;

Author Topic: 50% less SA visitors than 2 years ago  (Read 4742 times)

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
50% less SA visitors than 2 years ago
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
http://trends.google.com/websites?q=forums.somethingawful.com&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

lmao who would have thought that you won't be able to retain your userbase when there's free alternatives that don't fine users for thoughtcrimes

DougEPhresh

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
Re: 50% less SA visitors than 2 years ago
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:39:58 PM »
What happened in the winter of 2010?

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
That shows the slow death of the forums over three years, but I believe SA was already in the ICU by 2009.

I would like to see a similar chart from 2001 until present.  If the chart used a weighted total number of internet users for 2001-2012, like they do for inflation, we would get a really good picture on the death of SA.  The number daily internet users now compared to 2001 has got to be astronomically larger.

Either way, even with the youth, mom, and hipster users increasing, SA is trending down.  Scary. :myecred:

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
i saw a thread in sa a while back where someone brought this point up, and the general goon response was "now we only have the cream of the crop, no more of the  :paul::johnwayne::adam: , or  :dubya: types"
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran United Statesian Bah Jaysus! Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:49 PM »
i saw a thread in sa a while back where someone brought this point up, and the general goon response was "now we only have the cream of the crop, no more of the  :paul::johnwayne::adam: , or  :dubya: types"

Hangly can have a similar sentiment when he writes in his journal every night.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »

:obama:

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Awards old Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »

"... and with that, The Great Aryan Reformer was finally successful in cleansing the world of all impure and unworthy people.  Gone are the orientals, indians, negros, hispanics, and jews.  Left are only the pure and worthy.  My life's work is finally completed.  Sadly, this will be my final journal entry.  For I have nothing left to do, but to wait for His coming.  I pray that others like me have a chance to read of my great feats and services to God and to this world."

And with that, Hangly Man slowly closed his journal and placed his Mountblanc in the desk drawer.  He was about to log onto his blog as a tear slowly slid down his cheek.  He tasted the salinity of it.  He thought back, as the corners of his mouth turned slightly upward, that it was so ironic that the taste in his mouth was so similar to the taste of blood he experienced so many times during the Great Slaughter.  Gone from this taste was only the acrid tinge of copper.  He bit his tongue to taste it once more.  A flood of nostalgia and blood lust coursed through his veins.  Great God, how he had missed it.  He opened the desk drawer and retrieved his pen once more, only this time he did not close it.  "One final notation," he thought to himself as he opened his journal to the final page.

"However, in my Crusade to make the world a perfect Utopia, I made but one folly.  I am the last one left..."

He placed his Mountblanc back in the drawer and removed his trusty German Luger P08.  In all those years, it had never let him down.  NOT LIKE ALL THOSE FOOLS!  He placed the gun to his temple and paused...  "Surely He would forgive me this one trespass.  This mortal sin would surely be seen in His eyes as a venial sin after all of my tireless work is His name.  Yes.  YES.  It will."  Serenity quickly replaced the rage he had felt for too long.  Such a release it was.  A look of ecstasy reshaping the deep, battle-hardened lines on his face.  "Ah!  So this is why even the oldest of His flock seemed to instantly shed ten years from their faces as I absolved them of their sins.  BANG!  And peace.  Bang!  And peace.  BANG!  And peace."  He had witnessed it countless times, but now he truly understood why.  His eyes rolled back into his head in anticipation of the greatest Release.  His pants suddenly felt much too tight.  A feeling he had not felt since the last Purging. "Surely He will forgive my mortal flesh this one final transgression."  His life flashed before his eyes.  "BON MOT!  On this day I meet my Maker!" With that final reassuring though, he pulled the trigger.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »
 :lilal:

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
Apparently, I killed the thread with that. :myecred:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
I am astounded at your literary elegance.

:reagan:
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »
I am astounded at your literary elegance.

:reagan:

Thanks.  I only effort when I get some kind of inspiration.  The reaction was pretty limited, so that's the  last of my efforteering, but I will continue my gloriously average threadshitting per the norm.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »
I was going to add that it should be "50% fewer SA visitors...", but who's counting?

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
Change the URL to somethingawful.tumblr.com and they'll get more traffic. They'll fit right in.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »
Rocket only likes you because you didn't make fun of him for defending larping

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist The Gentry cold, dead hands Ave Maria Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »

But wait rocket likes me...

No...N-n-n-n-no!

:madgoon: :madgoon: :madgoon:

:myecred: :myecred: :myecred:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »
Technically I defended outdoor activities, but it's funnier the way you said it.