;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 251863 times)

David Hoggs Secret Meme Lab

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #3475 on: July 10, 2018, 06:32:32 AM »
+12
“The whole thing was highly unprofessional,” she continued. “There was zero reason for him to be there.

Imagine being so delusional you think you get to have an opinion about what meetings the president of your company attends.

“He caved to a handful of people and an army of bots and sock puppets,” she added. “Now he’s got almost every female developer I know — as well as some men — furious with him.

Imagine being so delusional you think you get to trash the company that fired you through the media and it won't impact your future prospects.

I’ve got recruiters pinging me promising they’ll steer candidates away from ArenaNet, and game design professors saying they’re going to warn their students away.

Imagine being so delusional you actually believe recruiters and "game design professors" matter in any way.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

Small Weinered Goon

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3476 on: July 10, 2018, 06:59:31 AM »
+11
I’m so tired of these stupid bitches who chimp out on twitter and expect everyone to kiss her ass for doing so.  Bring back the scold’s bridle.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3477 on: July 10, 2018, 07:01:40 AM »
+4
Bring back the scold’s bridle.
I was trying to remember the name of this a month ago. Nigga I am so game.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scold's_bridle
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:04:07 AM by The Watcher »
His name was Harry Anderson

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #3478 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48:46 AM »
+7
“I was given no opportunity to argue my case,”

Has anyone ever been fired, argued their case and had the firing overturned?

“My manager was on vacation.

This is typical.

“The whole thing was highly unprofessional,” she continued.

Agreed, you were incredibly unprofessional which is why you were fired.

“Now he’s got almost every female developer I know — as well as some men — furious with him.

Agreed. I completely believe your unemployed Twitter followers who call themselves developers are furious with him.

I’ve got recruiters pinging me promising they’ll steer candidates away from ArenaNet,

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the recruitment agency to see if anyone will actually pass up a finder's fee for a successful ArenaNet placement. Recruiters are pinging you because they wanna stick you in a temp job, collect their placement fee and move along. They're posturing. You'd probably try to find work as an actress/model if a car salesman called you pretty.

Of course people are gonna hee and haw to your face while you're on the way out of the building, but the second you round the corner on your way home, they're gonna get right back to work as if you never existed. To think otherwise is completely delusional. What the fuck did you think would happen?

"You can't treat her like this! I refuse to work in an environment that fosters such hateful discrimination! If she goes, I goo too!" And just like that, everyone stood up, quit their jobs, went home and called their parents to help them pay their mortgages/rent for the next couple months while they look for another job in a more tolerant environment. Two weeks later, ArenaNet calls everyone to issue an apology and offer them their jobs back.

"I'm important. I matter. I'm a key player in the game. I'm invaluable. No coworker would ever sell me down the river or throw me under a bus in order to to keep their own job/continue providing for their own family and they certainly would never do so under the guise of leading me to believe otherwise. I can express my convictions however I want, whenever I want, because myself and everyone around me have the level of integrity I boast about having on social media."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:10:47 AM by blasting_asshole »

David Hoggs Secret Meme Lab

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #3479 on: July 10, 2018, 08:29:13 AM »
+13
The whole thing is just her massively overestimating her value in every way, and then reeeing when reality intrudes.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

SvM

• Cishet White Male
  • Kill 'em all, and let God sort their pronouns out.
  • Awards Metal Fan Seaman (lol) Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands United Statesian old
    • Awards
« Reply #3480 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:03 AM »
+12
An HR official and a company officer that outranks her, were present.  HR wasn't really required to be present, but in her case, I'd say they were definitely required. She needs someone to explain to her how an expeditious chain of command works PERHAPS A MAN LOL

I fucking hate people like Price, who just knee-jerk shut down everything from a man that isn't fawning sycophantry to her narrative, as 'mansplaining'.  There's a difference between getting unsolicited advice from someone presuming you're incompetent, than someone just offering suggestions to someone else who is demonstrably incompetent regardless of gender.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3481 on: July 10, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »
+4
“I was given no opportunity to argue my case,”

Has anyone ever been fired, argued their case and had the firing overturned?

“My manager was on vacation.

I think she clearly had a good relationship with her immediate boss and thought she was bulletproof and expected that if she was ever in a hot spot she'd just pull the pussy pass and get a slap on the wrist. If HR and the company president are there then the other details don't matter, she's just peddling for pity as she womans up her side of the story.

To be fair in the west this is a pretty reliable ploy. Unfortunately she fucked up so bad that links further up the chain noticed.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3482 on: July 10, 2018, 11:06:25 AM »
+9
She was probably fucking her manager.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #3483 on: July 10, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
+9
It's neat how often these people come so close to having a moment of clarity but they just can't quite make that final connection to learn a lesson. Her complaining about the company caving to "a handful of people" raising hell on social media is a yuge problem right now, but 99% of the time it comes from the Left. Whoops, can't let the ol' brain notice that! So we'll just toss "bots and sock puppets" in there to pretend they're not real people and quickly move along.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #3484 on: July 10, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »
+9
It's neat how often these people come so close to having a moment of clarity but they just can't quite make that final connection to learn a lesson. Her complaining about the company caving to "a handful of people" raising hell on social media is a yuge problem right now, but 99% of the time it comes from the Left. Whoops, can't let the ol' brain notice that! So we'll just toss "bots and sock puppets" in there to pretend they're not real people and quickly move along.

Shdn't have to keep saying, but 1st only protects from gov censorship. Social/financial consequences are FREE SPEECH WORKING AS INTENDED.
https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/894937732174159873

:freud:

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #3485 on: July 10, 2018, 04:48:15 PM »
+6
I wonder if these faggots are going to try to resurrect the movement where companies get barred from even showing their software at conventions unless they meet a diversity quota.

If the comic book industry is anything to go by these faggots have really learned nothing and marvel is only staying afloat due to Disney, these fags can't think longterm or even think where the operating cost money is coming from.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3486 on: July 10, 2018, 08:01:13 PM »
+3

Shdn't have to keep saying, but 1st only protects from gov censorship. Social/financial consequences are FREE SPEECH WORKING AS INTENDED.
https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/894937732174159873

:freud:
That's true to an extent, unless the person meting out the consequences is a common carrier (which certain tech companies probably should be), but there's also such a thing as tortious interference with business relations. If you choose not to do business with someone else, that's perfectly fine. If you start putting pressure on other people to not do business with that person or making it difficult for them to do their job, then you're asking for trouble.

DangerClose

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #3487 on: July 11, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
+6
lol @ the idea anyone is steering anyone away from ArenaNet.

The games industry is not that big as far as large and reasonably profitable studios to work at. Any stereotypical rainbow-haired self-proclaimed progressive dipshit dev who whined about this on twitter would take a paying gig at ArenaNet in a fucking heartbeat if they were laid off or unhappy with their current gig. I don't see anyone quitting out of solidarity.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Seaman (lol) Ave Maria cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #3488 on: July 11, 2018, 10:50:44 PM »
+6

Jessica Price
‏ @Delafina777

Anyway, if you're a dev in this industry, take a very careful look at what ArenaNet has done, and get a guarantee from your management that they're not going to do it to you.
2:06 PM - 11 Jul 2018
Sorry to burst your bubble, princess. Every job, from McDonalds burger-flipper to Captain of Industry, has a social media policy. If you badmouth the company or its customers publicly, you will get shitcanned.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry You can't know! Boy Scout cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #3489 on: July 11, 2018, 11:22:17 PM »
+4
Neither company I work for has an official social media policy, or presence therein

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3490 on: July 12, 2018, 06:45:45 AM »
+4
Neither company I work for has an official social media policy, or presence therein
If you used an account under your name to bad mouth them (and had enough noteriety) than yeah they’d get one real quick.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3491 on: July 12, 2018, 07:16:09 AM »
+2
Apparently digging deeper there's a whole mantra about never criticizing people or their work unless you're one of the very very elite few who are allowed to do so because that means you're qualified and have the right credentials and/or progressive stack. Constructive criticism isn't even allowed because that's viewed as disguising a hurtful thing as a nice thing. It may have started at Deviant Art and other similar communities.

I actually ran into someone today who ran to HR before I was even allowed to finish. They handed me what looked like a rough thumbnail/concept and I said "Ok that's fine but for the next step we need to refine the design and bring out the detail further and I can show you some examples if you give me a second to get them". Really most of the stuff was scribbles nobody would have been able to make sense of what was there if it was turned into a blueprint or schematic. The other members would have had to spend time just deciphering it.

They really expected the rough sketch to be the final design like it was perfect in the first go. I immediately though of all the terribly drawn SJW marvel panels and then understood how an editor allowed it. It was very strange because the whole point of the creative process to to refine the initial concept and then make it viable source material for the other team members to build from.

I mean one of the first things I was taught was how to take criticism and then how to apply it to my work. But apparently that gets thrown out the window if the person was bullied since forever and spent a gorillion hours in MSPaint making the rough concept drawing.

Although the HR lady seemed rather confused because any and all advice didn't really apply to the situation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:19:29 AM by a torrent of piss »

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3492 on: July 12, 2018, 08:18:31 AM »
+7
Apparently digging deeper there's a whole mantra about never criticizing people or their work unless you're one of the very very elite few who are allowed to do so because that means you're qualified and have the right credentials and/or progressive stack. Constructive criticism isn't even allowed because that's viewed as disguising a hurtful thing as a nice thing. It may have started at Deviant Art and other similar communities.

I actually ran into someone today who ran to HR before I was even allowed to finish. They handed me what looked like a rough thumbnail/concept and I said "Ok that's fine but for the next step we need to refine the design and bring out the detail further and I can show you some examples if you give me a second to get them". Really most of the stuff was scribbles nobody would have been able to make sense of what was there if it was turned into a blueprint or schematic. The other members would have had to spend time just deciphering it.

They really expected the rough sketch to be the final design like it was perfect in the first go. I immediately though of all the terribly drawn SJW marvel panels and then understood how an editor allowed it. It was very strange because the whole point of the creative process to to refine the initial concept and then make it viable source material for the other team members to build from.

I mean one of the first things I was taught was how to take criticism and then how to apply it to my work. But apparently that gets thrown out the window if the person was bullied since forever and spent a gorillion hours in MSPaint making the rough concept drawing.

Although the HR lady seemed rather confused because any and all advice didn't really apply to the situation.

Your "work" is being a NEET who finds exploits for easy trophies in video games.  Stop lying, faggot

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #3493 on: July 12, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »
+5

Same here because I'm a straight white conservative and work with other straight white conservatives.

-We don't have a social media policy, yet everyone either keeps their mouths shut on social media.
-We don't have a dress code, yet everyone shows up in dress shoes, slacks and button down shirts looking well kept.
-We don't have a 3 strikes your out tardiness policy yet everyone shows up on time and emails their department if they're running late.
-We don't have a code of conduct, yet everyone behaves appropriately and keeps crude/inappropriate humor to hushed whispers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:34:28 AM by blasting_asshole »

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #3494 on: July 12, 2018, 09:39:32 AM »
+6

Same here because I'm a straight white conservative and work with other straight white conservatives.

-We don't have a social media policy, yet everyone either keeps their mouths shut on social media.
-We don't have a dress code, yet everyone shows up in dress shoes, slacks and button down shirts looking well kept.
-We don't have a 3 strikes your out tardiness policy yet everyone shows up on time and emails their department if they're running late.
-We don't have a code of conduct, yet everyone behaves appropriately and keeps crude/inappropriate humor to hushed whispers.

If you work in an industry like vidya, you need to have policies like that, otherwise smarmy faggots will :smug: all day explaining how they can do what they want because there aren't rules that say they can't.
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #3495 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »
+1

It is under the same rules as normal mouth word talking.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3496 on: July 12, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
+1

If you work in an industry like vidya, you need to have policies like that, otherwise smarmy faggots will :smug: all day explaining how they can do what they want because there aren't rules that say they can't.

I hate this attitude. It's incredibly juvenile and edgelord-ish.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry You can't know! Boy Scout cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #3497 on: July 12, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »
+1

It is under the same rules as normal mouth word talking.

Yeah, we don't have an official policy there either.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3498 on: July 12, 2018, 02:40:50 PM »
+2

Your "work" is being a NEET who finds exploits for easy trophies in video games.  Stop lying, faggot
I can't be a NEET if I have a degree and I'm employed and earning a wage

I would just be an N

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3499 on: July 12, 2018, 02:43:19 PM »
+3
If you're employed but not in education or training, you'd be a NET.