;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 313712 times)

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #4375 on: November 06, 2018, 05:27:43 PM »
+6
I'm just gonna buy guns.
That's where all my vidya money goes to now. You can never have enough ammo.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #4376 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:43 PM »
+4
I bought Skyrim once for PC. I enjoyed it enough. I did not buy it another 3 times. I do not have any interest in repurchasing games that I already own and still function. I can go boot them up.

Here, let me trim your story to the point of the average consumer:

Quote from: atop
My copy of skyrim I bought was the PS3 version at launch

It's honestly fucked up that you say this:

"You see this is the dilemma for many people, do you just amass games and then not play them or do you play the games that you've bought and not keep buying new ones until you've finished what you have?"

As though those are the only options. As though the first is a normal thing to do and the latter is an unusual thing to do. Normal people do not buy games they are not interested in. Many of them may drop a game at a midway point due to difficulty, dissatisfaction or wandering attention span but they won't "fix" the "mistake" by buying the game again. Smart people take the latter option. Especially smart people will consider a game finished if they dislike it because why spend time doing something you do not enjoy? Your time has value, achievements do not.

If you have a backlog of 10+ games you might as well clear it out instead of engaging in consumerism to feed the void. A dilemma for many people? A dilemma for many idiots with a simple solution they simply do not want to take. "Ah, I'm depressed because my life is so shitty. Maybe this hour long stretch of distracting lights and sensations for $20 will fix it. Oh, it didn't. Hey, a Steam sale. Getting an item on sale is practically free. I need to stockpile gaming in case I'm bored in the future because they might not be available then because <logic not found>! I'm such a smart consumer! Steam says so by giving me cards, they're like meta-achievements IRL!"

There is no defense for a backlog any more intelligent or nuanced than a defense for being too lazy to clean your room or wash yourself. You are not a super cultured collector of rare pieces of any significance. You are on the same tier of easily filched sucker as a beanie baby collector or their modern descendant the funkopop soy boy. If you are clearing games and getting achievements because you enjoy the game then have at it. If you have a man cave room as a fruit of your labor then go wild. If you are chasing a sensation of accomplishment in your life to feel satisfied because you are unhappy then you need help. You will not have a status pop up that tells you you have an addiction. Your brain will rationalize things until they are normal.

And before somebody says it: sure, replay whatever you want for fun. If you enjoy it it is time well spent. But I think fun stopped being a part of atop's equation a long time ago.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4377 on: November 06, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
+1
I bought Skyrim once for PC. I enjoyed it enough. I did not buy it another 3 times. I do not have any interest in repurchasing games that I already own and still function. I can go boot them up.

"You see this is the dilemma for many people, do you just amass games and then not play them or do you play the games that you've bought and not keep buying new ones until you've finished what you have?"

As though those are the only options. As though the first is a normal thing to do and the latter is an unusual thing to do. Normal people do not buy games they are not interested in. Many of them may drop a game at a midway point due to difficulty, dissatisfaction or wandering attention span but they won't "fix" the "mistake" by buying the game again. Smart people take the latter option. Especially smart people will consider a game finished if they dislike it because why spend time doing something you do not enjoy? Your time has value, achievements do not.

If you have a backlog of 10+ games you might as well clear it out instead of engaging in consumerism to feed the void. A dilemma for many people? A dilemma for many idiots with a simple solution they simply do not want to take. "Ah, I'm depressed because my life is so shitty. Maybe this hour long stretch of distracting lights and sensations for $20 will fix it. Oh, it didn't. Hey, a Steam sale. Getting an item on sale is practically free. I need to stockpile gaming in case I'm bored in the future because they might not be available then because <logic not found>! I'm such a smart consumer! Steam says so by giving me cards, they're like meta-achievements IRL!"

There is no defense for a backlog any more intelligent or nuanced than a defense for being too lazy to clean your room or wash yourself. You are not a super cultured collector of rare pieces of any significance. You are on the same tier of easily filched sucker as a beanie baby collector or their modern descendant the funkopop soy boy. If you are clearing games and getting achievements because you enjoy the game then have at it. If you have a man cave room as a fruit of your labor then go wild. If you are chasing a sensation of accomplishment in your life to feel satisfied because you are unhappy then you need help. You will not have a status pop up that tells you you have an addiction. Your brain will rationalize things until they are normal.

And before somebody says it: sure, replay whatever you want for fun. If you enjoy it it is time well spent. But I think fun stopped being a part of atop's equation a long time ago.
It's not chasing sensation of accomplishment, it's more or less overturning all the stones in a game to be absolutely sure you've overcome all challenges, it's more or less the thrill of discovery. If you just want trophies you wind up buying 100+ or so small games and do it that way, stuff like My name is Mayo, Mr. Massagy, Midnight Deluxe, etc. You don't really play through larger games because they're more time intensive and take longer if you're just wanting a constant ding of trophies.

People with 500 or more platinums tend to buy the shorter games.

besides the games that are tied to a sense of accomplishment are phone games like Fate Grand order. It's also coupled with gambling because every move costs money. Gambling the thrill comes from how long you can chain wins together and getting a random number matched up and getting a streak going. With Fate you're building up a team you're getting from RNG and progressing somewhat through the game and the game itself has large difficulty spikes tied to getting stronger characters and roadblocks like that. That's the appeal of phone games which i don't play.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4378 on: November 07, 2018, 08:12:10 AM »
+4

It's not chasing sensation of accomplishment, it's more or less overturning all the stones in a game to be absolutely sure you've overcome all challenges, it's more or less the thrill of discovery. If you just want trophies you wind up buying 100+ or so small games and do it that way, stuff like My name is Mayo, Mr. Massagy, Midnight Deluxe, etc. You don't really play through larger games because they're more time intensive and take longer if you're just wanting a constant ding of trophies.

People with 500 or more platinums tend to buy the shorter games.

besides the games that are tied to a sense of accomplishment are phone games like Fate Grand order. It's also coupled with gambling because every move costs money. Gambling the thrill comes from how long you can chain wins together and getting a random number matched up and getting a streak going. With Fate you're building up a team you're getting from RNG and progressing somewhat through the game and the game itself has large difficulty spikes tied to getting stronger characters and roadblocks like that. That's the appeal of phone games which i don't play.
My read on that is that you just said that you are chasing accomplishment and you are a gambling addict.
His name was Harry Anderson

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4379 on: November 07, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
+7

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4380 on: November 07, 2018, 10:35:49 AM »
+6

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4381 on: November 07, 2018, 12:15:21 PM »
+3
There's a 3-4 games every year that I'll shell out full price for, but usually wait for Black Friday to pick up older games.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4382 on: November 07, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »
There's a 3-4 games every year that I'll shell out full price for, but usually wait for Black Friday to pick up older games.
I remember doing that for Fallout 3 and Bioshock 1 but not many new releases.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4383 on: November 07, 2018, 10:58:25 PM »
+6

Jesus Christ, 4000 hours? My most-played Steam game is like 200-something hours, and I thought I played the shit out of it.

I've been playing WOW off and on for TEN YEARS, and I have ~5000 hours. Fallout 4 came out in 2015.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:01:28 PM by OZMA CURES HAM »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4384 on: November 07, 2018, 11:49:00 PM »
+3
So surprising no-one but die-hard Nintendofaggots, nintendo is censoring shit again.

They're removing stuff from Mr. Game and Watch because his super moves transform him into a native american stereotype.

Also the same people who got wind of Mr.Game and Watch becoming a Native American, also may have issues with Nintendo's lax moderation of the e-shop. Expect more shit to be censored.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Texan Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #4385 on: November 08, 2018, 12:35:18 AM »
+2
So surprising no-one but die-hard Nintendofaggots, nintendo is censoring shit again.

They're removing stuff from Mr. Game and Watch because his super moves transform him into a native american stereotype.

Also the same people who got wind of Mr.Game and Watch becoming a Native American, also may have issues with Nintendo's lax moderation of the e-shop. Expect more shit to be censored.

They should just say Mr. Game & Watch was meant to be an Indian all along and that the people complaining are the real bigots for denying him his identity.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red Fascist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #4386 on: November 08, 2018, 06:37:23 PM »
+3
Nah Mr. Game and Watch is a nigger and he dindu nuffin becuase WE WUZ COWBOYS N INDIANS N SHEEIT
≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4387 on: November 08, 2018, 08:47:28 PM »
+4
Apparently Activision's stock price fucking tanked after Blizzcon.

This is causing Game Journalists to say that white men are the problem because they can't get over China being the moral and ethical super power in the world and it makes their white penises feel small. China has better behaved gamers who will replace you.

I'm like these people are supposed to judge a game on it's merits, mobileshit has a ton of negatives against it both from a hardware perspective and from how they implement their gameplay systems into catering towards whales.

I'm curious how these people get to write for gaming outlets because I could probably run circles around them, sadly no offices are located on the east coast and therefore I can't storm them or pull a Steve Jobs @ Atari and refuse to leave until they give me a job.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #4388 on: November 08, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »
+5
All these Chicom loving soys makes me want to put together my IJA cosplay and chop their heads off in the name of the God Emperor. 

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Thanks Maureen. I've been dealing with that pedantic argument of not being able to spell makes me an idiot since grade school. I'm autistic with a 130+ iq who writes a graphic novel about sex abuse and with an obsession about pshycology to the point I'm more informed than my therapists about current news.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4389 on: November 08, 2018, 10:54:17 PM »
+4
Here's the thing, all these big chinese tech companies are owned by the Chinese government. You're allowing the chinese government to have access and influence through all these mobile apps. They're fucking datamining your personal info.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #4390 on: November 09, 2018, 07:26:03 AM »
+3

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4391 on: November 09, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »
+1
What are the chinks playing on their phones that I'm not?

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red Fascist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #4392 on: November 09, 2018, 10:56:23 AM »
+4
Soyboys loving chinks now? The same chinks that hate niggers and fags and are communist in name only? Gee it would be a pity if these people get to be politicians or some other powerful position and get blackmailed with something naughty they said on the games they played.

On an unrelated note, Blizzard reminds us how they are on cruise control to the crash by admitting that they shifted their better developers to mobile and keep it PG.
≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4393 on: November 10, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
+4
I really hate how game articles are coming out in support of mobile. Saying it's just as good as traditional games isn't even remotely true. Also them pushing 3rd party controller addons as legitimate bothers me because 3rd party shit never catches on. Controllers for PC had a standard because Microsoft and valve pushed it and the Xbox controller is now the default PC controller. Without Apple or Google pushing a unified controller scheme that is either built into the phone or attaches to the phone nothing will ever take off.

Apple won't attach a controller or build one in because they've gone full retard with minimalism to the point of it affecting the function of the device. They're also wanting to remove 3rd party repair services which in turn takes away from user accessibility.

Touch screens are shit controls in much the same way VR is a shit format. There's too many limitations, only way just having a default phone would work would be to have hardlight holographic  buttons and analog sticks appear when you wanted to play a game.

Try playing the mobile version of Final Fantasy 15, the only way they got it to work was by removing a ton of shit because the controls had to be redone entirely for mobile.

Also speaking of Final Fantasy 15, all the Season 2 DLC got scrapped and they're abandoning all future plans for the game and a bunch of people left the company. Final Fantasy Type-Zero also had it's related projects canceled, the franchise is effectively dead. I've got the feeling that they do full reboot and the next Final Fantasy will just be called Final Fantasy.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #4394 on: November 10, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »
+5
All these game journalists who hate console and PC gaming should be forced to play nothing but text heavy roguelikes like Dwarf Fortress or Cataclysm:DDA at gun point as part of the reeducation process.

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Thanks Maureen. I've been dealing with that pedantic argument of not being able to spell makes me an idiot since grade school. I'm autistic with a 130+ iq who writes a graphic novel about sex abuse and with an obsession about pshycology to the point I'm more informed than my therapists about current news.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4395 on: November 10, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »
+5
There's a fucking Anita Sarkeesian exhibit up at some museum but the fucking internet is scrubbing any and all pictures because it's a fucking tunnel of cringe and it's just in even worse taste than the Bullyhunters Live Stream. I mean this literally, the exhibit is in a tunnel and you walk through a dark hallway with random Troll postings from the internet being projected in the tunnel and when you get to the end there's a big fucking projected head of Anita right there to greet you because women have illuminated and become the custodians and gatekeepers of the gaming industry. or so the exhibit claims.

It's a big bait and switch it seems to have some game stuff at the beginning about how games are made, but then it devolves into gamergate bullshit for everything and near the exist there's some fucking gay arcade game about homosexuality and a bunch of "quirky and queer"(as the brochure puts it) indie games.

That game about picking gay men up in the bathroom has an arcade cabinet version.

Pretty Sneaky Cis

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous United Statesian Drinkin' and Postin' old You can't know! Scrooge Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #4396 on: November 10, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
+3
There's a fucking Anita Sarkeesian exhibit up at some museum but the fucking internet is scrubbing any and all pictures because it's a fucking tunnel of cringe and it's just in even worse taste than the Bullyhunters Live Stream. I mean this literally, the exhibit is in a tunnel and you walk through a dark hallway with random Troll postings from the internet being projected in the tunnel and when you get to the end there's a big fucking projected head of Anita right there to greet you because women have illuminated and become the custodians and gatekeepers of the gaming industry. or so the exhibit claims.

It's a big bait and switch it seems to have some game stuff at the beginning about how games are made, but then it devolves into gamergate bullshit for everything and near the exist there's some fucking gay arcade game about homosexuality and a bunch of "quirky and queer"(as the brochure puts it) indie games.

That game about picking gay men up in the bathroom has an arcade cabinet version.

Dream Daddy got a comic book. All literally is faggot.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4397 on: November 10, 2018, 07:14:33 PM »
+2
You know Microsoft just bought Xile and Obsidian so maybe they're serious about revitalizing the xbox brand and making CRPGs. But too few people are really interested in CRPGs and they wouldn't be system sellers. I'm just going to chalk up both studios as dead like when Microsoft bought Rare and then proceeded to do jackshit with it for almost 20 years, Bethesda shot itself in the foot due to fallout 76, and Blizzard's PR team went full retard and declared Blizzard a Mobile Game Only Studio now.

PC gaming is fucking dead, they exist as beggars now to console ports. Valve just supports a storefront that's the digital equivalent of Kowloon The Walled City. Valve isn't making any real games that isn't tied to a fuckton of DLC.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #4398 on: November 10, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »
+6
Ah here we go pictures of the exhibit. Took Me ages to fucking find and archive.

You see coding is racist because it only relies on latin based languages. We need more variations of the same types of code to do the exact same thing in a different written language for no real reason at all other than we want squiggles to impeded team progress because nothing is unified so you need a middle man to translate the code and then pray that the fucking english translation works just as well as the arabic one(because english and arabic have no 1 for 1 equivalencies) and vice versa.

Big Sister is Watching You

How much did she fucking pay to make this whole thing about her?

Remember we must erase all history about videogames from the 1960's until 2014. Nothing before 2014 counts

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:43:01 PM by a torrent of piss »

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #4399 on: November 10, 2018, 11:57:57 PM »
+7

Arabic LISP, for when you really want to name the jew.