;

Author Topic: The NFL Deathwatch Thread  (Read 16200 times)

Strugbox FBI Plant

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
Re: The NFL Deathwatch Thread
« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2017, 12:08:47 AM »
+18
IMO people are willing to do a lot for something they identify with.  If you feel like you're part of THE TEAM even if you're just sitting there drinking beer and watching overpaid millionaires play a children's game, you'll sacrifice a lot and spend a lot on merchandise/tickets etc.

Of course once those millionaires start actively insulting you and the country you belong to you stop identifying with THE TEAM really fucking quickly.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2017, 01:49:58 AM »
+2
You're not taking into account 3 or 4 generations of traditions that families and friends have built around the fandom. That is what's hard to kill.
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2017, 05:35:35 AM »
+12
You're not taking into account 3 or 4 generations of traditions that families and friends have built around the fandom. That is what's hard to kill.

Why do you think it became a tradition in those families?  Hint:  it's not because football players pissed on the flag and had the league commissioner's explicit backing to do so.

If anything, it's the long standing fans who have at least in my personal experience turned away the most.  The cucks and the few libfags that I know personally are the only ones who haven't been offput and left, or those obsessed with fantasy football.  Admittedly it's not the majority, but it's 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 people who went from NFL RAH to "fuck 'em all I'll find something else to do."  And the fairweather fanbase that remains is not one you build off of - they at most spend for the TV package and a jersey and some stuff at Christmas - they don't go to your games regularly and buy season tickets.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2017, 07:28:16 AM »
+4
I have missed watching maybe 20 games in the past 20 years. But this year I only watched our season opener and haven't watched since. I don't know our record or who won the last game. I haven't worn a jersey on Friday since week 1. So I'm not the one I'm talking about. In fact, when I told my kid I was selling my jerseys she said, "No, you can't do that! You love that team!" (She is not a fan of football.)

My point is that people suck I think they will fall back in line and start consuming football again. They will find a way to justify it individually.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: October 20, 2017, 07:53:22 AM »
+18
I wouldn't worry about that.  Once kneeling has lost its luster, the ((powers that be)) will find another way to piss off the remaining fans.  Social justice never stops when it's unchecked.  Maybe they'll require that two fags buttfuck each other on the field at half time.  Something to make the whites uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:56:28 AM by Dem Wypipo »

kornbeef

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Metal Fan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! The Gentry Boy Scout old Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red TNE Veteran Scrooge cold, dead hands Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: October 20, 2017, 08:13:35 AM »
+6
I know a lifetime NFL season ticket holder who gave up on the NFL when they moved the stadium 30 miles away.  I know several people who have given up watching altogether due to the current protest nonsense and nonstop commercials.

Also moving teams is starting to bite them in the ass.  No one is watching either LA team after they left poorer but more rabid fanbase cities.  Several stadiums are embarrassingly empty of fans.

The NFL is still hugely profitable and not going away, but they have done themselves irreparable harm.  If their profit margin is 12% and they lose 5% of their fans, margins suddenly are 7% and no different than a low risk S&P500 fund.

asip please thank you

• Unperson
  • Awards Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: October 20, 2017, 08:23:18 AM »
+12
This is MLS so it doesn't matter at all but the Columbus Crew is threatening to move to Austin if we don't build a soccer stadium downtown. The current one is less than 20 years old. Everyone is pretty much "peace bitch" and it's great.

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: October 20, 2017, 08:24:28 AM »
+2
Where on earth would they build it downtown? Near Nationwide somewhere?

asip please thank you

• Unperson
  • Awards Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »
+2
Yeah that's the idea lol. As if anyone wants more shit down there.

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: October 20, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
+5
I think they are overestimating how many soccer fans there are in Columbus.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
+11
We like the Revolution in Mass, but at the same time the logistics of getting rip-snortin drunk and driving home from Gilette is something we're willing to do for football but not soccer. After the Patriots, you're one DUI case out of several thousand. You'll be fine. There's plenty of other drunk drivers honking their horns who stand out way more obviously than you do. After a Revolution game? You're fuckin screwed. You're one out of a small handful of DUI cases. Your surrounded by soccer moms and sober dads. Good fucking luck. You better go ahead and pop in another stick of gum before stopping off at Dunks for a large iced hazelnut.

We could have an insanely successful franchise if the team had a small stadium in Boston. Shit, they could gouge away at ticket prices and people would go, just because "soccer in the city is cool."

Basically, we totally wanna roleplay drunk English soccer hooligans (and would pay a lot of money to do so) but there's no immersion when you try to do it at an NFL football stadium way out in the suburbs.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:54:20 AM by blasting_asshole »

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
+9
I wouldn't worry about that.  Once kneeling has lost its luster, the ((powers that be)) will find another way to piss off the remaining fans.  Social justice never stops when it's unchecked. Maybe they'll require that two fags buttfuck each other on the field at half time.  Something to make the whites uncomfortable.

Coincidentally, news leaked that this is gonna be this year's Super Bowl halftime show.

Thankpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red Texan Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: October 20, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »
+22
I wouldn't worry about that.  Once kneeling has lost its luster, the ((powers that be)) will find another way to piss off the remaining fans.  Social justice never stops when it's unchecked.  Maybe they'll require that two fags buttfuck each other on the field at half time.  Something to make the whites uncomfortable.

/pol/ is working on getting/forcing the NFL to have tranny cheerleaders.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Mad at the Internet

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: October 20, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »
+12
/pol/

God bless those crazy autistic motherfuckers.

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: October 20, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
Well there is now a troon centerfold in Playboy, so why not?

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »
+6
I have missed watching maybe 20 games in the past 20 years. But this year I only watched our season opener and haven't watched since. I don't know our record or who won the last game. I haven't worn a jersey on Friday since week 1. So I'm not the one I'm talking about. In fact, when I told my kid I was selling my jerseys she said, "No, you can't do that! You love that team!" (She is not a fan of football.)

And thus concludes Old Man Wisdom Time #7156

My point is that people suck I think they will fall back in line and start consuming football again. They will find a way to justify it individually.

I don't think so.  In a world where the economy was good, politician scandals 10x as bad as Watergate weren't routine, and nigger tranny faggots weren't being forced down everyone's throats by a media that's increasingly abandoning any pretense of objectivity that might be the case, but people are getting tired of betrayals.  Cucks and fairweather fans won't care, but people who are getting tired of this shit are already mentally jettisoning anything that they know isn't on their side, and they are the big spenders.  NFL has shown where they stand.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »
+18
Yeah, people need to get rid of their boomer-era assumptions about shit.  America in 1985 ain't anything like America in CURRENT YEAR.  We've seen multiple stories about how key people in or associated with the NFL are perfectly okay taking a financial hit to ensure negroballers can kneel, chimp out, etc.  Suburban burgers aren't going to go back to sleep and zonk out on handegg, our social betters are going to make sure that isn't going to happen again.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
+3

I don't think so.  In a world where the economy was good, politician scandals 10x as bad as Watergate weren't routine, and nigger tranny faggots weren't being forced down everyone's throats by a media that's increasingly abandoning any pretense of objectivity that might be the case, but people are getting tired of betrayals.  Cucks and fairweather fans won't care, but people who are getting tired of this shit are already mentally jettisoning anything that they know isn't on their side, and they are the big spenders.  NFL has shown where they stand.

CONSUME is such a stupid Boomer way of looking at the world. the vast majority of people dont spend a fucking dime on the NFL, they watch it on network television and maybe a commercial gets through to them. what the fuck are they CONSUMING?

this is exactly why cord cutting is so terrifying to boomers, CONSUMING television with your parents netflix password?!? error error does not compute bing bong i like ike

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »
+4
I watch football and see commercials. Networks get paid by businesses to show their dumb shit for me to watch but I donít care one bit because Iím the end I donít buy a bunch of useless shit like a mindless jackass.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
+1
Oh also I cut the cord 15 years ago and only watch OTA games so the jooze donít get my cable money

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
+4
Is there a marketing term for people who are immune to commercials, like "expendable in the race war"? I mute them.

F. Ree Swolcru

• Unperson
  • No More Amber Waves Of Grain
  • Awards Deplorables You can't know! United Statesian Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2017, 08:51:54 PM »
+5
Is there a marketing term for people who are immune to commercials

The enemy.

Merkmerk73

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:08 PM »
+6
I continue to be amazed by the ability of major institutions to commit suicide by SJW, even though I shouldn't be anymore.  The SJW cancer disables the immune system and then destroys the host. 

On a more pleasant note, this is yet another crushing defeat for the Left in the Culture War.  This is a "Bayonet charge against a line of machine guns" type defeat.  And all that it took was a small showing of balls by The President to goad the Liberals into the bayonet charge.  Everything that I have been screaming about with regards to Republicans being gutless pussies who leave countless KO opportunities on the table is being validated.  Trump might be sacrificing his personal approval rating but millions of Americans are getting redpilled in the meantime.  Any Republican in a purple state should make Obamacare, immigration, and the NFL their primary platforms.

If you don't believe any of what this poster said, just take note that fake news is practically in the dictionary already in terms of usage as a colloquialism

Trump did that

Fake news existed at least as far back as the 2000s - that's when I started noticing all the bias - but at that time there didn't seem to be a high level of awareness and the 'reality has a liberal bias' thinktank meme was everywhere.

Now it's common knowledge the media is full of shit

Thankpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red Texan Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2017, 10:49:53 PM »
+16
Never, ever let the left forget that they pushed the term "fake news". It was a sister of "alternative facts", but it exploded right in their faces because Trump snatched it away and made it his own.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »
+2
Yeah, people need to get rid of their boomer-era assumptions about shit.  America in 1985 ain't anything like America in CURRENT YEAR.
You and a few of the other... uh, less intelligent people on here keep using that term. Are you referring to Baby Boomers? Do you understand that those are the people who were born in the baby boom after WW2 and they are in their 70s? (I'm typing slowly so you can keep up.) They don't do anything. They vote, but that's really the only influence they have. You seem to worry about them a lot.