;

Author Topic: Das Rayciss: Finding Racism in Cooking Utensils, Sidewalks, and Salad Dressing  (Read 14031 times)

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
It's a fad and I can't wait for all these little bs breweries to tank.
Craft Beer has replaced Wine tasting in some circles for over 5 years now. Lots of little restaurants will contract out their own brand so I don't see all those breweries closing. Unless of course they try to (("diversify"))
His name was Harry Anderson

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
It's not imminent, but there will eventually be a whole lot less of it.

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Anglican Boy Scout
    • Awards
Paying twice as much for beer that tastes like shit? Where do I sign up? :dubya:

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
I thought most of the smaller breweries were bought by anheusur busch and coors.

Mad at the Internet

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
I thought most of the smaller breweries were bought by anheusur busch and coors.

I've read where some of them have been. It's the old tech bubble "Microsoft will come buy us out. We'll be richer than astronauts!" but on the craft beer scene. I don't know how much longer it can play out before some of these places start going tits up, though.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
It's a fad and I can't wait for all these little bs breweries to tank.

It's already happening. Like anything, the industry overexpanded when times were good, assuming there was infinite demand and room to grow. There wasn't and lots of overambitious local brewers are closing up shop. I suspect what will happen is this: There will always be the large, low quality macrobrewers (InBev, Coors, etc) then the major minor breweries like Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas, etc and there will be a lot of small operations that don't have much reach beyond their local areas.

I've read where some of them have been. It's the old tech bubble "Microsoft will come buy us out. We'll be richer than astronauts!" but on the craft beer scene. I don't know how much longer it can play out before some of these places start going tits up, though.

Yeah, a number of the major minor brewers have been either bought out or have sold a controlling stake to Big Beer, who are looking to diversify their offerings. They're trying to stem the loss of customers that's been going on for years by having a higher quality, higher product in their line up.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Paying twice as much for beer that tastes like shit? Where do I sign up? :dubya:
Dead Guy and Port City Optimal Wit are damn good beers and I will fight you :madgoon:
His name was Harry Anderson

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
The City of St. Louis reopens the Gateway Arch Museum after spending $380 million to revitalize it.  Lots of family friendly fun for everyone: https://www.stltoday.com/news/special-reports/arch/photos-arch-museum-reopens-to-visitors/collection_88fd7c18-8872-5258-9963-7c3858c2288a.html#1

The reopening took place on July 3rd.  Here's the ribbon cutting!  What you are about to see is apparently so triggering that it sent some people to the fainting couches:

Yep, not a single proud POC or WOC among them.  They couldn't let this raycism go unchecked so they did another ribbon cutting ceremony, this time with the "vibrant" members of St. Louis: https://fox2now.com/2018/07/06/minority-leaders-hold-do-over-ribbon-cutting-event-at-gateway-arch/

“I didn’t do the planning. I did not do the inviting. That’s not an excuse," said St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson. "In the future going forward, we have a policy we’re going to ask, 'Who’s invited, who's going to come,' because the optics are important and we understand that.”

Never forget how much these people hate you, whitey

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
I’m just happy that all of the problems of systemic violence and generational poverty in St Louis have been solved and the community can focus on the really important issues like what color other people are allowed to be when you’re taking their picture.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Tendies Necromancer
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
I'm loving that they dug up a black dude in a wheelchair who looks like he's got cerebral palsy or some other degenerative disorder. Nice optics there.

"We didn't do shit to make this happen but we want some credit anyway!"   :goonette: