;

Author Topic: Funny Shit From The News  (Read 204569 times)

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' Better dead than red old
    • Awards
Re: Funny Shit From The News
« Reply #5250 on: July 19, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »
Also you're missing the point.
Soccer kicks are made under very little duress.
Field Goal kickers often have to kick between 50-60 yards away (nearly HALF the length of the field) and much farther than those trick shots in the video, and unlike soccer, football is rarely played in domes or covered stadiums so they have kick in near zero degree weather, in the snow, in the rain, or in the wind against 11 dudes, most of them 300 lbs or close enough to it, trying to block or tackle him.

Football matches aren't played under covered stadiums. I can't think of a single one to be honest. I've seen matches played with heavy rain, lightning storms and snow.

As for the revenue generated, most Americans don't understand how big football is in Europe. We don't have anything else like NBA or NHL or college-level competitions. Football rules all and everything else is marginal. I'll give you an example. NFL generates revenue in the ballpark of 12 billion, while the English Premiler League is half that (in very round figures). But consider for a moment the populations of these countries: 330 million vs only 65 million.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Reeeeeeee

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #5251 on: July 19, 2018, 09:09:44 PM »
+5
Ok cupcake

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #5252 on: July 19, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »
+4
 :urafag:

Kobe Buffalomeat

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #5253 on: July 20, 2018, 02:25:43 AM »
+3

As for the revenue generated, most Americans don't understand how big football is in Europe. We don't have anything else like NBA or NHL or college-level competitions. Football rules all and everything else is marginal. I'll give you an example. NFL generates revenue in the ballpark of 12 billion, while the English Premiler League is half that (in very round figures). But consider for a moment the populations of these countries: 330 million vs only 65 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

The Premier League is the most-watched sports league in the world, broadcast in 212 territories to 643 million homes and a potential TV audience of 4.7 billion people.

Wow, a potential audience of over HALF the planet and it still generates half the revenue as our little NFL that nobody outside of America cares about
(and even at least half of America doesn't give a fuck about the NFL in the first place outside of the Super Bowl).

:reagan:
"Gentlemen don't like violence but love the violence of words. Prepare for word torture! I'm full of dangerous phrases that should be censored!"

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' Better dead than red old
    • Awards
« Reply #5254 on: July 20, 2018, 08:23:16 AM »
Wow, a potential audience of over HALF the planet and it still generates half the revenue as our little NFL that nobody outside of America cares about
(and even at least half of America doesn't give a fuck about the NFL in the first place outside of the Super Bowl).

:reagan:

I think this is disingenuous to say the least. Despite the fact that EPL is broadcasted around the world (unlike NFL which doesn't seem to spike the same levels of interest) the thing that brings home the bacon is domestic revenue.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Generation Identitaire Deplorables Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Better dead than red old The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge Texan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #5255 on: July 20, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »
+7
wow impressive moves running straight and kicking a ball forward 3 times

There isn't an NFL or NHL athlete who could've had the vision to immediately make the perfect pass for the striker or the speed and agility to outrun one of the best defenders in the world and play around the goalie and two defenders like that and finish with a perfect shot to the corner of the goal.

I can appreciate the skill involved in hockey but it just doesn't get the adrenaline pumping like football.

I played both football and soccer into high school and I can tell you flat out that you're an idiot.  A good athlete is a good athlete, if they start off in one sport from the begining or play it for a while, they would be successful at it easily.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #5256 on: July 20, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
+7
During the world cup the Columbus Dispatch ran an article about people gathering to watch it. Anyway they had a picture of a bunch of soy boy faggots at a bar.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #5257 on: July 20, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
+8
During the world cup the Columbus Dispatch ran an article about people gathering to watch it. Anyway they had a picture of a bunch of soy boy faggots at a bar.

American soccer fandom seems to be made up of two things: Self-hating Americans cosplaying as Eurofags, and illegal beaners. I hate both groups.

Mad at the Internet

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #5258 on: July 20, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »
+7
American soccer fandom seems to be made up of two things: Self-hating Americans cosplaying as Eurofags, and illegal beaners. I hate both groups.

Exactly. I lost a long-time friend, who suddenly became a soccer fan out of nowhere about 4 years ago, because I suggested the only people here in the States who care about soccer are illegals, soccer moms, and hipster faggots.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5259 on: July 20, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
There's some hullabaloo about the Columbus Crew taking off for Austin and all the pro Columbus Crew staying in Columbus people are just as faggy as you'd expect too. Good riddance I say.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #5260 on: July 20, 2018, 01:48:58 PM »
+1
It's funny watching the Revolution play before a couple thousand people in the 66,000 person monolith that is Gillette Stadium. Pretty sure keeping the lights on during matches would under normal circumstances cripple the organization financially, if it wasn't bankrolled by Bob Kraft and his Patriots money.

"I am Bob Costello from Saugus, Massachusetts. I have 4 irritating kids and can't afford Patriots tickets. I am (begrudgingly) a Revolution superfan."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:57:48 PM by blasting_asshole »

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5261 on: July 20, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
I played both football and soccer into high school and I can tell you flat out that you're an idiot.  A good athlete is a good athlete, if they start off in one sport from the begining or play it for a while, they would be successful at it easily.

So why can't the United States, the country with generally the best athletes in the world (I say this without a trace of irony), produce world-class football players?

How long did you play football (and when)?

- Jordin Kare

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #5262 on: July 20, 2018, 07:52:01 PM »
+8

So why can't the United States, the country with generally the best athletes in the world (I say this without a trace of irony), produce world-class football players?

When you say Football, I'll assume you mean what Americans refer to as soccer. The reason why America doesn't produce world class soccer players is this: very few people give a shit about soccer here. The ones who do are fags or Mexicans, who are handicapped by being 4 feet tall. Seriously, there's very little in the way of a serious soccer culture here so there isn't a huge network of pro or semi-pro clubs here.

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic Futurist United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #5263 on: July 20, 2018, 08:37:15 PM »
+4
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/14/sports/world-cup/soccer-youth-decline.html

Soccer participation is down bigly.  Generation Zyklon doesn’t give a shit

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #5264 on: July 20, 2018, 11:51:39 PM »
+7
Gee, look at the pic accompanying the article, combined with the caption:

“Soccer is the fastest growing sport in urban schools,” said Ed Garza, the former mayor of San Antonio. “It’s part of the cultural dynamic.”

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND TAKE YOUR SHITTY SPORT WITH YOU

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5265 on: July 21, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »
+3
To be fair, I bet any immigrant community in the States is more into football than any other sport. You are trying to portray like football is some spic specialty and that simply isn't the case.

The ones who do are fags or Mexicans, who are handicapped by being 4 feet tall.

Meanwhile Balkan football fans:

- Jordin Kare

Kobe Buffalomeat

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #5266 on: July 21, 2018, 08:57:51 AM »
+10

Hmm, I wonder why the average pro athlete would NOT want to play a sport that no one around them gives a shit about for the potential to earn a fraction of what they could if they played in the NFL, NBA, Baseball, or the NHL.

Even if you're assuming the absolute best of the best...the ones that could earn Maradona (or whoever) level money, they still have to move away from their families and the only home they've ever known to play in Euro fagland, or even worse, England.
Most American pro athletes are stupid ape-men but even they know enough not to deal with toothless inbred Brits and Spaniards throwing bananas at them, but rather stay in America where they will be fellated non-stop by our faggot sports media and hailed as KANGZ and given license to rape, steal, (look up Jameis Winston) and generally chimpout at any & all times with carte blanche as they are LIVING GODS AND BRAVE HEROES AGAINST EVIL WYPIPO.

So I guess I do have to give credit to Euroball fans for actually having some sense of treating their athletes like the idiotic baboons they are, rather than in America where we take some barely literate nog who wouldn't have passed the 3rd grade if he wasn't good at running, put him in a suit and shove him in front of the camera and let him ramble and pretend that he has anything insightful to say at all.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:04:36 AM by Kobe Buffalomeat »
"Gentlemen don't like violence but love the violence of words. Prepare for word torture! I'm full of dangerous phrases that should be censored!"

Brandlebrundt

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #5267 on: July 24, 2018, 09:50:53 AM »
+7
Looks like soy is in the crosshairs.

Gottlieb: FDA to crack down on labeling nondairy products as ‘milk’

The head of the FDA said Tuesday that the Trump administration will move to crack down on the use of the term “milk” for nondairy products like soy and almond beverages.

The agency will soon issue a guidance document outlining changes to its so-called standards of identity policies for marketing milk, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said at the POLITICO Pro Summit.

“An almond doesn’t lactate, I will confess,” Gottlieb said, referring to the fact that the agency’s current standards for milk reference products from lactating animals.

The move would be a major boon for dairy groups, which have been struggling amid dropping prices and global oversupply. The industry has petitioned FDA to enforce marketing standards for milk, but the agency has not previously addressed the issue.

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) introduced a bill in early 2017 that would ban the use of the term “milk” in nondairy products. But legislative action on that front has gained little traction.

Gottlieb said FDA plans to soon start gathering public comment before taking next steps in redefining the rules for milk products.

“This is going to take time,” he said. “It’s not going to take two years, but it probably takes something close to a year to get to go through that process.”

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards TNE Veteran Rethuglikkkan Soldier Wounded in the line of posting. For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Texan The Gentry cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #5268 on: July 24, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
+10
Soy needs to get removed from mainstream foodstuffs, period. There are way too many health risk downsides.

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420
    • Awards
« Reply #5269 on: July 24, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »
+7
Looks like soy is in the crosshairs.

Gottlieb: FDA to crack down on labeling nondairy products as ‘milk’

The head of the FDA said Tuesday that the Trump administration will move to crack down on the use of the term “milk” for nondairy products like soy and almond beverages.

The agency will soon issue a guidance document outlining changes to its so-called standards of identity policies for marketing milk, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said at the POLITICO Pro Summit.

“An almond doesn’t lactate, I will confess,” Gottlieb said, referring to the fact that the agency’s current standards for milk reference products from lactating animals.

The move would be a major boon for dairy groups, which have been struggling amid dropping prices and global oversupply. The industry has petitioned FDA to enforce marketing standards for milk, but the agency has not previously addressed the issue.

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) introduced a bill in early 2017 that would ban the use of the term “milk” in nondairy products. But legislative action on that front has gained little traction.

Gottlieb said FDA plans to soon start gathering public comment before taking next steps in redefining the rules for milk products.

“This is going to take time,” he said. “It’s not going to take two years, but it probably takes something close to a year to get to go through that process.”

"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #5270 on: July 24, 2018, 11:49:13 AM »
+6
Soy needs to get removed from mainstream foodstuffs, period. There are way too many health risk downsides.

But using it as a filler increases our profit margins, goyim!

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #5271 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:53 PM »
+11
My ex-girlfriend told me that they had Columbus Crew tickets on Groupon and asked if I wanted to go.

I said "If you love me at all, you will never make me go to a soccer game."

Sassy Gay Y-Wing Pilot

• Person Of Interest
  • This is Walter.
    • Awards
« Reply #5272 on: July 26, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
+6
And then I took her to a soccer-game, the rest is history.

Soccer and Football are both awful sports (objectively, not my opinion), also, both are pretty gay and flimsily disguised excuses for grown big men to touch each other.

Only the boy-scouts is for True Men.

Sassy Gay Y-Wing Pilot

• Person Of Interest
  • This is Walter.
    • Awards
« Reply #5273 on: July 26, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »
+7
Double post for importance:

"I saw a sign today that called Breakfast "brekkie" and a piece of me died."

I too witnessed this sign in passage many moons ago and am now subjugated to the howling void.

You know what we must do, we must undertake a quest together to collect what was lost, yet remains rightfully ours.

I will journey the black mists of Avalon with you, you have my K120 keyboard.

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Generation Identitaire Deplorables Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Better dead than red old The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge Texan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #5274 on: August 01, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »
+7

I played from the time that I was basically old enough to walk until I was 16.  I played competitively beginning at 11. 

As for the reason why we can't field a world class team?  Because the US Soccer program is an utter fucking trainwreck.  The leadership cares nothing about fielding a good team.  They refuse to force the necessary changes at the youth levels and with the MLS to do it.  The way soccer is at the youth level is a nightmare for both parents and players.  For parents it's ungodly expensive such that you're spending upwards of $20k+ a year and for players it causes massive burnout because they are often involved with multiple teams, constantly travelling, and never have any breaks. 

The MLS sucks because it's not used as a national league like what the Euros do where a certain percentage are required to be American citizens.  Thus it's just caused the other CONCACAF nations to get better while not improving our own players.  Further, because it's socialized, there are no real stakes for any of the teams.  A team can remain terrible for years and it doesn't matter monetary wise.  We are trying the same method that we used for football here for our professional league and it doesn't work because soccer requires a setup more like baseball for it to work.  That is, many different levels of play where players can be booted back down if they aren't ready. 

The US almost always has one of the fittest and most athletic teams in the world.  Our players tend to be blazingly fast, quick, strong, and big.  Our problem is that our skills aren't up to par, our coaching is average at best, and the US Soccer program is probably the worst among the entire 1st world nations.