;

Author Topic: Ebola Virus Infecting America  (Read 60064 times)

Trump is the New Norma

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Ebola Virus Infecting America
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »
+11
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/02/ebola-patients-waste-remained-texas-apartment-two-days

Disastrous levels of incompetence at all levels of the government with this. Closing the borders from affected countries is "wrong" for some reason. Quarantines get fucked up. Isolation gets fucked up. Cleaning gets fucked up. Diagnosis gets incredibly fucked up.

I always suspected that our "leadership" was incompetent, but the CDC/feds actions since this case broke has been beyond belief bad. Like, me sitting on my ass not knowing shit about healthcare would have done a better job at this.

This is probably the only situation where an army of astronaut-suited stormtroopers descending on the scene would have been a *good* thing. And instead they send some dudes in t-shirts with pressure washers. Good fucking christ.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: Ebola Virus Infecting America
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:57:28 PM »
+1
Towels and sweat-ridden bedclothes remained for two days in the Dallas apartment where an undiagnosed Ebola sufferer – Liberian citizen Thomas Eric Duncan – was staying because health officials in Texas struggled to find a waste management company willing to accept them.
A company with experience of dealing with medical waste was finally due to clean the apartment on Thursday afternoon, but only after the patient’s girlfriend told CNN that the materials had not been disposed of.
What an amazing coincedence.  :lilal:

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »
+11
Ebola in America before its in India. A shameful CDC.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Trump is the New Norma

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »
+2
I hope this kills thousands, so that the hysterical whining and nonstop Ebola talk I've been subjected to over the last week will not have been in vain.
If the CDC and feds keep pace with their stunning response so far, you'll get your wish and more!

The Floridian

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »
+7
We let Ebola patients in here because if we didn't that would be racist. :d&d:

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »
+3
:allears: I personally love all the fucking lunatics who think you can catch a bloodbourne pathogeon through the air because they saw the movie Outbreak and they read that one article that claimed it was possible.

Trump is the New Norma

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 12:57:55 AM »
+7
:allears: I personally love all the fucking lunatics who think you can catch a bloodbourne pathogeon through the air because they saw the movie Outbreak and they read that one article that claimed it was possible.
:allears: I personally love all the fucking lunatics who think you can only catch ebola by rolling around in the excrement of an infected patient because they read some propaganda from the CDC and Reddit.

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 12:59:05 AM »
+3
:allears: I personally love all the fucking lunatics who think you can only catch ebola by rolling around in the excrement of an infected patient because they read some propaganda from the CDC and Reddit.

Do you know what a bloodbourne pathogen is you dumb nigger?

Trump is the New Norma

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 01:06:03 AM »
+2
This shit ain't AIDS, cocksmoker. I'd feel better if it was.

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 01:09:02 AM »
+2
This shit ain't AIDS, cocksmoker. I'd feel better if it was.

It's spread in exactly the same way you dumb fuck.  In fact, because it has a much higher mortality and incubation period, it's kind of LESS of a danger to the population than fucking AIDS.

Danish Plastic Bigotry

• Cishet White Male
  • YOU WAN PUSSY? FORRY BAHT
  • Awards Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 01:19:03 AM »
+5
 :african:  happens to have a really generic name so of course GBS immediately went "well it's a WHITE guy who brought it" before it was clarified he's Liberian

FUCK!

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 02:23:52 AM »
+5
category 9 chimpout imminent

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 02:43:59 AM »
+8

Yo, I think the Ebola scare is well over done, but fun fact chief:
unlike AIDS that cannot live for more than a few minutes outside of a human host, Ebola can lay dormant for days or weeks. Ebola can also spread through other fluids: Sweat, saliva, snot, feces. The longer incubation period makes it harder to quarantine. Ebola will not go full SARs, but this might not be a one-and-done.

Also, the fact that this is in Dallas, or any where in Texas, is some cause for alarm. They aren't quite sure of the full life-cycle of Ebola, but bats seem to be a contagion vector. Texas has a lot of bats, they have wide ranges,  Mexico's is near by and is not known for its sanitation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:51:43 AM by Ghostse »
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

The Floridian

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 02:47:43 AM »
+8

unlike AIDS that cannot live for more than a few minutes outside of a human host, Ebola can lay dormant for days or weeks. Ebola can also spread through other fluids: Sweat, saliva, snot, feces. The longer incubation period makes it harder to quarantine. Ebola will not go full SARs, but this might not be a one-and-done.

Also, the fact that this is in Dallas, or any where in Texas, is some cause for alarm. They aren't quite sure of the full life-cycle of Ebola, but bats seem to be a contagion vector. Texas has a lot of bats, they have wide ranges, and Mexico's sanitation is more or less non-existent.

So basically what you're saying is that only a disease this miserable & fucked up can originate solely in the heart of African niggerdom.

Agreed.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Goon or Ex-Goon Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 03:09:47 AM »
+3
I wonder how much of a coincidence this happened first in Dallas.  :obama:

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »
+3
Towels and sweat-ridden bedclothes remained for two days in the Dallas apartment where an undiagnosed Ebola sufferer – Liberian citizen Thomas Eric Duncan – was staying because health officials in Texas struggled to find a waste management company willing to accept them.

Quote from: goonymcgoon
This is probably the only situation where an army of astronaut-suited stormtroopers descending on the scene would have been a *good* thing.

Ahahaha no kidding. Fires will accept any linens you throw into them. If this shit spreads I can't imagine how awful and stupid those health officials in Texas are.

Tranny Feet

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:22 AM »
+4

Also, the fact that this is in Dallas, or any where in Texas, is some cause for alarm. They aren't quite sure of the full life-cycle of Ebola, but bats seem to be a contagion vector. Texas has a lot of bats, they have wide ranges,  Mexico's is near by and is not known for its sanitation.

I can't comment on the bats but the fomite studies show that you basically need to come into direct contact with fluids like blood or shit to catch it or handle dirty bedding or whatever; surfaces that have been sneezed on, handrails etc. hold pretty much no risk whatsoever and saliva and sweat don't have the viral load to make them severely infectious. Secondly, it's only infectious when you're outwardly displaying symptoms and handily enough, these symptoms mean that you'll be lucky to be able to stumble the twenty feet to the toilet without shitting all over the place i.e. when you become infectious you're not really in a position to infect loads of people because you're too busy lying in a heap expelling your innards all over yourself - you're not getting on the bus. Basically, it's very difficult to catch.

I think what's happening is people are overreacting to the situation in Africa without recognizing that the reason it's out of control in Africa is because it's fucking Africa; some of their field hospitals don't have running water or even fucking gloves. Pool of ebola diarrhea on the floor? Just make sure you don't step in it until it dries up. In Texas, my guess is a few of the same people in the house will also be infected given their proximity to the dude and you might see a number of outbreaks elsewhere (there are rumblings about Rhode Island and its Liberian population). Otherwise, a scenario like that in the The Stand just isn't going to happen; first world countries are too well-equipped and well-drilled with regards to quarantine protocols and the like (present fuck up excluded) for anything like this to take hold. If it were the flu, you should be worried but this shit is going nowhere.

Unless the bats get it, maybe.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 08:11:06 AM »
+11
I have suspected that ebola was already here in the states for while. I am surprised that the government even let us know about it. By the time you have heard about a disease it has already spread farther and wider then you are willing to believe.
His name was Harry Anderson

Drain The Swamp And Fill It With Piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • gas the I love cock more than jews does
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting TNE Veteran Fuck you, dad! United Statesian Soldier cold, dead hands The Gentry You can't know! Classicist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 08:34:54 AM »
+10
I have suspected that ebola was already here in the states for while. I am surprised that the government even let us know about it. By the time you have heard about a disease it has already spread farther and wider then you are willing to believe.

i really appreciate the incremental, slow news leaks and how all of the reassurances they keep offering have to be walked back

"LOL are you kidding? it won't get to the united states"
"if it gets to the united state, we're fine, we have the best healthcare in the world! it's only spreading in Africa because they 'don't have the infrastructure we do'" *can't find a company to clean up Ebola in all of Texas*
"Ok, it's one case, but it's completely isolated and he wasnt even sick when he was on the plane"
"Sorry, he was on two planes.  And had sex with a woman when he got here.  And likely came in contact with a few other people"
"Ok, there's one suspected case in Hawaii and another in Utah, and half the states are prepping for cases, but DONT WORRY"
"Well, the liberian nigger only had contact with 80 people, we're monitoring and tracking all of them, and they aren't sick yet!"

this is a fucking joke
This forum, like all iterations before it was started by a small group of people, many of whom have been posting together on various spinoffs going on 15 years now.

Dog's plans for the forum have been extensively discussed with 3 of the other 4 fagmins, via group PM, over a period of months.

The only ones "subverting" the forum here are the swole cru/wn/alt rightards who, by their own admission, want to change this forum from what it was, was intended to be, and what the former and current owners want it to be.

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »
+6
lol niggers

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/02/four-family-members-of-ebola-patient-under-court-ordered-quarantine/

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Texas health officials have ordered four close family members of the Ebola patient in Dallas to stay in their home, and they’ve posted law enforcement outside to be sure.

“They were non-compliant with requests to stay home,” said Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins on Thursday when explaining the presence of officers.
Texas state health commissioner David Lakey said the unusual quarantine step with the four relatives was so health officials could do the necessary monitoring, including checking them for fevers twice a day over the next 21 days.  None of the family members are showing any signs of fever or Ebola symptoms.

“We didn’t have the confidence we would have been able to monitor them the way that we needed to,” Lakey said.

:african: :friedchicken:
          :judy:                   :tyrone: sheeeeeiiiiiiit

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »
+22
A nigger didn't pay attention to a request that was for the common good of humanity? What a fucking shock.

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Deplorables Metal Fan Generation Identitaire Drinkin' and Postin' Better dead than red The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon old United Statesian Scrooge Texan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »
+3
lol niggers

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/02/four-family-members-of-ebola-patient-under-court-ordered-quarantine/

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Texas health officials have ordered four close family members of the Ebola patient in Dallas to stay in their home, and they’ve posted law enforcement outside to be sure.

“They were non-compliant with requests to stay home,” said Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins on Thursday when explaining the presence of officers.
Texas state health commissioner David Lakey said the unusual quarantine step with the four relatives was so health officials could do the necessary monitoring, including checking them for fevers twice a day over the next 21 days.  None of the family members are showing any signs of fever or Ebola symptoms.

“We didn’t have the confidence we would have been able to monitor them the way that we needed to,” Lakey said.

:african: :friedchicken:
          :judy:                   :tyrone: sheeeeeiiiiiiit

:tom:  Jesus Christ :clint:

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
+10
We all knew niggers would bring the end of humanity, maybe they'll break quarantine and bring about the niggerpocalypse.

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »
+7
We all knew niggers would bring the end of humanity, maybe they'll break quarantine and bring about the niggerpocalypse.

RealTalk: I would not be surprised if an angry mob showed up and burned the place down. And I'm not talking the Klan or anything; the non-unga bunga niggers in that apartment complex are justifiably unhappy.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/01/uncertainty-continues-at-apartments-where-ebola-patient-stayed/

sex bot semen tank

• Cishet White Male
  • popping shekels
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon 420
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
+14
Not exactly the niggerdeath osi was holding out for

It's identity creating. Suddenly, it means something when you say you're a Slytherin, in the same way it means something to say you're a reformed Jew.