;

Author Topic: The New York Times opinions section is hilarious  (Read 6351 times)

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
Re: The New York Times opinions section is hilarious
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
The New York Police Department started using those 14 years ago to reduce the likelihood of hitting bystanders,

:clint:

What in the Hell is this horse shit?

Esplain...

Hollow point bullets are just bullets with a hollowed out tip.  They don't increase or decrease the likelihood of hitting or missing your target in the least...unless they're saying HP ammo is less likely to overpenetrate (pass completely thru a target and strike something behind it)...

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »
The New York Police Department started using those 14 years ago to reduce the likelihood of hitting bystanders,

:clint:

What in the Hell is this horse shit?

Esplain...

Hollow point bullets are just bullets with a hollowed out tip.  They don't increase or decrease the likelihood of hitting or missing your target in the least...unless they're saying HP ammo is less likely to overpenetrate (pass completely thru a target and strike something behind it)...

You are correct there.  I get you now.  Yes, the key is to be a competent shooter under pressure and not miss your target.  I have a feeling they were pulling the trigger from the moment the gun left there holster, all the way through their arm swinging to the target, and way before they line up a site.

More on these bullets for our libfag friends... They are designed to rapidly decelerate by mushrooming in soft tissue, but they will fragment when striking hard tissue like bone due to the scoring marks that allow them to tear into a blossom.  They are deemed safer due to less pass-throughs, and more humane due to one less hole in the body and less chance of ricochet.  However, the mushrooming also is very effective at transferring the energy of the bullet into the target.  I am sure you all have seen the ballistic gel videos.  That shock wave is more deadly than a pass-through, but due to our 'murican bulk, the wave dissipates before doing massive destruction, but they tear up skinny folk people badly.  I keep fragmentation rounds in my home security weapons because I fear shooting someone outside the wall of the room I am in. 

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards Classicist Arizona TNE Veteran Ave Maria Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper cold, dead hands The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/31/opinion/deportation-nation.html?_r=2&hp

Rage a bit here boys:

To be sure, some deportees have been convicted of serious crimes. But most are guilty of drug offenses, or misdemeanors like petty larceny, simple assault, drunken driving. Lifetime banishment is an inhumane and disproportionately harsh sentence, particularly for nonviolent drug offenses and crimes committed when the offenders were minors.

What vision of law justifies the deportation of those who have grown up, attended school and raised families in the United States? What purpose is served by permanently barring them from returning home, even for family visits?

Is it the day of the rope yet?

:myecred: :clint: :putin:

kosher nostra

• Unperson
  • Awards cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »
“We are not immune to the national problem of gun violence,” Mr. Bloomberg said, adding, “Once again, there’s an awful lot of guns out there.”

Maybe you should hire people who know how to fucking shoot.

bolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
Brown: It's just simple assault, nothing to get upset about

White: HATE CRIME! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE