;

Author Topic: Tired of Life? Can't Think? Consumerism Bumming You out?  (Read 1669 times)

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
Tired of Life? Can't Think? Consumerism Bumming You out?
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
Then leave all your responsibilities behind and walk across the US with no job, food, or money like Hobo Nick!

http://www.gapyear.com/news/184801/real-life-forrest-gump-walks-the-usa

One day Nick Kleckner decided to go for a walk. However, instead of stopping after a few hours he kept on going. 178 days later and he made it across the USA.

Known as "Hobo Nick", the 25-year-old began his epic 4,023km journey without food, water or money.

Along the way he gained a whole lot of facial hair to rival Forrest and went through five pairs of shoes during the trip, which started in Florida and ended in Huntington Beach, California.

With little access to showers, it wasn't long before he began to smell like "donkey turd".

Also, ITT Rocket will commend our young, liberal friend for getting out of the house for some exercise.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
Re: Tired of Life? Can't Think? Consumerism Bumming You out?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
As I read on, it seems that he kept his macbook (assumption), because he kept a blog:

http://worldinstrides.blogspot.co.uk/

Also, no longer do we take vacations or sabbaticals.  We take Gap Years.  Bored of the same routine?  Head on out to the Mongolian Desert to learn how to cook Mongolian Beef.  Stay for the egg rolls.  The sad part is that we all pick up the slack, or the vacancies are filled by those who want to succeed and be prosperous (insert immigrant status here).

http://www.gapyear.com/articles/168422/gap-year-ideas

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:55:15 PM »
Isn't this the guy who wrote a book about his experiences on the road and in it claimed some mystery dude in a truck shot at him or something and the cops found and charged some random asshole with attempted murder because of it?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »
At least he's not playing Xbox and suffering from a Vitamin D deficiency.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist The Gentry cold, dead hands Ave Maria Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
Isn't this the guy who wrote a book about his experiences on the road and in it claimed some mystery dude in a truck shot at him or something and the cops found and charged some random asshole with attempted murder because of it?

Later admitted he made it up if its the same guy.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:18:24 AM »
This is horse shit and he shoulda kept walking into the fucking ocean, asshole.