;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 263797 times)

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #2900 on: May 12, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »
+2
Apparently bethesda is going to be showing both the Oblivion Remaster and Morrowind Remaster at e3. There was some gay stealth update on one of the clients which could mean they're going to be pulling the old games off storefronts soon. Nobody knows if they're going to fuck up the old dialogue and make it politicaly correct or just transfer it 1:1.

TES 6 is also supposed to be shown in it's very early stages, there's also some weird rumor about TES Online being given a single player offline/P2P client or that they have one working and it's not being released to the public yet. It's supposed to allow players to partake in BR/Survival bullshit at their whim as well as play the TES online campaigns solo.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:15:01 PM by a torrent of piss »

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #2901 on: May 13, 2018, 01:40:52 AM »
+2
alright hte poe 2 writing is starting to grate on me more and more, though i'm still enjoying the game overall.  the ruatu fighting with the huana concerning the island of poko kohara and oh my god these names are meaningless.  they really should've gone all-in on making the quests about the bigger picture stuff, which is a lot of what the white march dlcs did and why they worked so well.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2902 on: May 14, 2018, 10:15:35 AM »
+2
Wait, what? I thought we were talking about PoE1. PoE2 is an improvement but much of the retardation in the system is still there. No idea about the story although it seems to me that you need knowledge of PoE1 to full understand everything.

What does PoE2 improve on, mechanically?

They got rid of a party member.  That sucks because it reduces your tactical options and it makes it virtually impossible to employ a strategy that involves keeping your spellcasters clean.  It also reduces the dialog and story options that you have available to you since party members chip in banter when they are travelling with you.

They got rid of combat slow mode.  That made no sense.  None whatsoever. 

The role playing system is the same, if not worse.  You still use Might for all forms of damage.  Everything meaningful from a role playing standpoint has been completely removed from both the stats system and the equipment.  Character traits do not affect skills.  You can be functionally retarded and a master lock smith.  You can trip over your own two feet constantly and be a stealth master.  Your 90 pound wizard can lift a Volkswagen Beetle because he has a high "might".  They fucked up the spell casters in a manner that was completely unnecessary.  They made every spell a "per encounter" affair instead of the mixture of "per encounter" and "per day" that was great with the first game.  There's virtually no point to ever resting unless your characters get wounded, and it's pretty rare to have a battle that is finely tuned enough that only one or two of your characters get KO'ed but not all of them.  I don't know if food was supposed to be a limited resource, but I have huge stockpiles of it and I don't think that I have even bought any of it.  Maybe later in the game if you get a bigger crew it matters, but for now, I have about 200 food items in my inventory that I have mostly found in barrels on sitting on tables.  Ship combat gets old before you are done with your first battle.  It's total garbage. 

Am I missing something here?  20 hours in and I have yet to experience a single change in the game's mechanics that is actually a positive one. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:22:57 AM by Handyman »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2903 on: May 14, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »
+2
I dunno what the fuck is going on with Rage 2, it somehow has the ugliest most grotesque designs that are even worse than Lawbreakers. It's like what an Offspring Concert would look like but if everyone was 70 years old.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0</a>
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:52:54 PM by a torrent of piss »

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #2904 on: May 14, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »
Make the next DOOM game you fuckers, no one gives a shit about this Rage bollocks!
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2905 on: May 14, 2018, 02:54:27 PM »
+2
YAY MORE RAGE

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2906 on: May 14, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »
Also BossKey production shut down which means both Radical heights and Lawbreakers servers are going to be turned off soon.

This leaves the games with unobtainable achievements because everything fucking requires multiplayer and grinding bullshit.

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245?s=19

It's the same shit that went down with Dark Spore, all the people who put in well over 100 bucks will soon be unable to access the game they paid for. Everything in LB and RH was more tedious and boring than going for 100% in Fortnite and Fortnite is a fucking garbage time sink.

Honestly it took me 9 hours to get the Conan Exiles platinum and that's with me dicking around on live servers for a good part of it. But it has an offline and LAN mode unlike LB and RH so even when the live servers die you still have a way to play the game, even fucking Brink did this and I also 100%ed Brink entirely by myself for a few hours because Bethesda had some foresight.

A game should still be able to function even with the online content removed and this is one of my major pet peeves. The fact that you can't complete a game because the online is dead is something that still is not fixed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:49:18 PM by a torrent of piss »

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands Sasstronaut United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2907 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:11 PM »
Wait, what? I thought we were talking about PoE1. PoE2 is an improvement but much of the retardation in the system is still there. No idea about the story although it seems to me that you need knowledge of PoE1 to full understand everything.

They got rid of a party member.  That sucks because it reduces your tactical options and it makes it virtually impossible to employ a strategy that involves keeping your spellcasters clean.  It also reduces the dialog and story options that you have available to you since party members chip in banter when they are travelling with you.

The role playing system is the same, if not worse.  You still use Might for all forms of damage.  Everything meaningful from a role playing standpoint has been completely removed from both the stats system and the equipment.  Character traits do not affect skills.  You can be functionally retarded and a master lock smith.  You can trip over your own two feet constantly and be a stealth master.  Your 90 pound wizard can lift a Volkswagen Beetle because he has a high "might".  They fucked up the spell casters in a manner that was completely unnecessary.  They made every spell a "per encounter" affair instead of the mixture of "per encounter" and "per day" that was great with the first game.  There's virtually no point to ever resting unless your characters get wounded, and it's pretty rare to have a battle that is finely tuned enough that only one or two of your characters get KO'ed but not all of them.  I don't know if food was supposed to be a limited resource, but I have huge stockpiles of it and I don't think that I have even bought any of it.  Maybe later in the game if you get a bigger crew it matters, but for now, I have about 200 food items in my inventory that I have mostly found in barrels on sitting on tables.  Ship combat gets old before you are done with your first battle.  It's total garbage. 

Am I missing something here?  20 hours in and I have yet to experience a single change in the game's mechanics that is actually a positive one.

Combat slow mode is still in. There's a slider at the bottom of the time menu.

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #2908 on: May 15, 2018, 01:40:02 AM »

combat slow mode is still in - click to the left of the semicircle at the bottom of the screen while combat is active.

edit: motherfucker!

to respond to the substance of the post, i prefer the wounds system to the weird dual-health system poe 1 had.

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2909 on: May 15, 2018, 07:31:41 AM »
+3
Nigger hasn't been a pet name since 1861
Holy fucking bon fucking mot.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2910 on: May 15, 2018, 08:11:42 AM »
+8
Bunch of trannies got banned from Twitch including narissawright or however his gay name is spelled. Fucking faggots apparently exposed themselves and showed everyone their tranny gashes, including some kids because it's fucking fortnite that they were streaming.

Fornite is the entire reason why I say 67 when people ask me how many 5th grades can i take in a fight because that was my entire killstreak. And I will never play it again because getting trash talked by a bunch of pre pubescents is just fucking weird. Like it's your parents trying to act hip and cool type of weird, it gives you a sense of unease. That and they can give it, but they sure as fuck cannot take it. Little niglets will burst out into tears over everything and get their parents to come scream at the mean guy who's hurting them online. And if it's a bunch of little hispanic kids that I'm gunning down, the father is probably about 21 so it's like Kidception and the figure of authority is worse than the actual child, especially when they send you messages over psn showing off their poorly modified handguns and awful body tattoos.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:17:10 AM by a torrent of piss »

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2911 on: May 15, 2018, 08:13:19 AM »

Combat slow mode is still in. There's a slider at the bottom of the time menu.

Ah OK thanks.  Derp.  I looked in all of the menus for a slow mode box but apparently it is on the interface instead. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:16:17 AM by Handyman »

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2912 on: May 15, 2018, 08:14:20 AM »
+10
Bunch of trannies got banned from Twitch including narissawright or however his gay name is spelled. Fucking faggots apparently exposed themselves and showed everyone their tranny gashes, including some kids because it's fucking fortnite that they were streaming.

This is one of the few times where I'm glad ATOP doesn't provide any sources

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2913 on: May 15, 2018, 08:31:21 AM »
+2
Randy Pitchford wants to team up with CliffyB apparently. This is good because together they can finally kill the first person shooter genre with bogging it down with so much bullshit that it forgets that it's an actual game.

There's also stupid bullshit going on with blizzard because typing "lmao" and other internet staples is now a bannable offense. The company just exists to chaperone esports at this point, anyone who actually cares about making actual games has long since moved on. Fuckers can't even churn out a functioning dungeon crawler anymore With stuff like Bandai Namco publishing Divinity Original Sin II other companies are filling the void where blizzard has left. And blizzar dis in such a sorry state because of that goddamn EQ fucker who played nothing but a fucking bard is in control.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #2914 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:46 AM »
+2
And blizzar dis in such a sorry state because of that goddamn EQ fucker who played nothing but a fucking bard is in control.

Fucker's hands should be so arthritic he shouldn't be able to even use a computer anymore.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2915 on: May 15, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
+4
Fortnite is one of those "I'm feeling old" moments because I genuinely don't get how it's so popular.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #2916 on: May 15, 2018, 10:34:59 AM »
+1
Fortnight felt unfinished to me, but from what I could tell from the 2 hours that I played it:

1) because death is permanent, each fight is exciting which leads to a lot of tense and dramatic moments.
2) there's a very high skill ceiling in the game, rewarding practice.
3) there's a very low skill floor in the game.  Hiding and running can get you close enough to victory to entice you to play more.
4) its the most popular game out there, which leads to a more active community and a variety of strategies and playstyles.  (ie you're not grouped with the same people using the same strategies every fucking game)
5) its a game that's fun to play with friends.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2917 on: May 15, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
+8
Fortnight is PubG with Overwatch art style.
His name was Harry Anderson

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2918 on: May 15, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
+3
Fortnite is one of those "I'm feeling old" moments because I genuinely don't get how it's so popular.
BR mode is free
It's on nearly every platform
Epic heavily promoted the BR mode and invested a lot into advterising

These three things are why it's popular.

The reason why children play it is the same reason why children play COD, but since the barrier to play is much much lower than COD you get way more kids.

If you don't believe me, the paid part of Fortnite is a ghost town. Almost nobody plays the main campaign or non BR mode arenas.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2919 on: May 15, 2018, 12:15:07 PM »
+3
I played maybe three rounds of Fortnite. Last round I played I came in second because I got sniped from outside a 6' circle of safety by a guy who should have been long dead from being in an area outside the shrinking play area.

I spent most of that round in a barn just blasting anyone who passed the doors

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2920 on: May 15, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »
+6
Remember CliffyB gave no notice to any employees that bosskey was shutting down and they literally only found out by reading twitter or by arriving at work and finding the place locked and calling around to try and find out what was going on. This after CliffyB told Epic to stop poaching his employees because Bosskey would be around forever.

Also lol @ empathetic. Are you going to stop insulting people and calling them autists because they find something wrong with your games? So many of these fucks use terms that are derogatory against people with autism and even allow an anti-autism bias in their hiring practices because high functioning autistic people are going to be technically minded and be more concerned about the end product and how it functions, which means they will find a flaw and want to spend time to fix it. While the fucking genderqueer feminists just only care about storylines and movies and fuck the actual gameplay part, they want narratives, and marketing campaigns that are socially aware. You know things not pertaining to actual hard work.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #2921 on: May 15, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
+9
Ever notice how defensive ATOP is when it comes to the tism

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands Sasstronaut United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2922 on: May 15, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
+2
I'm an anti-autite

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #2923 on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:14 AM »
+11
Just like you defend your clutch of McRibs every time you think Richard Simmons is near.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #2924 on: May 16, 2018, 07:10:31 AM »
+6
Just like you defend your clutch of McRibs every time you think Richard Simmons is near.

richard simmons hasn't been a threat to the morbidly obese since 1984. get with the times.