;

Author Topic: PSA regarding Halloween.  (Read 4806 times)

faggotvonpenisbreath

• Citizen In Good Standing
  • Plexxed
    • Awards
PSA regarding Halloween.
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »
I just wanted to remind you forum users that Halloween is coming up, and hence the potential to be extremely racially offensive.
We are a culture, NOT a costume.

Also, there are NO excuses. http://www.theroot.com/multimedia/9-ways-youre-wrong-about-your-racist-costume

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: PSA regarding Halloween.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Stephanie Troutman, assistant professor of women's and gender studies and African and African-American studies at Berea College in Kentucky, says that when it comes to costumes worn by white kids who want to be black celebs, for example, "You can tell they're not meant to be offensive, and they're not literal racist iconography." Still, she says, the idea that it's necessary -- and OK -- to use the technique indicates that a back-to-square one conversation about the history of the practice is in order. David Leonard is less understanding: "I have a hard time believing that people don’t know the history of and the reaction to blackface," he told The Root. "It's part of a history of demonization, othering, denying humanity and imagining blackness through racist caricatures."

it's not literally racist, but on a metaphorical level, it sure rates up there pretty high.

Anyway I wanted to google david leonard just because I figured he would be black or something since he's very well informed about being offended by whites. nope. first hit that came up: http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4357
A professor at  Washington State University (WSU) has demanded the abolition of prisons, the Electoral College, and implementation of universal healthcare as reparations for America’s “history of racist violence."

Prof. David Leonard of the Pullman campus of WSU recently made these demands in an op-ed published in the Huffington Post.

Professor David Leonard at Washington State University is demanding the abolition of prisons and the electoral college as reparations for America’s “history of racist violence.”
These demands are justified, “given the history of racist violence, evident in slavery, Native American genocide, Jim Crow, forced sterilization, racist immigration laws, the conquest of Southwest and other crimes against humanity, I think reparations are in order,” he wrote.

which is one of the most racist things i've read in a while. how fucking ballsy do you have to be, as a white person, to demand reparations for an entirely ethnic group of which you have no relationship? yes i'm sure that's what the ancestors of slaves want as reparations in return for their forefathers being locked in chains and forced to work in plantations, the abolishment of the electoral college.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »
'But I Love Obama!'

So what if you use a little toasted-almond foundation to more closely portray the president for whom you've been knocking on doors, making phone calls and donating campaign money? If it's done out of love, admiration or respect, it's OK, right? Wrong, says Berea College's Troutman. "In the end, we have to look at the result versus the intention. The intention doesn't erase the fact that there can be a problematic end result or product."

My mind is bottled. So an uber-liberal is telling us that intentions are less important than results?

Where is the exploding head smiley?
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

bolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »
It's "boggled", but then you did always have a pension for the dramatic.

bolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »
Liberals love to dictate terms to everyone else. You're WRONG about your costume. You MUST do this and you MUSTN'T do that, you CAN'T say this, and you CAN'T think that, and you AREN'T ALLOWED to hurt my feelings.

wimpb

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
Stephanie Troutman, assistant professor of women's and gender studies and African and African-American studies at Berea College in Kentucky

Stopped reading there.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist Soldier The Gentry cold, dead hands Ave Maria Fascist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
Is it time to burn these fuckers at the stake yet?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:06 PM »
Hey! You get jokes!

Have you corrected anyone on their rustled jimmies or peppered Angus yet? That's some low hanging fruit for ya.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »
Rustled Angus-style peppered jimmies sounds like a fine Southern dish.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »
The full professor needed an assistant.

And before you get surprised that this is in Kentucky, realize that all those miners are retard unionists.

bolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
 :smug:
Hey! You get jokes!

Have you corrected anyone on their rustled jimmies or peppered Angus yet? That's some low hanging fruit for ya.
:goonsay:

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Anonymous TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
The full professor needed an assistant.

Um, like, that would be implied by the long and esteemed title, duh.

Let me bring you up to speed:

Title Length is directly proportional Assistant Professor Count.

and

Title Length is inversely proportional to common sense.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:55:34 AM by BubbaCat »

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Must be why titles like King, Boss or Chief are pretty short words that say it all.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »
Must be why titles like King, Boss or Chief are pretty short words that say it all.
Like God is shorter that Allah.

USA! USA! USA!

faggotvonpenisbreath

• Plexxed
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
Halloween ain't just ray-cis, it's sexist too..
http://fucknosexisthalloweencostumes.tumblr.com/

As evidenced by these comparisons, because, you know, women don't wear these things on their own accord.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist Soldier The Gentry cold, dead hands Ave Maria Fascist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »
You'd think these idiots would realise that if the Patriarchy was the awesome unbeatable force they've made it to be in their heads, their retarded ass would already be on the first train to  Camp Gas Shower.

faggotvonpenisbreath

• Plexxed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
The patriarchy doesn't want to do away with womyn, they just want to keep them down. Geez  :christina:

Birk

• Unperson
  • Fagmin
  • Awards Generation Identitaire Drinkin' and Postin' For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »
THIS IS WHAT OPPRESSION LOOKS LIKE
                :say:

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:36:16 PM »
Halloween ain't just ray-cis, it's sexist too..
http://fucknosexisthalloweencostumes.tumblr.com/

As evidenced by these comparisons, because, you know, women don't wear these things on their own accord.

And there's literally no way a woman could choose to wear the "mens" costume.
 :christina:

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:00:18 AM »
Like all leftist endeavors, the full circle is made from a break out from a norm to an 'anything goes' back down to an authoritarian diktat worse than what it replaced.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:27:02 AM »
The patriarchy doesn't want to do away with womyn, they just want to keep them down. Geez  :christina:

Uh nice try, but I just checked the minutes from the last Patriarchy Local 2344 meeting and we want to get rid of the women who are unable to accept their place in the kitchen.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »
Walking around at Sea World last weekend with my wife and kids, we say plenty of women walking around dressed like whores with their tits and cunts practically hanging out.  Women of all age groups :mcpuke:

Broads choose to dress this way, not some fucking cabal of mysogynist assholes.

More fucking "save me from my horrible decision making/lack of morals!" bullshit.   

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
other women are a feminist's worst enemy.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
honest women are a feminist's worst enemy.
ftfy
 :goonbeer:

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
I wonder how many of those are actually from the same producer and are actually legitimately listed as the 'male' and 'female' equivalent of the same costume.

I Google-reverse-image-searched the pilgrim costume image and all the links that came up just called the 'misogynist' one a 'sexy pilgrim costume', not 'women's costume'.