;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 314479 times)

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP
« Reply #3875 on: September 14, 2018, 06:29:48 PM »
+2
What's the point of letting Final Fantasy die?  None of the games are sequels and they're fundamentally different RPGs from their settings to their battle systems.  Literally the only thing they have in common is the name Final Fantasy.
What I mean is that they keep rereleasing Final Fantasy games, like the same goddamn port of FF7 we've seen time and time again is coming to Xbox with a bunch of other ports.

They have a ton of other shit they could port, remaster and remake that would be a lot more exciting than yet another port of ff9's blurry ass backgrounds.

They could remake Vagrant Story and more closely tie it to FF12.

People are starving for Chrono-related anything.

Parasite Eve wasn't the best game but had some cool ideas and great music.

There's an unreleased Secret of Mana game that they could translate.

Fucking Xenogears.

The Switch should be an unofficial PS1 emulator.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:41:32 PM by Spokker »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #3876 on: September 14, 2018, 08:45:17 PM »
+9
State of Blizzard's girl's bathroom

they got rid of real autists who cared about game balance to keep these useless pieces of shit around. Oh boy I really need some fucking motivational words when i need to take a world ending dump.

Since when does your voice specifically matter? Did you bother speaking up when Overwatch's balance began to get fucked and only got worse? how about BFA, legion, and WoD being a dumpster fire? Hey what about Diablo 3 being ignored for years? Starcraft 2 crashing and burning? You know things that affect the bottom line and longevity of the franchises that built the fucking company you work for?

Yes they have absolutely zero to do with promoting your own self esteem and whatever fucking stupid activist fad you're following, but the end results from what blizzard has put out have all been subpar with a very noticeable drop in quality. The bad releases have eclipsed the good ones at this point.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:49:16 PM by a torrent of piss »

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3877 on: September 14, 2018, 10:01:35 PM »
+15
i still don't understand why people under ~30 need constant (CONSTANT) validation just to make it through their day without breaking down

is it because of participation trophies?  did an entire generation get so insulated from disapproval and failure that they never learned how to handle it?

according to tradition, siddhartha gautama led an incredibly privileged life of luxury and seclusion.  when he was 29 years old he went on a trip and saw sick and elderly people for the first time.  the revelation shocked him so much that he abandoned his previous existence to lead a quiet, spiritual life of ascetic introspection.

somehow i don't think millennials are gonna be producing a lot of buddhas.
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #3878 on: September 14, 2018, 10:25:22 PM »
Fucking Xenogears.
Lol

Xenogears 2: 2x the pedos on the dev team.

fucking japs  :chank:

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #3879 on: September 15, 2018, 03:12:06 AM »
+3

I'm shocked that "I see you gorgeous!" and "Stay brilliant pretty" aren't considered sexist rape notes by the dangerhair crowd.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #3880 on: September 15, 2018, 05:10:56 AM »
+7
We should start aggressively using "empowering" for sarcastic purposes.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3881 on: September 15, 2018, 07:17:37 AM »
+4

This is one of the cringiest things I've ever seen. At one point I was actually thinking I'm having a stroke.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. old cold, dead hands Seaman (lol) Ave Maria Lithuanian Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3882 on: September 15, 2018, 09:27:08 AM »
+15
Notes that will stop that shit in its tracks:

"I stand up to pee!"
"Smile for the webcam!"
"Trump 2020"
*picture of an erect penis*
"A healthy balance of diet and exercise will cause weight loss!"
"equal wages for equal work"

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3883 on: September 15, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
+8
You could also start making demands to start importing female japanese game devs who actually play games. Frame it as a move towards greater diversity because the Japanese women have actually created well known functioning games. They're essentially from the same strain as Roberta Willians who put in the time and worked on the systems in the game itself until you had something running.

Many series like Resident Evil and Silent Hill had numerous female devs in higher up positions.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #3884 on: September 15, 2018, 01:06:20 PM »
+6
If they were real alpha chad'd and stacey's they'd only need a sign saying THE WORLD IS YOURS a la Scarface for a motivational message.

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Thanks Maureen. I've been dealing with that pedantic argument of not being able to spell makes me an idiot since grade school. I'm autistic with a 130+ iq who writes a graphic novel about sex abuse and with an obsession about pshycology to the point I'm more informed than my therapists about current news.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3885 on: September 15, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »
+3
Dragon Quest 11 succeeds at making the first and only tolerable and sincere gay character in a video game.

Why are not journalists showering the game with praise you ask? It's because you have to get through 3 or 4 challenging fights before you get to add him to your party.

They didn't go further than the first 5 hours at most.

kornbeef

• Unperson
  • Awards Metal Fan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon old United Statesian Scrooge cold, dead hands Better dead than red The Gentry TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #3886 on: September 15, 2018, 02:38:57 PM »
+4
Notes that will stop that shit in its tracks:

"I stand up to pee!"
"Smile for the webcam!"
"Trump 2020"
*picture of an erect penis*
"A healthy balance of diet and exercise will cause weight loss!"
"equal wages for equal work"
"Some women have penises"
"Hire Zoe Quinn"

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3887 on: September 16, 2018, 10:46:37 AM »
+5
hmmmmm

It's because they don't love comics.

Not the medium, not the art, not the characters, not the history, not the fans, nothing about it makes them happy.

They only like the idea of being comic gatekeepers and excluding those from the fandom/industry that don't pass their personal moral purity checks and punishing the wrong-thinkers.

They didn't get into the industry to produce anything and attract fans, they joined up to specifically exclude and chastise those who don't deserve to have any hobby to call their own because they're on the wrong side of history and must suffer for it. They don't like cake, but they love holding a slice of cake in front of a person they dislike while saying "See this? Well, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!" and tossing it on the ground to spite the "Nazi".

It's why titles that sell like shit are seen as such a positive thing, it means the comics fans are getting exactly what they deserve for being immoral..... strife and misery! That is their goal, not happy fans, unhappy fans.

If they woke up one morning and they were the only comic fan left, they'd orgasm as to them it'd mean they were the only one worthy of the honor, and that the title "fan" had finally been cleansed of all it's shame, not stand in mute shock that they'd destroyed the whole institution.

this makes sense

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Fascist You can't know! Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #3888 on: September 16, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »
+7
Guys these gamer gurls will be the future of gaming, create more lesbian characters for them to cosplay, make sure game chat is squeaky clean of hate speech with help of the bullyhunters, and make more EMPOWERING emotes to put in loot boxes.
°≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥°

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3889 on: September 17, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »
+23

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #3890 on: September 19, 2018, 04:33:53 AM »
+4
Who is Robert Yang you may ask?
Quote from: Wikipedia
Robert Yang is an academic, artist, and indie video game developer, whose work often explores gay subculture and the boundary between video game and art. His projects include Borges adaptation Intimate, Infinite and The Tearoom, a game which involves soliciting sex in a public toilet

this cunt is really sullying jorge luis borges' name with his perversions?  fuck me.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3891 on: September 19, 2018, 02:16:19 PM »
+3
EA is apparently dumping more money into Battlefield 5 and is essentially remaking the game from the ground up 2 months before it's supposed to come out.

What you're going to get at launch is hard to say, but man I don't get it between the bombs of Battlefront 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age inquisition, just one of these games alone would have been enough to sink 99% of any of the other studios. But Somehow EA keeps going despite now having one major fucking hiroshima sized fuck up atleast once every year.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #3892 on: September 19, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »
+5
Apparently? What made it apparent to you?

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3893 on: September 19, 2018, 02:29:59 PM »
+2
Apparently? What made it apparent to you?
They're framing it as the sexists forced them to reveal hidden secret things that they were certainly doing all along and this isn't a radical heights oh shit emergency plan that was concocted 2 weeks ago because your game is losing pre-order sales to Spyro The Dragon.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut cold, dead hands Better dead than red Italian United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #3894 on: September 19, 2018, 02:58:59 PM »
+2
EA is apparently dumping more money into Battlefield 5 and is essentially remaking the game from the ground up 2 months before it's supposed to come out.

What you're going to get at launch is hard to say, but man I don't get it between the bombs of Battlefront 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age inquisition, just one of these games alone would have been enough to sink 99% of any of the other studios. But Somehow EA keeps going despite now having one major fucking hiroshima sized fuck up atleast once every year.

But all of those games were financially successful except I'd guess Andromeda. How does a company sink if they're making money?

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #3895 on: September 19, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »
+8
Atop gonna atop.

Protip: Just ignore him.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3896 on: September 19, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »
+2

But all of those games were financially successful except I'd guess Andromeda. How does a company sink if they're making money?

Technically they weren't due to EA's accounting bullshittery none of them did well enough to be used for a shield like Madden and Fifa are, Battlefront 2 was apparently a bigger upset than Andromeda due to their real money system being thrown in the trash. They spent a ton of money making battlefront 2 look polished figuring that long term the costs would make themselves up like GTA5's online system. But that backfired in their face big time.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:09:54 PM by a torrent of piss »

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #3897 on: September 19, 2018, 04:42:47 PM »
+7
How about you back your fever dream bullshit up with some actual sources for change you dumb fuck?

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #3898 on: September 19, 2018, 04:48:55 PM »
+5
No guys they’re gonna make battlefield 5 from the ground up in 2 months. This is a totally realistic and plausible scenario. A tentpole AAA game in just 2 months, from pre alpha to gold. After all, ET for the Atari was made in just 5 weeks by only 1 man. Surely EA has more than 1 programmer on staff.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:51:16 PM by Morty Doom »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3899 on: September 19, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »
+4
No guys they’re gonna make battlefield 5 from the ground up in 2 months. This is a totally realistic and plausible scenario. A tentpole AAA game in just 2 months, from pre alpha to gold. After all, ET for the Atari was made in just 5 weeks by only 1 man. Surely EA has more than 1 programmer on staff.
The devs are begging people to stay after the beta turned out to be a disaster so when they promised to change aesthetics, make entire new levels, change the way ranking/class systems work, they're essentially promising a whole new game. For reference everyone hated all the new levels and liked none of them and this is for multiplayer. Someone pointed out that one of the MP levels was made like how the Original MP levels were in mario kart 8, they were just mirrored stuff from the single player campaign and zero thought were put into them to accommodate more than a single person. Like this isn't a general re-use of assets that's normal, it's a direct copy and paste of everything.

This is more than what a patch will fix because they're talking about removing entire core systems that the game was based around.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:03:01 PM by a torrent of piss »