I don't think I've seen this posted here, but apparently Shaun King came up with the idea to boycott all businesses, states, cities, municipalities, sports teams, etc. that support police brutality against blacks, or are (my favorite part) "willfully indifferent," i.e., if you are not for us you're against us. It is supposed to all start this Monday, Dec. 5: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-boycott-injustice-police-brutality-article-1.2812999
What follows is a very basic framework for how the Injustice Boycott will work.
1. We will not be releasing the names of the cities, states, businesses, and institutions that we will be boycotting until Dec. 5, 2016. Between now and then, we hope that cities and states around the country will begin to enact emergency legislation and policies to prevent police brutality and racial violence. Furthermore, we do not want any potential institutions to somehow undermine our efforts.
2. We can tell you this, our boycott will be national. That means we will be boycotting:
Entire cities and states much like what you see being done in North Carolina right now over the anti-LGBT House Bill
Particular brands and corporations who partner with and profit from systemic oppression.
Particular brands and corporations headquartered in cities and states notorious for police brutality and racial violence, which say and do little to nothing about it.
Particular institutions, including banks, which fund, underwrite, inform, train or otherwise support systemic oppression and brutality.
3. We will spend the next nine weeks carefully crafting each and every target and we will provide detailed justifications for each and every target when we launch on Dec. 5. When we launch, we will methodically roll out each and every target in a strategic and creative manner.
4. We will spend the next nine weeks carefully building a coalition of partner organizations, leaders and businesses who will be co-sponsors of the boycott. This has already started.
5. We will be providing meaningful, substantive alternatives and exceptions for each target of the boycott to help support those who stand against injustice in those cities and states.
6. We will be providing each city, state, business and institution a clear path out of the boycott.
7. The purpose of this boycott is visible, measurable, tangible change. When cities and states enact serious, credible reforms, we will end our boycott of our targets there. Otherwise, the boycott will continue indefinitely — like the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
8. We do expect this boycott to last for months, or even years, not days or weeks.
9. We will launch the next public phase of our strategic plan on Nov. 2. Until then, our efforts will be stealthy and behind the scenes.
Apparently this is old news, and it was posted back in September. I wonder if anything actually comes of it? The interesting thing is, based on his own logic, our government is complicit in support of police brutality against blacks and therefore we should boycott all government services. I wonder how that will go over in section 8? Not that real hood niggers give a shit what this lightskinned, probably-not-even-really-black-guy has to say.
I mean why not? The guy thinks people should boycott the Patriots because Belicheat voted for Trump. He wants to boycott entire cities. Hell, he thinks practically everything in the entire country perpetuates racial injusttice -- he's going to have to boycott basically everything.
Maybe he'll make some money from donations.