;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 331437 times)

Cool Wine Aunt

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #2875 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:00 AM »
+4
Get ready for the next big joke

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/05/04/prima-publishing-extensive-book-covering-women-in-gaming.aspx

What these WOMEN IN GAMES retards miss is that gaming is a shameful vice that should be discouraged.

On second thoughts yes lets get all women into it.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

Irredeemable Forums Villain

• Domestic Threat
  • Crazed Anime Racist
    • blacked.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2876 on: May 11, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
+2
I am starting to hate the writing in the Pillars of Eternity series.  Whoever it is that stretches out a description of a rock or an ordinary person into three paragraphs needs to learn the meaning of the saying "brevity is the soul of wit".

I struggle to care about anything in Pillars of Exposition because there are so many 888 megafaggot novels and desperate attempts to seem deep and insightful that all fall flat.   Tyranny is a far superior game on all fronts, plus it doesn't have PoE's obtuse amount of powerful, boring women that clearly demonstrate why their world is so fucked up.
Can someone please ID that fucking troon for me so I may begin twitter bullying him?

SvM

• Cishet White Male
  • Kill 'em all, and let God sort their pronouns out.
  • Awards Metal Fan old United Statesian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Seaman (lol)
    • Awards
« Reply #2877 on: May 11, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »
It is kinda funny watching everyone trend-chase as they circle the drain.

Welcome to media consumption since the invention of the radio, really.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #2878 on: May 11, 2018, 04:09:17 PM »
+2
I made a massive slave work camp in conan exiles and then spawned a bunch of monsters just to watch them kill everyone in the camp.

Where the fuck are the game journalists screeching about feeling morally violated? You can spawn slaves to have very specific physical features.

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards TNE Veteran Rethuglikkkan Soldier Wounded in the line of posting. For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Texan The Gentry cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #2879 on: May 11, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
+3

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' 420 Deutscher
    • Awards
« Reply #2880 on: May 12, 2018, 04:58:51 AM »
+2
Since PoE2 seems kinda alright, I revisited PoE1 and... While improved, mechanically it is still the absolute worst horse shit imaginable. A mediocre story could be bearable with a solid ruleset as a foundation (It was for Baldur's Gate) but this isn't solid, it's retarded. Wizards needing strength, barbarians needing intelligence, no buffing before a fight and the engagement system make the whole thing an uphill slog.
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2881 on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:32 AM »
+2
Well I completed Conan Exiles.

I have to say the inventory management is rather convoluted, there's no instruction manual included with the game, but they do give you a full physical map of the world and a DLC code for Conan's Atlantean sword. Anyways yeah you can remove hunger, thirst, item degrading, and building degrading and just do the main game chapters solo, co-op or with a group. Enemies will scale however you want. Anyways the chapters are a series of objectives and it can be rather vague in some of their descriptions(one of the first objectives is find signs of intelligent life, going over to the enemy camps won't complete it, you have to find a book near the beginning that sort of points you where to go next for the boss of the first area).

Anyways the first area is a desert which leads to some ruins which if you follow the path will lead to a beach by an inland sea that has a bunch of tropical islands on it. If you stay in the desert you risk being attacked by high level 10 feet tall werebats when night comes.  The world itself is loaded with all sorts of enemies, they really went all out with filling the areas with a ton of variety. There's zero tutorials at all in the game you really kind of have to figure everything out and that's where the inventory management system is a bitch because it's so convoluted because certain buildings have special commands that only activate under very specific circumstances or when trying to assign thralls to work at specific places. To get a thrall to work it has to be converted into an item first and you have to move them to the thrall window which is right above the regular item window but it doesn't behave like the item windows and you have to press different buttons in order to properly transfer the thrall into the personnel inventory slot.

Combat is smooth, the only drawback is that construction items, weapons, and healing items all use the same item wheel and you can only have so many items on quick wheel access. You can't save or switch multiple loadouts. But there's so much shit to kill and a massive massive variety of enemies. Ogres, mammoths, Rhinos, giant snakes, ice giants, undead dragons, giant spiders, crocodiles, chimpanzee tortoise creatures, snakes that are two stories tall, there's over 100 enemies in the game.

Honestly this is probably the best use of Conan in a video game. The world itself has areas and creatures taken right from the comics. Now co-op you're going to need two copies of the game and two systems you can't go split screen like Ark Survival Evolved. We kinda used a wiki to help guide us to specific locations as we played and went through all the areas killing the bosses. Getting to some of the bosses takes work and figuring out the vaguely worded objectives. The main progress of the campaign was rather enjoyable, not a whole lot of dialogue, you have the occasional NPC, but for 95% of it it's you and whatever people are on the server. The areas and dungeons are all very well done and varied. Nothing ever feels like it's bland or the same. We established like a main base in every area and then proceeded to finish all objectives and then fight the bosses before moving on.

We did run into a few bugs. The achievement Tower of the Elephant requires you to go above and beyond to what the description says and be over encumbered by 1 ton and to fall on another player's head killing them. It's apparently bugged because it's supposed to allow you to do it to any sort of NPC or MOB(including small insects that you can step on) and according to the devs it's not supposed to require you to be encumbered by such a large amount, but that's the only way it's currently possible to do it since player damage isn't the same as enemies, and enemies are not popping the achievement. It's nearly impossible to do it without a setup session, especially in PVP servers where you'll likely die in the process of collecting 1 ton of junk and also requirng you to fall on another player who's located below you and have them be perfectly still. Also the admin commands are screwy for the PS4 version, the commands for Flying are disabled and there is no way to activate them. Even force downgrading the game doesn't work. The 1.06 patch was supposed to fix bugs but it just introduced more than require further fixing.

Honestly if you can get it for 20-30 bucks and like conan or open world survival games, get it because there's very few games that feature Conan and this is the best one so far. Main campaign can be done in a weekend and it's pretty fun to just play around in the world.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:46:49 AM by a torrent of piss »

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Fascist Ave Maria United Statesian Italian cold, dead hands Better dead than red Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2882 on: May 12, 2018, 05:59:16 AM »
So is poe 2 good or should I pirate it?

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #2883 on: May 12, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »
I am starting to hate the writing in the Pillars of Eternity series.  Whoever it is that stretches out a description of a rock or an ordinary person into three paragraphs needs to learn the meaning of the saying "brevity is the soul of wit".

yes.  there are good parts there but you'll end up skimming over a lot of it.  in terms of the isometric revival, i thought tides of numenera had writing many orders of magnitude better and was much more interesting...  but it was flawed and sold like crap.

that said i think poe 2 has a lot of good things going for it, the core combat is decent and there's a lot to do. 

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #2884 on: May 12, 2018, 06:45:22 AM »

if you liked the first at all, you'll definitely like this; there's no tedious and boring first act where you have fuck all combat options.  and if you like it, i'd recommend buying because there are quite a few bugs that are going to be squashed by ongoing patches you won't have access to on a pirated version

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Doxxnet
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2885 on: May 12, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »
+10
Four days and that faggot completed an open world survival game. ATOP get a fucking life.

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Swear on me mum m8 old
    • Awards
« Reply #2886 on: May 12, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »
+9
Four days and that faggot completed an open world survival game. ATOP get a fucking life.
Fat
Lego
Gaming Laptop
3D printer airdropped into your ass
Meltdown and forum ragequit
Returns after 2 days

Aran, get a fucking life (and don't forget to take your statins).

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Doxxnet
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2887 on: May 12, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
+13
Fat
Lego
Gaming Laptop
Returns after 2 days

Don't you have a refugee status to claim somewhere

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
    • Awards
« Reply #2888 on: May 12, 2018, 07:38:27 AM »
+4

Never pay money for nu-vidya.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Fascist Ave Maria United Statesian Italian cold, dead hands Better dead than red Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2889 on: May 12, 2018, 07:49:39 AM »

if you liked the first at all, you'll definitely like this; there's no tedious and boring first act where you have fuck all combat options.  and if you like it, i'd recommend buying because there are quite a few bugs that are going to be squashed by ongoing patches you won't have access to on a pirated version

Sounds good, thanks.

Never pay money for nu-vidya.

I mean, if it wasn't good or was loaded with SJW nonsense I wouldn't, but I don't mind paying for good games.

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Swear on me mum m8 old
    • Awards
« Reply #2890 on: May 12, 2018, 08:02:47 AM »
Fat
Lego
Gaming Laptop
Returns after 2 days

Don't you have a refugee status to claim somewhere
No, you have me confused with your Krispy Kreme bonus card.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2891 on: May 12, 2018, 02:07:40 PM »
+4
The open world survival games actually don't last very long due to how they allow you to configure things. You have a vast amount of difficulty settings you can micromanage and also you can disable entire in game systems themselves. Ark only took me a few days to finish and that's with collecting every single journal entry and doing The Center. God of War on the easiest difficulty takes longer to 100% than Conan or Ark. The Survival games are heavily based on repetitive tasks, grinding, and regrinding once the item falls apart and needs to be rebuilt. Without those the genre's games are fairly simple and short in structure.

I have to say though Conan's climbing mechanic worked rather well, and being that the world itself was build around numerous unique dungeons and locations that populate the world, they certainly put more thought into the world itself than breath of the wild. With all the creatures and everything it certainly felt more alive.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:12:58 PM by a torrent of piss »

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
    • Awards
« Reply #2892 on: May 12, 2018, 03:54:27 PM »
+2
I mean, if it wasn't good or was loaded with SJW nonsense I wouldn't, but I don't mind paying for good games.

It's not a good game. Besides, they got the money they needed with Kickstarter.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2893 on: May 12, 2018, 04:10:34 PM »
+4
Stop buying POE shit and just wait for Underworld Ascendant.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2894 on: May 12, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »
+3
Also the harry potter game where you have to pay 300 dollars just to be able to beat it is getting high praise from the faggot outlets because it's a harry potter game(but it's not really a game) but with a story. They claim not since Super Mario Brothers/Zelda/Grand Theft Auto has a game so clearly defined and legitimized a platform.

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #2895 on: May 12, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »

It's not a good game. Besides, they got the money they needed with Kickstarter.

What exactly is wrong with it? Is it just a lot more of the same 888 text that the first one was, or is there more to it that's bad?
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
    • Awards
« Reply #2896 on: May 12, 2018, 06:40:02 PM »
As I said in my post above, it's mechanically completely ass-backwards and annoying as hell. For example, you can only use buffs in combat, meaning there is no preparation for unknown situations. You just run around blind and hope to god you can land your buffs when combat starts before the two dozen guys you just triggered alpha strike your front line down. You can only aim spells manually as well so you have to predict where enemies and friends will be when the spell goes off. No casting buffs or debuffs on a specific target. The stat system is bonkers as well. Might (=Strength) determines damage bonuses so all your squishy mages will be super swole because the game treats might exactly like strength. Combat encounters are mostly designed via copy and paste, although I've heard they got their shit together in the White March areas.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2897 on: May 12, 2018, 06:44:53 PM »
As I said in my post above, it's mechanically completely ass-backwards and annoying as hell. For example, you can only use buffs in combat, meaning there is no preparation for unknown situations. You just run around blind and hope to god you can land your buffs when combat starts before the two dozen guys you just triggered alpha strike your front line down. You can only aim spells manually as well so you have to predict where enemies and friends will be when the spell goes off. No casting buffs or debuffs on a specific target. The stat system is bonkers as well. Might (=Strength) determines damage bonuses so all your squishy mages will be super swole because the game treats might exactly like strength. Combat encounters are mostly designed via copy and paste, although I've heard they got their shit together in the White March areas.

OK so you didn't like POE1 either.

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
    • Awards
« Reply #2898 on: May 12, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
Wait, what? I thought we were talking about PoE1. PoE2 is an improvement but much of the retardation in the system is still there. No idea about the story although it seems to me that you need knowledge of PoE1 to full understand everything.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2899 on: May 12, 2018, 07:21:02 PM »
I liked POE1 so :jesse:

I bought the Obsidian version on cdkeys.com for $56. Seemed the most economical since it includes the 3 future $10 DLCs.