;

Author Topic: LOWTAX THREAD  (Read 244273 times)

Jace821

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
Re: LOWTAX THREAD
« Reply #4550 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:29 AM »
+7
is there a reason Rich won't literally just start a "keep the forums open" Patreon with a high $ goal to convert it to Xenforo?

people care about the forums for some godawful reason. Ask them to give you money for the thing they like. They'll pay you.

He did.  Multiple times.
Like permanently, not just the stupid Spaceship Drawing thing or whatever. Just open a Patreon with some near ludicrous minimum monthly goal that is "I do not close something awful".

Not "pay to watch my bad youtube videos" or "pay to listen to my podcast I'm already tired of" or a one-shot fundraiser- just flat out just say, "I can't really afford to run SA anymore, I need $x to continue to do so and here's a stretch goal to convert the forums to xenoforo". For some reason he'll try to sell t-shirts again, or shill a podcast/youtube channel, he just won't ask for consistent money to keep the ONE fucking thing people still care about around.

The majority of goons know that his pleas for money to keep the forums running are bullshit. The forums pay for themselves every month. The problem lowtax has is they no longer bring in enough to also support his family and child support payments to his ex.

Jace821

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4551 on: January 19, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
+14
From yospos re: forums revenue

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #4552 on: January 19, 2018, 01:32:56 PM »
+8
How do you bring in that much money and still be broke AF?  :facepalm:

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #4553 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:43 PM »
+12

Something Awful has evolved beyond being a mere joke website. It is a serous place to discuss the issues. Wait where is everyone going!?!
 :say:
 :christina:

The best is when they use 4chan and reddit as examples of something they want to avoid. They take pride in being the digg of forums.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4554 on: January 19, 2018, 05:44:27 PM »
+9
How do you bring in that much money and still be broke AF?  :facepalm:

multiple divorces and selling property at below market value are one hell of a drug

anti-nigger machine

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4555 on: January 19, 2018, 07:31:45 PM »
+10

Revenue dropped nearly 50% in a single year? Perfect time to crawl into the bottle and ignore my sole source of income for a decade.
                                       :think:

jews fear the gargoyle

• Enemy Of The State
  • ☞ ͡ل͜ ͡☞
  • Awards Better dead than red Deplorables Autistic United Statesian Scrooge Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #4556 on: January 19, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
+6

Revenue dropped nearly 50% in a single year? Perfect time to crawl into the bottle and ignore my sole source of income for a decade.
                                       :think:

if i were him i would gingerly place my head under an oncoming train wheel
please delete this

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #4557 on: January 19, 2018, 10:36:21 PM »
+7
Like 900%  of that revenue went to hosting and bandwidth and hum TITAN

Duuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Myrddin_Emrys

• Citizen In Good Standing
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #4558 on: January 20, 2018, 04:21:06 AM »
+1

This shit is right into my viens

Pumpkin Toilet

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #4559 on: January 20, 2018, 05:35:51 AM »
+2
So when do you think LowT is gonna force Ashli to go out and get a job?

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran United Statesian Sasstronaut Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #4560 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41:08 AM »
+9

This shit is right into my viens

From a half million a year to $28k

:mindblown:

Jace821

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4561 on: January 20, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »
+3
So when do you think LowT is gonna force Ashli to go out and get a job?

When he wants a divorce.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4562 on: January 20, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »
+14
Even at his peak, he only had a McMansion, his strip mall office, and his GTR.  Where the fuck did the rest of it go?  That must be one hell of a Barefoot and Ambien addiction.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran United Statesian Sasstronaut Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #4563 on: January 20, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
+11
Even at his peak, he only had a McMansion, his strip mall office, and his GTR.  Where the fuck did the rest of it go?  That must be one hell of a Barefoot and Ambien addiction.

Arimony is a helluva drug.

Jace821

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4564 on: January 20, 2018, 12:25:38 PM »
+4

Those numbers dont include taxes he had to pay. He also shelled out $150,000 in alimony to his ex and still pays child support. Who knows how much hes wasted on drugs and other worthless crap.

Pumpkin Toilet

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #4565 on: January 20, 2018, 01:24:47 PM »
+3
He also had a 5000 sq ft million dollar house built out in the country for him.

He had to sell it when he divorced chink wife.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4566 on: January 20, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »
+3
Getting divorced is the worst investment choice you can ever make in your life.

So essentially every other decision lowtax has made hasn't been as bad as that.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #4567 on: January 20, 2018, 05:28:27 PM »
+12
Getting divorced is the worst investment choice you can ever make in your life.

So essentially every other decision lowtax has made hasn't been as bad as that.

I don't think he made that decision.

Waltzing Matilda

• Cishet White Male
  • Tomorrow Person
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Strayan old Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4568 on: January 22, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
+2
Depending on her age, she might still have some sweet term life insurance.  She can blow everything on treatment and lowtax would still make out like a king.

He's been posting about her having a rare form of leukemia for several years now.  She's obviously not kicking off in a hurry.  With luck, she'll spend her money on herself before she goes.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #4569 on: January 22, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »
+5
Y'all are gonna get that woman killed.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Prepper Libertarian Motorcyclist 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4570 on: January 23, 2018, 04:39:53 AM »
+18
Woman found dead in death police are calling 'suspicious'

Mangosteen, ambien and a ten dollar bill were found sitting beside a Missouri woman on Tuesday, and police have declared her death as "suspicious in nature."

Carol Kyanka, 69, appeared to neighbors as if she was having a pleasant day.

"She came out to the mailbox, said 'hello!' and went back inside. She was smiling and seemed to be in fine health," recalls her neighbor, Rachael. "A man showed up in an aging Nissan GTR - her son, I think - but that was the only thing I saw."

There is no word yet on whether any suspects are being pursued, but officers have told reporters they are looking into at least one person of interest.

"There were certainly some unusual circumstances at the scene," explained Officer Radium, the lead detective on the investigation. "There was red wine spilled around the house, with no indication that the victim had any red wine in her possession." Also, pills that were identified as the prescription drug Ambien were found spilled near the body. But the victim had no prescription for Ambien, and was not known to be involved in illicit drug usage.

Toxicology reports will be completed to determine whether drugs or alcohol were involved in the death, but will take up to 2 weeks to be completed.

"As of now there is no clear cause. Preliminary reports showed no alcohol in the blood, no visible intoxication was reported by friends or family, and there are no signs of bruising or other potential indicators of physical assault." Even so, investigators believe there was some foul play involved, and are looking into potential motives.

Officer Radium has had some controversy in the past, as accusations of "bungling up cases" were made. However, no formal charges were filed, and an internal investigation noted that there were systemic problems in the organization. He hopes that his reputation will be cleared with a successful outcome in this case.

"We are currently exploring all possibilities, and as strange as it sounds, our early theory involves 'dying of shame.'"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:43:59 AM by HondaRider271 »
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Wounded in the line of posting. Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #4571 on: January 23, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »
+3

Those numbers match my memories of when and how the forums started totally going to shit.  I finally had enough around the '08/'09 time frame after half of the best posters had been banned for retarded reasons and I had been probated by shitty moderators for violating some obscure rule.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #4572 on: January 23, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »
+2
Woman found dead in death police are calling 'suspicious'
lel

So imagine if Lichard realized that the forums were dead and decided to have one last hurrah with the site. He calls up some well-known and well-liked posters who were there for the heyday to get them to return. He holds a public execution of Oxma(fat) and whoever else is running that shithole now. He utterly deletes from the database entire subfora full of liberal shit. He actually makes the whole place like it was in 2001. Would anyone be interested enough in what was going on to go back to the site?

I'm just wondering what it would take to revive the place or if it is too far gone.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #4573 on: January 23, 2018, 09:36:21 AM »
+3
What the hell happened in 04 that the site was making 650K? Christ.

Jace821

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4574 on: January 23, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
+10
What the hell happened in 04 that the site was making 650K? Christ.

There were very active file sharing forums and people were signing up just to get access to them. Then Lowtax got DMCA'd a bunch and he decided to close them.