;

Author Topic: 2017 Predictions Thread  (Read 5879 times)

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: 2017 Predictions Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 10:49:52 PM »
It would never happen,  but it is an interesting academic scenario: if you wanted to cause the worst possible Designated Survivor style constitutional crisis,  nuke DC on Inauguration Day right after Trump takes the oath. He and Pence gone,  no cabinet members approved or sworn in,  the entire former admin gone, the entire Congress and Supreme Court,  all living former Presidents,  the person who won the popular vote, all wiped out. I imagine the Joint Chiefs and most of the military flag officers as well.

You might have one of Obama's cabinet held back as the designated survivor,  but once Trump takes the oath,  they have zero authority.

You'd be down to admirals overseas or some 3 star base commander taking over under Martial law,  or everything devolving to the state level.

IIRC, there are a few designated survivors kept away, selected by lottery.

Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 12:21:57 AM »
+1
It would never happen,  but it is an interesting academic scenario: if you wanted to cause the worst possible Designated Survivor style constitutional crisis,  nuke DC on Inauguration Day right after Trump takes the oath. He and Pence gone,  no cabinet members approved or sworn in,  the entire former admin gone, the entire Congress and Supreme Court,  all living former Presidents,  the person who won the popular vote, all wiped out. I imagine the Joint Chiefs and most of the military flag officers as well.

You might have one of Obama's cabinet held back as the designated survivor,  but once Trump takes the oath,  they have zero authority.

You'd be down to admirals overseas or some 3 star base commander taking over under Martial law,  or everything devolving to the state level.

IIRC, there are a few designated survivors kept away, selected by lottery.

Since 2005 they have congressional ones as shown on the tv show, in addition to the Cabinet/Executive Branch survivor. But while I can see a mamber of Bammy's Cabinet sitting at home in Maryland all :depressedlesbian: on the day of Trump's Ascension, I can't imagine any members of Congress wanting to be out of town for the biggest political circus of the year.

If there were surviving Congressional DS's, in theory the surviving House member would be able "elect" him or herself Speaker and take over the entire government. But only if they actually skipped town that day.

Edit: looking at the Wikipedia, they do have Cabinet DS's during the inauguration. Now last time, it was just one of Obama's current cabinet members. Going back to when there was a presidential transition in 2009 though, they picked Robert Gates--who was already picked to stay on from Bush to Obama, and thus was already a sworn Cabinet member and eligible to be President no matter who was the sworn President. Pre 9/11, when W took over from Bill, they didn't bother with a DS during the inauguration.

So if Trump does clean house, you would have an Executive Branch Succession interregnum, where once he's sworn in all of the previous Cabinet would seem to be out and the line of succession would be Trump-Pence-Ryan-Hatch--and then nobody until his cabinet picks are ratified and sworn in. Unless the previous Cabinet does retain power until the next person is sworn in.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:31:29 AM by Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0 »

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Scrooge For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »
+7
I'm kind of okay with this scenario. I know what happens next.

Everythingn turns to shit a year and a half in?

Fuck Glitterbomber

• Unperson
  • Hope 'n Change
  • Awards Deplorables Boy Scout Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut The party of compassion Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 02:03:37 AM »
+1
Hmm, I wonder how the technicalities of cabinet replacement goes. Do members have to submit resignations (which I assume all of them would,) probably timed to take effect at the same time as the swearing in or slightly before? Or is there some automatic process involved? Obviously the ones that continue on don't have to be re-approved by congress. In that sense the designated survivor could just have his resignation timed to take place slightly after the other ones.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 02:05:19 AM »
Since 2005 they have congressional ones as shown on the tv show, in addition to the Cabinet/Executive Branch survivor.

From what I remember, some members (maybe all?) of the Joint Chiefs are kept out of town. Then there is a short list of cabinet & congressional folks, and the people actually selected to be out of town are selected at random the day of or the day before and moved to bal'm're. The cabinet guy is given a secret service agent with a spare football.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Fuck Glitterbomber

• Unperson
  • Hope 'n Change
  • Awards Deplorables Boy Scout Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut The party of compassion Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 02:06:37 AM »

I had near misses on the following:

Another San Bernadino in the US. (No clue how we avoided this one.)

How was Orlando NOT another San Bernardino?
Well shit, I thought that was a 2015 thing.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »
+5

Well shit, I thought that was a 2015 thing.

Your sig sucks ass, get rid of it.

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
+3
2017 is the year that finally sees the rise of tranny hitler, as foretold by the 1982 music video for sparks' i predict

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH5USLpPa_0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH5USLpPa_0</a>
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

SooperPooper

• Cishet White Male
  • Non-shitposts: 0
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 08:37:39 PM »
+2

At this point I'm pretty sure I become President since I hold the single-post upvote record on SS.

Post the post itt
rofl I have a sig

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 09:56:12 PM »
+3

At this point I'm pretty sure I become President since I hold the single-post upvote record on SS.

Post the post itt

Ok, you made me dig deep for it so here it is:

Ok, so honest hate time:Self honest hate.

I talked to a friend, apparently my information is out of date: Race is no longer really part of the donor/recipient equation - at least directly*. Apparently they still try to match Race when possible to line up secondary factors, but as long as you have the same blood type, you might get a nigger, chink, or spic heart if you need a transplant.

Think of that as motivation to hit the gym.

Bonus Lulz: Blacks have the lowest short and long term survival rates for transplants, even when you correct for income, insurance, eduation, and lifestyle.
Even disembodied organs hate niggers.  Go figure.

It's not so much that the organs hate niggers, they just emulate their host and stop working.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 01:00:55 PM »
+7
The great SJW holocaust begins this year. Thousands will cry out REEE and spill their tendies all out at once. Then be quickly silenced by real talk and based memes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:26:18 PM by The Watcher »
His name was Harry Anderson

Guy Crouchback

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »
+1
David Hines predicts major political violence from the Left:
https://storify.com/sphenoid/days-of-rage-pt-5-finale-what-does-it-portend

P.T. Carlo disagrees, arguing the Left is practically defunct:
http://thermidormag.com/is-the-modern-left-really-prepared-for-the-days-of-rage/

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Fascist Better dead than red You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
+2

Orlando was faggotdeath therefore it wasn't a tragedy
≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥ ≥

Nasekuchen

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Deplorables The Gentry old Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
+5

http://thermidormag.com/is-the-modern-left-really-prepared-for-the-days-of-rage/

Hines seems to think the new wave of the democratic party (I.E. millenial wastrels with dead-end jobs and shit-tier degrees) is gonna rise up and throw some molotovs for peace or whatever. I guess he forgot that IT'S CURRENT YEAR! and you can cause all the social change on the planet from the privacy of your own twitter account.

Anything beyond looting your local hipster villas for free shit and spitting on cops for your participation trophy will be too much work for them. Maybe the old guard from the 70s have enough juice left to stir the pot, but there're too many distractions and too little shits to give for modern neoliberals to pound pavement.

Expect a generation of tumblresque signal boosting as suicide hotlines overload and counseling centers take bookings decades in advance.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
+5

Hines seems to think the new wave of the democratic party (I.E. millenial wastrels with dead-end jobs and shit-tier degrees) is gonna rise up and throw some molotovs for peace or whatever. I guess he forgot that IT'S CURRENT YEAR! and you can cause all the social change on the planet from the privacy of your own twitter account.

Anything beyond looting your local hipster villas for free shit and spitting on cops for your participation trophy will be too much work for them. Maybe the old guard from the 70s have enough juice left to stir the pot, but there're too many distractions and too little shits to give for modern neoliberals to pound pavement.

Expect a generation of tumblresque signal boosting as suicide hotlines overload and counseling centers take bookings decades in advance.

Most likely you wear start hearing about professional protestors and such. BLM will get worse though as long as king kike is still alive.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:25:38 PM by The Watcher »
His name was Harry Anderson

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »
+7
The Modern Left is unpredictable.  I agree that in 99% of cases, they are fat unemployable slugs who talk a good game but are too much of a pussy to make good on their threats.  Hashtag activism is as violent as they are going to get.  However King Kike's pet chimps have no objection to cross over into violence and these are the people to watch out for.  If there is the chance that violence takes place in more sympathetic cities (like Chicago and Baltimore) then we will continue to see more violence.  The good news about that is that it is contained to those cities because if they get a wild hair up their ass in the wrong city, shit can go wrong for them pretty quickly.  This is the situation we saw in the 1970s where protesters would get BTFO to a sympathetic public who was tired of shitlib shenanigans.  The same can happen again here.  So I agree that the left is largely defanged and denutted at the low levels.  That just leaves the high levels: the New Left who is thoroughly entrenched in major institutions who won't be going anywhere and will continue to march to the left.  We need to root out every Chief Diversity Officer and every school curriculum who prioritizes LGBT bullshit over reading or doing math.  This is where the most damage is being done.