;

Author Topic: redditors.txt  (Read 1126370 times)

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Boy Scout You can't know! cold, dead hands The Gentry Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: redditors.txt
« Reply #8375 on: August 15, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
+3
ATOP do they not have claw hammers where you're from?

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #8376 on: August 15, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »
+1
Geez no, the guy was always scummy, but we all had no idea that he would sink this low and commit a crime like this by trying to steal an inheritance, especially since he runs his own business and really isn't in financial dire straights.

It caused half the family to immediately re-write their own wills to keep him out of it in any form and under no circumstances will he ever get anything.

But he's trying to justify that he did nothing wrong.
Has he returned the original of the will? This is kinda important because courts will often require the original be provided and failure to do so raises a presumption that the will was intentionally revoked by an act of physical destruction by the testator. That presumption can be rebutted, but that will usually require a hearing and it sounds like there's going to be a bunch of testimony. Having documentation of the theft would help, which is why I suggested filing a police report. If you don't have the original back, this will create a huge mess for the administration of the probate. I hope the lawyer at least maintains a copy of the will.

When you say "distant relative," what do you mean? Would he have been an intestate heir of the testator?
Well from what I gathered it's like his second cousin who's on death's door, lived alone and when the cousin became terminally ill the guy decided to hang around him for like 2 weeks waiting for him to die. Mind you he never spoke or contacted him for like decades until he became sick and he thought he would have a chance at a pay out. He snooped around trying to see if he was in the will and got no answers, so he essentially got tired of waiting and stole the lockbox with the will and apparently trashed the house in the process. Turns out he was never named in the will and wanted the attorney to add him to the will to get his "fair share" and did contact the attorney to try and do so. The terminally ill cousin isn't dead yet though. But a fair share seems to be like 80% of the monetary inheritance plus the house that he feels that he is "owed".

To my knowledge nobody filed an actual police report after he called up my uncle to try and convince him to break into the house and the lockbox. My uncle was flabbergasted. My uncle got a later call telling him that he's an idiot for not helping with the theft and he's getting zero pay out.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #8377 on: August 16, 2018, 12:10:57 AM »
+7
Geez no, the guy was always scummy, but we all had no idea that he would sink this low and commit a crime like this by trying to steal an inheritance, especially since he runs his own business and really isn't in financial dire straights.

It caused half the family to immediately re-write their own wills to keep him out of it in any form and under no circumstances will he ever get anything.

Has he returned the original of the will? This is kinda important because courts will often require the original be provided and failure to do so raises a presumption that the will was intentionally revoked by an act of physical destruction by the testator. That presumption can be rebutted, but that will usually require a hearing and it sounds like there's going to be a bunch of testimony. Having documentation of the theft would help, which is why I suggested filing a police report. If you don't have the original back, this will create a huge mess for the administration of the probate. I hope the lawyer at least maintains a copy of the will.

When you say "distant relative," what do you mean? Would he have been an intestate heir of the testator?
Well from what I gathered it's like his second cousin who's on death's door, lived alone and when the cousin became terminally ill the guy decided to hang around him for like 2 weeks waiting for him to die. Mind you he never spoke or contacted him for like decades until he became sick and he thought he would have a chance at a pay out. He snooped around trying to see if he was in the will and got no answers, so he essentially got tired of waiting and stole the lockbox with the will and apparently trashed the house in the process. Turns out he was never named in the will and wanted the attorney to add him to the will to get his "fair share" and did contact the attorney to try and do so. The terminally ill cousin isn't dead yet though. But a fair share seems to be like 80% of the monetary inheritance plus the house that he feels that he is "owed".

To my knowledge nobody filed an actual police report after he called up my uncle to try and convince him to break into the house and the lockbox. My uncle was flabbergasted. My uncle got a later call telling him that he's an idiot for not helping with the theft and he's getting zero pay out.

None of this is real or ever happened

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #8378 on: August 16, 2018, 12:17:11 AM »
+1

None of this is real or ever happened
Unfortunately it's all true, people are that scummy.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8379 on: August 16, 2018, 02:54:42 AM »
+2

Unless there are actually no surviving lineal descendants of the testator's grandparents, no great aunts/uncles, and no first cousins once removed, he ain't owed shit.

Someone (preferably the testator or someone with PoA for him) should talk to an attorney about sending a certified letter demanding that he turn over the original will. If he doesn't produce it, get the police involved.