;

Author Topic: The Alt Right Dumping Ground  (Read 71601 times)

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: The Alt Right Dumping Ground
« Reply #1500 on: March 24, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »
+5
Communists should be thrown out of helicopters.

The fact that swole cru is banned but the faggot Marxists are still allowed here only gives fuel to the idea that Zog-o-troon is a filthy fucking kike.

lol

Calling republicans faggots who want to cut social security, medicare, medicaid, and the few good aspects of Obamacare (preexisting conditions) makes us marxists now?

Also, I find it amusing that some of the ethnonationalists here support a system where health insurance companies (with CEOs from India due to diversity quotas) simply take away coverage from millions of your white brothers and sisters in order to boost millions in corporate profits.

All the GOPe faggots that equivocated today should be thrown out of helicopters with the communists. I completely agree that we have to get this shit right now because it will be known as GOPcare or whatever the fuck. Nonetheless any fucking child understands politics enough to know that the bill is going to be changed 100 fuckign times again anyway.

Also fuck them. They've had six fucking years bitching about Niggercare and they didn't have a replacement ready to go? What a bunch of fucking scum. Basically they were just peacocking and never had any intention of actually replacing it because it was always about just words and not action.

Marine Le Pen is the true model of a "right-winger," but that variety of the right will never take hold in America thanks to the faggot Cruz and Ryan types.

Le Pen is WAY right. She wants to ban ALL shows of religion in public. Even wearing crosses. I hope to fuck she wins.

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Prince Regent of the Incelibate Cucked Kingdom
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian old Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #1501 on: March 24, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
+6
The medical system for active duty ain't much better than the VA. A buddy of mine recently retired and had this story to relate after seeing a civilian doctor:

Orthopedic surgeon just informed me that my meniscus is "shredded", and I am a very good good candidate for a meniscus transplant. He will be making phone calls first thing tomorrow morning to a sports med surgeon to get the ball rolling. For years the military docs sent me on my way with a diagnosis of tendonitis, naproxen, a PT profile, and an ice or heat remedy, refusing to do an MRI. Thanks!!!!!

This is government healthcare.

Did you say the last sentence in a very dramatic voice in your own head?

I have a condition that requires regular check-ups every 1-2 years. Every time I go to the hospital I have to get an x-ray (waiting time max 15 min) or a CT scan (sometimes on the same day, sometimes within a week or two). All of the tests are non-urgent and yet I still almost always get them on the same day.

My fine foreign friend, your entire country is about the size of Maine, one of our smaller states. They have roughly equivalent populations (Maine has more people). Maine is 39th in size out of 50 states.

I mention all of this because a healthcare system put together for your country may not scale up quite so well when you're looking at a nation the size of the USA.

Other folks have brought up the very good point that we already have a government-run healthcare program and it's trash. It's really really bad stuff and our veterans get pretty shabby treatment after their years of service.

We should ditch Obamacare, keep the two reasonable provisions (prior conditions and kids on parent's insurance) and work to reform the VA system. When we have that working properly, then we might have some trust in our government being able to get things right for the rest of us. Until then, they should get out of the healthcare business.

I agree with you that healthcare-for-profit leads to really shitty situations where people are ruined financially because they can't pay after having a procedure. I'm not sure how we can best address that but universal healthcare is a hell of a pipe dream.  We already have Medicaid for low-income folks so maybe keeping that funded is as good as it gets for a while.

Theoretically Offended

• Domestic Threat
  • Schrödinger's Otherkin
    • Awards
« Reply #1502 on: March 25, 2017, 06:15:37 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxTbfeYdO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxTbfeYdO0</a>

DA, COMRADE!

So every country in the Western hemisphere is communist dictatorship apart from the U.S.?

They're all becoming increasingly poisoned by despicable Marxist and degenerate philosophies. The United States, through the grace of God, somehow is the least cucked Western nation despite being the least white. Europe is falling. It may be too late for many of them. Even when Article 50 is triggered, it is likely too late for them. Free speech is eroding in Europe. You are arrested for words on the internet. You can't speak ill of immigrants, you racist. We need MORE WOGS to make the country better comrade! Also, let's just let them in on our collapsing NHS system because we're fucking progressives.

The United States isn't far behind though. We're getting overloaded by our degenerate culture, which is saturated with Hollywood fags and the like. They're pumping out the message every day and it's working.

Say what you will about the victories of Brexit and Trump, but the West is collapsing, and this is the death gasps. The left celebrates it as the last gasp of EVIL CISHET BIGOTRY but basically the mongrel hordes will destroy the West in our lifetimes. Yay.

You're only supposed to take one black pill, dude, not shotgun the entire bottle.

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Generation Identitaire Metal Fan Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Better dead than red The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Texan Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #1503 on: March 25, 2017, 09:00:49 AM »
+2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxTbfeYdO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxTbfeYdO0</a>

DA, COMRADE!

So every country in the Western hemisphere is communist dictatorship apart from the U.S.?

They're all becoming increasingly poisoned by despicable Marxist and degenerate philosophies. The United States, through the grace of God, somehow is the least cucked Western nation despite being the least white. Europe is falling. It may be too late for many of them. Even when Article 50 is triggered, it is likely too late for them. Free speech is eroding in Europe. You are arrested for words on the internet. You can't speak ill of immigrants, you racist. We need MORE WOGS to make the country better comrade! Also, let's just let them in on our collapsing NHS system because we're fucking progressives.

The United States isn't far behind though. We're getting overloaded by our degenerate culture, which is saturated with Hollywood fags and the like. They're pumping out the message every day and it's working.

Say what you will about the victories of Brexit and Trump, but the West is collapsing, and this is the death gasps. The left celebrates it as the last gasp of EVIL CISHET BIGOTRY but basically the mongrel hordes will destroy the West in our lifetimes. Yay.

I'm picturing you doing this with black pills while you wrote the above.

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Generation Identitaire Metal Fan Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Better dead than red The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Texan Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #1504 on: March 25, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
+4
All the GOPe faggots that equivocated today should be thrown out of helicopters with the communists. I completely agree that we have to get this shit right now because it will be known as GOPcare or whatever the fuck. Nonetheless any fucking child understands politics enough to know that the bill is going to be changed 100 fuckign times again anyway.

It's clear though that the GOPe excluded like half the party from designing this bill.  It's also readily apparent that they never intended to include any of the conservative GOP freedom caucus.  They just wanted to continue as usual.  This is why the GOP fucking blows when it has power, they have no fucking idea how to actually govern anymore.  All they know how to to do is complain when they aren't in power.

Also fuck them. They've had six fucking years bitching about Niggercare and they didn't have a replacement ready to go? What a bunch of fucking scum. Basically they were just peacocking and never had any intention of actually replacing it because it was always about just words and not action.

I absolutely agree.  How, after 6 goddamn years, did you come up with THIS option?  It's fucking worse than the original bill as it's somehow even more :jewrub: but not a surprise at all really.  The GOP clearly never plans longterm for when they might get back into power, it's all about spouting bullshit, making (((deals))), and complaining for them

Marine Le Pen is the true model of a "right-winger," but that variety of the right will never take hold in America thanks to the faggot Cruz and Ryan types.

Le Pen is WAY right. She wants to ban ALL shows of religion in public. Even wearing crosses. I hope to fuck she wins.

That's authoritarian right correct and I'm beginning to think that the Pinochet way is the only method that is going to work.  It's clear that our legislative branch is perfectly okay with ceding power to the Executive branch and the courts so fuck it.  If they aren't going to do their jobs then why are they there in the first place?

Mad at the Internet

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #1505 on: March 25, 2017, 11:23:29 AM »
+4
The medical system for active duty ain't much better than the VA. A buddy of mine recently retired and had this story to relate after seeing a civilian doctor:

Orthopedic surgeon just informed me that my meniscus is "shredded", and I am a very good good candidate for a meniscus transplant. He will be making phone calls first thing tomorrow morning to a sports med surgeon to get the ball rolling. For years the military docs sent me on my way with a diagnosis of tendonitis, naproxen, a PT profile, and an ice or heat remedy, refusing to do an MRI. Thanks!!!!!

Did you say the last sentence in a very dramatic voice in your own head?

I have a condition that requires regular check-ups every 1-2 years. Every time I go to the hospital I have to get an x-ray (waiting time max 15 min) or a CT scan (sometimes on the same day, sometimes within a week or two). All of the tests are non-urgent and yet I still almost always get them on the same day.

My fine foreign friend, your entire country is about the size of Maine, one of our smaller states. They have roughly equivalent populations (Maine has more people). Maine is 39th in size out of 50 states.

I mention all of this because a healthcare system put together for your country may not scale up quite so well when you're looking at a nation the size of the USA.

Other folks have brought up the very good point that we already have a government-run healthcare program and it's trash. It's really really bad stuff and our veterans get pretty shabby treatment after their years of service.

We should ditch Obamacare, keep the two reasonable provisions (prior conditions and kids on parent's insurance) and work to reform the VA system. When we have that working properly, then we might have some trust in our government being able to get things right for the rest of us. Until then, they should get out of the healthcare business.

I agree with you that healthcare-for-profit leads to really shitty situations where people are ruined financially because they can't pay after having a procedure. I'm not sure how we can best address that but universal healthcare is a hell of a pipe dream.  We already have Medicaid for low-income folks so maybe keeping that funded is as good as it gets for a while.

I like ExMarx so it's nothing personal but a small, manageable solution that works in his country could never work here. Not to mention the mish mosh of cultures, many of whom are genetically predisposed to try and get as much as they can for as little or as free as possible. Hordes of blacks, latinos, not to mention the asian bug people. It just can't work due to the numbers of people here in the States.

I posit military medicine is the way it is because on any given day, you have people who are waiting at sick call trying to get out of a day's work, a field evolution, or a deployment. You have an overflowing waiting room, all of whom have to be seen by their healthcare provider by close of business. At that point the whole process becomes an assembly line. You have no choice but to try and see as many people as possible during the day meaning you have less time to spend on them individually, especially when you know at least of a quarter of the people you see are just fucking malingering. With that kind of service, it's no wonder my buddy went years without getting an actual diagnosis.

Alt Frank

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Drinkin' and Postin' Jesuit Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards
« Reply #1506 on: March 25, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
+7
Part of the issue is also how med school works. Anecdotal, but I have multiple friends with degrees in hard sciences and cGPA's above 3.75 that simply cannot get into med school, even with average-above average MCATs. For some reason we're limiting the supply of American doctors so we can import thousands of, generally, Indian doctors that will work both in non-specialized fields and for less.

I've heard musings on this forum that this is because of the AMA lobbying state govt's to limit med school enrollment in order to maintain salaries, but I don't enough about that. I guess that could make sense, considering doctors' salaries actually decreased under Obama.

There's also several major issues that immediately come to mind:

Poors, mostly poor blacks and hispanics, treat the ER as a walk-in clinic, rather going to a doctors office or an actual clinic. Their costs have to be recouped and their visits increase wait times. Ironically, the ACA has actually forced many independent doctors to consolidate under bigger organizations due to decreasing salaries and increasing regulatory overhead.

Obamacare's electronic medical records mandate has driven job satisfaction into the ground amongst doctors, and PAs and NPs to a lesser extent. No shit, who would enjoy having their job being effectively reduced to a clerical job. This is actively driving doctors out of the workforce and into other corporate healthcare and similar positions.

I've honestly found it amazing watching my general practitioner's office and the specialty doctors' offices I visit expand over the last decade - each still has the same 3-4 doctors it has had since I started going to them, but they've each added on 1-2 PA's and doubled or tripled their support staff. At a minimum, they now have twice as many desk jocks as actual medical staff.

PUSSY CANCER

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry Jew
    • Awards
« Reply #1507 on: March 25, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
+9
Med School & Law Schools are guilds and they are the gatekeepers that control who gets into their special profession and who doesn't. 
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Luckpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #1508 on: March 25, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »
+2
Med School & Law Schools are guilds and they are the gatekeepers that control who gets into their special profession and who doesn't.

With Law School it's a little more complicated, because you can hypothetically get in if your grades, recommendations/connections, and LSAT are amazing enough (*edit: and if you're the right color), and THEN the gatekeeping shit really kicks in where if you're a pleb you're probably not going to have access to the same opportunities as others. I was lucky and had the grades and letters to get into one of the state's best schools - and depending on what you want to focus on it's sometimes better to go to a regional school with a good reputation - but I'm also one of those nobody "first generation of the family to graduate college" rural types. I had guys in my section who were going to be, like, 5th generation lawyers, and they knew they had a job waiting for them at dad's gigantic firm back in Dallas or wherever.

With Med School aren't getting in and then getting sent to a good hospital for your residency the really tough parts?

edit: Typing this post made me remember another of my classmates - at orientation we had a girl raise her hand in front of all the incoming 1L's to ask the folks running it if and when she could have her dad cut a check for her tuition. Thank God she was put in a different section.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:37:34 PM by Luckpfeifengesicht »

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting White Chick You can't know! Fuck you, dad! United Statesian 420
    • Awards
« Reply #1509 on: March 25, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
+4
We already have Medicaid for low-income folks so maybe keeping that funded is as good as it gets for a while.

My issue with medicaid is that people do abuse it in stupid ways,like going to the er for every snot,sniffle and ache when they could've waited and went to their primary care doctor. I have kidney stones and I waited to go to my primary care doctor instead of running to the ER because there's no use when I know she'll tell me the same thing,prescribe me what meds she can and refer me to a urologist. I know people that run to the ER for every fucking thing and they're stupid as fuck. With medicaid in Ky if you go to the ER for a non emergency reason they can charge you a $50 copay for wasting their time,not like they'll actually get it though.

Then there's the doctor's themselves sending patients for scan after scan,sending them fucking 2 hours away when there's the same kind of doctor in town and piles of blood work. I don't need blood work done every 3 months but my doctor does it. Except for one abnormal liver result every single bit of it has shown I'm healthy,not at risk for diabetes and my cholesterol is good. There's no reason to keep doing it every 3 months. Maybe once a year would be better. My mom has had so many fucking scans that it's stupid. We've had to go to Louisville like 3 times in the last few months for no reason since there's a fucking ENT in town and her scan results came back clear. Then her blood work came back normal after they got her off the calcium supplements. All of that was a fucking waste of our time,their time and medicaid's time. I sure they got paid though since the sestamibi scan was a couple of grand,we got to the University of Louisville's hospital and Wellcare didn't want to pay for it because the ENT didn't preauthorize it. The woman at the desk said it was like $2,000. The ENT said it wasn't good enough to have it done at our local hospital even though they could have done it. No he said he only trusted the results of UoL. They felt bad and did it anyway because we came from 2+ hours away to have it done and they knew wellcare would pay.

Her primary care doctor occasionally wants to pull this shit that she sees you via video. That pisses me the fuck off because she's getting paid by medicaid for seeing my mom while not actually even being there. That's total bullshit. I understand my mom needing blood work every so often because of her medical issues but this doctor sending her halfway across the state is fucking retarded. The fucking eye doctor's office pulled this shit too. Sent her to Lexington to a neuro-ophthalmologist cause they said she had optic nerve hypoplasia. The salty indian bitch doctor said no she didn't and talked about how she was slow because of her brain defect. Eat shit bitch,my mom knows she isn't right but she does her best. Medicaid paid for the ride and visit so my mom could get called slow by an indian cunt. You know what would've been fine? For her to have just been given a prescription for eye glasses,that's all she needs. Oh medicaid pays for that too now and I have no idea why. All the MCO's in this state pay for them.

I'm sorry for the rant but damn there's some huge fucking problems going on there.

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • No more vidya games, now harden the fuck up.
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge cold, dead hands The Gentry Methodist old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #1510 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:06 PM »
+5
I think all of you guys are seeing the target when it comes to why the American healthcare system was broken before :obammy:, but are having a tough time pulling it together.

It was basically a triad:

1. Doctors.

Yes, they charge a lot of money. They have horrendous educational costs to pay for and new pharmaceuticals to push as possibly better treatments for different ailments, along with the benefit of specializing, making them know more and more about smaller and smaller portions of the patient, and of course negotiating payment from patient insurance.

The main reasons for their everyday expenses, though, has to do with the other two portions of the triad: malpractice insurance and the lawyers that necessitate the malpractice insurance.

2. Insurance

Insurance companies are (or were) the biggest beneficiaries of the system. They make money from doctors AND from patients, and don't have to face nationwide competition, giving them regional monopolies. And how do they make their money? By getting people to pay them for promises, which is the ultimate in price/product ratios. You produce nothing, and you get huge amounts of money for it.
But let's face it, at least malpractice insurance is needed, because doctors are human and make mistakes. That's where the final third of the triad comes in.

3. Lawyers

Oh boy, do Americans love to sue each other. If something goes the least little bit wrong, out come the lawsuits. The thing about medicine is that perception of it has changed an unbelievable amount in the last 100 years. Because now we just FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE! Everything medical is considered scientific and therefore as controllable as smartphones. Bad medical outcomes, though many times inevitable, have become unacceptable in the psyche of the typical American and therefore grounds for lawsuits, in particular "ghetto lottery" lawsuits.

Where you have laws that allow huge payouts, you have lawyers infesting the courts like termites.

Shitty effort post of the day, have at it.
Grow the fuck up, harden the fuck up, and shut the fuck up.

Uncle Touchy

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #1511 on: Today at 12:33:14 AM »
+4
They are all fucking dirty and self-serving to the core.

How many poor doctors do you know? Fuck all of them and their bloo hoo malpractice insurance sandy vagina bullshit.

Insurance companies are worse, but not by much... they have so much fat to be trimmed... it's ridiculous. But hey, they don't face anything approaching true competition... and they can hire hot women, err sorry "account managers" to woo dirty cishet union bosses and benefit managers.

Now obviously lawyers are the worst of the worse... but that's only because law schools have been churning out retards for decades.. their market is saturated... every possible litigation will be found. 

The system is fucked from top to bottom. Telling the government to fuck off and remove the red tape isn't going to fix anything.... sorry libertarians. That's not to say that universal healthcare is the answer... but the free market would just let millions die. Maybe that's not a bad thing... I really don't know... but I think it would be a tad embarrassing for the wealthiest nation on the planet. Like I've said in another post... the government's role in healthcare is only trending upwards... so either we figure out how to regulate this market or we don't... but a hard free market reset is going to leave a bunch of people dead from preventable shit.

Theoretically Offended

• Domestic Threat
  • Schrödinger's Otherkin
    • Awards
« Reply #1512 on: Today at 12:51:07 AM »
+11
Goodness, you mean someone who goes through 12 years of school and saves lives gets paid a lot of money?!? Holy shit, it's almost like we pay proportional to the effort given and services provided or something!!! What a funny concept, OBVIOUSLY it just means every doctor is a greedy jew!

Uncle Touchy

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #1513 on: Today at 01:48:05 AM »
+3
Sure, because doctors are true and just and always looking out for the little guy and only care about Timmy and his new kidney.... just like on TV!!

They never have powerful lobby groups in their pockets.... oh heavens no... they would never pit insurance companies against hospitals against the government... oh mercy me never... it's all about their effort in college because .... fuckin lol...
« Last Edit: Today at 01:51:15 AM by Uncle Touchy »

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1514 on: Today at 08:27:04 AM »
+2
I don't think doctors are that much of a problem, nor do I believe cutting their salaries would fix much. I think the real waste goes into admin and clerical positions (sorry nerdball) and insurance. I'd say about 60% of the money that swirls around and through the health care system goes to that stuff and is complete waste.
I had a penis in my butt the other day but I have a hard time really enjoying anal. It mostly feels like pooping.

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
    • Awards
« Reply #1515 on: Today at 09:44:23 AM »
+5
I'm okay with doctors being paid a lot.  Their hours are insane (like 80+ hour weeks all of the time), it's one of the highest stress jobs in the world, one single instance of malpractice can ruin your career, and they are responsible for the welfare/health of their patients. 

Anyone who wants to lower doctoral salaries isn't really thinking it through.  Do that and you guarantee that all doctors eventually become street shitters.  Is that what you want?  It's barely worth it now thanks to immense stress but many do it because the salaries justify the effort.  Take that away and it kills the desire of most to want to do it.

This is why engineers are paid a lot too.  When you can be held personally liable and have the welfare of people in your hands, your salary must necessarily be equivalently high.

(((👃👃👃)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1516 on: Today at 10:14:45 AM »
+5
I don't have a problem with doctors salaries being high.

I do question why people need to see the doctor if they have the flu or strep throat.  Basic shit that likely comprises 80% of all doctor visits should be handled by someone other than a doctor like an RN or something.  Doctors should only really be used for shit that goes beyond basic diagnoses.  We should start looking for ways to drive down costs and paying someone $200,000 a year to diagnose something that a $60,000 employee could do just as well seems like a no brainer to me.

nerdball

• Cishet White Male
  • wut
  • Awards Deplorables old United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon White Chick Libertarian
    • Awards
« Reply #1517 on: Today at 11:09:10 AM »
+3

I do question why people need to see the doctor if they have the flu or strep throat.  Basic shit that likely comprises 80% of all doctor visits should be handled by someone other than a doctor like an RN or something.  Doctors should only really be used for shit that goes beyond basic diagnoses.  We should start looking for ways to drive down costs and paying someone $200,000 a year to diagnose something that a $60,000 employee could do just as well seems like a no brainer to me.

This is already happening in primary care with the increase in mid-level practitioners (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners).

Drinkerton National Shitposting Agency

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Alconauts
  • We Never Sleep Sober
  • Awards Deplorables United Statesian Better dead than red old Scrooge Deutscher Drinkin' and Postin' Took down a Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Took down a Moderator Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #1518 on: Today at 11:43:16 AM »
+9
If you don't think doctors earn their salaries you are a grade A+++ 'tard 'n a half.
Of course, the "proper" reaction is to treat a troon like a five year old playing hide and seek for the first time. 

"What transsexual?  All I see are three perfectly normal sexy ladies.  Aren't no men in that picture that I can see."

Alt Frank

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Drinkin' and Postin' Jesuit Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards
« Reply #1519 on: Today at 11:48:26 AM »

This is already happening in primary care with the increase in mid-level practitioners (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners).

This is due to the growing lack of primary care docs rather than any notion of "maybe we don't need doctors doing this"

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • No more vidya games, now harden the fuck up.
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge cold, dead hands The Gentry Methodist old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #1520 on: Today at 12:42:07 PM »
+2
That's not to say that universal healthcare is the answer... but the free market would just let millions die.[...] but a hard free market reset is going to leave a bunch of people dead from preventable shit.

Of course we want everyone taken care of medically, just like we want everyone fed, clothed, and have a decent place to live. It's good of you to care for the common man in such a way.

But I question the ability of the government to provide these things for everyone. And government's ability and concern declines proportionally to its size. The bigger it is, the worse the outcome.

Food for example. Food production and distribution is vastly private with some common sense regulations, and practically nobody starves to death in this country. Yes, there are government programs that feed people, as we've noted in other threads they are abused badly.
And that's what you get with government entitlement (welfare) programs - the free rider problem.

Now, in regards to healthcare, the worst atrocities don't come from private systems, but from government-run ones.

One glaring example is the death toll from the 2003 French heat wave. The French have socialized healthcare, so how in the hell did over 14,000 people die from summer time heat?

Imagine something like that happening in the U.S., especially under a Republican president.

This is not even going into what I think are the worst scenarios, but this is one that has a high body count in a short time period, making it impossible to hide by news media.

So I don't think we would see millions die from even a quick healthcare change. In my opinion, that's government propaganda from people who have too much power to lose in such a change.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:44:22 PM by Psycho Dad »
Grow the fuck up, harden the fuck up, and shut the fuck up.

nerdball

• Cishet White Male
  • wut
  • Awards Deplorables old United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon White Chick Libertarian
    • Awards
« Reply #1521 on: Today at 12:49:24 PM »
+2

This is due to the growing lack of primary care docs rather than any notion of "maybe we don't need doctors doing this"

Well yeah, and we can thank malpractice attorneys and declining reimbursements for that.

I think another factor is the magic pill-ization of American thinking. There's a whole lot of people who think doctors are magic and their existence obviates the need for personal responsibility in health, followed by a call to the lawyer when a handful of pills can't fix 50 years of bad living. If I was going to sign up for the insanity of medical school, residency, and all the rest I wouldn't bother with primary care either.