;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 334258 times)

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
Re: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy
« Reply #1625 on: October 15, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »
+8
Kotaku is defending lootboxes.

They're justifying it for all games because every game needs to be made at a cost of twenty thousand gorillion trump bucks or it's just not worth playing.

Sonic Mania actually ran sega under cost and out performed Sonic Forces which was a more expensive game. There's also games like Persona 5 and Ys which were properly budgeted.

Loot boxes are a sign of ineptitude.

Interesting note about Sonic Mania it outsold the SNES Classic for the deluxe edition alone.

You know, Jim Sterling, who's such a rabid leftist that he's a literal cuck, argues that lootboxes are very bad because they're predatory against anyone who has trouble controlling themselves with these gambling-style things.  Fair enough as far as SJW views go, but it's hilarious to me that Kotaku would be so blunt with their hypocrisy. They'd post an article about all the pros of lynching niggers if some major publisher developed a game about it, and post it right in between a couple of articles about how we need more ugly women in games.

DangerClose

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #1626 on: October 15, 2017, 09:07:30 PM »
+2
Kotaku is defending lootboxes.

They're justifying it for all games because every game needs to be made at a cost of twenty thousand gorillion trump bucks or it's just not worth playing.

Sonic Mania actually ran sega under cost and out performed Sonic Forces which was a more expensive game. There's also games like Persona 5 and Ys which were properly budgeted.

Loot boxes are a sign of ineptitude.

Interesting note about Sonic Mania it outsold the SNES Classic for the deluxe edition alone.

You know, Jim Sterling, who's such a rabid leftist that he's a literal cuck, argues that lootboxes are very bad because they're predatory against anyone who has trouble controlling themselves with these gambling-style things.  Fair enough as far as SJW views go, but it's hilarious to me that Kotaku would be so blunt with their hypocrisy. They'd post an article about all the pros of lynching niggers if some major publisher developed a game about it, and post it right in between a couple of articles about how we need more ugly women in games.
I have a hard time hating Jim as much as I do a lot of other shitty youtubers because he is appropriately vicious to shitty publishers and studios over legitimately shady and dumb shit. Also he does the youtube copyright traffic jam stuff where he mixes in multiple copyrighted materials so pretty much specifically Nintendo can't monetize his videos because he said the word Nintendo.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #1627 on: October 16, 2017, 06:25:08 AM »
+8
Sterling is at the apex of pathetic hypocrisy though. Morbidly obese stupid fuck married to another morbidly obese stupid fuck has no room whatsoever to speak on ethics or morality, on any level. He's also a true believer, which makes him stupider than the people outrageously lying and pretending to be something they're not for a moral high ground. I have slightly more respect for the cunts who merely use progressive dogma as a shield against criticism.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #1628 on: October 16, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »
+8
https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

More virtue signalling from Wolfenstein 2 devs. I'm sure all the dangerhair cunts and humanities faggots will rush out to buy your violent fps and play it religiously. So much good word of mouth from gamers!

Eh only fucking NAZIS would be offended by this (proceeds to equate millions of people with nazis).

Lol first comment:

"I don't even game and I might buy this fucking thing." (no he won't)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:03:43 AM by Franzo »

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #1629 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
+8

More virtue signalling from Wolfenstein 2 devs. I'm sure all the dangerhair cunts and humanities faggots will rush out to buy your violent fps and play it religiously. So much good word of mouth from gamers!

Eh only fucking NAZIS would be offended by this (proceeds to equate millions of people with nazis).

Lol first comment:

I got both New Order and Old Blood but I sure as hell ain't getting this piece of shit.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #1630 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »
+12

Lol first comment:

There's something very unsettling about 2017 capitalism intermixed with morals. We went from trying to reward companies that avoided sweatshop labor and we're "fair trade" with our business to swooning over corporations that vote Democrat.

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red Fascist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #1631 on: October 16, 2017, 09:15:26 AM »
+7

You should check his twitter page.

https://twitter.com/hellandreason

:aatrek:

WE HATE LIFE AND OURSELVES, WE CAN'T GOVERN

Yeah go Bolshevik Bills go! SMASH CAPITALISM!
°≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥°

Death Camp for Cutie

• Cishet White Male
  • Actual female
  • Awards Texan White Chick
    • Awards
« Reply #1632 on: October 16, 2017, 09:47:20 AM »
+9
The wolfenstein thing is depressing because wolf 3d was one of the first games my dad got and it came with this large strategy guide filled with lore and stories about the id software programmers and stuff. I don't think this new one is even made by id anymore?

it's also really weird that they used the wolfenstein name to make something about yet another dumb future world nazi satire thing which has been overused since the 70s and just really feels dumb and juvenile. wolf3d had some fantastical stuff but it was mainly grounded in a somewhat reality and was actually in a fucking castle named wolfenstein, not nazis invade the US in 1960 and have rayguns and have leather dominixtrixes and whatever retarded shit i saw from some trailer

none of these retards seem to be able to distinguish between "fun, subtly tongue in cheek" and "full blown whacky zany parody." the former worked the best and was everywhere in old computer games. the best example is duke nukem 2 to duke nukem 3d. im in a minority but i hated duke 3d because my dad got all those old sidescrollers and i used to play them all the time and the duke nukem character then was a subtle humorous action hero stereotype, and duke 3d took it till 100% into cringe town.

When is the apex to male manchild syndrome and when it really takes off? because it must be around 1996
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:50:47 AM by Death Camp for Cutie »

Cis Hetfield

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy
« Reply #1633 on: October 16, 2017, 09:59:30 AM »
+6
I have to wonder if MachineGames hired some bluehairs after New Order came out, or maybe they took some heat for having a strong white male protagonist who fantasized about killing all his enemies and starting a normal Christian American family.

The Old Blood threw up a red flag when one of the plot points revolved around reuniting a Jewish lesbian with her girlfriend.  Now you’re starting the new game with Blazkowitz’s pecker not working and rounding up a bunch of degens to fight the alt-right nazis, apparently.

I really hope this turns out to be a bunch of virtue signaling and the game doesn’t come off quite as strong, but I doubt it.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #1634 on: October 16, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
+7
the first act involves aiding some gay communist resistance group and portraying them as good guys.

I dunno if the game pulls the rug out form under you later and you wind up being able to kill both nazis and communists. But it would be a missed opportunity.

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #1635 on: October 16, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »
+9
The Wolfenstein remake was one of the best shooters I've played in recent time and I was really looking forward to the second. Now? Not so much...
Jesus Christ, I bet the next Doom game will have a gay daemon resistance or something. Imp was misunderstood.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #1636 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:27 PM »
+10

Lol first comment:

There's something very unsettling about 2017 capitalism intermixed with morals. We went from trying to reward companies that avoided sweatshop labor and we're "fair trade" with our business to swooning over corporations that vote Democrat.

Clown World + Globalism. I'm increasingly buying into the theory that a whole lot of leftist progressive crap is driven by companies to rake in shekels from rubes who want everyone and everything to signal to them in agreement at all times rather than them suddenly and genuinely buying into gay shit.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1637 on: October 16, 2017, 03:21:29 PM »
+6

Lol first comment:

I agree, because it guarantees you're going to end up with a substandard product.  It's obvious to us, but hiring creators based on identity politics over talent means you'll end up like Rick & Morty and Ghostbusters '16, with your product being developed by inexperienced assholes who care more about pushing their politics and fighting boogeymen online over trying to make the best entertainment they possibly can. 

I remember how Ghostbusters '16 was marketed, which was fairly similar to Hillary Clinton's campaign: both had an undertone of "if you don't see this movie/vote Clinton, you hate women and are a misogynist.  Fuck you, come see the movie/vote for Clinton to prove you're not a bigoted women hating creeper hate-filled nazi".  No good reasons to see Ghostbusters or vote Clinton were ever really put forefront, and both ended up flopping.  The assumption of both was that American men are very wimpy and subservient, and can be pushed around as such.  Which may be true for the eternally guilt tripped, self-hating Californian cucks, but not so much for anyone out of their bubble.  Rick & Morty Season 3 wasn't really marketed like that, but midway through the season, the original writers took offense to criticism by labeling anyone who had criticism for the new season a misogynist.  "Was it bad because we had inexperienced writers hired because of they're women? No! The negative response must be because just so many people hate women!"

If I were an investor in Wolfenstein II, I would be fucking livid. Wolfenstein II is going to inevitably be bad.  It's gonna be another one of those games on Metacritic that gets astronomical critic scores, but terrible user scores, and some random game journalist that gives it like an 8/10 is going to have their name drug through the mud and called a literal Nazi.  Hell, the Steam page features an $80 "Digital Deluxe Edition" with absolutely no description as to what's actually in it.

Oh well.  At least The New Order was good.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:51:55 AM by The Elephants Asshole »

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #1638 on: October 16, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »
I just started watching Rick & Morty and am in the 2nd episode of season 2. Does it go to shit with SJW nonsense at some point?

So far, it's just regular adult-humor cartoon fun.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #1639 on: October 16, 2017, 03:44:50 PM »
+4
I just started watching Rick & Morty and am in the 2nd episode of season 2. Does it go to shit with SJW nonsense at some point?

Not SJW, just waaaaaaay up its own ass.

For example, this is a fairly typical scene in the third season:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXeHe80030" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXeHe80030</a>

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1640 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
+5
It has some moderately interesting world/universe building, but the second episode about Jerry's father being a cuckold (and being shamed for not being okay with that) should have been enough of a warning.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1641 on: October 16, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
+7
It has some moderately interesting world/universe building, but the second episode about Jerry's father being a cuckold (and being shamed for not being okay with that) should have been enough of a warning.
Rick and Morty is just this decades Futurama(with a base of Back to the Future instead of Star Trek.) Its a clever but dumb show that uses Scfi as its excuse for everything. The best episode actually is the Pickle Rick episode because it is both completely off the wall bonkers but also deconstructs Ricks character and all but directly says that Rick is evil and is tearing his family apart. But fans miss the point and instead scream memes and give themselves in points of 3675467. Fans fucking ruin everything! :parsons:
His name was Harry Anderson

armchair nazi

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #1642 on: October 16, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »
+4
lol this naughty dog guy is starting to look like a straight scam artist

It was clear to Ballard’s co-workers that he was upset during his final months at Naughty Dog, those three sources said, and they said his self-acknowledged mental breakdown was clear to everyone at the studio. But people who worked with Ballard said they had thought it was the result of Naughty Dog’s long hours and high-pressure culture.
In early 2016, the situation worsened, and Naughty Dog employees confirm that, as Ballard said on Twitter, he had a difficult mental breakdown. Some of Ballard’s troubles became more widely known in late February of that year after he sent a hostile e-mail to a tech artist that was CCed to everyone at the company, two people said. Various rumors circulated at the studio and the situation was escalated from Naughty Dog’s internal human resources department to Sony’s HR.

yep, just casual CCing the entire company on an angry email sent to some artist, definitely a very stable individual who would never make anything up after being out of work for 17 months

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #1643 on: October 16, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »
+1
I don't get how naughtydog can be a high pressure environment when the majority of stuff they produce now are extremely limited in fashion. Outside of cinematic animations the actual gameplay mechanics for all their recent games are incredibly simplistic.

You have second/third rate studios like Gust that have produced far more larger and stylized environments than what ND has been doing. ND can create a bunch of high quality assets for a scene but all the scenes and levels are incredibly small. I've played through Uncharted 1-3 and TLOU and you maybe only had one level each where it wasn't some type of corridor with limited movement. You can also relate this to recent games like Horizon where they have far more larger environments with just as much detail but the player character has a wider range of movement and the world itself is far far bigger.

People have told me to skip Uncharted 4 because of how boring it is

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #1644 on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:26 PM »
+3
Clown World + Globalism. I'm increasingly buying into the theory that a whole lot of leftist progressive crap is driven by companies to rake in shekels from rubes who want everyone and everything to signal to them in agreement at all times rather than them suddenly and genuinely buying into gay shit.

Hello fellow goyim! Oy vey those Nazis sure are evil and they are all around you in your communities at this very moment. You don't want anudda shoah, do you goyim? Of course not! That is why you NEED to buy this video game immediately!

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1645 on: October 16, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »
+5
I don't get how naughtydog can be a high pressure environment when the majority of stuff they produce now are extremely limited in fashion. Outside of cinematic animations the actual gameplay mechanics for all their recent games are incredibly simplistic.

You have second/third rate studios like Gust that have produced far more larger and stylized environments than what ND has been doing. ND can create a bunch of high quality assets for a scene but all the scenes and levels are incredibly small. I've played through Uncharted 1-3 and TLOU and you maybe only had one level each where it wasn't some type of corridor with limited movement. You can also relate this to recent games like Horizon where they have far more larger environments with just as much detail but the player character has a wider range of movement and the world itself is far far bigger.

People have told me to skip Uncharted 4 because of how boring it is
For some people high pressure environment means there are deadlines and people are expected to work. Not sure if this is the case here or not.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1646 on: October 17, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »
+1
The fuck has Naughty Dog made besides Uncharted, Last of Us, and Crash Bandicoot?
His name was Harry Anderson

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1647 on: October 17, 2017, 07:08:03 AM »
+1
The fuck has Naughty Dog made besides Uncharted, Last of Us, and Crash Bandicoot?

Well aside from those 3 massive fucking franchises, one of which has been around about 20 years, there’s also Jak & Daxter and a little gem called Way of the Warrior.

https://youtu.be/-_Ya4mSkDMI

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #1648 on: October 17, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
+1
I really can't call TLOU a franchise. Sequel is MIA and the only other thing it has is gay multiplayer that will forever deny me the platinum and also a short DLC segment that came packaged with the remaster.

It's like calling Horizon Zero Dawn a franchise, it's just a single game. Usually around the second or third game is when the word franchise gets thrown around. It took Zelda 3 games to become that since Zelda II was vastly different from 1.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #1649 on: October 17, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »
+5
lol this naughty dog guy is starting to look like a straight scam artist

It was clear to Ballard’s co-workers that he was upset during his final months at Naughty Dog, those three sources said, and they said his self-acknowledged mental breakdown was clear to everyone at the studio. But people who worked with Ballard said they had thought it was the result of Naughty Dog’s long hours and high-pressure culture.
In early 2016, the situation worsened, and Naughty Dog employees confirm that, as Ballard said on Twitter, he had a difficult mental breakdown. Some of Ballard’s troubles became more widely known in late February of that year after he sent a hostile e-mail to a tech artist that was CCed to everyone at the company, two people said. Various rumors circulated at the studio and the situation was escalated from Naughty Dog’s internal human resources department to Sony’s HR.

yep, just casual CCing the entire company on an angry email sent to some artist, definitely a very stable individual who would never make anything up after being out of work for 17 months

Counterpoint -- the guy was surrounded by SJWs at work every day and if we have learned anything about male SJWs, it's that there is a very high preponderance of sexual predators in that group.  So I'm inclined to believe him and even if he is making it up -- fuck 'em.   Just about everyone at Naughty Dog is probably a "listen and believe" type.