;

Author Topic: 2012 Presidential election thread  (Read 17225 times)

wimpb

2012 Presidential election thread
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
We don't have an election thread so I'd thought I'd make one. Post your thoughts and news links on Big Bird, Mexican gun-running, US embassy attacks, the war on women, the war on gays, and so on.

Something that made me lol: (daily caller, so grain of salt, but still lol)
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/26/obama-decries-campaign-spending-during-air-force-one-tv-interview/#ixzz2Ade5Ytt9
I think the amount of money that is being spent in my campaign and Mr. Romney’s campaign and in the super PACs that are out there is ridiculous
:say:
 :obammy:

Obama suggested he would use a second term — when he can’t run again — to impose limits on other politicians’ spending.

“When the Citizens United [201 Supreme Court] decision came out, I took a fairly unusual step of saying this is bad for our democracy in a State of the Union speech,” he declared.

“I continue to believe that,” said Obama, who has raised roughly $1.5 billion over his 16-year political career. In 2008, he declined to limit his spending in exchange for federal campaign funds, and raised enough funds to outspend his 2008 rival, $740 million to $227 million.

However, his 2012 rival, Romney, has raised $472 million for the race.

Since the Citizens United decision, Obama and his allies have raised $1 billion for the 2012 campaign, according to a calculation by Politico.

“If you could fix the electoral college or the fact that we’re going to spend a billion dollars electing a president — and Lord knows what cancer cure that [spending] might have started us the road on — which would you do must urgently if you had unlimited powers?” Williams asked Obama.

“I think that’s an easy choice,” Obama replied. The spending “is bad for our democracy… [and] I continue to believe that.”
:obama:

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
Re: 2012 Presidential election thread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
Just vote Romney cause fuck knows Lord Bongo *wont* fix anything while theres a slim chance Romney will.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper cold, dead hands Soldier Fascist Ave Maria The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:52 PM »
How the fuck is the Electoral College 'broken' beyond the fact that liberals abloo bloo about NYC, Chicago, and LA being unable to decide the presidential election?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:59:49 PM »
Don't forget DC!!
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

accshr

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:25 AM »
obama nigger

wimpb

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »
Channel 2 action news lol

WASHINGTON, D.C. — A Channel 2 Action News investigation found that the State Department is sending millions of dollars to save mosques overseas. This investment has received criticism as the United States makes an effort to slash nearly $4 trillion in government spending.Plenty of outrage following the announcement made Thursday afternoon by a government commission that suggested huge cuts to the budget, including eliminating the interest education for home mortgage. This juxtaposed with the United States investing millions to refurbish mosques as a good-will effort in Muslim countries has upset many taxpayer groups.

“We are spending money we don’t have. This is all on a gigantic credit card right now,” said Jared Thomas, a taxpayer advocate.

Millions more dollars have been sent to places like Cyprus. The State Department displays before and after pictures of mosques refurbished with U.S. tax dollars.

“I think it is very hard to explain to the American taxpayer right now whose having an extraordinary time paying bills and making ends meet that this is why we took this out of your paycheck, so we can fund this,” said Thomas.

The State Department declined a Channel 2 Action News request for an interview. We wanted to ask why are we using tax dollars to refurbish religious buildings overseas. The State Department did send Channel Two Action News an e-mail saying that they are fighting Islamic extremism by building relationships with Islamic leaders.

Egyptian-American human rights activist Nonie Darwish told Channel 2 Action News anchor Justin Farmer that trying to buy respect in the Middle East only shows our weakness.

“This part of the world has a lot of respect for power and America is not showing its power, it’s showing its appeasement. They are laughing all the way to the bank,” said Darwish.

Darwish was born in Egypt and is now a former Muslim. Darwish told Farmer that she moved to America and has written several books critical of radical Islam. Darwish said that most of the mosques in Egypt are run by extremists who have ordered former Muslims like herself to be killed.

“We are rebuilding mosques to support the radicals, not to support the moderates. We are building mosques to issue fatwas of death against people like me,” said Darwish.

Your tax dollars also fund computers and mosques in places like Tajikistan and Mali. At an ancient mud brick mosque in Mali, the State Department has provided Internet service and computer equipment to local imams.

Taxpayer watchdogs wonder how the State Department can explain paying for Internet service while Americans struggle through the worst recession in decades.

“To the average person who has probably seen their paycheck shrink and not grow, this could be an insult to them,” said Pete Sepp, President of the National Taxpayers Association.

With radical websites inciting violence and extremism worldwide, there are concerns that the taxpayer-funded Internet service could be misused.

“That is not the job of the U.S. because giving them Internet access to imams and Muslim preachers who hate America,” said Darwish.

Critics say that it is time to review funding for all federal programs that do not directly benefit taxpayers.

“We are spending money we don’t have and certainly we can cut items like this,” said Thomas.

The Deficit Commission announced it would look at slowing the growth of foreign aid. Channel 2 Action News is not aware if there will be cuts in this particular U.S Aid program.

We're not content with just throwing money at niggers who hate us at home, we have to throw money at mudslimes overseas who hate us too!
 :say:
 :obama:

:facepalm:

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
I don't give two shits about Romney, I just despise Obama. He embodies the cartoon character stereotype of a politician. He makes promises he doesn't keep. When he responds to a question, he doesn't talk about anything -- just vague fluffy statements. His failures to get anything done are blamed on the Republican party, and he takes credit for the success of everyone else.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
What is Action News 2?   :swanson:

wimpb

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
I'm starting to think that's how everyone feels about it. I don't think anyone here (or anyone I know) thinks Romney is particularly good, but Obama is just so awful he would have to be an improvement.

Noble Obama in the rain putting side his election to deal with Hurricane, evil rethuglicans want to slash funding to FEMA.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper cold, dead hands Soldier Fascist Ave Maria The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
Oh man gotta love the inset with how Romney wanted to cut FEMA.

IDK maybe if you fucking got rid of the make work GS 13 positions in the individual Office of Diversity and Civil Rights (THESE ARE REAL THINGS) that exist at every level of government we'd be better off.  We could do with a lot less government instead of being the employer of last resort for every third tier law school lawyer and idiot who majored in Muslim Skateboarding.

Honestly I don't trust Romney to not listen to the kikes who bankrolled his campaign and try to push through YET ANOTHER amnesty and have us go to war for kikery.  Maybe this is just some super deep Mormon masterplan where he says the right things to get elected while knowing what has to get done, but all the Republicans are going to learn from a win here is that being Leftist Lite neocons will get their boys elected.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
I'm starting to think that's how everyone feels about it. I don't think anyone here (or anyone I know) thinks Romney is particularly good, but Obama is just so awful he would have to be an improvement.

Noble Obama in the rain putting side his election to deal with Hurricane, evil rethuglicans want to slash funding to FEMA.

Except Obama has been pretty much doing everything right in the past couple of days with regards to Sandy. Even Drudge and the usual suspects are conspicuously quiet in criticizing his storm response in even the most spurious of ways, which suggests to me they can't find fault with him. Chris Christie fellated him on air:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/30/christie-praises-obama-doesnt-give-a-damn-about-romney-photo-op/

In an interview on NBC, Christie called Obama “outstanding” for expediting relief efforts. He also told MSNBC that Obama “deserves great credit.”

“He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything,” Christie said.

The New Jersey governor even took his message to Fox News, saying that Obama had helped “tremendously.”

“I spoke to the president three times yesterday,” he explained. “He called me for the last time at midnight last night asking what he could do. I said, if you can expedite designating New Jersey as a major disaster area that that would help us to get federal money and resources in here as quickly as possible to help clean up the damage here.”

“The president was great last night,” Christie continued. “He said he would get it done. At 2 a.m., I got a call from FEMA to answer a couple of final questions and then he signed the declaration this morning. So I have to give the president great credit. He’s been on the phone with me three times in the last 24 hours. He’s been very attentive, and anything that I’ve asked for, he’s gotten to me. So, I thank the president publicly for that. He’s done — as far as I’m concerned — a great job for New Jersey.”

This pretty much cements Christie as being a Republican I'd definitely vote for in 2016 along with my previous mancrush, John Huntsman. Christie doesn't give a shit if you're Republican or Democrat, if you fuck up he'll yell at you, he might disagree with you on some issues, but if you do right he'll give you props. He's probably the most real talking guy out there. He's got views on school privatization I don't agree with and I'm not thrilled with his ties to the Koch Brothers, but at this point I'll say I believe him when he says something.

That's not true at all for Romney. Can't trust him. Take the FEMA shit. OSI, you're dead on about there being waste in government, but Romney isn't talking about eliminating wasteful positions in FEMA...he's talking about eliminating FEMA. Full stop. Because he believes a bunch of states or even private companies could handle nationwide disaster recovery better. Sure, let Walmart and Nationwide handle it. It'll all work out.
 :rand:

Meanwhile Christie will take those Federal disaster dollars without a drop of guilt, because he's practical and cares about his state. Fox even tried to bait him by asking a pointed question about how other states were helping him (to push the meme that all powers should return to the states), and Christie was all "yeah, this state and that state helped and are awesome. And so is the President, and he helped me get Federal disaster money real quick and fuck you if you want to call me on that." :smug:

That's why I dig him. Christie is for a lot of state powers and privitization, some of which I agree with and some I don't, but he as the God given sense to know that there are some things the Feds can actually do better. I legitimately believe Christie, if given the chance would eliminate a lot of wasteful government. Not because he was advancing some Libertarian ideological agenda, but because it's the right thing to do.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »
I have zero fucking problem sending FEMA back to the states and letting the chips fall where they may.

wimpb

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:41 AM »
That's not true at all for Romney. Can't trust him. Take the FEMA shit. OSI, you're dead on about there being waste in government, but Romney isn't talking about eliminating wasteful positions in FEMA...he's talking about eliminating FEMA. Full stop. Because he believes a bunch of states or even private companies could handle nationwide disaster recovery better. Sure, let Walmart and Nationwide handle it. It'll all work out.
 :rand:
Other than a bunch of liberal news aggregate sites I can't actually find anything that confirms Romney said he'd abolish FEMA. He did say something along the lines that Federal disaster relief is a moral hazard though - which it is (whether you think it should be done or not, pretty much any government distribution of funds could be considered a moral hazard).

Incidentally, I found out today that Mormons run a whole bunch of canneries all over the US where they sell cheap bulk canned grains/vegetables/etc for survival and stockpile purposes. I'll hand it to the Mormons for trying to be practical like that.

edit: from the LDS site: https://www.lds.org/topics/food-storage/longer-term-food-supply?lang=eng#1
Maybe Mormons are getting ready for the niggerpocalypse too
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:40:07 AM by wimpb »

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »
Their religion says they have to prep for a year. A lot of survivalists buy product from LDS.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:38 AM »
I believe the niggerpocalypse (literally) was part of their beliefs until they decided to go all PC during the civil rights at gunpoint era and start allowing nigs into the upper ranks. 

Mormons were insane and ready to fight at a moment's notice back in the day.  There's a few histories of them tangling with settlers, federal troops, and outright slaughtering anyone who wasn't in a position to fight back.  I guess its not a surprise why they're still around and a lot of the other sects that popped up in that time are relegated to quaint historical entries.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 10:14:37 AM »
Quote from: wimpb
Other than a bunch of liberal news aggregate sites I can't actually find anything that confirms Romney said he'd abolish FEMA.

:rock:  You ain't lookin' very hard, son.

From the transcript of the CNN Republican Debate in June 2011:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/13/se.02.html

KING: What else, Governor Romney? You've been a chief executive of a state. I was just in Joplin, Missouri. I've been in Mississippi and Louisiana and Tennessee and other communities dealing with whether it's the tornadoes, the flooding, and worse. FEMA is about to run out of money, and there are some people who say do it on a case-by-case basis and some people who say, you know, maybe we're learning a lesson here that the states should take on more of this role. How do you deal with something like that?

ROMNEY: Absolutely. Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.

Of course, it's been more than 20 minutes since he said that...he's probably changed positions on that about 40 times  :stewart:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/hurricane-sandy-highlights-how-obama-and-romney-respond-to-disasters/2012/10/29/85ae66a2-21db-11e2-ac85-e669876c6a24_story.html

“Governor Romney believes that states should be in charge of emergency management in responding to storms and other natural disasters in their jurisdictions,” said campaign spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg. “As the first responders, states are in the best position to aid affected individuals and communities and to direct resources and assistance to where they are needed most. This includes help from the federal government and FEMA.”

Ahhh there it is  :allears:

(protip: This is how the system works right now today)

Edit: Maybe he can pass a law requiring everyone to buy disaster insuraAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:27:58 AM by Procrustes »

wimpb

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
I read his first statement and I assumed he meant a reduction in funding.

I'm with OSI on this, it should be abolished, but that's more of a Congress thing anyway.

accshr

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
fuck FEMA fuck Obama fuck fat fuck Christie

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »
I have zero fucking problem sending FEMA back to the states and letting the chips fall where they may.

And in a world where each disaster that happens to America is localized a single state at a time and there is zero need for coordination, then that system will work perfect.  :allears:

wimpb

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
How did we ever get by before 1978? Who told people to buy duct tape and use Facebook back then?

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »

And in a world where each disaster that happens to America is localized a single state at a time and there is zero need for coordination, then that system will work perfect.  :allears:

Any level of self sufficiency is pretty terrifying, right kid?  :johnwayne:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »

By saying that I know that you have never been trained in emergency response. It is scaleable. It's all the same. The jobs are done by human beings. There isn't a magic genie that lives in Federal Fairyland who mends broken hearts. So an emergency response worker can help you whether he is wearing a blue jacket, or yellow or green or whatever.

You are a liberal living on Planet Playskool and clasping to the teat of the government.

This is my 420th post. Where is the marijuana science smilie?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:19:55 AM by Rocket »

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 10:18:02 AM »
I read his first statement and I assumed he meant a reduction in funding.

:rock:

Quote from: Mitt Romney
And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.

:facepalm:

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »

By saying that I know that you have never been trained in emergency response. It is scaleable. It's all the same. The jobs are done by human beings. There isn't a magic genie that lives in Federal Fairyland who mends broken hearts. So an emergency response worker can help you whether he is wearing a blue jacket, or yellow or green or whatever.

You are a liberal living on Planet Playskool and clasping to the teat of the government.

This is my 420th post. Where is the marijuana science smilie?

yeah guy why can't you understand that all humans are interchanble and every disaster is highly localized and if it's not then it's all the same anyway that's why we need 50 separate standards and preparedness levels and there's no need for standards or coordination between states DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH JERK

also money from STATES doesn't come from a TEAT, only FEDERAL FIAT DOLLARS ARE TEAT MONEY DUHHHH TIMES TWO

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
Welp alls I knows is each state here has it's own fire brigade and when a particular crisis that a single state can't handle comes along the commanders use this thing called a phone and ask other state commanders for assistance and they do this thing called liaising but that sounds complicated, we should have a federal fire brigade command that spends 99% of it's time doing nothing so on the 1% of the time it actually has to do something it can spring into inaction.