;

Author Topic: Our embarrassing little brother: The Canada Thread  (Read 34295 times)

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
Re: Our embarrassing little brother: The Canada Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2018, 09:37:04 PM »
+4
Trudeau's kid is the only good part of this gay trip:

Can someone give me context to this picture because I'm absolutely dying right now :tom:

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2018, 11:31:23 PM »
+3
trudeau's kid is so hip he's planking?
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2018, 12:03:12 AM »
+3
if you mean like a little fagbabby sure

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2018, 12:03:33 AM »
+2
he's hip alright

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Soldier Wounded in the line of posting. For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Texan The Gentry cold, dead hands Motorcyclist TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2018, 02:35:56 AM »
+5
Trudeau's kid is the only good part of this gay trip:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:40:24 AM by Ass Diamond »

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2018, 04:48:14 AM »
+2
Would Trumps kids behave like that on the world stage? This man can't even control his own(?) crotch spawn.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:32:36 AM by The Watcher »
His name was Harry Anderson

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Fascist Better dead than red Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2018, 06:13:37 AM »
+13
"Look daddy am I a real Indian? I see this in the street all the time"

*squats on the floor*
°≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥°

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2018, 07:27:36 AM »
+7
Would Trumps kids behave like that on the world stage? This man can't even control his own(?) crotch spawn.

Lest we forget:

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: February 26, 2018, 09:58:18 AM »
+4
Seems legit.  :adam:

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »
+1

Lest we forget:

It wouldn’t be very easy to doxx this guy to determine if he even went to the same college as this guy. But even then, he didn’t pull this shit in front of the press.
His name was Harry Anderson

Hugh G. Gaines

• Unperson
  • Back To Basics
  • Awards You can't know! Better dead than red United Statesian Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »
+3
New Black Pidgeon video on just how fucked Canada is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGvlg0-RM5A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGvlg0-RM5A</a>

TL;DW: rip in leaf canucks
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:25:55 PM by Hugh G. Gaines »

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
+8
The segregation thing is absolutely true.  I've told the story in strug about the time I went to a huge shopping mall in Montreal and there wasn't a single Canadian in the whole place.  It was just wall-to-wall angry-looking arabs shopping at Lady Footlocker and getting Orange Juliuses.  Fucking surreal to see that in Canada of all places.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »
+14
Day of the rake is real but it won't be done by American hands.

The Chinese will enact South African style land grabs and the canadian politicians will come up with some excuse to allow it because they'll say whitey did something back in the 1500's that made the yellow man sad.

Two terms

Two Walls

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2018, 07:59:27 AM »
+3
I know fuckall about Cannadian politics, immigration, etc, I just always assumed it's a country you can't really fuck up.

-High quality of life.
-Good currency exchange rate.
-Good deal of oil.
-Way more land than citizens.
-Not a highly desirable place to live in a sense that it's not an exotic place everyone wants to experience.
-Gibbs are pretty easy and it's recipients are low-maintenance compared to the American nigger/spic.
-Much less niggers and no gang violence.
-Not a world superpower so no need for military spending when you have America to the south.

Toronto had a raging crackhead for a mayor and they did just fine, during that time.

How bad could even the worst PM fuck up Canada? Even ~Literally Hitler~ probably wouldn't be able to rally enough Canadians to start a 3rd reich. You could institute some really crazy shit and most of Saskatchewan A) Won't get the memo. B) Will vote to re-elect you, because you're the guy they're at least semi-familiar with, already.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:02:35 AM by blasting_asshole »

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
+18
The thing is Canada is so vast and sparsely populated that Trudeau's policies may fuck up places like Toronto and Vancouver, but the fact of the matter is most of the rural provinces are still overwhelmingly white because immigrants don't want to live there. If you're in a smaller city, say a Muncton, or a Charlottetown or a Corner Brook, you have to go out of your way to see a black person. I see someone who is of non-european descent maybe, twice a month?

The thing is, I'm not even outright anti-immigration. It's just this insane notion that there's some moral imperative to import as many non-whites as possible in order have a diverse population is absolutely confounding. I don't think having a culturally diverse population is necessarily a bad thing, but why is it something that we HAVE to do? Like, what positive spinoffs make cultural diversity such an important thing to have? The government keeps preaching the need to have a diverse population, but no one is bothering to explain why and if you ask you're a racist. Of course people are going to think there's come conspiracy to replace whites at work if you won't give some objective, practical reason why cultural diversity should be one of the primary goals of Canadian society. If it's so important why can't you just tell us what makes it so important? If diversity is our greatest strength, how is it our greatest strength? How are we weaker without it?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:26:01 AM by Got Milk? »

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Better dead than red Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
+12
How are you going to get Eritrean food delivered to your 500sq/ft apartment without diversity? Checkmate, bigot. :smug:
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2018, 03:03:53 AM »
+11
The thing is, I'm not even outright anti-immigration. It's just this insane notion that there's some moral imperative to import as many non-whites as possible in order have a diverse population is absolutely confounding. I don't think having a culturally diverse population is necessarily a bad thing, but why is it something that we HAVE to do? Like, what positive spinoffs make cultural diversity such an important thing to have? The government keeps preaching the need to have a diverse population, but no one is bothering to explain why and if you ask you're a racist. Of course people are going to think there's come conspiracy to replace whites at work if you won't give some objective, practical reason why cultural diversity should be one of the primary goals of Canadian society. If it's so important why can't you just tell us what makes it so important? If diversity is our greatest strength, how is it our greatest strength? How are we weaker without it?

I know you already know this, but the answer to all those questions is that you forgot the 6 million.

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout Anglican 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2018, 08:11:36 AM »
+1

I know you already know this, but the answer to all those questions is that you forgot the 6 million.

This is a reference I'm not getting. Help me out, bud.

*Edit* Oh Jews, gotcha. I thought it was some reference to the number of people of East Asian descent in Canada or something. The Chinese own Toronto and Vancouver, and they are rapidly buying up Montreal. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:26:38 AM by Got Milk? »

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Domestic Threat
  • Do you like triggering other people?
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »
+22

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2018, 07:41:02 PM »
+7
I guess there's a thing where Canada's indigenous people have been committing random acts of crime on Canadian farm land.  I guess dey dindu nuffins up there either:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Colten_Boushie

Boushie was a resident of the Cree Red Pheasant First Nation of Saskatchewan. He and four friends drove to a farmhouse near Biggar, Saskatchewan, owned by Gerald Stanley. They first claimed that they had a flat tire and went there for help, but Stanley ran out with a gun and shot Colten while he was sleeping in the backseat.

Damn, sounds rough.  Obviously the work of a racist.  Were they telling the truth?  Let's find out:

Once they were granted immunity for any actions for that day, they then told the truth. That they had been drinking and were previously at another farm trying to steal, and then got a flat tire and went to Stanley's and ended up breaking their shot gun while trying to use it to break into the truck. They also admitted that they did not ask for help and then one of the group tried to start up an ATV on the property, then tried to run over Stanley's son with their SUV. They also admitted to assaulting Stanleys wife. And that Colten was driving and not passed out in the back.

Haha, whoops, an innocent mistake!

Stanley reacted by retrieving a handgun from his shed and firing two warning shots into the air to scare the group off his property. Stanley then noticed he could not see his wife and was worried she was under the SUV, that had now hit another vehicle. Stanley then struggled with Colten to get the SUV keys, which belonged to Colten's friend but Colten was driving. It was then during the struggle that Colten was shot in the neck right below the ear. Stanley's defence was that it was an accident, and asserted a third round loaded into the magazine was fired, yet failed to detonate, precipitating a hang-fire. Stanley then reportedly attempted to remove keys from a vehicle belonging to Boushie's friend, and Colten was driving, the two struggled over the keys but in doing so, as a result of the hang-fire, accidentally shot Boushie once in the neck right below his ear killing him instantly.

They should have just let these adults (not kids) run around wild!  By the way, Boushie was 22 years old when this happened (August 9, 2016).  Obviously just a kid turning his life around.  He was gonna be a welder or whatever the fuck injuns in Canada like to aspire to do.

Much like St. Michael of Ferguson or Baby TrayTray, Stanley was supposed to just let minorities do whatever the fuck they want to do and if they break the law, it's because of muh raycism.  Well anyway, Gerald Stanley gets acquitted and the Canadian left got extremely asshurt.  Here's some selections from Wikipedia on this:

Following the announcement of the acquittal, about 1,000 people, including the mayor of Saskatoon, Charlie Clark,[24] gathered at a rally at the Saskatoon court house to show support for Boushie's family and to express frustration with the acquittal.[24] Other rallies and vigils took place in Battleford, Winnipeg, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Toronto, and Ottawa to challenge the verdict.[24] Clint Wuttunee, Chief of the Red Pheasant First Nation, called the verdict "absolutely perverse" and stated that "an all-white jury formed the twisted view of that obvious truth and found Stanley not guilty".[36][17]

In response to the verdict, Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations's Vice-chief David Pratt, challenged the jury selection system, saying that "defence counsel used peremptory challenges to block every potential juror who appeared to be Indigenous".[24] Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issued a statement on February 10, saying, "I am going to say we have come to this point as a country far too many times. Indigenous people across this country are angry, they're heartbroken and I know Indigenous and non-Indigenous Canadians alike know that we have to do better."[24] Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe said he would be meeting with Trudeau and with First Nations leadership.[24]

Canadian Justice Minister and Attorney General of Canada Jody Wilson-Raybould made a comment in a Tweet that Canada "can and must do better".[37] Jagmeet Singh, a criminal defence lawyer and the Leader of the New Democratic Party, told reporters on February 13 that "justice was not served for Colten Boushie".[38]

Toronto-based criminal defence lawyer Sean Robichaud said that it was "wholly inappropriate for elected officials to publicly undermine findings of a lawfully delivered verdict, particularly when it is one of a jury".[39] He cautioned that there could be ramifications. "By commenting on a particular case, it may affect the ability for Crown to proceed with the case if an appeal is granted."[38] Lisa Raitt, Deputy Leader of the Conservative Party, Rob Nicholson, and other Conservatives also criticized comments by Trudeau and Wilson-Raybould.[39]

At a press conference hosted by Saskatoon Tribal Council, Mayor Clark described the "high-profile trial and its aftermath—which included rallies across Canada—represent a defining moment for this community and this country".[24][40] The Saskatoon StarPhoenix reported that Clark called for a "prompt reckoning across the country" as the acquittal had sparked "anxiety and anger".[40] Many chiefs across Saskatchewan, including northern communities, travelled to Saskatoon to attend the rally.[24]

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) issued a statement to remind concerned parties to "conduct themselves in a peaceful and civil manner regardless of the outcome", warning that "people will be held responsible for what they say or post online and police will investigate any complaints of suspected criminal behaviour".[41]

On February 10, thousands attended rallies across Canada in a day-of-action activities to support Boushie's family.[42] About 200 people gathered at Toronto's Nathan Phillips Square to protest the verdict that day.[43] On February 12, over 300 people gathered to march from Calgary City Hall to Reconciliation Bridge, in temperatures and wind chill that felt like −28 °C, to show support for Colten Boushie's family.[44]

By February 11, Colten Boushie's mother Debbie Baptiste, his cousin Jade Tootoosis, and uncle Alvin[45] had travelled to Ottawa from their remote community for potential meetings with Wilson-Raybould, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale and other ministers, to advocate for justice. Along with calling for an end to peremptory challenges in the jury selection system, they are also challenging "a number of systemic problems in the justice system, as well as specific complaints arising from the way Mr. Boushie's death was investigated and prosecuted".[29]

Long story short, Canada was pissed that the law did its job and there are numerous probes into making sure the RCMP and other agencies roll over in the case of racial "grievances"

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin' Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2018, 10:01:24 PM »
+6
Day of the rake is real but it won't be done by American hands.

The Chinese will enact South African style land grabs and the canadian politicians will come up with some excuse to allow it because they'll say whitey did something back in the 1500's that made the yellow man sad.

Two terms

Two Walls

The Queen owns more than 90% of the land in Canada.  I'm sure her soyboy son will parcel it out to our most cherished minorities once he is crowned

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »
+7
Indian shit that is too long to quote.

I'd say somewhere between 65-85% of Canada is on Stanley's side. Don't believe the media lies. When they show pictures of "Justice for Colton" protests across the country it's often like 25 people in a city of hundreds of thousands holding a bristol board sign on the courthouse steps. People know the right thing happened in the Stanley case. They're scared to say it publicly for fear of being called raciest, but their vote in the 2019 election will not be public. There's a reason the Conservatives have passed the Liberals in the polls lately.

Did Trudeau's botched India trip lose the Liberals their polling lead?

Then man on the street is openly saying Trudeau does not know what the fuck he is doing. I credit the disastrous India trip, combined with his "gender-based budget". Even 22 Minutes, a notably left-leaning sketch comedy show on CBC has been ragging on him:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbmHVnA0JLg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbmHVnA0JLg</a>

If Trudeau gets in again in 2019 and keeps doing what he's doing, the election in 2023 will look a lot like the most recent one in Italy. However, a year and a half out from the 2019 election, it's already not looking good for the liberals.

Trudeau's behavior at closed-door cacus meetings has recently come to light.

A bit of background, the liberals introduced a long-gun registry in the early 2000s. It had very little support outside of big cities, was largely seen as a cash grab, and was later repealed by the conservatives. Keep in mind, you still need a license and have to do a safety course to own a gun, the registry actually meant that you had to pay a fee to register each individual rifle you owned. Anyway, if you read the article I linked, you will see Trudeau's Liberals are working on some new gun control legislation, and Liberal back benchers from rural areas have expressed concern that they will lose a bunch of rural seats to the cons. The article is paywalled so I'll post it here:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s angry response to a rural MP’s concerns raised at a recent national caucus meeting on the Hill over the government’s upcoming gun legislation did not go over well with some Liberal MPs who say it will have a “chilling” effect on their ability to speak candidly at the closed-door meetings.

According to Liberal MPs and insiders, Mr. Trudeau (Papineau, Que.) verbally “attacked” rookie Liberal MP T.J. Harvey (Tobique-Mactaquac, N.B.), chair of the Liberal rural caucus, during the Feb. 28 national caucus meeting on Parliament Hill. Mr. Harvey stood up to say that there was a “lack” of meaningful consultation with the caucus over the government’s upcoming gun control legislation.

“Justin was much too vitriolic and attacked him,” one Liberal MP, referring to Mr. Harvey, told The Hill Times, who spoke on condition of anonymity since the closed-door caucus meetings are confidential. “We’re also supposed to have the right to voice our opinion.”

This MP said the soon to be tabled gun legislation is “scaring the hell out of the Liberal caucus,” especially the ones representing rural ridings.

Citing confidentiality, in a telephone interview with The Hill Times, Mr. Harvey, chair of the 55-member Liberal rural caucus, declined to comment on his exchange with the prime minister at the meeting. But Liberal MPs who were present in the caucus told The Hill Times that Mr. Harvey told Mr. Trudeau that rural MPs feel that there has not been adequate consultation with them on the gun legislation expected to be tabled in the coming weeks.

According to sources, Mr. Trudeau, “went after” Mr. Harvey and “asserted” that there has already been a “robust, more than sufficient consultation,” and no more consultation was needed. Sources said that the whole caucus was taken aback by the prime minister’s unusually angry tone, which they said would have an “intimidating effect” on MPs’ willingness to raise issues in future caucus meetings.

“He has to be able to hear the criticisms as well,” said the MP. “It will put a bit of a chill. It’s important that people feel free to speak up.”

The weekly national caucus meetings held by each party are a forum for all caucus members to have an open and frank conversations about national issues, and the issues in their respective ridings, with their party leaders.

Some MPs also questioned, in interviews with The Hill Times last week, why Gerald Butts, principal secretary to Mr. Trudeau, and Katie Telford, chief of staff to the prime minister, regularly attend the national caucus meetings which are only for elected MPs. They pointed out that chiefs of staff and principal secretaries were not allowed to attend all the national caucus during the tenures of then Liberal prime ministers Jean Chrétien and Paul Martin. They said national caucus meetings are meant to give an opportunity to rank and file MPs to speak their minds without fear of retribution from senior PMO political aides who advise the prime minister on key cabinet decisions and all functions of the machinery of the government.

“There needs to be more time where only elected representatives are in the room,” the MP said.

Mr. Butts and Ms. Telford have been attending national caucus meetings regularly since the Liberals formed government after the 2015 election. At the first caucus meeting on the Hill in November 2015, Mr. Trudeau introduced both of his senior staffers to the caucus, and told his MPs that any communication from them should be deemed as coming from him. A personal friend of Mr. Trudeau from his university days, Mr. Butts is known as the most influential staffer in the government, and some mockingly call him “PM Butts.” One MP said that Mr. Butts and Ms. Telford have the “ultimate say” in what happens in this government.

P.E.I. Liberal Sen. Percy Downe, former chief of staff to former prime minister Jean Chrétien, told The Hill Times last week the PMO staffers did not attend caucus meetings during Mr. Chrétien’s 10 years in power so that caucus members could privately discuss issues.

“No one from the PMO attended national caucus meetings, but every government is different,” said Sen. Downe. “It was the attitude that the meeting was for the MPs and Senators to be able to speak frankly.”

Tim Murphy, former chief of staff to former prime minister Paul Martin echoed the same view, although he said he did attend some meetings where there were special circumstances.

“As you know, I wasn’t an elected official myself. So, my view was, to a certain extent, those caucus events were opportunities for the caucus to talk among themselves which included, obviously, the prime minister, who was a caucus member, and to have those discussions without staff. But that practice varies depending on the prime minister and the chief of staff,” said Mr. Murphy, now a partner in the law firm of McMillan LLP in Toronto. “The principal of having an opportunity for the elected members to speak freely without staff is fine. I understand that, and I never had a problem with that.”

Liberal MPs told The Hill Times that they would not object to Mr. Butts and Ms. Telford attending caucus meetings in special circumstances, such as where there is a presentation from the party on election readiness, fundraising, polling, or on any other important issue. But they said, otherwise, only elected MPs should be able to attend and have discussions privately behind closed doors.

“It’s a place for elected people,” a second MP told The Hill Times.

Guy Giorno, former chief of staff to former prime minister Stephen Harper, in an emailed response told The Hill Times he used to regularly attend national caucus meetings, and that Ray Novak, principal secretary to Mr. Harper, did attend some meetings, and not all. Mr. Giorno said that he used to attend caucus meetings whether Mr. Harper was present in the caucus or not, to “take notes of action items and items requiring follow-up.” He pointed out that during caucus meetings, he never sat with caucus members and sat along a wall in the caucus room separate from MPs and Senators. Mr. Giorno also said that when he served as chief of staff to then-Ontario premier Mike Harris, he also used to attend caucus meetings at Queen’s Park.

“I was careful in my seating and my conduct to demonstrate respect for the fact that this meeting belonged to the caucus and that I was only present in a staff capacity in order to record items necessary for action and follow-up,” wrote Mr. Giorno, who now is a partner in the law firm of Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP. “I should also add that I was present for the entire caucus meeting, whether or not the prime minister or premier was there.”

Four-term Liberal MP Mark Holland (Ajax, Ont.), parliamentary secretary to Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale (Wascana, Sask.), disagreed that Mr. Butts and Ms. Telford should not be present in the caucus meetings. He said it’s “incredibly important” that the PMO staff are aware about the views of MPs on regional, and national issues, and upcoming pieces of legislation.

“It’s incredibly important for staff to hear the concerns and views of caucus,” said Mr. Holland who served as MP from 2004-2011, lost the 2011 election, and was elected again in 2015. “They listen attentively to what’s being said and that’s important.”

Liberal MP Greg Fergus (Hull-Aylmer, Que.) agreed. “Without revealing what happens in caucus, I can certainly say that I have no reason to believe that not one of us has not expressed fully and frankly our feelings with each other and with the prime minister,” said Mr. Fergus, who in the past also served as the Liberal Party’s national director. “We have a really, really great and robust discussions at our caucus meetings.”

Mr. Holland and Mr. Fergus also dismissed the suggestion that their government has not consulted the caucus sufficiently on the gun legislation expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks. Mr. Holland said that he talked to every Liberal MP who had any interest in this legislation, in some cases “11,12, 13” times.

“I haven’t heard that,” said Mr. Holland. “Unless I moved in with somebody, I don’t know how I could have more consultations with people.”

When reminded that Mr. Harvey raised the issue of insufficient consultation in the last caucus meeting, in front of all Liberal MPs, including Mr. Trudeau, he said: “Look, as I say, the consultations on what was in the platform has been not only exhaustive, but of course we all ran on what was in the platform,” said Mr. Holland. “There’s no surprises.”

The Hill Times reported last April that Mr. Goodale held a consultation session on gun legislation with Liberal MPs on Feb. 21, 2017, in the Sir John A. Macdonald Building. Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould (Vancouver Granville, B.C.) also attended the meeting.

At dissolution prior to the 2015 election, Liberals had 36 MPs in the caucus, but won 184 seats making a net gain of 148 seats. An overwhelming majority of the Liberal caucus is made up of first-time MPs, and the 2019 election will be their first re-election campaign. Liberal sources said the possibility of any negative reaction to the gun legislation, especially in rural ridings, make these MPs worried about their prospects in 2019.

According to Elections Canada, an electoral district entirely composed of rural polling divisions is deemed as a rural riding. Of the 338 total ridings across the country, just three meet this criteria. A riding consisting entirely of urban polling divisions is considered urban. There are 166 ridings like this out of the maximum 338. There are 71 rural/urban ridings where most of the polling stations, but not all, are considered rural. And there are another 98 mixed ridings where the balance goes more toward the urban side, and those considered urban/rural.

Of the 71 rural/urban ridings, the Conservatives won 37, the Liberals 28, the NDP five, and Bloc one.

Some Liberal MPs and political insiders told The Hill Times that their key concern with the consultation process was that it has to be meaningful, and wondered if their concerns would be addressed in the legislation. They also questioned if their leadership, including the senior PMO staff, would be able to handle the “blowback” from the Conservatives, and other opponents of gun control. With recent public opinion polls heading in the wrong direction, and considering the way the PMO handled Mr. Trudeau’s India trip, along with other self-inflicted gaffes—including the PM’s vacation at the Aga Khan’s private island, and around the corporate tax changes—MPs and political insiders said they’re forced to second guess the judgment of the senior staffers.

These Liberals said that party platform explicitly pledged not to create a new national long gun registry, and they know it’s not going to happen, but still they think their political opponents and some in the “gun lobby” will wrongly make rural Canadians believe that the Liberals have brought back the gun registry, or spin the legislation in some other negative way which will generate a storm of “pushback, blowback and overplay.” Liberals said that they worry that some rural MPs who won by close margins could lose their seats if this issue is not handled properly, and they are nervous because they feel they are not being listened to. Most are nervous rookies MPs who feel like they can’t be honest or critical in national caucus meetings.

“The track record that this government has on communications is not stellar, and this is an issue that needs very good communication,” a former senior Liberal political strategist said. “There’s enough headaches in politics without inviting more.”

Liberal MPs and insiders also wondered why Mr. Goodale hosted the one-day National Summit on the Gun and Gang Violence in Ottawa last week during a break week when all Parliamentarians are in their ridings and regions. They said it should have been held when Parliament was in session so that they could have attended.

But Mr. Fergus told The Hill Times that it’s never easy to find a time for these summits that’s convenient for all or most Parliamentarians. Also, he said, when Parliament is in session, there’s usually not enough time for MPs and Senators to attend because of the busy parliamentary work schedule.

Some MPs interviewed said that they wish the government had not touched the gun issue in their current mandate, because they fear political consequences in the next election. When reminded that this would have meant breaking the election promise, a third MP said:

“I don’t think it’s needed at this time, look, ‘we’ve got other things we’ve got to do,’” said the MP.

Mr. Harvey declined to comment on the level of consultation with rural Liberal MPs, again citing caucus confidentiality. However, he hoped that the upcoming legislation would be balanced and represent the interests of both rural and urban Canadians.

TLDR: Trudeau did not communicate with the MPs who represent the people a new piece of legislation will most effect. When the concerned was raised by these MPs, which is their job as representatives of the people in their riding I might add,  Trudeau totally shut them down. This was a bloc of MPs which in total represent 15-20% of the entire country! He also brings his personally appointed, non-elected officials to participate to weekly meetings meant to offer MPs elected by Canadians a chance to discuss how issues affect people they were elected to represent.

Now look at this video where a left-wing protester disrupts a talk being given by Jorden Peterson about compelled speech:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VrHhMoH64" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VrHhMoH64</a>

How can you be so blind when you live in a country where the prime minister is taking his appointed lackeys to caucus meetings and shutting down concerns brought forward by his own democratically elected MPs? How can you live in a country where the Prime Minister is effectively silencing the only voice a huge chunk of the population possesses in parliament, and say there is no such thing as compelled speech? I live in a rural/urban riding currently represented by a Liberal MP. If the Liberals table a bill that goes against the best interests of the people in my riding, my democratically elected MP will be compelled to vote against my interests or he will be kicked out of caucus. How the fuck is that not compelled speech? How is that democracy?

Justin Trudeau is a rich trust fund kid from an extremely wealthy family who is not used to being told "No Justin, you can't have it." Well, I wager the Canadian people will soon tell him he can't be prime minister anymore.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJF7EuWyUfY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJF7EuWyUfY</a>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:49:29 AM by Got Milk? »

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2018, 10:40:54 AM »
+8
A bunch of new articles out today about how fucked the Liberals are if an election were held today.

The first, from the Globe & Mail should be a shock to no one.

Justin Trudeau is losing the male voter. Can the PM win him back?

It contains this graph, which is lol as fuck:

They've mashed the gender button as hard as they can and as one would expect, This has led to them hemorrhaging male voter support. However, the trend has also been a slight downward slop in female support over time. Trudeau has been pandering to women so hard he is driving them away.

The second is an article on Global that states the liberals are losing EVERYONE's support.

Liberal approval rating drops to 44% as women, middle class look to Tories: Ipsos poll

Discontent with the Trudeau Liberals has grown to such a level that if a federal election were held tomorrow, the Conservatives would romp to a comfortable win.

What was the turning point?

As for the causes behind the Liberals’ slide, Bricker says that while the government has generally had a difficult six months or so, it was the prime minister’s troubled trip to India that looks to be the straw that broke the camel’s back.

“What it seems to have done is created a bit of a bursting of the dam. I think there was a fair amount of discomfort with the direction of the government, which had built up behind that dam over probably the last six months starting to back when they tried to change taxation policy for small business,” Bricker said.

“Outside of an election campaign, you tend not to see numbers move as quickly as these numbers have moved, and the trigger point seems to have been that trip to India.”

He will never live down that fucking India trip.  :tom:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:47:45 AM by Got Soylent? »

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
+9
Trudeau's India trip might even be more embarrassing than Obama's apology tour where he flew around the world apologizing to various world leaders for all the shit dem wypipo did, even though none of them really asked for it.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2018, 02:11:23 AM »
+6
BTW I can confirm the declining popularity thing. I have relatives in Canada and they say that no one seems to like Trudeau, he's an utter moron.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare