;

Author Topic: LOWTAX THREAD  (Read 339991 times)

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: LOWTAX THREAD
« Reply #5325 on: July 14, 2018, 09:53:15 PM »
+6
There's a something awful discord? How has the drama from it not infected the forums?

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Tendies Necromancer
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #5326 on: July 15, 2018, 03:34:26 AM »
+6
There's a something awful discord? How has the drama from it not infected the forums?

Apparently it's not an official one because Lowtax is incapable of spotting or reacting to trends in a timely manner.

This is one of my favorite moments. He put up a new rule today - no more politics threads in GBS, then gassed all the ones he could find in a few minutes of work. He got some attaboys from the folks in discord and then they kept chatting and this gem came out:

Lowtax 11-Jul-18 04:58 PM
well here's the thing: there's a real good reason why nobody else has run an internet forum for nearly 20 years

duster 11-Jul-18 04:58 PM
Ever thought about opening the flood gates of perma banned people? Could be some tasty cash there.

Prude 11-Jul-18 04:58 PM
we want the site to do well

Simplyjack 11-Jul-18 04:59 PM
fuckin duster lmao

dilbertasfuck 11-Jul-18 04:59 PM
duster I said make it a stupid high price, at least like 5 people would do it I am sure

Lowtax 11-Jul-18 04:59 PM
the drama and complaining and internet shit never ends, you're always told you're doing it wrong by some group, and you're always told things were better X years ago

Prude 11-Jul-18 04:59 PM
I think things aren't ever inherently doomed

Lowtax 11-Jul-18 04:59 PM
so it's easy to be like "eh fuck it" after a decade and a half

So here's the thing, what does that say about yourself if you continue to do something horrible for a job for 15+ years? In all that time you've found nothing better? In all that time you haven't thought, "fuck it, sell this obnoxious thing off and make it someone else's problem?"  He's never built an Official Forums Admin account and then given himself some no-name secondary account so he doesn't have to deal with admin/mod bullshit when he doesn't want to. Instead, he's attached to his Posting Career and hahaha

:ignatius:

Oh Lowtax, you will never, ever change and that gives us years of unintentional comedy to look forward to. Thanks! :allears:

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Tendies Necromancer
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #5327 on: July 15, 2018, 03:37:01 AM »
+2
More.

Simplyjack 11-Jul-18 05:08 PM
but yeah @Lowtax its good seeing you take a step, any step at all on your forums. i think a lot of the issues is the 2nd in commands taking on the mantle of "we are SA" and just rolling with it

Lowtax 11-Jul-18 05:08 PM
eh I get run down now that I have a family, I can't spend the time or emotional energy dealing with stuff as much anymore

Prude 11-Jul-18 05:09 PM
I totally get that

Taylor 11-Jul-18 05:09 PM
Makes sense

Simplyjack 11-Jul-18 05:09 PM
thats what they count on tbh

Prude 11-Jul-18 05:09 PM
time, responsibilities, troubles, exhaustion
all wears a person thin

Lowtax 11-Jul-18 05:09 PM
like when I was single and young, I had the time and shit to do it, and it was fresh. Now it's like 18 years later and I'm like ehhhhhhhhhhh

the king is old, the king is tired

honestly getting banned from twitter was the best thing for me

better let the Council do the heavy lifting

Lowtax 11-Jul-18 05:10 PM
I would just shit around on there
because who cares, it's not my backyard

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Motorcyclist The Gentry You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #5328 on: July 15, 2018, 06:51:43 AM »
+7
Does he really not know about all the other forums that are ~20 years old?

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #5329 on: July 15, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »
+13
like when I was single and young, I had the time and shit to do it, and it was fresh. Now it's like 18 years later and I'm like ehhhhhhhhhhh

:rpno:

Nigga please...Lowtax was ragequitting and/or fucking off to FYAD since 2000. When I joined the forums it was in the era of Al, Rainbow Blight, and JRE and they were dropping down rules and creating admin/mod sycophant cliques because he was an absentee owner then. He's always had a pattern--swoop back in and declare he's going to fix the forums, bask in the adulatuon, get frustrated and want to go back to comedy writing/making shitty electronic music/drinking box wine, and declare he's handing it off to someone else. Zach/Fistgrrl, Fragmaster, Ozma and Finn. Then when things tank again it's rinse and repeat.

Ozmas Oyster Ooze

• Person Of Interest
  • Making dat der sour dough
  • Awards Motorcyclist 420 cold, dead hands Drinkin' and Postin' Strayan The Gentry old Metal Fan Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #5330 on: July 15, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
+6

But but but he's like the only person ever to have ran a website for that long and no one else in the entire universe has more experience them him, thus any advice that could possibly be suggested wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on...

Dr. Hatchet-Wound

• Cishet White Male
  • Head, Dangerous & Elective surgery Mazzoni Center
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Libertarian 420 Scrooge The Gentry cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon old
    • Awards
« Reply #5331 on: July 15, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »
+14
"open the floodgates of perma-banned people"

lol everyone's been monitoring that throwaway email account for years  and gets an email: come on back to us gooftroop!

*dials phone frantically*

Dad? Dad? I know its 3am but you'll never believe what's happened!

Jace821

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #5332 on: July 15, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »
+1

I joined the goon discord network but canít find this shit. Most of the channels are dead. Is there another server?

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #5333 on: July 15, 2018, 02:20:07 PM »
+2
"open the floodgates of perma-banned people"

lol everyone's been monitoring that throwaway email account for years  and gets an email: come on back to us gooftroop!

*dials phone frantically*

Dad? Dad? I know its 3am but you'll never believe what's happened!

Xir's hour come round at last.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Tendies Necromancer
    • Awards
« Reply #5334 on: July 15, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »
+5

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ban Reason:  if you like them so much, go post there GOOFTROOP!
Ban Submitted by:  Lowtax
Approved by: Lowtax

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #5335 on: July 15, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »
+5
It took him getting banned 3 times to come to this conclusion

Jace821

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #5336 on: July 15, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »
+5
It took him getting banned 3 times to come to this conclusion

Lol if you donít think heís going to cave and make a new twitter account. Heís addicted to it.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #5337 on: July 16, 2018, 08:15:04 AM »
+5
eh I get run down now that I have a family, I can't spend the time or emotional energy dealing with stuff as much anymore

"Stuff" being main source of income. That "stuff" is your job and arguably one of the easiest jobs in the entire world.

How much you wanna bet he pulls the same shit on the flip-side of the coin? "Awww sweetie, I can't deal with the kids, right now. I'm totally drained from working on that forums bandwidth all day."

Her and the kids all thinks he's hard at work writing technojibberish under the assumption he needs to manually process payments or log people in and out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:19:07 AM by blasting_asshole »

Jace821

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #5338 on: July 16, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »
+4

"Stuff" being main source of income. That "stuff" is your job and arguably one of the easiest jobs in the entire world.

How much you wanna bet he pulls the same shit on the flip-side of the coin? "Awww sweetie, I can't deal with the kids, right now. I'm totally drained from working on that forums bandwidth all day."

Her and the kids all thinks he's hard at work writing technojibberish under the assumption he needs to manually process payments or log people in and out.

Canuck wife was involved with the forums long enough to know lowtax is full of shit. She has to put up with him until she can get her permanent residence then divorce him and take half of the scraps he has left.

FALSE FLAG POSTING EVENT

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #5339 on: July 16, 2018, 11:09:35 AM »
+5
From the Kratom thread, last year:

Quote from: I LIKE COOKIE" post="467905764
Lowtax posts in this thread.

Quote from: Dr.Caligari" post="467913303
Where did you get this information?

Quote from: Hurt Whitey Maybe" post="467915562
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/815980177947770880

Quote from: I LIKE COOKIE" post="467929253
Woow thanks for confirming! I don't have twitter, I just know who specifically. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, guy. Or ditch your account, or ban me. It is your forum, after all.

One of us, one of ussss

I feel so cool now. Been off the opiates/kratom for well over a month now and it feels so good to be free. My new years resolution is to embrace sobriety, so far I'm doing really, really well. Have had a few nights out where I did drink alcohol, but social drinking is okay in my book. Also went to the bar/ the party and didn't drink at all, which was super hard but I'm proud of myself as fuck. I don't need it.

Plain leaf kratom is addicting, check my post history if you don't believe me. It's probably as bad for your body as weed or coffee. Aka not so bad. I was using it to treat my back pain and make videogames fun. It made my back pain much worse since it made my posture terrible as fuck. When you can't feel the pain, you fuck yourself up more. Now I go to the gym and do a bunch of back exercises/stretches and I feel like a new person. The pain is gone.

Drugs treat the symptoms, not the problem. Drugs is equal to running from yourself.

Hey I'm sure in the ensuing year ol' Lowtax has gone to the gym and physical therapy to treat his 'back pain' rather than going to shit internet chinese chemically-enhanced leaf extract, right?

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #5340 on: July 16, 2018, 07:39:28 PM »
+3
Uh lowtax went to an irl American(ish) doc and now gets prescription drugs to abuse.

Though he probs smokes the drugs also