouldn't pay for it.