;

Author Topic: "I am Generation Y"  (Read 573616 times)

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
Re: "I am Generation Y"
« Reply #4500 on: September 07, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »
+3
it's really weird to see someone who I assume is close to my age, write a big article about how they have to live in a like fueled hellscape to function. I maintain that spending an increasing amount of time on social media leads to an increasing dependence on it, and you'd be fine if you were never on it at all, but again, I know you disagree. I'm content in the knowledge that I can live a happy, productive, comfortable life without social media, and you will never convince me that the vast majority of the population needs it to function as long as I can do that.

I'm 30 years old and the bolded is a completely alien concept to me. Maybe it's because I'm not in writing/marketing/sales or maybe it's because I don't often socialize with anyone outside my family, but social media to me and everyone I know is basically a normie version of this place.

I'm on there to shitpost, watch niggerfights, sports updates, Tucker Carlson, and memes. My wife does all the family picture sharing, which is strictly for the benefit of our extended family. All our shit is private and we pay fuckall attention to "likes" or any sort of dick-waving popularity nonsense. It's basically just an internet based, consolidated, well organized, meta tagged family photo/video collection.

I'm constantly browsing Facebook. It's a perfect "pick it up and put it down" entertainment method for my lifestyle. I can't remember the last time I even considered that someone else might have a more or less popular online presence than me. The popularity contest aspect of social media is just non-existent to me and everyone I know.

As far as gig based/like based/viral marketing/Facebook reach for businesses, blah blah blah... I seriously wish Facebook did a better job at throwing shit in my face. I'm constantly looking for shit on Facebook and can never find it. I want weekend events thrown in my face with extreme force. I hunt and hunt and hunt and always wind up finding stuff via word of mouth.

Seriously Facebook, please give me more shit to take my kids to over the weekend. All the events advertised on Facebook are the same shit. Food, hay rides, apple picking, craft beer tasting. But all the really fun shit, I have to hear about at swimming lessons or soccer practice.

Idk that's just my experience.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:14:41 PM by blasting_asshole »

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Texan cold, dead hands Prepper Libertarian 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4501 on: September 07, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »
+7

Also on an unrelated note, if you ever felt like a woman had sexual power over you, jesus christ.
I'm not talking about in the bedroom, I'm talking about the sexual marketplace. Women hold all the power with regard to that. Guys ask out a dozen women to get one date, meanwhile a woman gets approached by 5 guys and picks whichever she wants most. Men have to ask them out, set up the date, pay for it (usually), make all the moves, etc. Very few women ever ask out a guy, because there's just no need, and if the guy doesn't set up the date she just doesn't go. If the guy doesn't make the moves she assumes he's not interested. On tinder a girl will get 10x as many matches as an equivalent guy. Like a 7/10 girl might get 1 match for every 3 swipes, and a 7/10 guy might get 1 match for every 50 swipes.

This is of course especially true for younger demographics, like teenagers up to about 30. Above that it gets more even as the women become less desirable and the men don't want them anymore.

What I was talking about is that most guys realize "man if every guy just decided not to ask a girl out, not to set up the date, not to send booty calls, etc, the girls would have to change their ways and get the equality they have been wanting so badly." But the problem with this is that EVERY guy would have to do it, because as soon as one enterprising dude goes "wait a minute, there's no competition for these hot girls now, I can ask them out and get laid super easy" it collapses the whole plan.

An analogy: I want the peasants tilling the king's fields to just walk away. I'm not telling the king to abdicate his throne so someone else can step in and take over. Those peasants collectively are a mass of individuals with the ability to reason and if you convince enough of those individuals to leave, the king will starve. That's what I'm gunning for. Unfortunately you are right about one thing, when you have literally two-billion people in the field, it takes more work to convince a large enough number of individuals to leave.
That's the analogy I was making too, just about the dudes with the girls instead of the peasants. The problem is thus: peasants are mostly very dumb. They are shortsighted and either won't understand the problem with working the fields because "working the fields is how I get food for my family!" or will be too uncomfortable with the risk. Sure, there might be a few high-IQ peasants out there who will hear your plan and say "ok I'm in," but as soon as they notice that nobody else is joining in, they're not risking their life or livelihood for martyrdom.

Instagram doesn't have life-altering consequences for opting-out, but the problem is the fear of missing out. People always want to be in on what's happening. It's why TMZ is a thing, why everybody used to watch the same TV shows so they could have something to chat about at work, why people will sit there and watch some random person on snapchat get a haircut, go shopping, etc.

You tell them everybody is cutting off their Insta on Saturday, and by Sunday most of them have reinstalled it because one of their friends said "OMG did you see Kendall's reaction to the Instagram exodus? It was savage."

The issue is that EVERYBODY has to do it. Not 50%, not 90%, everyone. Because unless everyone does it at once, the same thing that made it popular in the first place will happen again.

I feel like you're coming at this from the perspective that attention is a finite resource and social media is a struggle to capture as much of that finite resource as possible so you can convert that attention into money, and if you leave, someone will come and grab the attention you previously held and convert it into money for themselves
That...is basically true. Do you believe in advertising? This is the exact function of advertising. There's a 30 second spot that might capture people's attention, and businesses pay hundreds or sometimes millions of dollars for it. It is a finite resource, because those people are there and nowhere else.

You wouldn't say Super Bowl ads are ineffective, but your description applies perfectly to them. The attention to the game which is a finite resource (only lasts as long as the game) and the commercials all struggle to capture as much as possible to convert to sales. If you don't buy the adspace, your competitor will buy it.

It's the same exact thing. Just because it happens on an Instagram account as opposed to between quarters of the Dallas Cowboys game doesn't make it any less legitimate.

The vast majority of people on social media are not influencers, and are not leaving any sort of vacuum to fill if they leave social media.
This logic can be applied to a million things, and NEVER works.

"Hardly anybody is a politician, so if everybody just voted for a third party we could elect someone actually useful!"

"McDonald's uses the cheapest possible ingredients because people still buy it, if everybody stopped buying it and just made their own burgers at home, they'd have to change!"

"If everybody stops watching the NFL, they will put a stop to the protests."

Modern society is all about comfort and indulgence. Nobody wants to give up any of that for the nebulous good of "society" or "other people." Samantha from accounting would love to feed her kids healthier food than McDonald's, but after a long day of work she gets home all exhausted and her kids are begging for their kid's meal toy. Samantha hates Hillary and doesn't like Trump, but voting for Gary Johnson means Hillary has a better chance of winning (in her mind, not actually true since votes are statistically meaningless), so she doesn't vote for him. Samantha doesn't like the protests but her son loves the hometeam and doesn't understand why he can't watch Monday Night Football anymore, so she puts it on anyway.

Any change that has the catalyst of "if everybody did [thing] all at once, it would be fine!" will never work. It has never worked in modern society, and the bigger and more diverse our society gets the less likely it is. The only time it ever actually works in the modern era is during a strike, and that's because the people involved are basically forced to join in, and know for sure that they will be back to the comforts of habit in a week or two.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:15:47 PM by HondaRider271 »
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

NASAkangz

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4502 on: September 08, 2018, 01:49:03 AM »
+7

Also on an unrelated note, if you ever felt like a woman had sexual power over you, jesus christ.
I'm not talking about in the bedroom, I'm talking about the sexual marketplace. Women hold all the power with regard to that. Guys ask out a dozen women to get one date, meanwhile a woman gets approached by 5 guys and picks whichever she wants most. Men have to ask them out, set up the date, pay for it (usually), make all the moves, etc. Very few women ever ask out a guy, because there's just no need, and if the guy doesn't set up the date she just doesn't go. If the guy doesn't make the moves she assumes he's not interested. On tinder a girl will get 10x as many matches as an equivalent guy. Like a 7/10 girl might get 1 match for every 3 swipes, and a 7/10 guy might get 1 match for every 50 swipes.

This is of course especially true for younger demographics, like teenagers up to about 30. Above that it gets more even as the women become less desirable and the men don't want them anymore.

What I was talking about is that most guys realize "man if every guy just decided not to ask a girl out, not to set up the date, not to send booty calls, etc, the girls would have to change their ways and get the equality they have been wanting so badly." But the problem with this is that EVERY guy would have to do it, because as soon as one enterprising dude goes "wait a minute, there's no competition for these hot girls now, I can ask them out and get laid super easy" it collapses the whole plan.

An analogy: I want the peasants tilling the king's fields to just walk away. I'm not telling the king to abdicate his throne so someone else can step in and take over. Those peasants collectively are a mass of individuals with the ability to reason and if you convince enough of those individuals to leave, the king will starve. That's what I'm gunning for. Unfortunately you are right about one thing, when you have literally two-billion people in the field, it takes more work to convince a large enough number of individuals to leave.
That's the analogy I was making too, just about the dudes with the girls instead of the peasants. The problem is thus: peasants are mostly very dumb. They are shortsighted and either won't understand the problem with working the fields because "working the fields is how I get food for my family!" or will be too uncomfortable with the risk. Sure, there might be a few high-IQ peasants out there who will hear your plan and say "ok I'm in," but as soon as they notice that nobody else is joining in, they're not risking their life or livelihood for martyrdom.

Instagram doesn't have life-altering consequences for opting-out, but the problem is the fear of missing out. People always want to be in on what's happening. It's why TMZ is a thing, why everybody used to watch the same TV shows so they could have something to chat about at work, why people will sit there and watch some random person on snapchat get a haircut, go shopping, etc.

You tell them everybody is cutting off their Insta on Saturday, and by Sunday most of them have reinstalled it because one of their friends said "OMG did you see Kendall's reaction to the Instagram exodus? It was savage."

The issue is that EVERYBODY has to do it. Not 50%, not 90%, everyone. Because unless everyone does it at once, the same thing that made it popular in the first place will happen again.

I feel like you're coming at this from the perspective that attention is a finite resource and social media is a struggle to capture as much of that finite resource as possible so you can convert that attention into money, and if you leave, someone will come and grab the attention you previously held and convert it into money for themselves
That...is basically true. Do you believe in advertising? This is the exact function of advertising. There's a 30 second spot that might capture people's attention, and businesses pay hundreds or sometimes millions of dollars for it. It is a finite resource, because those people are there and nowhere else.

You wouldn't say Super Bowl ads are ineffective, but your description applies perfectly to them. The attention to the game which is a finite resource (only lasts as long as the game) and the commercials all struggle to capture as much as possible to convert to sales. If you don't buy the adspace, your competitor will buy it.

It's the same exact thing. Just because it happens on an Instagram account as opposed to between quarters of the Dallas Cowboys game doesn't make it any less legitimate.

The vast majority of people on social media are not influencers, and are not leaving any sort of vacuum to fill if they leave social media.
This logic can be applied to a million things, and NEVER works.

"Hardly anybody is a politician, so if everybody just voted for a third party we could elect someone actually useful!"

"McDonald's uses the cheapest possible ingredients because people still buy it, if everybody stopped buying it and just made their own burgers at home, they'd have to change!"

"If everybody stops watching the NFL, they will put a stop to the protests."

Modern society is all about comfort and indulgence. Nobody wants to give up any of that for the nebulous good of "society" or "other people." Samantha from accounting would love to feed her kids healthier food than McDonald's, but after a long day of work she gets home all exhausted and her kids are begging for their kid's meal toy. Samantha hates Hillary and doesn't like Trump, but voting for Gary Johnson means Hillary has a better chance of winning (in her mind, not actually true since votes are statistically meaningless), so she doesn't vote for him. Samantha doesn't like the protests but her son loves the hometeam and doesn't understand why he can't watch Monday Night Football anymore, so she puts it on anyway.

Any change that has the catalyst of "if everybody did [thing] all at once, it would be fine!" will never work. It has never worked in modern society, and the bigger and more diverse our society gets the less likely it is. The only time it ever actually works in the modern era is during a strike, and that's because the people involved are basically forced to join in, and know for sure that they will be back to the comforts of habit in a week or two.

To;dr, you’re an autistic spaz.

NASAkangz

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4503 on: September 08, 2018, 01:53:13 AM »
+1
I like cabs in the rare instance that you:

1. Get an American cab driver who isn't shouting arabic into a cellphone the whole ride,
2. Spend under 10 minutes to find the cab in the first place.

Use an Uber, fuckhead.

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Canuck Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Anglican Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #4504 on: September 08, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »
+7
OK, let's get this out of the way first.

If you have so much trouble getting your dick wet that you spend time thinking of dating as a sexual marketplace. You are a cuck beta faggot. Full stop. Every time I read about it it's inevitably some incel autist who is so laughably pitiful, they can't even get a big fat chick to put their dick in her mouth. Yes, men are expected to make all the moves. Making the move and paying for the date is a display of dominance. The act of going on a date with you and relinquishing control by expecting the male to pay for the date, pick her up, make the moves, pick the place to eat, etc. is an act of submission. When you do those things you are establishing a relationship where one party submits to the other taking control.  This is the way it generally works in mammals. You can call it a marketplace if you want, but at the end of the day if you cannot get a woman to submit to you and willingly procreate it is because you are an inferior male in some way.

Ok now this:

Social media shit.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Take a chill pill for a moment. We're way off track here and some of it may be my fault because I have a tendancy to be overly verbrose and get really into the spirit of the argument. Here is this discussion from my perspective:

Got Soylent: This article is retarded because it says social media causes anxiety but you need it to function in the modern economy. I disagree with that based on my first hand experience. If it causes anxiety stop using it.

Honda Rider: If you get off social media it creates a vacuum. I need social media to run my business.

Got Soylent: The vast majority of users do not use social media in this way, and if they left it would cease to function in this way. I can live fine without it so I don't believe you need it to function.

Honda Rider: Huge post asking if I believe in advertising. A bunch of shit essentially talking about how wrong I am for thinking you could change a large corporation through a boycott.

My nigger, I do not give a shit how Facebook, Twitter, etc runs its business. I have expressed this numerous times. This is not a call for a boycott.  It does not bother me personally that Facebook exists. The fence post at the end of my driveway literally has more effect on my day to day life than Zuckercuck does. What I do do is read a lot of articles. When I do my daily run through my RSS feed, I get a constant barrage of articles from the left and the right about how much anxiety Facebook/Twitter/Whatever causes people and how much people disagree with their business practices. You have the power to not use any social media site as an individual if like. If a service you do not have to use is making you miserable and you continue to use it, you are fucking stupid. That's all I intended to express before our discussion got carried away.

Upon rereading it, I can see how in my reply to your original reply you could get the impression that I want to change Facebook through boycott, or make it cease to exist or make it cease to exist through boycott, but that was not my intention. I just wanted to argue with you about your vacuum idea because I think it's asinine as you average user is not leaving a vacuum to fill. There is very little opportunity cost to your average user giving up a social media site.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:40:34 AM by Got Soylent? »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4505 on: September 08, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »
+5
If you have so much trouble getting your dick wet that you spend time thinking of dating as a sexual marketplace. You are a cuck beta faggot. Full stop. Every time I read about it it's inevitably some incel autist who is so laughably pitiful, they can't even get a big fat chick to put their dick in her mouth. Yes, men are expected to make all the moves. Making the move and paying for the date is a display of dominance. The act of going on a date with you and relinquishing control by expecting the male to pay for the date, pick her up, make the moves, pick the place to eat, etc. is an act of submission. This is the way it generally works in mammals. You can call it a marketplace if you want, but at the end of the day if you cannot get a woman to submit to you and willingly procreate it is because you are an inferior male in some way.

Except society promotes women as the proper dominant sex now because they're supposedly more intelligent and less violent, and yet they are never able to fully replace the role of men. Many Women feel uncomfortable being thought of as the breadwinner because to them their money belongs to them and only to them for their use, they don't feel comfortable dating a guy who makes less than them because they feel the man is parasitic. Meanwhile men really don't do the same thing or think of women in the same manner.

It's a bizarre dysfunctioning system.

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Canuck Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Anglican Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #4506 on: September 08, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »
+4
If you have so much trouble getting your dick wet that you spend time thinking of dating as a sexual marketplace. You are a cuck beta faggot. Full stop. Every time I read about it it's inevitably some incel autist who is so laughably pitiful, they can't even get a big fat chick to put their dick in her mouth. Yes, men are expected to make all the moves. Making the move and paying for the date is a display of dominance. The act of going on a date with you and relinquishing control by expecting the male to pay for the date, pick her up, make the moves, pick the place to eat, etc. is an act of submission. This is the way it generally works in mammals. You can call it a marketplace if you want, but at the end of the day if you cannot get a woman to submit to you and willingly procreate it is because you are an inferior male in some way.

Except society promotes women as the proper dominant sex now because they're supposedly more intelligent and less violent, and yet they are never able to fully replace the role of men. Many Women feel uncomfortable being thought of as the breadwinner because to them their money belongs to them and only to them for their use, they don't feel comfortable dating a guy who makes less than them because they feel the man is parasitic. Meanwhile men really don't do the same thing or think of women in the same manner.

That's a good point. I really think this is a result of a society where men have gotten so soft they behave like women. Yeah, if you're a white collar office worker who works in accounts payable and goes home and sits on your ass all night a woman can do what you do. No shit. How do you possibly establish dominance in that situation? Go shovel horse shit for eight hours and see if she tries to do that. (She won't)

I don't mean literally shoveling shit here. I mean doing things that are hard work.

It's probably also worth noting that I'm from rural Canadian society where going out and shooting a moose is still a panty dropper. If I lived in a big Canadian or US city, I'd probably date a Latina hairdresser or some shit, because the white college aged women in those places come off as absolutely fucked in the head when I watch the news, but that's them driving themselves out of the gene pool. White city people are weird.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:55:25 AM by Got Soylent? »

[L.N.E]Giblets

• Unperson
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #4507 on: September 08, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »
+7
Just be sure to smile because that sets the difference between serious asshole and approachable provider.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #4508 on: September 08, 2018, 01:21:39 PM »
+3
Just be sure to smile because that sets the difference between serious asshole and approachable provider.

Damn, that is a vintage one.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4509 on: September 08, 2018, 01:38:13 PM »
+6

That's a good point. I really think this is a result of a society where men have gotten so soft they behave like women. Yeah, if you're a white collar office worker who works in accounts payable and goes home and sits on your ass all night a woman can do what you do. No shit. How do you possibly establish dominance in that situation? Go shovel horse shit for eight hours and see if she tries to do that. (She won't)

I don't mean literally shoveling shit here. I mean doing things that are hard work.

It's probably also worth noting that I'm from rural Canadian society where going out and shooting a moose is still a panty dropper. If I lived in a big Canadian or US city, I'd probably date a Latina hairdresser or some shit, because the white college aged women in those places come off as absolutely fucked in the head when I watch the news, but that's them driving themselves out of the gene pool. White city people are weird.

The worst white girls in the city are the hipster transplants from middle America. It's not hard to find good women in a city. Their politics tend to lean left, but women also tend to mirror their husband's politics. My wife was a bleeding heart lib when I met her. Now she's a registered Republican.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:41:52 PM by Shakebox »

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian 420 Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #4510 on: September 08, 2018, 02:42:16 PM »
+4

The worst white girls in the city are the hipster transplants from middle America. It's not hard to find good women in a city. Their politics tend to lean left, but women also tend to mirror their husband's politics. My wife was a bleeding heart lib when I met her. Now she's a registered Republican.

Los Angeles in addition to less beaners could sure do without all the Midwest transplants here fucking the place up.  I wouldn't be surprised if rootless bugmen transplants from the Midwest contribute to major cities being more left wing than their own native, homegrown citizens regardless of race. 

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

level 69 memelord

• Unperson
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #4511 on: September 08, 2018, 11:11:11 PM »
+5
holy autism batman!
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #4512 on: September 09, 2018, 08:07:26 AM »
+4
Can someone please explain to me how a strong social media presence can be a requirement for your job or career? I understand that it can be beneificial in some cases, sure, but a requirement?
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #4513 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »
+4
Can someone please explain to me how a strong social media presence can be a requirement for your job or career? I understand that it can be beneificial in some cases, sure, but a requirement?
Marketing.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4514 on: September 09, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
+6
camwhore

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #4515 on: September 09, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
+4
It's all an evolution of My Posting Career. Everybody smells those lucky few ascended con artists and actual dedicated unorthodox crafters making six digits in patreon and they want a piece of the pie. But they don't have the social connection, opportunities and sociopathic evil of the con artists. Lazy biches like Quinn and Anita aren't good people but you can almost admire the efficiency of their grafts. And they don't have any talent or the real charisma of people who might seem to be halfway on the effort mark of respectable but I'll give a pass because they have to spend full time work producing content and editing it, from youtube celebs to guys doing furry porn to pay the bills. You can't fake charisma or a real skill. And you can't force luck and make people Stockholm syndrome you like true pieces of shit like Boogie2988. Pure flukes, absolute luck. All three have some element of simply harvesting obvious stupidity and loneliness from people begging to throw away their money. Like them or not, there's markets for unorthodox products or abusing mental invalids by giving them an imaginary friend.

So you need to build your online persona any way possible and all these losers know is Having The Right Opinions. They're constantly knife fighting for shrinking pieces of the same pies. It must be stressful to be a really stupid and mediocre thot and realize you aren't quite pretty enough to default into paying the rent with stranger's money and not quite smart or even disciplined enough to be a cam whore, watching your $50 payments for clickbait trickle in as you're still $500 under rent for the month in your trendy inner city closet.

Imagine thousands of people who fall for pyramid schemes and move to Hollywood to make it big while waiting tables and they're all slashing at each other's throats while selling out every last shred of personality they lucked knto, doing this 24/7 and developing anxiety disorders over it. This isn't exactly the article she wants you to see but if you look closer it is the article she wrote. Everything she wrote is true to her.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:43:51 AM by Slacktivist »

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4516 on: September 09, 2018, 12:04:50 PM »
+7
You guys need to browse around LinkedIn more to get a real feel what corporate is like mid/large sized places. Jobs for women are stratified into jobs for 22-26 year old hot girls, 20-40 year old single moms/not that great looking girls/married women on the way out who are somewhat good looking and is getting her life together, and the 20-40 year old very good looking that can keep things together long enough to accomplish things.

The first group is what that article is about, you have "account executive", "junior account executive", or "social media manager/promoter". Bullshit jobs that solely exist to have a hot piece of ass represent your company. These are the girls who have instagram accounts full of beach pictures, and their dating profiles say they're looking for a travel partner. I'd say roughly 30% are getting nailed by their boss or have a sugar daddy. If they don't have a robust instagram account full of bikini photos, what's the point in hiring them?

Unfortunately the writer, she is shifting into that second group ever so slowly, and is having trouble coping.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:08:07 PM by unprivsplain »

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4517 on: September 09, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
+7
You guys need to browse around LinkedIn more to get a real feel what corporate is like mid/large sized places. Jobs for women are stratified into jobs for 22-26 year old hot girls, 20-40 year old single moms/not that great looking girls/married women on the way out who are somewhat good looking and is getting her life together, and the 20-40 year old very good looking that can keep things together long enough to accomplish things.

The first group is what that article is about, you have "account executive", "junior account executive", or "social media manager/promoter". Bullshit jobs that solely exist to have a hot piece of ass represent your company. These are the girls who have instagram accounts full of beach pictures, and their dating profiles say they're looking for a travel partner. I'd say roughly 30% are getting nailed by their boss or have a sugar daddy. If they don't have a robust instagram account full of bikini photos, what's the point in hiring them?

Unfortunately the writer, she is shifting into that second group ever so slowly, and is having trouble coping.
I hate LinkedIn, its a useless app that spams your inbox.
His name was Harry Anderson

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #4518 on: September 09, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
+3

I don't personally think there is anything wrong with that, provided it's not outright prostitution. If you are young and hot and you want to use your looks to further your career, go right ahead. Good-looking people generally get paid more, get promoted faster and so on anyways.

Funny thing: I suggested something along the same lines years ago on SA when I was still actively posting there and I got blamed for being a "literal rapist". Good times.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian 420 Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #4519 on: September 09, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »
+4
There's a lot of hotties who work in recruiting and tech recruiting.  That's definitely an industry where good looks and a good personality (Or at least faking it) can get you far and rolling in cash. 

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4520 on: September 09, 2018, 03:51:25 PM »
+4
There's a lot of hotties who work in recruiting and tech recruiting.  That's definitely an industry where good looks and a good personality (Or at least faking it) can get you far and rolling in cash.
Yeah meant to include that. Used to be pharma girls, and a big one you see now is physician recruiters. These too basically require social media presence.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #4521 on: September 09, 2018, 08:09:08 PM »
+6
I don't personally think there is anything wrong with that, provided it's not outright prostitution. If you are young and hot and you want to use your looks to further your career, go right ahead. Good-looking people generally get paid more, get promoted faster and so on anyways.

Its all fun and games until they ruin Star Wars. 

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4522 on: September 10, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »
+4
recruiting and tech recruiting

I know we just put the dead horse to rest on social media/quitting social media as a whole/dependence on social media as a non-issue/won't ever happen, but if every single person should tell every single recruiter/tech recruiter who contacts them to kick rocks/call them a nigger/tell them to kill themselves. Yes, I believe it would work and yes, I believe we could put recruiters out on the streets, in a matter of weeks. From there, we can round them up in vans, lock them in a big iron cage and send them all to the bottom of the ocean.

I know this is mostly a jew/nigger hating alt-right forum. I've admitted multiple times that most of my racism/antisemitism is hyperbolic shitposting. Kikery and niggetry is pretty annoying, but I genuinely hate recruiters to a point where I genuinely wish cancerous death upon them and their ilk.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:33:21 AM by blasting_asshole »

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4523 on: September 10, 2018, 10:17:15 AM »
+5
recruiting and tech recruiting

I know we just put the dead horse to rest on social media/quitting social media as a whole/dependence on social media as a non-issue/won't ever happen, but if every single person should tell every single recruiter/tech recruiter who contacts them to kick rocks/call them a nigger/tell them to kill themselves. Yes, I believe it would work and yes, I believe we could put recruiters out on the streets, in a matter of weeks. From there, we can round them up in vans, lock them in a big iron cage and send them all to the bottom of the ocean.

I know this is mostly a jew/nigger hating alt-right forum. I've admitted multiple times that most of my racism/antisemitism is hyperbolic shitposting. Kikery and niggetry is pretty annoying, but I genuinely hate recruiters to a point where I genuinely wish cancerous death upon them and their ilk.
HR and recruiters are ass clowns who only know how to use ctrl f.
His name was Harry Anderson