;

Author Topic: 2018 Mid-term Watch Election Thread  (Read 5072 times)

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: 2018 Mid-term Watch Election Thread
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:08 PM »
+2
From the https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/if-the-midterms-were-a-referendum-trump-won/2018/11/09/a39cc5fe-e44f-11e8-ab2c-b31dcd53ca6b_story.html?utm_term=.b17d138ee271, to those of you that are getting blackpilled about the midterm results:

Republicans had many more difficult House seats to defend than Democrats overall. There were twice as many Republican incumbents defending House seats in states Hillary Clinton won in 2016 than there were Democrats defending seats in states Trump won. Republicans also had more than twice as many “open” House seats to hold on to as their Democratic rivals had: 36 Republican representatives chose not to stand for reelection this year because they were retiring or seeking another office. Seven others either resigned or otherwise left office before the election. As a result, Republicans had 43 House seats to defend without the benefit of a true incumbent candidate. On top of this, Republicans had three “open” Senate seats, and one more with a pseudo-incumbent.

Yet Democrats managed to win surprisingly few of these “open” contests. In the vast majority of cases, a new Republican was elected instead, and they tended to be even closer to Trump than their predecessors. So Trump actually cemented his hold over the Republican Party: Most of his staunchest Republican critics have either stepped down, been removed through a primary challenge or otherwise failed to win reelection. On top of this, virtually all of the Senate Democrats who voted against Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh from the states that Trump won in 2016 were voted out of office and replaced by Republicans."

"Republicans Lost the Elections, and Here's Why For Republicans That's a Good Thing."

:rpno:

Yeah I'm gonna have to admit it's cold comfort given the potential consequences of the losses. I'm not ready to drink myself to death under an overpass, but it's close. It's not out of partisanship, I'm not even a real Republican, I just don't want anti-white, civilization destroying poz to advance any further.
Barring the unlikely event that Trump really is playing 4D chess, it has to keep advancing before the masses wake up. They're still too comfortable.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2018, 11:25:48 PM »
+8
It's a midterm election where the President's party had been in control of both houses of congress, which pretty much always meant that his party loses seats, in addition to Republicans not being able to take advantage of incumbency as much. The election was normal, not a stunning reversal. Hell, the 2014-2018 period represented a 100-year high-water mark for Republican control over the government at the federal and state levels.

Don't freak out over the occasional regression to the mean.

[HEAD NIGGER OF STRUG] anti-Semitic graphs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Fascist Inshallah! Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: Today at 02:16:15 AM »
+6
What's freaky is the electoral meddling after the fact, not the house losses. This feels like being in Brazil or something. If the senate or governor position in Florida is taken, for example, AFTER the Dems already conceded, then they're getting away with murder.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Fascist Classicist On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: Today at 02:29:44 AM »
+5
What's freaky is the electoral meddling after the fact, not the house losses. This feels like being in Brazil or something. If the senate or governor position in Florida is taken, for example, AFTER the Dems already conceded, then they're getting away with murder.

Yeah this is what's getting me as well. Republicans losing seats was kind of expected, but what's happened after the election day is nothing short of scandalous if we're to think the US is still a first world country.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: Today at 06:59:52 AM »
+2

Yeah this is what's getting me as well. Republicans losing seats was kind of expected, but what's happened after the election day is nothing short of scandalous if we're to think the US is still a first world country.
His name was Harry Anderson

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: Today at 07:14:53 AM »
Nobody cares apparently. Drudge is leading with fires burning celebrity homes, and buried this in the 3rd column.

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: Today at 08:01:27 AM »
+1

The right has been conditioned to lose with "dignity" whenever the left gets away with anything.  There were a lot of "heh, I'm going to protest my party losing the House by going to work tomorrow! :smug:" copeposting versus the left wing still rioting and attacking conservatives with total impunity.  It's a reminder that the right wing is still in really rough shape and needs to locate their balls rather than hoping one guy in the White House will be able to fix it all.