;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 280206 times)

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420
    • Awards
Re: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy
« Reply #2525 on: March 12, 2018, 11:10:43 PM »
+9
Oh god I went to the local tabletop game store and I witnessed an argument between two hipsters and 4 actual table top players because the hipsters found the table top players language to be problematic and apparently interrupted their match.

They're spreading, they're going to fuck up tabletop gaming now, it's really gonna happen.  :myecred:

And I thought having the store's resident autistic kid/rules lawyer drop in on your D&D session was bad enough.

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2526 on: March 13, 2018, 03:09:52 AM »
+7
No one should be shocked that based Arby’s was an act of marketing not love, I wish I was smart and cruel enough to turn naïveté into fraud money. Once I think the world has reached peak jaded, nope there’s still a million saps out there.

Hipsters vs. tabletop nerds is like a really bad YouTube series, it’s two things you hate and can’t wait to see the two sides just rip each other part like savages so you can smille at the lumpy piles left behind, but then you remember both sides are a bunch of fucking losers and sissy slapfights are never that satisfying.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #2527 on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:17 AM »
+4
I know one of the guys at the store is called Batman because both his parents died and left him with a huge inheritance. Then there's Gabe who wears shorts, flip flops and a hoodie no matter what the weather is, hates his sister with a passion because she's a jewish lesbian activist, he claims he hates all gays by proxy because of how terrible his sister is, massive massive chip on his shoulder to say the least. There's the big fat guy ben who's really into alex jones and apparently photography. So yeah these are the types of people who play the games seriously. They're not the touchy feely crowd.

Spazzard

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran old Wounded in the line of posting. Bah Jaysus! Artist
    • Awards
« Reply #2528 on: March 14, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »
+8
I know one of the guys at the store is called Batman because both his parents died and left him with a huge inheritance. Then there's Gabe who wears shorts, flip flops and a hoodie no matter what the weather is, hates his sister with a passion because she's a jewish lesbian activist, he claims he hates all gays by proxy because of how terrible his sister is, massive massive chip on his shoulder to say the least. There's the big fat guy ben who's really into alex jones and apparently photography. So yeah these are the types of people who play the games seriously. They're not the touchy feely crowd.

Only time I've ever been to one of those places was about ten years ago, looking for some Matte Black Spraypaint at the last minute for an exhibition space me and my ex were running...and it was the only place open later than 6 in the City Centre. She was with me, went up to the greasy nerd behind the counter and said, "do you have matte Black acrylic Spraypaint?" The nerd was freaked out that a girl was even talking to him, and just stumbled out : "I believe the lady means Chaos Black!" Then got all sweaty trying to ring it up, complemented her on her shitty band T shirt that was clearly just being used as a painting workshirt, and then circled his name on the till receipt. Was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2530 on: March 14, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »
Apparently Atlus fucking up the Persona Dancing Models for 3 and 5 was not the fault of any complaints or any sort of political activists.

It's just that they hired literal womanlet skeletons who were the mocap actors and the 3d models are all entirely new which is why all the girls have no ass or boobs because they had to conform it to the mocap data.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2531 on: March 16, 2018, 12:26:29 AM »
+1
Playing Touhou Kubuto V and this fucking game is supposed to be a fighter but it has zero instructions on the inputs and move sets, it doesn't even have a traning stage or tutorial, hell it doesn';t even have an instruction booklet digital or otherwise. There's also cooldown timers for moves so you can't repeatedly punch and once you down an opponent with a combo they become invincible for a few seconds so they can get up and attack you. I haven't been able to clear arcade mode with a character yet because even if i get close you could be one shot by the enemy and there seems to be zero way to block it. Meanwhile the enemy AI all has infinite homing attacks and performs perfect dodges every time you try and get close.

Also the balancing is way the fuck off and half the roster has one hit kills while the other doesn't.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:28:31 AM by a torrent of piss »

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2532 on: March 16, 2018, 03:01:24 AM »
+15
Fagmins pls rename thread to 888 ATOP autist animu games diarrhea.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2533 on: March 16, 2018, 05:45:25 AM »
+1
I'm surprised Conan Exiles is getting an actual release date in may and they're ballsy enough to be charging full price for the game.

I'm also surprised that nobody is bitching about the nudity being kept in.

It looks broken as hell and the release date is not enough time to fix it from now until then. It's a similar situation like when Ark was released on consoles. Game is loaded with bugs and it still is, however it's also the most stable version of the game and won't go offline forever since there's supposed to be a single player mode as well.

I would say that I wanna see the trophy requirements because they could tack on multiplayer bullshit, however someone just recently figured out how to resurrect old and discontinued online games that ran off of PSN, Bulletstorm was the first of these unofficial server revivals and all the PSN features work. This could also mean that unofficial servers can be done on PS4 since the online components share similar architecture/structure. You could in theory run a private server from your own PC while the playstation is connected online and you would essentially be the server GM of your own game while also playing it.

This could end all multiplayer trophy grievances by instantly granting them or setting up scenarios where they trigger with little to no effort. The other ones that are being worked on are all sports games since they and Bulletstorm are all EA games.

Mind you all the people working on these things are men and autists of the highest caliber. No one single female bothered with the code breaking.

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2534 on: March 16, 2018, 06:45:08 AM »
+9
Fagmins pls rename thread to 888 ATOP autist animu games diarrhea.

Done

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #2535 on: March 16, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »
+2
As someone who was dumb enough to buy Conan Exiles when it was like 20 bucks in EA (I have the BEST OF LUCK with EA titles!), all I can say is "lol"
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2536 on: March 16, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
+8
Your all fags and I can scientifically prove it.  :freud:

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Unperson
  • Buffering Outrage
  • Awards cold, dead hands Boy Scout Artist Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #2537 on: March 16, 2018, 05:17:54 PM »
+7

maybe, but my 99.9% straight side regularly drags the other 0.1% behind a truck

Apparently Atlus fucking up the Persona Dancing Models for 3 and 5 was not the fault of any complaints or any sort of political activists.

It's just that they hired literal womanlet skeletons who were the mocap actors and the 3d models are all entirely new which is why all the girls have no ass or boobs because they had to conform it to the mocap data.

That's not how mocap data works.  It's entirely possible to have a man mocap for women, or strange hairy men play tiny hairless hobbits.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2538 on: March 16, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »
+1

maybe, but my 99.9% straight side regularly drags the other 0.1% behind a truck

That's not how mocap data works.  It's entirely possible to have a man mocap for women, or strange hairy men play tiny hairless hobbits.

Yes I know but that's not how good mocap works. Look at Polar Express they used adult mocap data for 3d models of children and shit just looks way way off. Kids don't move like adults. Atlus built the models around the mocap points which is the way the project diva games do it. It's noticeable when the characters don't keep their proportions or already have pre-established proportions.

Notice for planet of the apes all the mocap data has the actor hero models move in ways a human does not normally do which is why they hired character actors. However humans couldn't move in 100% of the way apes do, this is also why some of the apes like Caesar have slightly more human proportions. They did stick mocap shit on real trained apes in much the same way mocap for horses and dogs are captured, but apes can't really stand and move in such a fashion because their skeletal structure doesn't allow it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:22:32 PM by a torrent of piss »

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420
    • Awards
« Reply #2539 on: March 16, 2018, 10:19:44 PM »
+2

They must really want to catch that new strain of resistant AIDS really bad. 

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2540 on: March 16, 2018, 10:24:06 PM »

They must really want to catch that new strain of resistant AIDS really bad.
Yeah that's been a bit of a laugh because they're now all "afraid"/wishing that Trump is going to deport all the gays into concentration camps just like he's doing tot all the mexicans because the strain could become airborne which means you have a bunch of fags now working themselves up to anhero themselves which means a bunch of secret service are going to be paid overtime for visiting people's houses.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #2541 on: March 18, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »
+5
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/975473260866473984

Blizzard orders Overwatch player to remove pepe from birthday tweet.  The rarest of all pepes.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2542 on: March 18, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »
+8
FAGS FAGGING FAGGILY

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:05:50 PM by Aran »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2543 on: March 18, 2018, 07:40:55 PM »
+5
So the death of toysrus has sparked a whole fuckton of weird shit.

Kaybee toys is actually coming back.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=30792

They're apparently not only going to fill part of the hole that toysrus left but they're going to be competing with gamestop. This could be interesting because Gamestop has stood uncontested for a long time and it's led to the stores becoming shit because of stagnation. Kaybee used to have a fairly sizeable games section in the stores and would routinely stock hard to find items in big quantities. They never got to implement their trade in program, but their games section was larger than walmart's, target's and bestbuy's.

Everything would be behind the counter in one of those wall cases in order to save room, but it would be the go to place to find rare games.

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2544 on: March 18, 2018, 10:16:45 PM »
+5
it seems like every day i come across a dumber thinkpiece than the day before

How video games are fuelling the rise of the far right

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/12/video-games-fuel-rise-far-right-violent-misogynist

Gaming cultures are connected to violence – but should be considered in terms of the rise of far right political discourse and the prominence of “alt-right” misogyny and racism.

:jesse:

First, rightwing ideologies have been overrepresented and dominant throughout the history of video games. Although affected by context, video games have long focused on the expulsion of “aliens” (Space Invaders to XCOM), fear of impure infection (Half-Life to The Last of Us), border control (Missile Commander to Plants vs Zombies), territory acquisition (Command & Conquer to Splatoon), empire building (Civilization to Tropico), princess recovery (Mario to Zelda), and restoration of natural harmony (Sonic to FarmVille).

Second, video games put the user to work on an instinctual level, making the gamer feel impulsive agreement with these ideologies.

:lolno:

Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #2545 on: March 18, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »
+6
"Princess recovery" is ideologically right wing? 

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2546 on: March 18, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
+8
of course if you only played video games you would think that Africa is less advanced because of the highly inaccurate representations of the continent in all video games

Americas Most Trusted News Source

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2547 on: March 18, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »
+5
ResetERA, keeping its users safe from The Bad Video Games

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #2548 on: March 18, 2018, 10:38:53 PM »
+5
First, rightwing ideologies have been overrepresented and dominant throughout the history of video games. Although affected by context, video games have long focused on the expulsion of “aliens” (Space Invaders to XCOM), fear of impure infection (Half-Life to The Last of Us), border control (Missile Commander to Plants vs Zombies), territory acquisition (Command & Conquer to Splatoon), empire building (Civilization to Tropico), princess recovery (Mario to Zelda), and restoration of natural harmony (Sonic to FarmVille).

Second, video games put the user to work on an instinctual level, making the gamer feel impulsive agreement with these ideologies.

Third, *FARTZZZ*

:goon:

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2549 on: March 18, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
+7

Third, *FARTZZZ*

:goon:

See this shit right here is a good argument against higher education. America's "institutions of higher learning" churn out zillions of unqualified, pseudo-intellectual chucklefucks every year who've been pandered to and told that they're important and it's their right and duty to change the world for the better. There's realistically no way they all can do that so instead you get frustrated, pathetic man children who churn out drivel like this for (probably) sub-minimum wage. Of course the graduate doesn't realize that vidya is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things, because he was never encouraged to broaden his horizons in college, instead he was taught a load of marxist agitprop telling him he needs to micromanage peoples lives, down to the level of something as insignificant as vidya. Also, fartz.