;

Author Topic: Adam Carolla says men are funnier than women, doesn't apologize, expands podcast  (Read 1979 times)

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Adam Carolla is asked who is funnier, men or women. Feminists freak out.

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/06/19/502463/adam-carolla-sexism-and-the-failure-of-the-hollywood-meritocracy/

Itís not like the pretense that Hollywood is a meritocracy is anything but torn to shreds, but really, Carolla is one of the most humiliating illustrations of its utter, miserable failure.

Carolla cited Tina Fey as an example of a funny woman. Let's take look at the writer's room over at 30 Rock.

Series Writing credits
Tina Fey       (124 episodes, 2006-2012)
Robert Carlock       (22 episodes, 2006-2012)
Jack Burditt       (16 episodes, 2006-2012)
Matt Hubbard       (15 episodes, 2007-2012)
Kay Cannon       (11 episodes, 2007-2012)
Ron Weiner       (11 episodes, 2007-2012)
John Riggi       (10 episodes, 2006-2012)
Tracey Wigfield       (7 episodes, 2009-2012)
Dylan Morgan       (6 episodes, 2009-2012)
Josh Siegal       (6 episodes, 2009-2012)
Vali Chandrasekaran       (6 episodes, 2010-2012)
Tom Ceraulo       (4 episodes, 2009-2012)
Brett Baer       (2 episodes, 2006-2007)
Dave Finkel       (2 episodes, 2006-2007)
Jon Pollack       (2 episodes, 2007-2009)
Tami Sagher       (2 episodes, 2007-2009)
Donald Glover       (2 episodes, 2008-2009)
Jon Haller       (2 episodes, 2010-2011)
Paula Pell       (2 episodes, 2010)
Luke Del Tredici       (2 episodes, 2012)

Fey, who has no motive to deny jobs to funny women, has hired mostly men to write for her show.

He has since talked about the controversy on his show and refused to apologize, stating that he believes what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8paxY8raI

Since not apologizing, his podcast has expanded to the TuneIn Radio app, making it easier for people to discover the real talk.

http://www.radio-info.com/news/adam-carolla-brings-his-family-of-comedy-podcasts-to-tunein

God bless that man.

wimpb

Carolla's point about not being told what to do is pretty important. He can say what he wants because he's not employed by some big corporation that shits its pants whenever lefties threaten them.

Glenn Beck got fired from Fox or whatever, but he started his own website and he's doing fairly well with that. I guess this sort of thing has been going on for a while, but there are a number of personalities and outlets now for people who don't fall in with the PC crowd.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
Carolla's point about not being told what to do is pretty important. He can say what he wants because he's not employed by some big corporation that shits its pants whenever lefties threaten them.

Glenn Beck got fired from Fox or whatever, but he started his own website and he's doing fairly well with that. I guess this sort of thing has been going on for a while, but there are a number of personalities and outlets now for people who don't fall in with the PC crowd.

Beck is still on the radio and is rumored to be signing a 5 year $100 million contract soon.

Thinking human beings shouldn't be surprised when they hear that entertainers who make a living by telling people what they want to hear are wildly popular.

GFR

• Unperson
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
Is anyone surprised that so called conservatives are just as easily led by propaganda as the left is? The only difference between the two sides of this coin is that one would tell you that they're the critical thinkers (hint: it's the side with the drum circles), while ignoring historical precedent.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:35:03 PM by Blanda Upp »

wimpb

It isn't surprising, but it's interesting to see how these personalities aren't really beholden to someone else's interest now. It used to be that the only way to get out there was with radio or TV which meant one of the big networks. I guess Beck is going into radio, but he's also got his site too (which is doing fairly well). I think it was Tucker Carlson who did a site as well - also quite popular.

GFR

• Unperson
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
It isn't surprising, but it's interesting to see how these personalities aren't really beholden to someone else's interest now. It used to be that the only way to get out there was with radio or TV which meant one of the big networks. I guess Beck is going into radio, but he's also got his site too (which is doing fairly well). I think it was Tucker Carlson who did a site as well - also quite popular.

Beck was a radio personality before he went into television.

wimpb

Going back into radio then. His site is doing pretty well if the radio gig doesn't work out for him.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards Classicist Arizona TNE Veteran The Gentry cold, dead hands Prepper For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Soldier Fascist Ave Maria
    • Awards
Beck also made a bit of money buying gold when it was $200 to $300 an ounce.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
Beck also made a bit of money buying gold when it was $200 to $300 an ounce.

I like that one song where he goes, "I got two turntables and a microphone."  I did not know he was business savvy too.