;

Author Topic: E/N Bullshit > Housemate is a creepy pervert...should I confront him?(Beta ITT)  (Read 3056 times)

Eugene Bullard

Quote from: Parachnidox
At the risk of sounding like an "I had sex" thread, here's what happened:
Last afternoon, I invite my girlfriend for a movie, and naturally one thing leads to another and we didn't get much movie watching done.

Immediately afterwords I step out for a drink. On the way I happen to glance downstairs, and notice my housemate standing completely still and silently, and holding up a smart phone to the open vent directly under my room. This is taking place in an empty room no one uses.

His back was turned and I don't think he noticed me, but I almost wish he had. I feel violated…should I confront him? Is there any legitimate activity that involves holding up a recording device to a vent like that? I'm stuck with this guy for a year and it's painful to think that any minute his silent form could be underneath…listening.

Yet another betagoon with no idea how to handle human interaction, even when another crosses the line.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:13:08 AM by Eugene Bullard »

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
At the risk of sounding like an "I had sex" thread, here's what happened:
Quote from: Parachnidox
Last afternoon, I invite my girlfriend for a movie, and naturally one thing leads to another and we didn't get much movie watching done.

Immediately afterwords I step out for a drink. On the way I happen to glance downstairs, and notice my housemate standing completely still and silently, and holding up a smart phone to the open vent directly under my room. This is taking place in an empty room no one uses.

His back was turned and I don't think he noticed me, but I almost wish he had. I feel violated…should I confront him? Is there any legitimate activity that involves holding up a recording device to a vent like that? I'm stuck with this guy for a year and it's painful to think that any minute his silent form could be underneath…listening.

Yet another betagoon with no idea how to handle human interaction, even when another crosses the line.

I think this was already posted, or did you move it?

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
GBS RSS

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
ahahahaha updates from OP

Last night I decided the steak is juicier inside the Matrix and made martinis until passing out in an attempt to scrub the memory. It halfway worked.

Ravos posted:
I'm confused; there's no way to see into your room through the vent, right? If so, he was just recording the audio. How loudly do you have sex? Somehow this makes him way more creepy. Who gets turned on by just listening to sex?

And yes, you should confront him.

No, no way to see inside, but you can hear loud noises coming through. Admittedly it was late and we we're being pretty noisy, but not wake the neighbors loud. Somewhere between right outside the door loud and next hotel room over loud.

Cursed Lumberjack posted:
I dunno, the first thing I would assume he was doing would be posting a thread elsewhere on the Internet entitled "listen to my goony roommate make ridiculously stupid sex noises." I mean, I'm sure its possible that the sound of your sweet love-making is so arousing that it just ignites passion inside him, but its not the only option.

This was my first instinct too. He's been really passive aggressive about noise in the past, leaving notes taped everywhere, or finding a way to work it into every conversation. But his room is on the other side of the house, one floor below, so he's not forced to listen. I experimented by turning my laptop to full volume, and you really have to be in the hallway outside my door or in that one specific room to hear anything.

CardiacEnzymes posted:
Does your girlfriend know about this? She has a right to know so she can decide if she wants to stop coming over and risk being secretly taped. Hell if I was her and you were being wishy washy about confronting him I'd do it myself.

Oh God no. As horribly dishonest as it sounds I'm seriously considering not telling her. She's had creep vibes from him ever since they met, and nearly had a heart attack after bumping into him in a dark basement room with only his glasses illuminated by the moonlight. I can both make sure it doesn't happen again and protect her from never being comfortable here again. And I'm almost positive no private conversation can get through, only loud muffled noise. So moans or TV explosions.

lmao, a goon is intimidated into silence by his passive aggressive roommate and won'te ven tell his girlfriend

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
wtf is up with goons and their room mates leaving notes to each other? i mean its the ultimate in non-confrontation and passive aggressiveness but it seems to comes up a lot in E/N threads. even worse is the fuckers who write letters or leave notes to their significant other  :stewart:
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

DougEPhresh

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
I don't know what the fuck.

How can anyone be that passive?