;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 294499 times)

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
Re: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy
« Reply #2450 on: February 20, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »
This is why Kingdom Come Deliverance has succeeded

This is from Ubisoft

The whole point if playing through historical periods is accuracy, even if it's taken liberties with the main character like Assassain's Creed. The surrounding world and everything in it should be accurate. Having the main character be somewhat different is OK because it's the player character because that's how you the player interact with the world. But don't start altering the world from a specific time period in an attempt to modernize it. The whole point is you want to experience something that's not modern.

If you set you game in Rome don't have things like half the roman senate be women because that never happened. Or having things like a Roman feminist group, shit just looks fucking awkward.

Am I just delusional or hasn't there always been games with female protagonists? Why is this an issue? I can name so many female protagonist games off the top of my head - Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Xenosaga, FFX-2 (I know people said it sucked by I enjoyed it), FF13, FF6, Devil May Cry 2, Alone in the Dark, Mirror's Edge, Metroid, Silent Hill 3, Seiken Densetsu 3. It took me 2 seconds to come up with just a few that I've played. I distinctly remember more than half of the games I played growing up having female protagonists. Do these people have Alzheimer's?

Have these people never heard of Touhou - you know, that game with an all female cast of over 100 girls:

None of those count.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #2451 on: February 20, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »
+6
Yeah none of those count because they don't receive a gorillion dollars to have their image plastered everywhere around times square and play every 30 seconds on TV.

These fags don't get that people who play games tend to fuck off into their own little hovels, we don't look to be noticed when playing. Everyone has their own little sectors to dick around in. Nobody is looking to be part of a fucking movement, the majority of good word stuff still happens by word of mouth. I mean look at how battlefront II was brought down as well as mass Effect 2 by being total pieces of shit and jilted the people who played the originals. There's never been like a unified front that these people are expecting or some sort of monolithic fandom entity.

Fucking girls can play fucking games, nobody is stopping them from buying a copy of Trails of Cold Steel or Monster Hunter. Order them off of Amazon you don't even need to go to a store.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:23:50 PM by a torrent of piss »

Cock Me Amadeus

• Unperson
  • Say it to my Face.
  • Awards Took down a Moderator Prepper Better dead than red United Statesian Lutheran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Sins of the Puppet Master
    • Awards
« Reply #2452 on: February 20, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
+3
Yeah none of those count because they don't receive a gorillion dollars to have their image plastered everywhere around times square and play every 30 seconds on TV.

These fags don't get that people who play games tend to fuck off into their own little hovels, we don't look to be noticed when playing. Everyone has their own little sectors to dick around in. Nobody is looking to be part of a fucking movement, the majority of good word stuff still happens by word of mouth. I mean look at how battlefront II was brought down as well as mass Effect 2 by being total pieces of shit and jilted the people who played the originals. There's never been like a unified front that these people are expecting or some sort of monolithic fandom entity.

Fucking girls can play fucking games, nobody is stopping them from buying a copy of Trails of Cold Steel or Monster Hunter. Order them off of Amazon you don't even need to go to a store.

Yeah, I don't understand the "I can't physically identify with this playable character because they don't resemble me!" mentality.  All the games I mentioned can be ordered off Amazon for probably under $10, too. And all 16+ Touhou games are FREE. There you go, a *gasp* cis male who puts his own time and money into making all female cast games for people to enjoy for free. But you'll never hear about that.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2453 on: February 20, 2018, 11:15:21 PM »
I've only played Touhou Genso Rondo, I have copies of Genso Wanderer and Double Focus but I haven't played those yet. Been trying to find a guide for Wanderer since it's a roguelike with randomly generated dungeons. None seem to exist.

BigDiggerNick

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #2454 on: February 21, 2018, 12:04:02 AM »
+11
Am I just delusional or hasn't there always been games with female protagonists? Why is this an issue? I can name so many female protagonist games off the top of my head - Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Xenosaga, FFX-2 (I know people said it sucked by I enjoyed it), FF13, FF6, Devil May Cry 2, Alone in the Dark, Mirror's Edge, Metroid, Silent Hill 3, Seiken Densetsu 3. It took me 2 seconds to come up with just a few that I've played. I distinctly remember more than half of the games I played growing up having female protagonists. Do these people have Alzheimer's?

Have these people never heard of Touhou - you know, that game with an all female cast of over 100 girls:

These type of people conveniently forget about all the games with female leads for two main reasons, the first and foremost being that they wouldn't have anything to bitch about, the second reason ties into the first and that is to pretend that their bitching is making "progress." See all those click bait articles that came out last year around E3 about how "there are more female characters now then ever before wow!!!!" When in reality there were less female leads in games presented that year compared to the previous year. Not to mention the fact that even if the games coming out had mostly female playable characters these people would move on to the next thing to bitch about, pic related:

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old cold, dead hands Seaman (lol) Ave Maria Lithuanian Better dead than red Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #2455 on: February 21, 2018, 07:55:01 AM »
+6
100 female characters and not a single POC. :ultlibrage:

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2456 on: February 21, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »
+20
This comic is at least two years old:

Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2457 on: February 21, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »
+4
fags were talking about how early 90's videogames had no POCs

I guess they were referring to the jump from 8 to 16 bit, 8 bit games you were lucky if you could tell what you were controlling. Things got better the further they went along, but shit like Dragon Quest, Zelda, and Final Fantasy did not have the most intricate details for their player characters. Then again those are all Japanese games and it stands that the characters were Japanese.

NES mario's skin tone was green. 16 bit games the sprites got better but it wasn't until playstation and n64 could you have very intricate sprites where you could make very fine details for the character. Just look at Princess Crown, Symphony of the Night, Suikoden 1 and 2, Guardian heroes, Marvel vs Capcom, Dark Stalkers.

Hell you can't even fit Sonic Mania on a Genesis Cart because the layered sprites in the game take up too much room and the character animations are more expressive too.

Having well defined heavily detailed 3d characters really wasn't a thing until the PS2 era. Early 3d games were blocky as hell. These fags sound like spoiled children.

Look at the original Resident Evil's textures, all the textures were blurry or grainy. Any type of character really had no well defined face because the game had heavy limitations, you could only tell a minority character by the color of their skin tone which left out every other nationality that wasn't black or indian. The only games that had very intricate character models were fighting games because the characters had to take up large portions of the screen. But every other genre including action games like Tomb Raider were very limited in their character representations due to the levels being huge for their time.

Like it wasn't uncommon for arms to be an entirely separate model detached from the body because they couldn't make the polygon's bend in the right way if the character had to move their arm up. This was how limited things were.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:27:12 PM by a torrent of piss »

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #2458 on: February 21, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
+12
MovieBlob is just fucking sad. The fat cunt had one talent and that was his Autism and the ability to make entertaining movie reviews. He gained popularity, did something autistic about pop culture, but was ok...
Then Gaymergate came along and he slit his own throat on the altar of social justice, was fired by the escapist and is scraping away at patreon donations to stay afloat.
He still didn't get a taste of pussy for his efforts...

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #2459 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »
+13
Why is anyone passionate about something that stupid.  The game isn't even racist against blacks.  It simply takes place in a time and setting in which blacks weren't present. 

What a weirdo.

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #2460 on: February 21, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »
+19
It simply takes place in a time and setting in which blacks weren't present.

also known as The Good Old Days

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2461 on: February 21, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
+5
MovieBlob is just fucking sad. The fat cunt had one talent and that was his Autism and the ability to make entertaining movie reviews. He gained popularity, did something autistic about pop culture, but was ok...
Then Gaymergate came along and he slit his own throat on the altar of social justice, was fired by the escapist

Wait, really?   Hahahahahaha, that place is an SJW breeding ground and even they couldn't stand him

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2462 on: February 21, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
+3
fags were talking about how early 90's videogames had no POCs

I guess they were referring to the jump from 8 to 16 bit, 8 bit games you were lucky if you could tell what you were controlling. Things got better the further they went along, but shit like Dragon Quest, Zelda, and Final Fantasy did not have the most intricate details for their player characters. Then again those are all Japanese games and it stands that the characters were Japanese.

NES mario's skin tone was green. 16 bit games the sprites got better but it wasn't until playstation and n64 could you have very intricate sprites where you could make very fine details for the character. Just look at Princess Crown, Symphony of the Night, Suikoden 1 and 2, Guardian heroes, Marvel vs Capcom, Dark Stalkers.

Hell you can't even fit Sonic Mania on a Genesis Cart because the layered sprites in the game take up too much room and the character animations are more expressive too.

Having well defined heavily detailed 3d characters really wasn't a thing until the PS2 era. Early 3d games were blocky as hell. These fags sound like spoiled children.

Look at the original Resident Evil's textures, all the textures were blurry or grainy. Any type of character really had no well defined face because the game had heavy limitations, you could only tell a minority character by the color of their skin tone which left out every other nationality that wasn't black or indian. The only games that had very intricate character models were fighting games because the characters had to take up large portions of the screen. But every other genre including action games like Tomb Raider were very limited in their character representations due to the levels being huge for their time.

Like it wasn't uncommon for arms to be an entirely separate model detached from the body because they couldn't make the polygon's bend in the right way if the character had to move their arm up. This was how limited things were.

Well, another thing was how most of the games anyone remembers from the 80's and 90's were Japanese, which have always been racially homogeneous because they don't have a bunch of retards who spend their lives whining about race. There just weren't many American studios or developers making games at the time, with one aspect as to why being fake news. 

The fake news that taught braindead soccer moms about how games were evil, and how their kids would grow up to become violent murderers from playing Doom and Mortal Kombat, and conflating that with all video games. Incidentally, the same fake news that today tries to tell us about how all white men are rapists, how guns need to be banned, and how Obama was a messiah.

There were other aspects to the weak market, like how personal computers weren't popular in America, Nintendo's own extreme set of rules, things like that.  But even still, there were plenty of examples of nigras in the very limited number of American games released at the time.  Maniac Mansion and Smash TV immediately come to mind.  Here's an even tougher challenge: How many American games were even released on Nintendo or Sega consoles during the 8 & 16-bit eras, that both didn't use a license and didn't have a cast of non-humans?  Excluding games where you don't see the player character, like racing games.  I'm sure over half of those had a nigra in them.

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2463 on: February 21, 2018, 08:24:48 PM »
+8
If Movieblob joined and tried to read my post, he would shit his pants and fall on the floor into the fetal position and cry because Twitter is for simple-minded faggots who can't handle reading more than a couple of sentences.

Trump is there too for some reason

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #2464 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:42 PM »
+4
Then Gaymergate came along and he slit his own throat on the altar of social justice, was fired by the escapist and is scraping away at patreon donations to stay afloat.
He still didn't get a taste of pussy for his efforts...

The only thing I ever found interesting about bob was his book: Mario 3: Brick by Brick

It reads like a house of leaves esque horror novel where bob's damaged mind comes to life in journal form.

My favourite bit is where he admits that he had to wait outside his parents' house in his car until everyone was asleep so they didn't have to look at him while he lived there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:39:38 AM by open-source jihad »

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
    • Awards
« Reply #2465 on: February 21, 2018, 10:30:28 PM »
+1
Then Gaymergate came along and he slit his own throat on the altar of social justice, was fired by the escapist

Wait, really?   Hahahahahaha, that place is an SJW breeding ground and even they couldn't stand him
I don't know about that, The Escapist drove off their SJW pricks and now basically have the one man show that is Yahtzee.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2466 on: February 22, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
+12
Why is anyone passionate about something that stupid.  The game isn't even racist against blacks.  It simply takes place in a time and setting in which blacks weren't present. 

What a weirdo.
Because absence is a sign of hatred now.

Everything must look like the Burger King Kids Club and have all the boxes checked or it's racist paraphernalia.

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2467 on: February 22, 2018, 07:27:47 PM »
+5

I don't know about that, The Escapist drove off their SJW pricks and now basically have the one man show that is Yahtzee.

Yahtzee might as well buy The Escapist at this point, they're as reliant on him for traffic as Twitter is to Donald Trump. 

Not that Yahtzee's very good anymore, though.  He's slipped at least one piece of frustrated cuck commentary into almost every episode of Zero Punctuation since clown world started, and that's always a sign of someone who's slowly becoming more and more of a luddite. Something tells me if he weren't such a private person, he'd have a great KiwiFarms article on him. Speaking of which, I wonder whatever happened to Mana Bar, why he never went independent despite being so popular, and how he's autistically never missed a single Wednesday into his 11th year of ZP.   There's probably some hilarious cringe on him out there somewhere, the guy's literally a fedora wearer after all.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #2468 on: February 22, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »
+2

Yahtzee might as well buy The Escapist at this point, they're as reliant on him for traffic as Twitter is to Donald Trump. 

Not that Yahtzee's very good anymore, though.  He's slipped at least one piece of frustrated cuck commentary into almost every episode of Zero Punctuation since clown world started, and that's always a sign of someone who's slowly becoming more and more of a luddite. Something tells me if he weren't such a private person, he'd have a great KiwiFarms article on him. Speaking of which, I wonder whatever happened to Mana Bar, why he never went independent despite being so popular, and how he's autistically never missed a single Wednesday into his 11th year of ZP.   There's probably some hilarious cringe on him out there somewhere, the guy's literally a fedora wearer after all.

Try reading fullyramblomatic, yahtzee's blog before he got famous.
(It's the "old site" link on his fullyramblomatic blogspot)

It's ocasionally very funny and occasionally a very sad insight into his mind.

He also had an account on SA and got ran off IIRC so maybe there's some archives of it but I don't have search so IDK.

IIRC. The "cringiest" IRL shit that happened to him is some bad blood with the rest of his family (or at least his parents) tha'ts why he moved to brisbane.
Yahtzee seems to be smart enough to have mostly kept out of trouble IRL and not divulged too much personal info so I can't think of much else but that blog is long and probably has more gold than I've already seen.

E: Here's a choice quote from back when he lived with his parents

Quote from: Yahtzee
(LINK)
Let me try to describe the situation I am in at the moment.

I'm sitting in this little computer room in my parents' house which I am so desperate to move out of, typing up this update. To my left is the sofa that used to be in the living room on which a pile of clothes and human wreckage which calls itself a friend of my brother's is trying to sleep. I, meanwhile, have cranked up my MP3 playlist to shut out the world. I don't want to write too much about how much I loathe my brother and his abhorrent chums. Let me just say that the only thing that stops me from brutally stabbing him to death in a frenzied orgy of destruction is the knowledge that prison attire really doesn't suit me.

My dear sibling and his rowdy chums were doing their thing in the house last night, and are now sleeping it off, leaving my parents and I to try to establish, Holmes-like, exactly what took place over that fateful night.

DOUBLE EDIT:

His old games are p cringy.

Skip to the chzo mythos if you want to get to the good stuff. He developed the final game with the help of SA and Trilby is a really fucking embarassing character.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:15:56 PM by open-source jihad »

You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2469 on: February 22, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »
+3
Yoko Taro has promised that he will violently beat and dismember his staff(instead of just firing them) if they fail to deliver a far more perfect ass than 2B's for the next Nier game.

He's debating on what to call it, Nier 3, Nier Cubed, Nier Automata 2, or Nier with another subtitle. He says the pre-production is about 35% done with some finalized designs but he wants the world to be bigger with larger varieties of enemies and environments.

He's unsure if the first game will ever be re-released because he doesn't trust himself to oversee it because he would want to change many things.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:02:56 PM by a torrent of piss »

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #2470 on: February 22, 2018, 10:54:43 PM »
+6
Add some MLP into that and I think we'll have the ultimate ATOP post.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2471 on: February 22, 2018, 11:07:40 PM »
Add some MLP into that and I think we'll have the ultimate ATOP post.
Baka gaijin the unofficial MLP game was officially released on steam this week.

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
    • Awards
« Reply #2472 on: February 23, 2018, 12:24:15 AM »
+4
You know, Yatzhee is pretty low on my cuck radar.. He's obviously got some issues as mentioned in his blog, but fuck it, he's not preaching bullshit everywhere like a dramawhore, and he's smart enough to keep his private life fairly private. For all we know he could spank it to videos of chimps, but as long as he's not trying to force everyone to accept that as normal and healthy, I couldn't give a shit.
ZP is pretty tired by now, but hey! He's not turned it into the SJW weekly, and has been pretty critical of clownworld since the whole gaymergate thing started.

Speaking of gaymergate...the wikipedia article is a bunch of lies and half truths...

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #2473 on: February 23, 2018, 01:52:13 AM »
Yahtzee seems to be more like a Mister Metokur type of guy who takes a stab at anyone when the situation presents itself. A somewhat nihilistic and cynical person with a good sense of humour.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2474 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:43 AM »
+2
I skimmed but it sounds like Yahtzee’s brother was a degenerate chav that strained the already schetchy situation he had with his parents. Yahtzee just choose to dress it up in colorful language that today would probably put him on a watch list.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:49:50 PM by The Watcher »
His name was Harry Anderson