;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 296693 times)

Americas Most Trusted News Source

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #2775 on: April 23, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
+3
Either way this seems stupidly easy to do and the possibilities for a homebrew/emulation portable like this seem very promising so I'm considering grabbing a used one from Gamestop with some saved up credit and running the exploit on that one since Nintendo got very big on console bans at the end of the 3DS lifespan and with them going to paid online it'll probably continue

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #2776 on: April 23, 2018, 11:28:01 PM »
There's a cheat device that's rumored to be coming out for the switch as well. IIRC the people behind save wizard/cyber save editor are making it.

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #2777 on: April 24, 2018, 12:18:21 AM »
+3
lol Nintendo got MacGyvered

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2778 on: April 24, 2018, 02:09:15 AM »
+4

To "mod" the SNES to play imported games, literally all you had to do was snap off a couple of plastic tabs on the inside that physically prevent you from sliding in a Jap cartridge.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2779 on: April 24, 2018, 03:31:31 AM »
+3

To "mod" the SNES to play imported games, literally all you had to do was snap off a couple of plastic tabs on the inside that physically prevent you from sliding in a Jap cartridge.
And the NES just needed an old converter you could salvage from one of the launch carts in order to play famicom games.

However Famicom/Super Famicom games were much harder to get during the early 90's because of lack of internet and no reliable place to buy them from. Some VHS Anime sellers stocked them but the selection was limited and you kinda had to fill out a shitload of mail order forms in stages because many of these places had no actual storefront and websites didn't exist at the time for merchants. You were lucky if they had a fax machine. Many of them only had a presence at conventions which is how they built their consumer base, which meant if you were out of the loop you probably didn't even know they existed.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2780 on: April 24, 2018, 06:25:58 AM »
Also speaking of old ass anime, there's new shit being made specifically for america again and not just fucking idol garbage that solely exists to sell figmas and other bullshit.

It really says something when the original dvds for many series now cost a gorillion dollars compared to modern blu-rays of newer series. Sega is commissioning a new Sakura Wars series that's going to be aimed at America, and that series has been dormant for a long long long long ass time.

I'm personally hoping that with the sad state of movies in general that red letter media is forced to review anime because everything live action is unwatchable.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2781 on: April 24, 2018, 06:56:07 AM »
+3
Let me know when they make a good PC emulator of the switch. I wouldn’t consider one otherwise.
His name was Harry Anderson

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2782 on: April 24, 2018, 07:15:20 AM »
+4

And the NES just needed an old converter you could salvage from one of the launch carts in order to play famicom games.

However Famicom/Super Famicom games were much harder to get during the early 90's because of lack of internet and no reliable place to buy them from. Some VHS Anime sellers stocked them but the selection was limited and you kinda had to fill out a shitload of mail order forms in stages because many of these places had no actual storefront and websites didn't exist at the time for merchants. You were lucky if they had a fax machine. Many of them only had a presence at conventions which is how they built their consumer base, which meant if you were out of the loop you probably didn't even know they existed.

You used to buy them through ads in Gamepro, Game Players and EGM and stuff. It was harder than it is today like you say, but anyone who wanted to buy Japanese games could get them. Funco, for example, would take out these full page ads listing every SNES and NES game they had in stock and they'd put (JP) next to imports. I didn't buy imports from those ads, but I vividly remember buying NES games in the early 90s through those ads. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, the closest department store, let alone game store, was an hour and a half away. It was the only way I could get games most of the time.

*Edit*

Here: Check out the ads for GDW on page 196 and Chips & Bits on 274 and Funco on 281. There are others too, but there are no imports listed in this particular magazine. I vividly remember seeing Final Fantasy II (JP) for NES in a Funco ad at one point, because it stood out to me at the time. Still, that was a fun trip down memory lane.

https://archive.org/details/GamePro_Issue_064_November_1994
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:18:41 AM by Got Soylent? »

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #2783 on: April 24, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
+6
Lol, several switch emulators are already running games.

It's gonna be just like the DS and GBA days.

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #2784 on: April 24, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »
+10

You used to buy them through ads in Gamepro, Game Players and EGM and stuff. It was harder than it is today like you say, but anyone who wanted to buy Japanese games could get them. Funco, for example, would take out these full page ads listing every SNES and NES game they had in stock and they'd put (JP) next to imports. I didn't buy imports from those ads, but I vividly remember buying NES games in the early 90s through those ads. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, the closest department store, let alone game store, was an hour and a half away. It was the only way I could get games most of the time.

*Edit*

Here: Check out the ads for GDW on page 196 and Chips & Bits on 274 and Funco on 281. There are others too, but there are no imports listed in this particular magazine. I vividly remember seeing Final Fantasy II (JP) for NES in a Funco ad at one point, because it stood out to me at the time. Still, that was a fun trip down memory lane.

It's weird reading about videogames without having an agenda pushed by a bitter feminist.
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red Fascist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #2785 on: April 24, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »

You can't play Euro games on an American console or vice versa though since they use different video formats.

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2786 on: April 24, 2018, 10:58:11 AM »
+4
Nintendo has never been well known for security and protection when it comes to imports, homebrew and piracy. All of their cartridge systems can do both US and JP cartridges with minor physical modifications, their portables all have flashcarts, Gamecube could play imports and homebrew via Freeloader and other boot discs, Wii and Wii U both had very simple homebrew exploits.

Switch is probably going to be just as easy to support with homebrew and be emulated because the Tegra architecture is pretty standard and easy to work with. Some groups apparently already have a pretty good version of Dolphin running on the Switch via Linux that even in an unoptimized state is playing Gamecube titles without much issue.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #2787 on: April 24, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
+1

You can't play Euro games on an American console or vice versa though since they use different video formats.

All my Euro TV:s from way back in my childhood have supported NTSC. From at least 1995-1996 or so.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2788 on: April 24, 2018, 12:01:42 PM »
+1
All my Euro TV:s from way back in my childhood have supported NTSC. From at least 1995-1996 or so.

I think it was because most of the electronics in the 90s came from Japan and all their stuff was based on NTSC. I can definitely remember some of our TVs supporting NTSC but I'm not 100% sure if it was all of them.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2789 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
+2

*Edit*

The ones Gameplayers and EGM advertised were some of the more popular titles like Fire Pro Wrestling, Japanese versions of English games, or stuff that had a sufficient cult following at the time like the SNES Dragonball games. But I don't see things like Cho Anaki, Shin Megami Tensei, or Wonder Project J, those all became well known much much later.

I've got around 100 or more import games in my collection and it wasn't up until a few years ago did prices spike like hell. The Japanese releases of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4,5,6, Bahamut Lagoon, Dragon Quest  5 and 6, Final Fight 2, Secret of mana all would run me a dollar each and because I ordered so many shipping costs were free.

Hell I got Earthbound for 10 dollars that way too.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:26:08 PM by a torrent of piss »

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2790 on: April 24, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »
+1
But I don't see things like Cho Anaki, Shin Megami Tensei, or Wonder Project J, those all became well known much much later.

I have no idea what those are so I'll take your word for it.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2791 on: April 24, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »
God of War caused buttblasting. Game Journalist on Resetera says "why are there no games where young girls get mentored by an adult?" people say that was TLOU was. Game Jouralist says that doesn't count because it was a man mentoring a girl.

Someone asked what if it was a Grown Woman mentoring a younger boy and got probated because no game would do that and that idea is perverted and creepy.

Nobody knows about Tales of Berseria  :myecred:

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2792 on: April 28, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »
+3
Someone asked what if it was a Grown Woman mentoring a younger boy and got probated because no game would do that and that idea is perverted and creepy.

Hell, there was even a Pokemon game that did that.  Black and White.

Lol, several switch emulators are already running games.

It's gonna be just like the DS and GBA days.

How to get a free full body massage:  Go to a video game convention wearing a MAGA hat and a pair of Yeezys while pirating games on your Switch and let the soyboys wail on you as hard as they can

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2793 on: April 28, 2018, 03:40:29 AM »
+1
What's a massage without deep tissue?

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #2794 on: April 28, 2018, 04:04:53 AM »
+2
What's a massage without deep tissue?
when you're a fat fucker, all massages are 'deep tissue'

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2795 on: April 28, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
+6
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WwE3VULeI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WwE3VULeI</a>

Windows 95 running on Linux running on Switch, by the transitive property Switch is now the GOAT console because its a PC

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2796 on: April 28, 2018, 04:04:27 PM »
+2
Makes me wonder why the fuck nintendo makes so many retarded hardware decisions when the PS4 and Xbox One still remain with better OS and hardware security and everything in those two systems pretty much came with standard parts.

CFW on PS4 is still very touch and go because Sony's firmware updates can be real brutal. Took SaveWizard a month to crack 5.50 and that's only for hex editing, the custom OS CFW shit still isn't working right.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2797 on: April 28, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »
+1
Makes me wonder why the fuck nintendo makes so many retarded hardware decisions when the PS4 and Xbox One still remain with better OS and hardware security and everything in those two systems pretty much came with standard parts.

CFW on PS4 is still very touch and go because Sony's firmware updates can be real brutal. Took SaveWizard a month to crack 5.50 and that's only for hex editing, the custom OS CFW shit still isn't working right.

Because they don't just want to be Generic Console #3/3 For Generation 8 and want to do their own thing?

Bill Goy the Soyence Boi

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2798 on: April 28, 2018, 09:16:00 PM »
+5
Nintendo's just one of those kinds of companies like Disney and Apple where they have a fanbase that loves them like a cult.  The creepy turbovirgins that buy two of every Amiibo so they can keep one sealed subsidize the rest of us who'll start pirating Switch games the second we can.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #2799 on: April 28, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »
+3
My mom dated this weirdo that was super into Disney shit in the 90s. Even then I was like "lol fag."