;

Author Topic: I'll be damned, someone on SA finally had their balls drop....but for how long?  (Read 4173 times)

Red Nosed Scrotum

• Unperson
  • Goon Institute
  • Permanent Resident Of The Comedy Gas Chamber
  • Awards Fuck you, dad! Scrooge United Statesian
    • Awards
Remember how SA once used to be about pointing out how the Internet makes you stupid and spent a lot of its mocking that very fact before they became a large part of what they used to mock?

Remember how they decided the mock threads were too controversial because they were terrified it would offend some otherized soul?

Well, believe it or not, here is the 5th incarnation of the TV Tropes Mock Thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569947

For those not in the know, they had four threads and parts of a psuedo-sequel thread dedicated to mocking TV Tropes, with each thread getting more and more pozzed to the point the latter three were gassed, especially for being whiny shit post repositories of retarded  :madgoon:, hypocritically  :smug: goons claiming moral superiority over the pedophiles and perverts on TV Tropes (considering who ran SA during those threads and who still runs SA, that's fucking hilarious hypocrisy), and childish circlejerks over what each goon had the worst  :stare: :stonk: :tuss: reactions too.

Now a fifth official thread has started, and while it isn't too bad yet, one has to wonder how long it will take for the SJW types to shit all over it, the thread gets shut down for offending someone, and for the dickless assholes to fuck it all up again.
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

The Watcher

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
I was never familiar with the TV Tropes Mock Thread's but heard a lot about them. Can someone give me the short version on it?
All Hail the Patriarchy

I fucking hate goons

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
I still have no idea what the fuck TV Tropes is or means

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Weaponized Rooster
  • Awards TNE Veteran Arizona Classicist Ave Maria Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper cold, dead hands The Gentry
    • Awards

Nerds on the internet sperging about obscure anime shit.

Santanic Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm dreaming of a White Christmas
  • Awards Metal Fan Commie 420 Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher
    • Awards

Nerds on the internet sperging about obscure anime shit.

Sperging doesn't even describe it. It's similar to that site that lists every single gun ever used in a movie, except with Animes and retarded "tropes" the community came up with. Like, listing every single instance of a panty shot or something.

The TVTropes community is made up of the worst sperglords imaginable. Goons are glad to have something to mock that is an even lower form of e-Life than them.

Also of course "FEDORA MRA REDDIT NAZI SYMPATHIZERS  :madgoon:"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:02:22 AM by Prominent Scrotal Sack »

Space Faggot

• Person Of Interest
  • bagels and blowjobs
    • Awards
Sperging doesn't even describe it. It's similar to that site that lists every single gun ever used in a movie, except with Animes and retarded "tropes" the community came up with. Like, listing every single instance of a panty shot or something.

The TVTropes community is made up of the worst sperglords imaginable. Goons are glad to have something to mock that is an even lower form of e-Life than them.

This is about right. The mock thread sucks though, most of the good material was bled dry with the last four threads. At this point it's just spergy goons pointing out shit that spergy tropers get wrong or miss the point or whatever. It's like two sides of the same faggot mirror.

Here's a good quote:

Quote from: Apple Tree
They just seem resistant to the idea that there might be a middle ground known as 'the place where people aren't stupid.'

Is that place Something Awful, forums poster Apple Tree?
 :lolno:

Other gay shit on that page is some litgoon sperging about his knowledge of The Magic Flute or whatever and how the tropers got it SO WRONG.

Pretty much a shitty thread and not worth the time.

Ghostse tswift!

• Cishet White Male
  • Don't look away. Don't ever look away.
    • Awards
What I love about the TVTrope/Reddit mock threads is
1) of course they're allowed, but god forbid you mock anything else.
2) They assume because a small number of people are creepy sperglords, everyone who posts at these places are creepy sperglords. That'd be like saying everyone on SA is a disturbed individual with various deep rooted issues that need to be worked out through probably years of therapy and possibly antidepressants a transsexual who blackmails their spouse with suicide as they transition.

PersonInYourNeighborhood

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
If the thread's still active in...oh say a month, it can be taken as a sign that PYF is finally moving past the Eggplant "i luv (being a thin-skinned) catte (lady)" Wizard era.

Red Nosed Scrotum

• Unperson
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
What I love about the TVTrope/Reddit mock threads is
1) of course they're allowed, but god forbid you mock anything else.
2) They assume because a small number of people are creepy sperglords, everyone who posts at these places are creepy sperglords. That'd be like saying everyone on SA is a disturbed individual with various deep rooted issues that need to be worked out through probably years of therapy and possibly antidepressants a transsexual who blackmails their spouse with suicide as they transition.

Exactly. In fact, they actually had a brief moment during one of the threads where they turned the mirror on themselves and were starting to to realize they too had a sizable number of fucked up assholes/perverts and fucked up content, but then those people were told "shut up, back to mocking tropers".

The best parts of those threads that weren't totally pozzed were their exposes of the losers in charge of TV Tropes. Seriously, that shit was actually interesting, especially their reveals about how much a thin skinned incompetent bitch of a man Fast Eddie (the sperglord of TVT) is and how most of his moderator minions are basically not much better than the jackasses in pawn to Lowtax. Also, the information about how badly designed TV Tropes' forum and wiki are was also rather interesting (tl;dr - it's basically a horribly modded version of PmWiki).

However, the faggotry begins when the goons start bitching about certain pages they find fucked up, and the poz hits critical when they start talking about tropers they despise, and not very long after they start bitching about those topics, the whole thread becomes an echo chamber of  :madgoon:
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

Santanic Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm dreaming of a White Christmas
  • Awards Metal Fan Commie 420 Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher
    • Awards
The other Mock threads had the occasional mocking of SA's very own tranny brigade, too. Shit wouldn't fly today of course.

Black Gardener

• Cishet White Male
  • Hope 'n Change
  • King of Kicks
  • Awards Jew cold, dead hands 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
+1
This is actually pretty surprising.  I point to the closing of the last TVTropes mock thread as the point where the SJW explosion happened.  It was the last bastion of "Hey, these are some fucked up nerds" on SA without being ABOUT SA.

Space Faggot

• Person Of Interest
  • bagels and blowjobs
    • Awards
This is actually pretty surprising.  I point to the closing of the last TVTropes mock thread as the point where the SJW explosion happened.  It was the last bastion of "Hey, these are some fucked up nerds" on SA without being ABOUT SA.

But there was a lot of SJW bullshit from within the last thread, so it wasn't all apple pie and anal sex with that one either. Trigger warnings were touted as A Good Thing, for example.

Black Gardener

• Cishet White Male
  • Hope 'n Change
  • King of Kicks
  • Awards Jew cold, dead hands 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
That's fair, but some fun times were had.  Got linked to the This Troper series on YouTube if nothing else.  Plus laughing at pedos like Chagen, etc...

Ghostse tswift!

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
But there was a lot of SJW bullshit from within the last thread, so it wasn't all apple pie and anal sex with that one either. Trigger warnings were touted as A Good Thing, for example.

Its like the Reddit thread, where they go from "haha, this subset of tropers is creepy pedo spreglords." to "ALL TROPERS ARE AWFUL AND TOOLS OF THE PATRIARCHY AND FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK DIFFFERNT. HERE IS AN UNFUNNY LISTING OF TROPERS WHO HAVE COMMITTED WRONGTHINK AT SOMEPOINT!"

I don't participate in the Tropes community at all, but the site itself is actually pretty informative. the guy who runs it is pretty terrible, and there's a dedicated subset of people who love underaged animated japanese girls to a bad degree, but it doesn't need to burned to the ground because they don't plaster shit with trigger warnings.

SomethingAwfulIsOk

• Enemy Of The State
  • Hope 'n Change
  • Awards old Soldier Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
They have a thread where they mock Tumblr activism too. Oh the irony

A Fierce Woman of Size

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Motorcyclist 420 Italian Canuck Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards

That thread is fucking terrible, they started probating anyone who says anything negative about trannys (which is 90% of tumblrs userbase)
You're new here and probably haven't been exposed to the social justice scene. We're a pretty hardcore group, on the whole, and it can be very frightening or intimidating.

SomethingAwfulIsOk

• Enemy Of The State
  • Hope 'n Change
  • Awards old Soldier Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards

That thread is fucking terrible, they started probating anyone who says anything negative about trannys (which is 90% of tumblrs userbase)

To be fair, the people over there that mock trannies only get probated for like 3 days and the reason is not shit like "stop being a bigot" but more like "please don't start these discussions" (a.k.a. "please don't open the door to terrible tranny posters). Meanwhile, sjw that start shitting up the thread getting mad over hateful speech also get the same probation.

I like the thread, but its funny because the people mocking the faggots from tumblr know full well that they don't need to look too far to find that exact same behavior on the forum they're posting in. And some of them go for both sides, in that thread they play the cool kids mocking the tumblr babies and then in another thread they make posts about bigotry in whatever new playstation game has hit the media.

Space Faggot

• Person Of Interest
  • bagels and blowjobs
    • Awards

Its like the Reddit thread, where they go from "haha, this subset of tropers is creepy pedo spreglords." to "ALL TROPERS ARE AWFUL AND TOOLS OF THE PATRIARCHY AND FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK DIFFFERNT. HERE IS AN UNFUNNY LISTING OF TROPERS WHO HAVE COMMITTED WRONGTHINK AT SOMEPOINT!"

I don't participate in the Tropes community at all, but the site itself is actually pretty informative. the guy who runs it is pretty terrible, and there's a dedicated subset of people who love underaged animated japanese girls to a bad degree, but it doesn't need to burned to the ground because they don't plaster shit with trigger warnings.

This is exactly the problem with these threads. Goons, as usual, only see things in black and white so ALL TROPERS ARE PEDOPHILES WITH ASPERGERS AND MUST DIE. It gets pretty fucking tedious especially when half the crybaby goons are worse people than the tropers they mock.

The OP, Smoking Crow, made this post in the academics thread:

Quote from: Smoking Pole's Letter

I need some advice. I emailed a professor this:

Quote from: Smoking Pole's Letter

Hey, I want to talk to you during office hours, but I have class at the same time. Is there any other time that we could meet?
 Thanks,
Smoking Crow

To which he said :

Quote from: probably faggoty prof
Crow, please learn how to appropriately request a meeting and try again.

Did I do something wrong? How am I supposed to request a meeting? Is there some etiquette that I missed out on? There isn't anything in the syllabus about requesting meetings.

Some other fags told him he was a retard for starting an email to his professor with "hey," but assured him it was okay, just try to set up the meeting again.

He eventually followed up with this:

Quote from: Smoking Pole
I haven't set up a meeting, yet. The words he used in his reply actually set off my PTSD, so now I have this line of professors=beatings in my head. I'm going to my psych tomorrow so she can tell me that he's not going to hurt me. I wanted to write a thesis with this dude and everything.

Scary words like "try again" and "learn how to request a meeting" triggered his PTSD.

:rock:

Yet somehow he's qualified to mock other people on the internet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3425564&userid=184472#post419089431

I fucking hate goons

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
How the fuck do you think it's ok to write an email to a professor with HEY as the address? Jesus fucking christ. Like I know college profs like to smoke weed and skateboard and fight the patriarchy, but uh you don't fucking say HEY.

lma

• Person Of Interest
  • LITERALLY SHAKING (tw: baby rattles, earthquakes)
    • Awards
I guess Crow here wanted to come off as sort of friendly to the prof, but WHOOPS.

A while back SA had a brony mock thread that ended up as a bad feedback loop and abyss-gazing. There was always goons coming in the thread "coming out" as bronies and saying how they "...aren't all like that! I'm one of the better ones, HONEST!" They also had one goon who started posting that brony Fallout rape epic into the thread.  :lilal:

Then the mods thought it was a good idea to have all the mock topics into one thread. Now you had a thread that had like 300-500 new posts each day and was was 10x more retarded and pozzed before it was closed and mods had proclaimed that future mock threads were no more.
Nigger Demon Wrestling Champ 2013

Troonage Mutant Nigga Turtles

Red Nosed Scrotum

• Unperson
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
Just checked out the TVT mock thread, laughing my ass off at this:

Quote from: LaughMyselfTo posted:

Well, shit, maybe linking threads was a bad idea; a thread I linked earlier got "nuked" despite not having had any posts in ages. Can someone explain what happened? Did somebody touch the poop?

When you browse into the abyss, the abyss browses into you.

There are tropers lurking this forum and their admin is paranoid as shit since the last "SA attack".

It's like they are hoping and praying Fast Eddie doesn't look up "Something Awful TV Tropes Mock Thread" on Google and flip the fuck out.

I mean, seriously, it's a fucking MOCK THREAD! Is every poster in that damn thread a dickless troon? Besides, who the hell are they kidding? Fast Dickhead will probably get wind he's being shit on one way or another, and they aren't this spineless in their "shit on the Tea Party Facebook ripoff" thread.

About the only way the above "keep a low profile" shit makes sense to me is that they still have a large membership on TV Tropes (the hypocrisy of this wouldn't shock me in the slightest) and don't want Fast Eddie to do a user purge like he did the last time he discovered "SA Traitors" in his midst.

Ghostse tswift!

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
I guess Crow here wanted to come off as sort of friendly to the prof, but WHOOPS.

A while back SA had a brony mock thread that ended up as a bad feedback loop and abyss-gazing. There was always goons coming in the thread "coming out" as bronies and saying how they "...aren't all like that! I'm one of the better ones, HONEST!" They also had one goon who started posting that brony Fallout rape epic into the thread.  :lilal:

Then the mods thought it was a good idea to have all the mock topics into one thread. Now you had a thread that had like 300-500 new posts each day and was was 10x more retarded and pozzed before it was closed and mods had proclaimed that future mock threads were no more.

It happened pretty much as you described. I followed the internet crazies mock thread, and when it was merged it became unfun and terrible and impossible to follow. I hate it when they fucking merge threads that don't need merging. They did this with another thread I followed. I liked having 5-50 posts to quickly read during down time at work, now its like 80-100. That's not a hobby that's a job.

sir toilet desert

• Cishet White Male
  • shameful web user
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
+2
tvtropes is really low hanging fruit
nah son you just don't get it

tuss just laid down some RRTI-level posting. we scrubs here at SS just don't understand

lma

• Person Of Interest
  • LITERALLY SHAKING (tw: baby rattles, earthquakes)
    • Awards
That's good enough for most goons, honestly
Nigger Demon Wrestling Champ 2013

Troonage Mutant Nigga Turtles

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Sasstronaut Anonymous You can't know! Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards

To be fair, the people over there that mock trannies only get probated for like 3 days and the reason is not shit like "stop being a bigot" but more like "please don't start these discussions" (a.k.a. "please don't open the door to terrible tranny posters). Meanwhile, sjw that start shitting up the thread getting mad over hateful speech also get the same probation.

I like the thread, but its funny because the people mocking the faggots from tumblr know full well that they don't need to look too far to find that exact same behavior on the forum they're posting in. And some of them go for both sides, in that thread they play the cool kids mocking the tumblr babies and then in another thread they make posts about bigotry in whatever new playstation game has hit the media.
The last time I checked the Tumblr mocking thread, they only made fun of legitimately insane people (i.e. otherkins and shit) from what I can remember off the top of my head. As if they were afraid to address stuff that might be too similar to what goons do all the time.

this was a quick skim though, and it was months ago, so I dunno what it's like now.

Quote from: Smoking Pole
I haven't set up a meeting, yet. The words he used in his reply actually set off my PTSD, so now I have this line of professors=beatings in my head. I'm going to my psych tomorrow so she can tell me that he's not going to hurt me. I wanted to write a thesis with this dude and everything.

Scary words like "try again" and "learn how to request a meeting" triggered his PTSD.

:rock:

Yet somehow he's qualified to mock other people on the internet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3425564&userid=184472#post419089431
haha what the shit

is this a fucking gimmick?