;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 294951 times)

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #3900 on: September 19, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
+4
Somehow this comes as a surprise to them. That's the worst part. These people don't actually understand what their audience likes.
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #3901 on: September 19, 2018, 10:18:26 PM »
+5
It's also causing a ton of shit to be removed from the internet. I think they still have Boogie's rage about the Beta, but reddit and others have already erased a ton of other evidence.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3902 on: September 20, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »
+3
EA is apparently dumping more money into Battlefield 5 and is essentially remaking the game from the ground up 2 months before it's supposed to come out.

What you're going to get at launch is hard to say, but man I don't get it between the bombs of Battlefront 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age inquisition, just one of these games alone would have been enough to sink 99% of any of the other studios. But Somehow EA keeps going despite now having one major fucking hiroshima sized fuck up atleast once every year.

But all of those games were financially successful except I'd guess Andromeda. How does a company sink if they're making money?
And even if those games didn't make money, FIFA ensures EA never dies.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3903 on: September 20, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
+4
EA is apparently dumping more money into Battlefield 5 and is essentially remaking the game from the ground up 2 months before it's supposed to come out.

What you're going to get at launch is hard to say, but man I don't get it between the bombs of Battlefront 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age inquisition, just one of these games alone would have been enough to sink 99% of any of the other studios. But Somehow EA keeps going despite now having one major fucking hiroshima sized fuck up atleast once every year.

But all of those games were financially successful except I'd guess Andromeda. How does a company sink if they're making money?
And even if those games didn't make money, FIFA ensures EA never dies.

Depends, if the lootbox regulations go through and are deemed gambling FIFA loses it's in game currency and therefore the brunt of it's revenue.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3904 on: September 22, 2018, 10:50:30 PM »
+11
Telltale crashing is something that's going to be analyzed for months

They had a constant stream of rampant hiring apparently right up until the day they closed with more than one employee being hired and let go within hours
The rent for their building was absolutely insane
The yearly cost to hold on to the rights for stuff like Batman and GoTG was more than what it took to get other games finished and out the door
Music Rights also ran up a lot
Telltale was one of the studios that gave in to the voice actor strike and increased the amount they paid the VA's.
At peak they had 500 or so employees, majority of them had no technical skills. They had more writers than a Hollywood Studio and a shitload of filler positions because they essentially allowed people to hire their social media friends for diversity.

Meetings apparently focused 90% of the story and nothing on the gameplay elements, they essentially hired people who didn't like games to make games. So gameplay was an afterthought and everyone wanted to go on an emotional story journey. The people who cared about improving the gameplay elements were let go due to creative differences once TWD season 1 was finished.

You could have made most of these games with a small team of maybe 10-15. The Episodes were only a few hours each and tended to not have a ton of area variety with all these people that they hired they should have been making seasons in full right off the bat and have complete games made, there simply was no need to release episodic content. Their employee numbers were what AAA studios have, it's a testament to how badly the company was mismanaged.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3905 on: September 22, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »
+5
for months

Stupid faggot SJW losers think feels replace business sense.

Americas Most Trusted News Source

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3906 on: September 23, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
+14
get woke go broke proven right again

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3907 on: September 23, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »
+12

Telltale was progressive.
Their spending was excessive.
But with all their clout and virtue clanging.
They still left the black character hanging.

RIP in Pepperoni and Cheese.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3908 on: September 23, 2018, 02:08:57 PM »
+2
That's pretty funny. I figured telltale was a 20 person crew tops. Didn't really play any of their games, but I could see the appeal to some people.

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #3909 on: September 23, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
+2
I knew telltale games was shit when their massive breakthrough walking dead game had a nasty save erase bug. The game is entirely based on story choices and losing all progress 6 hours in means you just quit and walk away. And then their next 3 games also had the exact same issue. Fuck em.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Deplorables United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3910 on: September 23, 2018, 05:37:55 PM »
+5
I hope that the end of Telltale signifies the end of fake choices and "story driven" video games.  The Telltale games were some of the worst offenders but not the only ones.  Bioshock Infinite, for example, had a bunch of fake choices.  These are ruses put into the games by the developers to give the player the illusion that their choices mean something.  When confronted about this, they usually spout some nonsense about how what's really important is what's going on in your head and not the consequences.

The Telltale games all lie to your face when they say that their games are an interactive experience that change based on the choices you make.  They aren't.  Maybe character X dies in Episode 2 instead of character Y, but then character Y dies in Episode 4. 

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous 420 Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #3911 on: September 23, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »
+3
How hard is it to make a graphic adventure game more or less bug free?   :jesse:

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3912 on: September 23, 2018, 08:11:40 PM »
+4
How hard is it to make a graphic adventure game more or less bug free?   :jesse:
The Japanese have been doing it for eons. Problem is people view adventure games like that now as a political grandstanding thing. Gone are the ones that were actually focused on exploration in interesting settings.

Take Life is Strange for example, throughout the whole game nothing ever gets raised to the levels of what appeared in Riven or Myst. No grand mystery solved, no interesting locations, you're watching a teen drama and nothing more. It seriously reminded me of a Made for TV Movie where they never had the budget to go full blown scifi so they're filming everything in Vancouver and everything interesting happens offscreen.

In comparison Eventide had a better story and that's a game based around I Spy/Hidden Object stuff. The scenery is hand drawn instead of 3d but it visually looks more interesting than what's in most adventure games.

I would also thrown in David Kage shit, The only game he ever had a hand in was Omikron:The Nomad Soul, everything else has been movies disguised as games.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:19:34 PM by a torrent of piss »

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #3913 on: September 23, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »
+5
The worst part about Telltale's implosion is the veneration of Camposanto, an even faggier company, as the company that was formed when all the good Telltale writers left over disgust at Telltale's toxicity.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3914 on: September 23, 2018, 08:29:58 PM »
+3
The worst part about Telltale's implosion is the veneration of Camposanto, an even faggier company, as the company that was formed when all the good Telltale writers left over disgust at Telltale's toxicity.
Sofar all they've done is Firewatch and their second game doesn't look all that interesting. Seems like they could fall into the same rut that the Gone Home devs did and still put everything into story and their second game bombs.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Oh yeahhhhh
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red cold, dead hands Boy Scout old
    • Awards
« Reply #3915 on: September 23, 2018, 08:51:50 PM »
+3
Sofar all they've done is Firewatch and their second game doesn't look all that interesting. Seems like they could fall into the same rut that the Gone Home devs did and still put everything into story and their second game bombs.

1920s Egypt is the setting. "In the Valley of the Gods" https://inthevalleyofgods.com/faq/

It will likely be another walking simulator like Firewatch. The story was okay and they made a neat setting, but there's no game there. Just endless walking.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #3916 on: September 23, 2018, 09:55:23 PM »
+4
Remember. Valve bought these fuckers.

WHO'S EXITED FOR ARTIFACT?

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3917 on: September 23, 2018, 10:48:22 PM »
+11
A new narrative that is emerging is that leftist politics had no relation between all the franchises failing(i.e. mass effect, star wars,) and that saying "get woke go broke" is incorrect and you need to stop spreading misinformation.

Telltale was a mismanaged company, but they also made their games very unappealing, so it was a perfect storm of everything going to shit. Being that their main output was supposed to be videogames they really should have tried to make the games more appealing.

game Journalists/Resetera are upset because it means less games "for them". Being that we just had Spiderman, Dragon Quest 11, Tomb Raider, and others all release within a span of a month you're already spoiled for choice on what to play. I actually have a backlog again because of it. If you can't find an actual game to play you're probably not interested in games to begin with.

With all that being said no sports cars were ruined in the process so this really doesn't count as an extravagant and memorable end to a studio.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:55:19 PM by a torrent of piss »

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3918 on: September 24, 2018, 08:15:40 AM »
+3
Telltale games reminds me of Gametap. Anyone remember Gametap? That was a great service in it's original incarnation. It was this subscription service from, I want to say, 2006 or 2007 that included seven or eight hundred old PC games. It was similar to Netflix, except you downloaded the games as opposed to streaming them.

Anyway, one of Telltale's first games was a Sam and Max sequel for the Gametap service. I never touched it because I always thought point and click adventures were dogshit, even fan favourites like the Monkey Island series. I'm surprised Telltale lasted as long as it did. They stopped making point and click adventures in the 90s for a reason. They could never find a mass audience.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:12:46 PM by Got Soylent? »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3919 on: September 25, 2018, 01:49:32 AM »
+3
So now it's looking like Telltale isn't closing and got some "last minute investors" who want TWD and Minecraft to be finished.

https://www.truetrophies.com/n16047/the-walking-deads-final-season-may-be-saved-by-lastminute-investment

Essentially Telltale may have done one of the largest company purges in history and will supposedly remain open for another 6 months now.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red old cold, dead hands Seaman (lol) Ave Maria Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #3920 on: September 25, 2018, 02:21:41 AM »
+7
I'm sure the almost 300 people who were shitcanned without any warning or severance are thankful to those investors.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3921 on: September 25, 2018, 02:28:50 AM »
+3
I'm sure the almost 300 people who were shitcanned without any warning or severance are thankful to those investors.
Honestly it's a do or die situation. They made no profits from anything outside of TWD season 1, every other game was not their own IP so they had to pay fees, and they had extremely high operating costs and everything they kept putting out didn't cover the costs.

It's like what logical recourse did they have, especially when they had contractual obligations? They needed to restart from the ground up.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Deplorables United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3922 on: September 25, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »
+5
A new narrative that is emerging is that leftist politics had no relation between all the franchises failing(i.e. mass effect, star wars,) and that saying "get woke go broke" is incorrect and you need to stop spreading misinformation.

In the strictest sense, this is probably true, but there is an uncanny correlation between shitty games and woke studios.  SJW millennials appear to have no game making talent at all.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3923 on: September 25, 2018, 01:22:00 PM »
+2
TWD ends with Clem going full on lesbian with a poorly animated make out session and Lilly from season 1 coming back and kidnapping half your crew.  :geithner:

You know with Warhorse apparently working on a new game set in another medieval setting, Cyberpunk 2077 coming out, Tales of Vesperia coming out, Kingdom hearts 3 being released, I'm not really starved for games that have a narrative....it's just they also include actual gameplay as well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:26:42 PM by a torrent of piss »

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3924 on: September 25, 2018, 03:15:15 PM »
Kingdom Hearts games do have narratives, but I don't think those narratives are enough to support the games on their own (and I say this as someone who owns a bunch of them).