;

Author Topic: The Feminism Thread  (Read 1255677 times)

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: The Feminism Thread
« Reply #8325 on: March 10, 2018, 06:15:16 PM »
+7
1-those are all dudes

2-what kind of off brand photographer took those pix I mean sheeeeiiiiiit they’re all so bad
They're video screencaps
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osfAYHPYsg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osfAYHPYsg</a>

Notice none of them mention the love of gameplay and rule systems, they all mention story telling.  :clint:

Games are not movies you fucking chucklemonkies

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #8326 on: March 10, 2018, 06:16:43 PM »
+5
Anthem is going to be another shitty, 'games as service' bullshit loot crate, dlc, microtransaction grindfest like Destiny.
It will burn. Hard.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #8327 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:41 PM »
+6
Anthem is going to be another shitty, 'games as service' bullshit loot crate, dlc, microtransaction grindfest like Destiny.
It will burn. Hard.
With it's main focus being the 'story".

Hey how about level design, making good environments, making stages that people want to explore? No not one you mother fuckers?

There's a reason why Blood Gulch and Block Fort are some of the most remembered multiplayer maps from games.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #8328 on: March 10, 2018, 06:20:55 PM »
+3
1-those are all dudes

2-what kind of off brand photographer took those pix I mean sheeeeiiiiiit they’re all so bad
They're video screencaps
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osfAYHPYsg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osfAYHPYsg</a>

Notice none of them mention the love of gameplay and rule systems, they all mention story telling.  :clint:

Games are not movies you fucking chucklemonkies

You’re momma a screen cap, niglet atop.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #8329 on: March 10, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »
+9
They're making gaming history by having women make a game that's bigger than world of warcraft, minecraft, and PUBG combined.
That's always good for a laugh. Every MMO that was advertised as THE WOW KILLER has gone free-to-play in a month.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #8330 on: March 10, 2018, 10:43:46 PM »
+11
When devs talk about PURE STORYTELLING as the power of the medium what they mean is that they're third rate fan fiction writers who can't do environment and level design. I might believe in the strength of their story telling if they were the Amnesia/Soma team who... do their work through environment and level design, mostly. These bitches want you to believe that your boilerplate Nu-Bioware conversation wheels and infallible hand-held romances will have you on the edge of your seat, two people talking in a generally agreeable tone without any real motivations or flaws. What's gameplay?

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Doxxnet
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands Boy Scout You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #8331 on: March 11, 2018, 06:52:02 AM »
+7
A baseball player with no ability to run a company made a better single player MMO than these guys will manage.

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' 420 Deutscher
    • Awards
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #8334 on: March 11, 2018, 02:55:55 PM »
+12
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #8335 on: March 11, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »
+2
A B-List action movie actor started a studio and made a better game.

Vin Diesel is a legit turbo nerd D&D player. It's kinda neat in a way.
Supposedly he wants to direct the upcoming D&D movie and has put out multiple bids with plans on how the movie would play out including some early storyboards for the first act and a list of characters and what classes they would be.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #8336 on: March 11, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »
+2

Supposedly he wants to direct the upcoming D&D movie and has put out multiple bids with plans on how the movie would play out including some early storyboards for the first act and a list of characters and what classes they would be.
As long as it doesn't have any fucking Wayans brothers.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8337 on: March 11, 2018, 08:35:02 PM »
+3
A baseball player with no ability to run a company made a better single player MMO than these guys will manage.
Kingdoms of Amalur?

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Doxxnet
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands Boy Scout You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #8338 on: March 11, 2018, 09:45:38 PM »
Kingdoms of Amalur?

Yeah, it owned so hard but went out with a whimper.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #8339 on: March 12, 2018, 08:12:39 AM »
+2
My reaction to Anthem's teaser trailer: "WOW! That looks incredible! So cool! Guess I'll have to wait and see if it actually happens or not." -Gaming in 2018

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #8340 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »
+6
When devs talk about PURE STORYTELLING as the power of the medium what they mean is that they're third rate fan fiction writers who can't do environment and level design. I might believe in the strength of their story telling if they were the Amnesia/Soma team who... do their work through environment and level design, mostly. These bitches want you to believe that your boilerplate Nu-Bioware conversation wheels and infallible hand-held romances will have you on the edge of your seat, two people talking in a generally agreeable tone without any real motivations or flaws. What's gameplay?

I have never played a game that had a plot that rises above the level of a decent popcorn sci-fi/action movie. I don't think the human brain is capable of juggling the variables required to offer people the level of interactivity they expect in a videogame and to create an intricate plot in line with a well-written novel that takes every potential player action into account. On top of that, a movie is an experience that lasts a couple of hours tops, but it is an experience that costs $15 in a theatre or basically nothing once it hits a service like Netflix. AAA games cost $70-80, so if they're over in a couple of hours it's a rip off. Because of the need to let the player drive the story combined with the need to provide an experience long enough to justify the cost, you end up with a story with no three act structure and instead of a plot driven by cause and effect, you end up with this convoluted plot driven by a series of "And then this happens!" If videogames are art, the art in making them is in the way the developer creates an experience for the player to interact with as opposed to crafting this long drawn-out story.

But that's coming from someone in their mid-30s who has played through maybe one game a year tops for the last 15 years. I don't eat, sleep and shit videogames like some people in this thread.

I guarantee you if someone who considers themself a writer is working on video games, they got rejected by a bunch of communities starting with the literary community at the top, right down to the self-publishing sci-fi community on Amazon, until they crash-landed in videogames. If you were a good enough writer to make a living without filtering your story through the lens of a bunch of other people like designers and programmers and marketers, why wouldn't you do it? Why would you want to compromise your art like that?

I always think about how people who defend a game like Depression Quest talk about how good the storytelling is. Dude, it reads like a project written by a second-year creative writing university student. It's not some amazing piece of storytelling by any measure.  The bar is just so low in the videogame world that adequate storytelling is passing for good storytelling, and that's why you get this influx of second rate writers trying to break into videogames. Writing good stories that appeal to people is hard as fuck.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:29:02 AM by Got Milk? »

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #8341 on: March 12, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
+7
I have never played a game that had a plot that rises above the level of a decent popcorn sci-fi/action movie.

You're talking about people who relate everything to Harry Potter and Star Wars.  That is good writing to them.

My favorite games from a story perspective are those that have persistent fail states, like Star Command 2 and Final Fantasy X-2. 

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #8342 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:07 AM »
+2
I have never played a game that had a plot that rises above the level of a decent popcorn sci-fi/action movie.

You're talking about people who relate everything to Harry Potter and Star Wars.  That is good writing to them.

My favorite games from a story perspective are those that have persistent fail states, like Star Command 2 and Final Fantasy X-2.

I fucking love Star Control 2.

OOK OOK SCREE (D-IL)

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #8343 on: March 12, 2018, 07:51:08 PM »
+1

And it's still going to be gay as fuck and watching it is going to strictly be worse than watching Knights of Badassdom again.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' Better dead than red old
    • Awards
« Reply #8344 on: March 14, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
+11
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDh01PhKf_k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDh01PhKf_k</a>

Kind of harsh words but hard to argue against them.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
« Reply #8345 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »
+14
It’s not that harsh.  Time and time again we see women vote based on their tingles or what absolves them of responsibility.  Only a sucker still thinks there aren’t differences in the two genders.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8346 on: March 14, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
+12
Elizabeth Holmes, feminist icon and former programmer who single handedly revolutionized blood testing, is finally being charged by the SEC for making it all up.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sec-charges-theranos-ceo-elizabeth-163300564.html

She was part of the trio of strong women a few years ago who included Marissa Mayer, oversaw yahoo when like half the worlds email information was stolen, to be fair it is yahoo, and Sheryl Sandberg who managed to get into Google at the ground floor and has fallen out of the spotlight while being at facebook.

Edit: $500k fine, and not allowed to be on the board of a public company. Not too bad for defrauding investors of hundreds of millions.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:40:38 PM by unprivsplain »

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Generation Identitaire Deplorables Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' old Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red The Gentry Scrooge Texan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #8347 on: March 14, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »
+11
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/03/12/peak-resting-bitch-face/amp/

This is the ideal cat lady. You may not like it, but this is what Peak Resting Bitch Face looks like.

:tom:

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards KURWA TNE Veteran Soldier Wounded in the line of posting. For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Texan The Gentry cold, dead hands Rethuglikkkan
    • Awards
« Reply #8348 on: March 14, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »
+11
Years ago about 2004 ish, Elizabeth Holmes was making the rounds in upstart/entrepreneur magazines, she even did a kind of maxim-ish photo shoot that was like :smug:  Not bad for a high iq nerd girl. Seems like she got fucked during the process of selling her sou,l as her body now looks like a bloated husk for the dammed soul of steve jobs. She's probably going to get the Martha Stewart suite in the Fed White Collar hotel now and she knows it.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8349 on: March 14, 2018, 07:04:26 PM »
+12
Theranos or Holmes shouldn't have even been able to move past square one but the media couldn't stop creaming themselves over a young woman who dressed like Steve Jobs claiming to revolutionize yet another pale, stale, and male industry.