;

Author Topic: A/T > Ask me about being an Asian Gang Member (shitthatneverhappened.txt)  (Read 40114 times)

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
OP claims to have been an asian gangster when he was a preteen/teenager, telling stories of "rumbles" (massive brawls in the streets) and how the inefficient cops in a place that the OP describes as middle/upper class were...ineffectual and did nothing apparently.

choice quotes

Quote from: JaggyJagJag
This happened many times. I would be caught in the wrong side of the state with the wrong girl, or the other side would unexpectedly be strapped/have bats, etc., and ambushes were common as well i.e 2 guys go "oh noes what are we going to do" and run, get chased by 4-5 guys, and then surprise! 8 people just showed up.

There was one time a rumble was set up with an asian gang of a different ethnicity. They wanted a one-on-one fight between the two guys who had beef, but Harvey decided differently and wanted to ambush them. He called up about 40 guys to show up to this "one-on-one" fight.

The other guy shows up with 12 guys, and they all pull up their shirt to display their guns. Our side were mostly armed with bats and golf clubs, but about 10 guys were strapped as well. This could have gotten out of hand, but we just decided to let the two fight one on one, which is extremely rare in gang violence.

just like in the movies the gang members stood to the side and let the warriors engage in most honorable combat.

It was fairly easy for me to leave. By the time I left, a lot of the upper-ups were locked up or going abroad to let the heat die down, and I always treated the whole thing like a videogame. It wasn't until I got older that I realized how serious the crimes we were committing was. I guess you could call me a naive suburban kid at heart.

leaving things wasn't hard, it was like in grand theft auto 3 when cj says peace out bros. OP also at least twice talks about people in his posse or whoever wielding katanas.

as if that weren't ridiculous enough, Callietron who is a tough asian chica joins in the thread to tell about her thugging days
Quote from: Callietron
I did some GTA, extortion/ threats, oversaw drug deals and operations. Lots of girls were mules or lookouts, or entertainment for the wealthier business prospects. I was also the only girl that fought with the gang.

Reasons I got into gangs are a bit complicated, but it's safe to say that I got into the "hardcore stuff" to protect my brother's empire when he got locked up. I didn't want someone else to take over so I figured I'd step up. I'm not sure if there are defined gender roles. Most of the girls we knew were prissy girly-girls that were scared to get their hands dirty. So I feel like if another girl like me came along, she'd be welcome to do the same. I'm not sure if that's same or different as in Blacks and Hispanic gangs.

just a tough girl that's one of the guys but also so smart that she skipped 3 grades while having 4 jobs and double majoring in quantum physics and engineering

Uh... I don't want to sound like I'm bragging - but you asked and I answer: I'm smart.

I moved to US in 5th grade, and I didn't speak any English. In one year I learned enough English to be in the honors classes. I also skipped 3 grades in math and got the highest grade in class every time. I never really studied or do any homework at home. Usually I just scribbled down the homework before I go to the next class (like, during the period before). I just absorbed what was given during class.

I never stayed a grade, graduated on time after taking all the AP classes my school offered, and had the 3rd highest GPA in school. The only time I had to make up work was after getting locked up, even then it didn't take that long.

I said before that I got into Ivy League college. That's probably because I was great at taking tests. I got full score on PSATs and 1480 (out of 1600) on the SATs without studying. For all the SAT IIs I took, I got at least a 740 on everything.

In college I was a double major, worked 3 jobs, managed 1 magazine, 1 newspaper, 4 clubs, and a national conference (yes, I graduated on time). After that I went to a Top-10 grad school.

Also... I was short and tiny and second-in-command in the clique, because I'm smart.

add this to shitthatneverhappened.txt

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut tfw no gf because jews Anonymous BYOB
    • Awards
+2
How do you pit two Asians against each other to fight to the death?

Give the winner an a+ and the loser an a-
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Better Luck Tomorrow was an attempt to show that Asian Americans are as hard as blacks and Hispanic, but they failed miserably. Stereotypes are hard to break.

wimpb

+1
If you wanted to show people that Asian-Americans can be hard as fuck you could just link them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

Protip: The super smart asians acing everything in school are being pushed super hard by their parents and if they got into anything even resembling crime their parents would fucking murder them.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Also, from my perspective, we were just as "crazy" as the Black and Hispanic gangs. I just think we're less ostentatious about it. Our hits are usually done via stealthy assassinations (like poison in syringe etc) rather than drive-by shoot-outs... And usually it's more business-oriented rather than rather gang pride stuff.

yes I'm sure this is a factual account and in no way fabricated

Harry D Greek

• Cishet White Male
  • http://i.imgur.com/U2hZuN9.png
    • Awards
Ahahaha, "protect my brother's empire" with some non-ostentatious stealthy assassinations.
Quote from: a man with an asymmetrical haircut
This was posted on the page before, but I was only able to catch up on this thread now. I'd like to point out that not all lesbian relationships have two vaginas, and it really sucks as a queer trans woman to hear this sort of generalization all the time.

Quote from: Vargo
Just realized Billy Oceans "get out of my dreams (and into my car)" is pretty blatantly about street harassment

woulduliketonomoar

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
God that's beautiful watching goons lap that shit up like it was bacon flavored ice cream served over french toast sticks.

As someone who spent time around gang members (Gangster Disciples) in their late teens, early 20s sometimes partying it up with them and then spent time as a CO around incarcerated gang members who continued their gang activity in prison that thread both makes my head spin and makes me laugh myself silly at the same time.

Terminology gained from 100% from movies & Nat. Geo. prison and gang docs.  Complete lack of understanding of structure and MO of gangs and to top it off "I was an middle upper to upper class who decided eh fuck it I'm joining a gang." What a fucking crock.

The sprinkle of truth in that thread was the were upper middle class - who were bored kids that might have engaged in petty crimes and decided to call themselves a gang and would have shit themselves if some real "triad members" or street gang so much as came within a block radius of "their hood" (i.e. the gated community).

Oh looky, someone that might actually know something about dealing with gangs (me).

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:50:44 AM by woulduliketonomoar »

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist The Gentry cold, dead hands Prepper For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Soldier Fascist Ave Maria
    • Awards
Are you in the plain clothes or rocking the tac outfit?

I thought this was another troll then I remembered SOMETHING AWFUL DAWT COM.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:45:16 PM by OSI »

woulduliketonomoar

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
Are you in the plain clothes or rocking the tac outfit?

I thought this was another troll then I remembered SOMETHING AWFUL DAWT COM.

I'm the one standing.  We both had tac pants (BDUs).  I was just wearing the "summer uniform" in the form of a DOC T-shirt with the logo of the institution on the left breast (90+ heat on yard duty in dark brown sucks) . The other officer was in full BDUs. That was spic and nig who popped off on the yard over something gang related (I don't remember the specific sets they rolled with).

The mexicant was alredy sprayed with OC and cuffed. I was IIRC putting on gloves since he had a significant amount of blood on him.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
lol are you seriously wearing aviators?

post regret

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Motorcyclist Californian Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: A/T > Ask me about being an Asian Gang Member (shitthatneverhappened.txt)
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
JaggyJagJag's story at least sounds possible.  He says he was a bored rich kid who sold small amounts of drugs and drove around hookers.  Callietron's story is getting more and more out there.  Poisoned needle assassinations?  A 110 lb girl becoming an "enforcer"? 
edit: Oh, and apparently she's a super genius who skipped 3 grades and is now a scientist.  Ok.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:25:25 AM by ulstictorca »

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist The Gentry cold, dead hands Prepper For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Soldier Fascist Ave Maria
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »

There is nothing wrong with that!!!!1111

:swanson:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
My daughter wears aviators and looks pretty awesome in them.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Also, lots of super genius gang members get online and admit to murder.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Yon Clown-Faced Maiden

• Person Of Interest
  • Awards Orthodox TNE Veteran Futurist Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »
I thought I'd troll the Wa Ching for a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozTZiEIrbWg

It's funny because on the mainland "WC" is the polite word for toilet.  华清 should probably be romanized as hua qing, not wa-ching.

Roughly translated:

Me:  "WC means toilet you idiot."
Him:  "Come to America and I'll show you who's the idiot."
Me: "Come to the northeast and clean my WC."

:smug:

Stupid low-rent gangster wannabe motherfuckers.  Actual Chinese gangsters would flay these kids alive and feed them their own skin.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:51 AM »

There is nothing wrong with that!!!!1111

:swanson:

woulduliketonomoar

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 07:38:28 AM »
Not that I recall in that pic. Likely some cheap (under $10) sunglasses since they tend to get broken/scratched/bent easily when wrestling shitheads to the ground.

Wear aviators now (non-mirrored).  They go well with my shaved head.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »

woulduliketonomoar

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »

That's close including the short beard, but minus the mohawk... plus my aviators look much better - more in the classic 'tear drop' shape.

Some feel its an inappropriate look for an elementary school teacher for some reason.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »
When they tell you it's an inappropriate look do you ask them if they are talking to you?

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Anonymous TNE Veteran Something Wonderful Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 01:07:17 PM »
When they tell you it's an inappropriate look do you ask them if they are talking to you?

**chortle

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »

:reagan:

Fade to Vanilla

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Kinda patronizing and cunty
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:21 PM »
Not that I recall in that pic. Likely some cheap (under $10) sunglasses since they tend to get broken/scratched/bent easily when wrestling shitheads to the ground.

Wear aviators now (non-mirrored).  They go well with my shaved head.

can't imagine you're too worried about fashion sense in that environment.  that would be some chappelle show shit with inmates giving you serious fashion advice.

"yo mothafucka, those teardrops ain't doin' nuttin fo' yo face"
"bitch, yo face too round fo' dat style frame.  yous needs a longer face to pull dat off.  better go wit a cheap wayfarer. they sit higha up on you face, not make you look so fat.  and the drape a' that shirt is all wrong.  you tryin' out curtains today?"
"check it, belt and shoes dun match neither"
"yo! you dress in tha dark, pig?"

Goddamnit E/N.

woulduliketonomoar

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »

**chortle

No. Usually some variation of:

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:36 PM »
The Asian frats might get into the occasional fist-fight, but they are far from being gangsters.

I was going to an Asian frat party in undergrad, and quite foolishly invited 4 of my old crew to come with me.This was after our gang had officially dispersed, but the rest of them in my hometown would still hang out with each other.

We went to a party sponsored by this frat, and one of my old friends, we'll call him Simba, got into shit with one of the frat boys. Simba was one of our enforcers, and one of the top 3 fighters of the entire gang. I've seen him break more noses and jaws than I have fingers. He just relished a one on one fight.

Anyways, at this frat party, he was flirting with one of their girlfriends or whatever, so the entire frat (about 35 of them) start shit with Simba and, by extension, us. About three of them started their tough guy act and pushed us, and were beaten to the ground. None of their frat-brothers moved to help them. Simba, while talking shit, walks up to this phalanx of frat members now, and just starts slapping them in the faces. Literally, we were outnumbered maybe 8 to 1, in their own house, talking shit, from a dispute that arose from one of their girlfriends, and the guys stayed quiet.

Eventually, we said fuck this and left the house. From the balcony, now the fratboys got brave, and started throwing beer bottles at us from the balcony and taunting us. Another friend of mine, we'll call him Baxter, literally just walks down the parking lot, in full view of the balcony, and starts stomping off the sideview mirrors of their cars. Some of them made token efforts to say "hey stop that's my car" but none of them came down.

This was one of my first forays into civilian life, and I remember being stunned that people would take such disrespect.

Less than a year after that, I cut almost all ties with my old crew though. Some of them were unpredictably violent and it was getting tiresome.