;

Author Topic: D&D Funny Quotes Thread  (Read 950692 times)

Michael Obama's Miscarriage

• Cishet White Male
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic Anonymous
    • Awards
Re: D&D Funny Quotes Thread
« Reply #6600 on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:28 PM »
+3
League was by far the highest paying one for a while. My overall issue with it was that forfeits really brought along the wrong kind of crowd. The developers would also instantly patch anything that seemed to go against the game.

you can tell which one is the better competitive game from how much each one gets changed with every patch. dota's been sorted out and getting minor tweaks for over a decade, league gets radical changes regularly last i checked on it. pretty sure they reason they do that is to promote skin sales by shifting around game balance all the time. i've heard people claim its to stop the game from getting stagnant but in my experience in the early days of league there was only 1 or 2 viable laning setups, everyone played the same kinds of teams, and dota strategies like 1 minute mid tower were still getting 0 day patched.
nah im a
white wow

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #6601 on: September 06, 2018, 03:52:55 AM »
+2
League was by far the highest paying one for a while. My overall issue with it was that forfeits really brought along the wrong kind of crowd. The developers would also instantly patch anything that seemed to go against the game.

you can tell which one is the better competitive game from how much each one gets changed with every patch. dota's been sorted out and getting minor tweaks for over a decade, league gets radical changes regularly last i checked on it. pretty sure they reason they do that is to promote skin sales by shifting around game balance all the time. i've heard people claim its to stop the game from getting stagnant but in my experience in the early days of league there was only 1 or 2 viable laning setups, everyone played the same kinds of teams, and dota strategies like 1 minute mid tower were still getting 0 day patched.

This is a stark difference between CS:GO and Overwatch as well. CS:GO doesn't get frequent updates, which is good because sometimes Valve manages hilarious fuckups with their weapon balance. In general only minor tweaks are introduced, the game seems pretty mature and balanced. Overwatch on the other hand get frequent major updates and balance shifts, which kind of annoying if you only play the game 1-2x a year on a lanparty and don't otherwise keep up with the game.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #6602 on: September 06, 2018, 07:53:08 AM »
+1
You don't have to keep up with Overtwatch, it's the same shit/different characters. The hamster is really annoying though and I have no clue why they decided it would be a good idea to make it a tank. I guess I get the concept of it being a fast tank that can get there before the rest of the team, but It's basically a bullet sponge who sucks up all the heals and then fucks off leaving the healer to die.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #6603 on: September 07, 2018, 08:57:20 AM »
+2
The hamster exists because he's fun as fuck to play even though he's not very effective. Kinda like One-Punch Nigger in that regard, except he doesn't die to a stiff breeze.

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #6604 on: September 09, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »
+6
Every time I play Overwatch it just get a renewed sense of nostalgia for Team Fortress 2.

All the characters are bland, safe and boring.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWd7qUGMaoM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWd7qUGMaoM</a>

A spy domination line against demoman, a one-eyed perpetually drunk black Scotman:

Here's what I have that you don't: a functioning liver, depth perception and a pulse!

Don't expect this type of humour in Overwatch.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting White Chick You can't know! Fuck you, dad! United Statesian 420
    • Awards
« Reply #6605 on: September 09, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »
+2
I've never played overwatch,does it compare at all to tf2? I love tf2,don't play it much except around halloween anymore.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #6606 on: September 09, 2018, 09:38:35 PM »
+4
I've never played overwatch,does it compare at all to tf2? I love tf2,don't play it much except around halloween anymore.

It is magnitudes better than TF2, but also much, much gayer.

kornbeef

• Unperson
  • Awards Metal Fan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Boy Scout Sasstronaut TNE Veteran The Gentry cold, dead hands old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #6607 on: September 09, 2018, 10:18:37 PM »
+6
what he's saying is you'll love it

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #6608 on: September 10, 2018, 01:29:51 AM »
+7

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #6609 on: September 10, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »
+2
Way better than TF2, not as good at TFC, but yea, also gayer.

The characters and gimmicks are really fun though.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards cold, dead hands United Statesian Italian Better dead than red Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6610 on: September 10, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »
+6
Overwatch is a game made explicitly for esports and kids who don't know any better. It's a terrible, terrible game.

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #6611 on: September 10, 2018, 06:50:36 PM »
That's like saying Tee-Ball is a game made explicitly for pro-sports and kids who don't know any better.

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #6612 on: September 10, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »
+11
Ah, yes, the D&D quote thread, where we talk about vidya  :facepalm:

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards cold, dead hands United Statesian Italian Better dead than red Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6613 on: September 10, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »
+2
That's like saying Tee-Ball is a game made explicitly for pro-sports and kids who don't know any better.

Exactly. Overwatch is tee-ball.

Nasekuchen

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Deplorables For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! old The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #6614 on: September 11, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »
+7
Ah, yes, the D&D quote thread, where we talk about vidya  :facepalm:

Having just quickly browsed D&D for mineable quotes, talking vidya is both more entertaining and smarter than the current banter in that cesspool.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Anonymous Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #6615 on: September 11, 2018, 01:04:56 AM »
+1
I only play Overwatch once every season it seems with my friend online, we play for an hour or two and then both forget about the game until 3 months later.

I'm actually legit curious to know who's better at multiplayer games, epecially FPS's : Gen X who grew up with Nintedo hard 8-bit games and their younger millennial cohorts who grew up playing PC FPS's or today's current kids who are playing bullshit tablet games.

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Thanks Maureen. I've been dealing with that pedantic argument of not being able to spell makes me an idiot since grade school. I'm autistic with a 130+ iq who writes a graphic novel about sex abuse and with an obsession about pshycology to the point I'm more informed than my therapists about current news.

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #6616 on: September 11, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »
+4
I only play Overwatch once every season it seems with my friend online, we play for an hour or two and then both forget about the game until 3 months later.

I'm actually legit curious to know who's better at multiplayer games, epecially FPS's : Gen X who grew up with Nintedo hard 8-bit games and their younger millennial cohorts who grew up playing PC FPS's or today's current kids who are playing bullshit tablet games.

I follow competitive CS:GO and there most of the players seem to be in the age group 20-25. There are a few old legends playing that are reaching or are already over 30, but generally people tend to not have that long careers. There are surprisingly few true great talents among younger guys (16-19), maybe one or two truly great in a year. Sometimes not even that.

- Jordin Kare

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #6617 on: September 11, 2018, 07:41:19 AM »
It generally goes:
Teens and 20s
30s
Kids (<15)
Boomers

That said, Boomers have a very long learning curve, but they'll gradually get better if you force them.  Kids who suck will always suck because they're mentally and physically incapable of improving at that age.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #6618 on: September 11, 2018, 09:06:51 AM »

Exactly. Overwatch is tee-ball.

Pretty much. I'm not that good at videogames and I get to clickety clack away at Overwatch, rack up an average of 7k heals per match, earn gold medals, be appreciated by my teammates. The bell goes ding at the end of the match, I get my slice of cheese and I'm happy.

I feel like an eleague caliber gamer, even though I'm terrible at TF2/CS and FIFA.

It's simple. I get it. I'm good at it and I didn't have to shit my pants playing night and day to get to the level I'm at. My kid likes it and the teamwork aspect is more fun than the lone soldier tendencies of TF2 players.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #6619 on: September 11, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
+1
How many of you faggots attend Fortnite dance classes?

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #6620 on: September 11, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »
+8
Videogames elitism is the realm of underdeveloped minds and despair at holding no actual accomplishment or satisfaction with life.

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #6621 on: September 11, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »
+2
It's simple. I get it. I'm good at it and I didn't have to shit my pants playing night and day to get to the level I'm at. My kid likes it and the teamwork aspect is more fun than the lone soldier tendencies of TF2 players.

Roaming soldier in TF2 is pretty fun if you have mastered rocketjumping in the game. There's no fancy jetpacks to help you fly like Pharah has in Overwatch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIfpRP-56Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIfpRP-56Q</a>

- Jordin Kare

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #6622 on: September 11, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
+13
Vidya is for children

PS save your faggoty vidya chat for one of the dedicated faggoty vidya threads

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #6623 on: September 11, 2018, 08:04:44 PM »
+8
Strong recommend to read the Venezuela D&D thread. Actual Venezuelans are extremely angry at Maduro and Chavez. D&D tankies keep wandering in to proclaim everything a capitalist conspiracy and getting smacked down.

kornbeef

• Unperson
  • Awards Metal Fan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Boy Scout Sasstronaut TNE Veteran The Gentry cold, dead hands old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #6624 on: September 11, 2018, 10:23:53 PM »
+9
hey guys i strongly recommend you go read a thread on a separate site which i'm not going to link or quote