The Something Sensitive Forums > Goon Acres

TVIV and CineD: dens of absolute faggotry

(1/759) > >>

cis scum 1.0:
TVIV and CineD are two of the worst subforums on all of Something Awful. They are extremely clickish, write 888 essays that rival D&D and absolutely full of the worst faggotry possible. TVIV might be the worst of the worst, it was modded by an ex-pedophile and is tightly controlled by a clique of troons, obese faggots and cat ladies pontificating about trans rights, feminism and racism in fucking sitcoms.

Also, they write like real faggots:

--- Quote from: soapgish --- The subtext of the episode was fabulously penned and executed, no doubt about it, but while a few bits were quite humorous it just wasn't a very funny episode for me. And that's fine as it excelled in other capacities though this season thus far feels like they're going for clever before funny.
--- End quote ---

And you're in real trouble if you say anything they find remotely offensive

--- Quote from: Occupation ---
--- Quote from: Irish Joe ---     They probably don't. She was on Mom this week and when I first saw her I thought she looked like a pug dog in a dress
--- End quote ---

Hey yo joe I usually spend my time defending you from people who bandwagon about how terrible of a poster you are since posts about your being a terrible poster are terrible posts in and of themselves but this comment was definitely sexist and kinda racist
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Occupation --- Canine comparisons are common insults to both women (bitches) and blacks (junkyard dogs). It's also a shitty thing to say in general but the terms are charged
--- End quote ---

they will pile up on you if you say something offensive like "Girls is really shit I don't like it and it's stupid to say that people criticize it because they hate women"

--- Quote from: precision --- Thank you. Exactly the point. It has nothing to do with misogyny, which is just a cheap buzzword to hide behind in order to avoid really answering questions in a meaningful way.

No matter how poorly worded a reporter's question, is it really justified to ask back "Do you have a girlfriend? Is she happy with you?"

Fuck Lena Dunham, and fuck Judd Apatow.
--- End quote ---

pile the fuck on

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser ---
:frogout: :frogout: :frogout: :frogout:

what the gently caress is wrong with you
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser --- You still don't get to call misogyny a cheap buzzword.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: DivisionPost --- Yeah, you don't get to call misogyny a cheap buzzword and you don't get to drop that Henry Rollins quote after saying
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Slamhound --- "Professional" and "unprofessional" are cheap buzzwords. Despite conventional wisdom, there are stupid questions and pointing them out and mocking them is perfectly acceptable. What response could that reporter possibly have expected to his question?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Division Post --- I'm telling you this as calmly as possible:

Just because you say it is, doesn't make it so. In fact, for somebody who obviously long ago decided not to care about these people, you sure jump at the chance to talk about them when the subject comes up. I mean we'd already moved past this conversation, but that didn't stop you from getting your two cents in.

And as far as how you could have phrased yourself better initially? Well, for starters, "They're using misogyny as a cheap buzzword." A small change that makes a world of difference. But there's more, because you insisted on saying more: Your passive-aggressive behavior in your last post would have gone over a little better if you could recognize the self-righteousness within your previous posts -- particularly, having an ugly reaction to someone because they had an ugly reaction to an ugly question.

You're right, precision, we're all friends here, and my definition of friendship is being honest and blunt when I feel it's necessary. So, honestly, bluntly, you're being a dick. And I'm not going to hold it against you too much because I've been a dick in the past and I'm being a dick right now. I will strive to be less of a dick in the future, but like with you, the right subject -- Girls is one of them -- will bring out my Inner Dick. (Go ahead and laugh.) And if you want to know what you can do to be less of a dick? Don't drop quotes about "not hating" when it's obvious that you've got plenty of room for hate, and maybe ease up from talking about shows you clearly don't care for. And yeah, watch how you phrase accusations of decoy misogyny because that can REALLY make you look like a dick.

I'll let you in on a little secret: I stopped watching Girls halfway through season 2. Couldn't hang with the show anymore. When I talk about it, it's usually about how other people talk about it. The show itself no longer interests me, and neither do two of the three personalities behind it (I still like Apatow's movies). So I haven't really talked about the content of the show. I mean, CLEARLY it still hits a nerve with me, but it's got nothing to do with whatever stories are being told. Maybe that's vacuous (for want of the proper word) in its own right. I don't know. Point is, there's a million other things to talk about; when Henry Rollins says "Don't hate," I'd bet money that he also means "Don't waste your time."
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: --- precision I think you're a cool guy but your argument reads to me like "I don't like Girls, therefore I'm going to massively overstate the unprofessionalism of the producers compared to the reporter", because gently caress, I don't care how professional I'm meant to be, if someone asked me that question about a show I made I would do far more than make a couple of shots, and it absolutely would have ruined the rest of the event for me. Everything about the way the question was phrased is disgustingly offensive.
--- End quote ---

I shit you not, as a punishment precision had to write the OP for Girls to be forgiven by the tv couch crew.

--- Quote from: precision --- Hell, I'll do it, just as a mea culpa for my poor word choice earlier. And I swear I won't say anything negative (at least, not in the OP)!

I'll do it tonight unless someone else really has a burning desire to do it.
--- End quote ---

They do that shit all the time on people they don't like, usually organize on IRC and used to get mod warning when too back off to avoid having their pet thread locked.

so yeah post all the retarded shit that fills both places if you dare read 14000 words about how the last episode of Shield is really a metaphor for 19th century Polish suffragette and modern rape culture.

cis scum 1.0:
One of the gatekeepers of TVIV is brooklynbruiser. He's constantly on their irc channel and fancies himself one of the thought leaders of the d&d crew. he'll go in other forums specifically to raise shit up with tv iv posters he doesn't like. Especially when he thinks they are racist or sexist or like shows he doesn't.

He was also the driving force with getting Azure_Horizon banned. Not because he was a genuine rapist, but because he fucking hated his guts and found a convenient reason to get him to be banned. If someone had said a gay guy who has sex with other guys who claim they are "straight" but start sucking dick when they are wrong he would call you homophobic and kinkshaming clearly those guys were gays to begin with. I mean he literally has said that in the past discussing a character from a show.

Irish Joe said a certain black actress looked like "a pug in a dress" on last night's episode of some comedy.

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser --- Given the extensive history of comparing black people to dogs being a way of degrading them... Yeah, it was fairly racist.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: zoux --- You know what's even worse than that? All these posts.
--- End quote ---

"Guys please don't call out racism, I don't like reading about it."
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Rapey Joe Stalin ---    Maybe it's a cultural thing distinct to America, and Irish Joe is actually spending his Wednesday nights wearing a pillowcase, but using dogs to describe black people really isn't a thing where I'm from.
--- End quote ---
It's very much a thing in the USA.

And, just a tip for the future, but perhaps try to not comment on things you aren't familiar with?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: thexerox123 ---Or maybe you could try to recognize that there are people from places aside from the US in this thread? For gently caress's sakes. Do you know for a fact that Irish Joe is from the US, even?

Since when do you have to be from the US to judge whether or not something is racist?
--- End quote ---

When talking about an American actress, in an American show, on an American network, it's probably a good idea to have some idea of how comments might be viewed by Americans.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser --- Do you not see how dehumanizing people by making them sound bestial is a really, really common thing that racists do?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser ---And again you show your ignorance - "You're the real racist for noticing racism!" is a depressingly common argument in American racial discourse.
--- End quote ---

Yeah he keeps on piling on people he doesn't like screaming about racism and sexism all the time. Not just the quotes in the OP but yeah here he goes again:

--- Quote from: Irish Joe ---    Is Luke Cage a good black series?
--- End quote ---

What, pray tell, constitutes a "black series"?
--- End quote ---

And yeah just fucking shrill in general

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser --- I have no idea what you mean by "gay show," but saying you can't watch something because it's too gay is awfully pejorative.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Austrian mook ---    what the gently caress does abelist mean?
--- End quote ---

Like racist/sexist/classist, but with disabled people.
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, and that's what he looks like:

--- Quote from: BrooklynBruiser" post="419091196 ---Me and my girlfriend. :3:

--- End quote ---

cis scum 1.0:

--- Quote from: GAPO on January 12, 2014, 03:22:13 PM ---99% of TV and movies are lowest common denominator crap so it's hardly surprising that any group of people devoted to discussion of these topics would be filled with retards.

--- End quote ---

It's not just that they watch and obsess over bullshit show, it's the fact that they are the vanguards of sjws, punishing wrongthink and worst catladies of the forum. Just look at the guy i did a mini-profile of. I didn't even need to go quote mining everything I just quoted, by the way. I just had to go through the last two/three pages of chat.

Gender Swapped Dinosaur:
What can you expect from the former fiefdom of Aatrek?

level 69 memelord:
i have never heard of black people being compared to dogs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version