;

Author Topic: The Feminism Thread  (Read 1059183 times)

David Hoggs Secret Meme Lab

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
Re: The Feminism Thread
« Reply #8350 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:03 PM »
+13
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/03/12/peak-resting-bitch-face/amp/

This is the ideal cat lady. You may not like it, but this is what Peak Resting Bitch Face looks like.

:tom:

It's weird but feminists always whine about "wage gaps", "rape culture" and "women in the workplace" and other consumer bullshit but never over the area where women really suffer: being over 35, irrelevant, infertile and alone.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8351 on: March 14, 2018, 10:08:31 PM »
+21
On one hand, it's sad that millions of women are deciding to be barren catladies who are genetic dead ends who will be that tryhard, cringey "cool" aunt who is down with what her nieces and nephews are into.  They can even talk about Harry Potter together!  Totally not creepy and sad at all!

On the other hand, all the feminists are taking themselves out of the gene pool which means this failure of an ideology can be forgotten in a couple of decades.  Kind of like how the Shakers ended up.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #8352 on: March 15, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
+12
Just wanted to add, listening to Beyoncé is a red flag.
His name was Harry Anderson

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #8353 on: March 16, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
+9

Future bridge engineer.jpg

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8354 on: March 16, 2018, 07:25:38 PM »
+20
So /pol tracked down the people who were building that bridge that collapsed since it was basically half installed.

https://news.fiu.edu/2018/03/community-gathers-to-watch-950-ton-bridge-move-across-southwest-8th-street/120395

Leonor Flores ’98 is a project executive and one of 63 FIU alumni who work for MCM, the construction firm building the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge, which will further connect FIU and its northerly neighbor, the City of Sweetwater. She was excited to share her work with her family, especially Michelle, who is interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) in school.

They put this note at the top of the article today, 2 days after the article.

UPDATE, March 16, 2018, 11 a.m.: To clarify, Leonor Flores did not work on the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge project in any capacity.

Mad at the Internet

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian TNE Veteran For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #8355 on: March 16, 2018, 07:41:26 PM »
+5
So /pol tracked down the people who were building that bridge that collapsed since it was basically half installed.

Lol, /pol strikes again.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #8356 on: March 16, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
+10

https://news.fiu.edu/2018/03/community-gathers-to-watch-950-ton-bridge-move-across-southwest-8th-street/120395

Leonor Flores ’98 is a project executive and one of 63 FIU alumni who work for MCM, the construction firm building the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge, which will further connect FIU and its northerly neighbor, the City of Sweetwater. She was excited to share her work with her family, especially Michelle, who is interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) in school.

They put this note at the top of the article today, 2 days after the article.

UPDATE, March 16, 2018, 11 a.m.: To clarify, Leonor Flores did not work on the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge project in any capacity.
Remember when they said we should have been building bridges and not walls?

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8357 on: March 16, 2018, 10:51:14 PM »
+26

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian old Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry Deplorables Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #8358 on: March 17, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
+5
As soon as I heard about this my thoughts turned to the whoever designed it and the likelihood that they would have some sort of "diversity" program that they are proud of.

Edit:  I went to their website and I didn't see anything like that.  Nevertheless, there is better than a 50/50 chance that "diversity" was an underlying factor in the incompetence that led to this accident.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:54:54 AM by Handyman »

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8359 on: March 17, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
+7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOUTGO6l0k&t=75s

It's gay as fuck that you can't start it where it gets good on the embed feature here but it's 1:15 in

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOUTGO6l0k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOUTGO6l0k</a>

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #8360 on: March 18, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »
+6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOUTGO6l0k&t=75s

It's gay as fuck that you can't start it where it gets good on the embed feature here but it's 1:15 in

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOUTGO6l0k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCOUTGO6l0k</a>

Pussy pass revoked!
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #8361 on: March 21, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
+7
I came from an infrastructure job which was managed and supervised by women. I always did poorly on performance reviews because I didn't like having the whole department have free reign in my server rooms and refused to work with anyone when I'd hoist USPs or rack a new drive bay. The helpdesk guys just laughed and made IT Nazi jokes (category 3rd reich) since having ~that~ infra co-worker who is autistic as fuck about cable management and server room cleanliness is as common in the industry as sand at the beach. Mind you, my standards are just to maintain decent cable management, color coordination and cleanliness as opposed to people in the past who enforced a sign in/sign out sheet and would pull cables that were half a foot too long. The women however, always took it personally. "Ugh, he just doesn't trust us!"

The way it worked was when I started, all the equipment was old as shit. Every closet was a blazing hot rat's nest of wires and trash. I spent weeks gutting everything and starting from scratch. I refused to let anyone, let alone a woman help me hoist UPSs, switches, drive bays, etc. They're heavy as fuck, but it was quicker to just hoist them up on my shoulder, instead of using a crane.

Long story short, once the women started tinkering around in there, cables started getting pulled without approval, things started getting stored in there and the highlight... One night, I get a bunch of heatsync alerts on my phone, so I have to rush to the office at 1am to see why it's north of 100 degrees in one of the closets. The air conditioner is off. Whatever, fuck it... Could have been worse. I turn it back on, go home, come back the next day, log the overtime and 2 weeks later, my supervisor wants me to justify the overtime. I tell her the story. Lo in behold, she turned the AC  off, because it was too cold in there.

TLDR: The female IT supervisor couldn't figure out how to adjust the temperature on an air conditioner, so she turned it off, completely. And not some crazy, state of the art, high-energy server room climate control unit that's linked up to an HVAC mainframe. Just a regular, $300 Daikin wall mount with a remote control, you'd find in someone's home.
Reminds me of the feminist claim that men are trying to freeze women out of the office. If all it takes is an AC to hold women back then they should just get comfortable in the kitchen instead.

Meanwhile the men just left the AC at the setting that resulted in highest office efficiency. They never made the correlation to the women being gone.

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Rethuglikkkan Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist Texan The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #8362 on: March 21, 2018, 12:20:58 PM »
+11
I came from an infrastructure job which was managed and supervised by women. I always did poorly on performance reviews because I didn't like having the whole department have free reign in my server rooms and refused to work with anyone when I'd hoist USPs or rack a new drive bay. The helpdesk guys just laughed and made IT Nazi jokes (category 3rd reich) since having ~that~ infra co-worker who is autistic as fuck about cable management and server room cleanliness is as common in the industry as sand at the beach. Mind you, my standards are just to maintain decent cable management, color coordination and cleanliness as opposed to people in the past who enforced a sign in/sign out sheet and would pull cables that were half a foot too long. The women however, always took it personally. "Ugh, he just doesn't trust us!"

The way it worked was when I started, all the equipment was old as shit. Every closet was a blazing hot rat's nest of wires and trash. I spent weeks gutting everything and starting from scratch. I refused to let anyone, let alone a woman help me hoist UPSs, switches, drive bays, etc. They're heavy as fuck, but it was quicker to just hoist them up on my shoulder, instead of using a crane.

Long story short, once the women started tinkering around in there, cables started getting pulled without approval, things started getting stored in there and the highlight... One night, I get a bunch of heatsync alerts on my phone, so I have to rush to the office at 1am to see why it's north of 100 degrees in one of the closets. The air conditioner is off. Whatever, fuck it... Could have been worse. I turn it back on, go home, come back the next day, log the overtime and 2 weeks later, my supervisor wants me to justify the overtime. I tell her the story. Lo in behold, she turned the AC  off, because it was too cold in there.

TLDR: The female IT supervisor couldn't figure out how to adjust the temperature on an air conditioner, so she turned it off, completely. And not some crazy, state of the art, high-energy server room climate control unit that's linked up to an HVAC mainframe. Just a regular, $300 Daikin wall mount with a remote control, you'd find in someone's home.
Reminds me of the feminist claim that men are trying to freeze women out of the office. If all it takes is an AC to hold women back then they should just get comfortable in the kitchen instead.

Meanwhile the men just left the AC at the setting that resulted in highest office efficiency. They never made the correlation to the women being gone.

Taking apart a Grrl/fag/soyboy power IT infrastructure and bringing the department back to order and balance is an incredible challenge that is almost nigh impossible in some organizations, especially when HR is in control of the hiring/firing decisions. Usually when companies get to that point they are doomed or getting ready do be bought out or liquidated. The engineering firm we've been contracted to rework and re-align has some common sense in the governing board, thankfully. First, you have to recognize that you have a problem and have the guts and willingness to overcome the fear of backlash through all the avenues of power these libs are able to wield using social media. Then you need a solid plan and air-tight justification to get it done, and third you need to put your head down and execute.

We're initially swinging to an outsourced/MSP model. During this process a lot of older architecture will be upgraded or shifted away from by virtue of outsourcing. The organization will then go in and clean house and break up the nepotisim, because any lay-off will be justifiable. We will then shift back to a hybrid private cloud/MSP model, keeping us in the loop for services and staffing. This way you have 2 sources for governance, keeping the HR department out of sole authority (which was the problem to begin with) and staffing with people who are good at what they do vs satisfying some feminist/liberal's idea of utopia.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #8363 on: March 21, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
+8
HR should exist only to process employee paperwork. And at the least require a degree in law or business law. HR has no business conducting interviews  :colbert:
His name was Harry Anderson

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #8364 on: March 21, 2018, 01:52:54 PM »
+10
HR should exist only to process employee paperwork. And at the least require a degree in law or business law. HR has no business conducting interviews  :colbert:

HR started out as a logical extension of secretaries. It was useful to be able to give them a list of supplies you needed including new hires and have it promptly delivered to your desk. Due to Dilbert princaple all the useless people stick around and climb the ranks. One day the secretary in charge of getting coffee has been around so long she is choosing the supplies you need and telling you how to work with them.

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Rethuglikkkan Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist Texan The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #8365 on: March 21, 2018, 02:34:48 PM »
+18
I don't mean to sound like a bit of a nut with politicization, but everything seems to be absolutely polarized these days on it like an axis. I wonder if its me getting older or it's just how it is.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #8366 on: March 21, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
+7
To be fair, the place I had mentioned was a public, non-profit in Cambridge, Mass.

The place I left them for is a private equity firm in a financial district skyscraper.

In Massachusetts, polarization in the workplace boils down to 3 options...

1) Loud and proud liberal.
2) Genuine moderate.
3) Shitlord who keeps their mouth shut and claims to be a moderate.

But yea, over there, the HR department was a 6 woman team with a receptionist, on the top floor, running the show. Here, she's a nice lady who does payroll, new hire paperwork/1099s, timecards, benefits and "Here's the URL to your yearly sexual harassment training, just mash the next button and send me a copy of the certificate of completion." It seems as though her objective is to find a perfect balance between least amount of employee effort and time waste to highest amount of nonsensical "desirable workplace" certifications.

It's a great cycle of us knowing full well what the deal is and in exchange we do our thing and 5555555555555555555555555555555555555555 out of 5ing any/all "how happy are you here?" questionnaires.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:08:41 PM by blasting_asshole »

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #8367 on: March 21, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »
+10
I don't mean to sound like a bit of a nut with politicization, but everything seems to be absolutely polarized these days on it like an axis. I wonder if its me getting older or it's just how it is.

No, that's how it is. They've politicized something as insignificant as vidya, FFS. Of course everything consequential would be politicized and polarized.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #8368 on: March 21, 2018, 05:44:05 PM »
+12

TL:DR - Elva recounts the night that Stranger, her boyfriend at the time, forced himself on her one night when she was drunk and unable to fight back...

Got drunk and had regrettable sex. Boy that never happens.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Fuck you, dad! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #8369 on: March 22, 2018, 02:56:20 AM »
+10
http://www.newsweek.com/man-wins-gender-discrimination-lawsuit-after-woman-gets-promotion-he-wanted-853795

A court in Austria has ruled that transport ministry official Peter Franzmayr was discriminated against on the basis of his gender when a managerial role he applied for was given to a woman instead.

:stewart:
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #8370 on: March 22, 2018, 08:50:41 AM »
+2
http://www.newsweek.com/man-wins-gender-discrimination-lawsuit-after-woman-gets-promotion-he-wanted-853795

A court in Austria has ruled that transport ministry official Peter Franzmayr was discriminated against on the basis of his gender when a managerial role he applied for was given to a woman instead.

:stewart:

I guess its time to add the 14th Amendment to the list of Amendments progressives want to repeal.

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Robin! To the bat-mobility scooter!
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red cold, dead hands Boy Scout old
    • Awards
« Reply #8371 on: March 24, 2018, 05:49:15 PM »
+4
This is pretty funny:  https://www.facebook.com/thedailymash/videos/1430191603756670/

Surprising it was allowed on the BBC. I'm sure a crack squad of officers are rushing to the writers room to haul them all off to Thoughtcrime jail for gently poking fun at the differences between men and women.

OOK OOK SCREE (D-IL)

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #8372 on: March 25, 2018, 08:44:56 AM »
+6

It's how it's been since 2008-2009 and the economic crisis (which we never left).  People have less of a sense of humor when they're materially poorer and have to deal with more shit because of that.  Institutions are struggling to keep alive and media especially has been hurting for money since they have to compete with the internet, so they're less egalitarian and are willing to prey off fear and false headlines to keep people tuned in, and politicization is the cheapest and easiest way to do that.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Fuck you, dad! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #8373 on: March 25, 2018, 09:18:24 AM »
+14
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10680

Profs warn that 'commitment to empirical science' hurts women

A recent academic journal article claims that "meritocratic ideology" and "depoliticized" classroom environments contribute to a sense of exclusion and isolation among female students.

The professors argue that the emphasis on "meritocracy," "individualism," and "technical prowess" in engineering all contribute to a "masculine culture" that marginalizes women.

So who is this genius professor?

Carroll Seron

Professor of Criminology, Law & Society

Criminology, eh? That's pretty bad-ass. But what fields are your actual degrees in?

Seron received her B.A. in American studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 1970, followed by an M.A. (1974) and Ph.D. (1976) from New York University, both in sociology.

FUCK

OFF

Another worthless sociologist masquerading as a person who knows what the fuck she's talking about.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

armchair nazi

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #8374 on: March 25, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »
+5
A B-List action movie actor started a studio and made a better game.

Vin Diesel is a legit turbo nerd D&D player. It's kinda neat in a way.
Supposedly he wants to direct the upcoming D&D movie and has put out multiple bids with plans on how the movie would play out including some early storyboards for the first act and a list of characters and what classes they would be.

you know why vin diesel starred in that corny looking witch hunter movie a few years ago? because the main character in it is literally one of his d&d characters.