;

Author Topic: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others  (Read 119730 times)

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Better dead than red Deplorables
    • Awards
Re: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others
« Reply #1050 on: August 17, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »
+1
DC really doesn't do whimsy but when it does stuff like Batman brave and the Bold it's top notch(brave and the Bold also has the only likable version of Aquaman and also contains a Space Ghost and batman Teamup).

This is probably the first true thing you've said. :nixon:
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others
« Reply #1051 on: August 17, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »
+4
Good news everybody!  DC Comics is relaunching its Vertigo imprint (Sandman, Preacher, et al) with several brand news comics

The optimist in me wonders if this is DC's way of quarantining the poz so that when Vertigo fails they can say "Well, we tried!" and move on.

:smug:
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Those are all parodies, right? I seriously can't tell anymore. :stare:

Nope, these are from the actual comics that were mentioned previously in the thread that Vertigo was putting out.

It's my understanding that Vertigo (and Batgirl) is what DC is using to contain the majority of the SJW wokeness.

Yeah DC seems to be decent at doing that in comparison to Marvel.  Wildstorm is in turn the exact opposite.  Thatís where characters like Mr. Majestic, aka a Superman from a warlike species with little desire to hold back against bad guys, and The Authority, a team who cares nothing about collateral damage and tend to be pretty fascist like in punishing bad guys.

The Authority are childish authoritarians with woke worldviews.  This is most obvious in Brubaker's run, where it's apparent how much they hate the common man.  This depiction followed them fighting an evil cartoon of the establishment in Millar's run, and made obvious that despite how they might have looked good in comparison there, if given power the only way they could be viewed as an improvement would be because they have magic technology and literal magic to hand and because they'd been set up against cardboard cutouts. 

They do fight some '40s era heroes who can be viewed as right-wing, but they're absolute caricatures of the worst types of such people, which I took as being Brubaker saying 'Yeah, I had to make them like this for the Authority to be even vaguely sympathetic'.  Majestic is vaguely fascist but sympathetic, as he is more benevolently paternal and protective than controlling.  WildCATs (at least in their 3.0 incarnation) are kind of in-between, in that they maybe lean left but try to work within legitimate current power structures in a way that involves the average person.  They're the adults to the Authority's tantrum-throwing children.

I'd say 'if they were done today it'd be unreadable', but Warren Ellis' Wild Storm has been great so far and has run on more feelings of general paranoia and distrust of government power structures, despite a bunch of random sexuality/race/gender swaps which early on boded ill.  He seems to have ditched a lot of the political and satirical elements of the Authority, which I'm happy with, as I think it marries up better with the core of the Wildstorm U.  I'm fine with a comic leaning left implicitly if it doesn't catastrophically tilt left explicitly.

Diamond Dallas Page

• Unperson
    • Awards
Those are cringe as fuck. Is the soy brigade lapping it up? Probably not because I remember reading that most comic book sales are down..

The only demographic that goes for woke garbage is "people employed in human resources".

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Those are cringe as fuck. Is the soy brigade lapping it up? Probably not because I remember reading that most comic book sales are down..

The only demographic that goes for woke garbage is "people employed in human resources".

I work in government in a country where there's been a staff freeze restricting our numbers to 2006 - 2007 levels.  Government bloat is a real thing, but in some areas this is really screwing things up.  Whenever the issue comes up for discussion I say we could easily create enough new positions to attract people if the entire diversity bureaucracy was fired overnight (we have whole teams of people dedicated to 'diversity' lol).