;

Author Topic: FCC Internet "Net Neutrality" Faggotry  (Read 5918 times)

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Re: FCC Internet "Net Neutrality" Faggotry
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 06:33:11 PM »
+3
I'm not defending NN. The FCC didn't do anything about the examples Real Jews? Fake News? brought up.

Companies of that size ignore behavioral restrictions, laugh off small fines and nobody has the balls to try to bust them up anymore. 

Which is why I love how Trump's DOJ has put a line in the sand with AT&T/Time Warner. Get rid of Turner Broadcasting or no merger. They aren't willing to accept Ma Bell pinky promising not to do anything monopolistic for 7 years like King Nigger did with Comcast/NBCU and Charter/Time Warner Cable.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 06:48:44 PM »
+5
It's a cash grab which will be apparent once they start raising bills and caps become the norm.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian cold, dead hands old
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »
+10
I think The_Donald post linked upthread has a good grasp of the situation and lays out why repealing this particular regulation from 2015 is in the best interests of the US. Companies will find ways to make profit out of it but reducing the regulatory burden for small ISPs is a net gain overall. The stupid shit they have to do to comply with the FCC is a huge burden.

Now, this is the part where it all goes weird.

The Chairman of the FCC decides to taunt and act like a total unapologetic shitlord about this ruling. Behold his glory!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhT6H6pRWg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhT6H6pRWg</a>

Is this what it feels like to win? Over and over again?  Thank you, Trump's America!

:reagan:    :nixon:

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »
+17

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »
+5
It's gonna be real sweet to pick between spectrum who will most assuredly block torrents or at&t that has a 50 gig cap per month or whatever. This shit is lame.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian cold, dead hands old
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »
+9
asip - that's not likely to happen and if these companies engage in noncompetitive behavior, they can get smacked by the FTC.

The more I read, this was a good call by the Trump administration.

OOK OOK SCREE (D-IL)

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 09:10:44 PM »
+8
It's a cash grab which will be apparent once they start raising bills and caps become the norm.

Caps have absolutely nothing to do with net neutrality, net neutrality deals with equal treatment of all internet traffic from different sources with no priority.

The good part about it is obviously freedom, and honestly it probably ensures ISPs do max out their available bandwidth which is good as well.  The bad part is it means you pay for your neighbors' Netflix and there's little incentive for ISPs to expand in expensive upgrades to get lines out to Armadillo Dick, Arkansas, since demand will simply grow with it and they can't charge any more.

That said, there's no guarantee they're going to do that anyway.  Lord Purpa gave them kickbacks in the tens of billions of dollars and this was their basic response:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgEr_qOnpN4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgEr_qOnpN4</a>

With no overall improvement to speeds outside of what they were going to do without the grants, it just disappeared into a black (so to speak) hole.

For the most part the Net Neutrality thing is a non-issue, the government can't regulate/break up a monopoly without shitting the bed like they did with the Bells back in the 80's and Comcast will do whatever they please either way.  As much as it's satisfying to taste reddit tears it's probably a slight regress but honestly it's not the world ending like retards say.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »
+4
I think this is a solid overview:
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/7fq8uw/supreme_red_pill_comprehensive_breakdown_of_the/

Removing the burden of filing for Common Carrier status under Title II of the Telecommunications Act should be a huge win for small ISPs. Since they make up the bulk of ISPs out there, that's more likely to spur them to start encroaching on the bigger players in rural areas and helping to fill in gaps when people are mad at their megacorp service providers.

Folks in cities won't notice anything. Folks in the rest of the nation should benefit from this.

It's not perfect, but it's a start. Getting the Open Internet rulings back as a new regulation would be powerful.

Oh, and returning control of the root DNS servers to the United States would be another powerful Trump move.

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »
+1

OOK OOK SCREE (D-IL)

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »
+2
Removing the burden of filing for Common Carrier status under Title II of the Telecommunications Act should be a huge win for small ISPs. Since they make up the bulk of ISPs out there, that's more likely to spur them to start encroaching on the bigger players in rural areas and helping to fill in gaps when people are mad at their megacorp service providers.

Except that battle's already fought and lost.  Small ISPs can't afford the gigantic backbone lines that major companies can, and can't schedule them as efficiently since they have less leeway (and internet usage tends to peak at certain times in the day) and can't afford the same equipment.  Also getting internet out to small rural areas is expensive, copper has a shitty transit rate and fiber is not cheap to run.  Best thing they could do is feed off coax already there but that's a different set of legislation.  Long term it is definitely a benefit but it will be 10 years before we see the payoff at minimum, with a lot of things that could change in the interim, including wireless eventually being the go-to over strung lines, which could mean nearly anything.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 11:18:14 PM »
+3
asip - that's not likely to happen and if these companies engage in noncompetitive behavior, they can get smacked by the FTC.

you assume the FTC will have the will/desire to do this though

jabba

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 12:47:50 AM »
+2
Personally I think the social media companies secretly support the repeal but can't say so because their engineers would quit. This cleared the light for FB to start a US ISP that only serves up Facebook shit for free, for example. It's going to be a lot worse when you can get a free/cheap internet plan that just serves up fake news bullshit all day from social media sites and blocks the rest of the web unless you pay more.

The irony is a lot of people look at tech companies' support of NN as the reason why they are automatically against it, but I think it's all a big lie and the tech companies are secretly cheering that they got to have their cake and eat it too: the regulation is repealed but they get to look like the "good guys."

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Fucked a lesbian Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 12:55:17 AM »
+2
It's gonna be real sweet to pick between spectrum who will most assuredly block torrents or at&t that has a 50 gig cap per month or whatever. This shit is lame.

Mine's somewhere around 300-400gb/month and they never charge for going over it. 

you assume the FTC will have the will/desire to do this though

They seem to be, see the Time Warner merger.  Also, hasn't Trump been nominating a lot of anti-monopoly folks?

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 08:36:52 AM »
+3
I do have some concerns, but it's hard to parse through the bullshit. A lot of people are trying to pin this down as a left/right thing: if you're pro NN you are for Obama and sociaism, if you're anti NN you are pro Trump, consumer freedom, and helping good American big business be properly capitalistic.

So for those that believe this, my concern is that if the ISPs weren't regulated and mandated to treat all traffic the same, what protects this website? It seems that any of you who were having a sad that Daily Stormer and other WN webshites were SHUT DOWN would be pro NN. It's one thing if companies refuse them hosting, but it's a whole 'nother level if say Spectrum and Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint just say "yeah we're blocking those hatesites so even if they have a host you can't see them on your home computer or cell phone." And of course what happens if social justice types get them to lump in sites like this with them? It seems like we would go back to the days where people were on AOL and thought that small, curated garden was "The Internet."

I don't know if this is true, because like I said, it's hard to parse through the bullshit, so I would genuinely like to hear from the pro NN side on this point.

:jesse:

[HEAD NIGGER OF STRUG] anti-Semitic graphs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Inshallah! Quieres comprar naranjas? Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 08:49:42 AM »
+12
I do have some concerns, but it's hard to parse through the bullshit. A lot of people are trying to pin this down as a left/right thing: if you're pro NN you are for Obama and sociaism, if you're anti NN you are pro Trump, consumer freedom, and helping good American big business be properly capitalistic.

So for those that believe this, my concern is that if the ISPs weren't regulated and mandated to treat all traffic the same, what protects this website? It seems that any of you who were having a sad that Daily Stormer and other WN webshites were SHUT DOWN would be pro NN. It's one thing if companies refuse them hosting, but it's a whole 'nother level if say Spectrum and Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint just say "yeah we're blocking those hatesites so even if they have a host you can't see them on your home computer or cell phone." And of course what happens if social justice types get them to lump in sites like this with them? It seems like we would go back to the days where people were on AOL and thought that small, curated garden was "The Internet."

I don't know if this is true, because like I said, it's hard to parse through the bullshit, so I would genuinely like to hear from the pro NN side on this point.

The Daily Stormer was shut down while this legislation was in place. That shows you everything you need to know about what it actually did with regards to freedom of expression on the internet.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian old The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2017, 08:57:57 AM »
+8

The Daily Stormer was shut down while this legislation was in place. That shows you everything you need to know about what it actually did with regards to freedom of expression on the internet.

The Daily Stormer was shut down and countless channels have been removed from youtube or demonetized.  Google has adjusted their search algorithms.  Project Veritas has some chump talking on hidden camera about it. 

[HEAD NIGGER OF STRUG] anti-Semitic graphs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Inshallah! Quieres comprar naranjas? Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »
+6
Yea, and cloudflare and other related companies had to have been in on it as well. As soon as you factor out the "omg nazi website!!!" from the equation the implications of what happened there are terrifying and they all happened while the net was neutral.  :unparsons:

OOK OOK SCREE (D-IL)

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
+3

Bingo, also there are tens of thousands of little spots like this going anywhere from 14/88 hardcore white power niggerdeath to happy bouncing faggot universalist flower children to 15 year old Antifa leftists LARPing punch a Nazi when their stick arms get tired from tapping at keys too long, just not enough manpower to root through it all and too much blowback to the group in power if they go too far.  It was a HUGE shock to a lot of people when government/media censorship elected Trump, there's no way the groups involved aren't going to at least think before acting, it's already cost them hundreds of billions.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 09:36:35 AM »
+3
Lol at the FTC doing shit to ISPs.

On caps, yeah caps are gonna be the norm once they start raising up bills and instituting various tiers with your streaming video packages. ISPs have shown time and time again if you give them an inch they take a mile. There's a reason this was done and you're retarded if you think it has anything to do with "removing regulatory burden so we can invest/lower prices" as if that has ever happened in any industry ever. What did they do with all of that fiber laying around?

Beyond that it was rammed through despite the vast majority of people being opposed to it. Then you have Pajeet  justifying it with the clearest lines of bullshit ever shat out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:39:41 AM by the sip »

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 11:49:27 AM »
+10
“Surely one tyrannical government agency that lives in the pocket of mega corporations will protect us from this other tyrannical government agency that lives in the pocket of mega corporations, nothing to see here goy move along!”

~half of SS

blakks are not very cool

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
+6
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03eByZia5I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03eByZia5I</a>

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2017, 12:23:16 PM »
+6
On caps, yeah caps are gonna be the norm once they start raising up bills and instituting various tiers with your streaming video packages. ISPs have shown time and time again if you give them an inch they take a mile. There's a reason this was done and you're retarded if you think it has anything to do with "removing regulatory burden so we can invest/lower prices" as if that has ever happened in any industry ever. What did they do with all of that fiber laying around?

Beyond that it was rammed through despite the vast majority of people being opposed to it. Then you have Pajeet  justifying it with the clearest lines of bullshit ever shat out.

Quit blackpilling yourself on their propaganda. The internet isn't going to turn into cable tv. That's fantasy.

We've already seen what the ISPs want to do because they were doing it under NN. They want to kike you out of more money with industry wide data caps. They want to use data caps to try to push you towards bundling your internet with basic cable. They want to zero rate services they own or are parterned with. They want to scan all your traffic so they can sell that information unless you pay them extra to opt out.

NN did nothing to stop any of that or the tech giants playing favorites or problematic people getting pushed offline or our government running around the world trying to play copyright police.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »

The Daily Stormer was shut down and countless channels have been removed from youtube or demonetized.  Google has adjusted their search algorithms.  Project Veritas has some chump talking on hidden camera about it.

But my point is that even if youtube refuses to host their channels, hosting companies refuse to host them, or google makes them hard to find, as long as they have a host you can see them. If your ISP and phone provider block them, that's like Chinese level censorship.

I don't see "well they were censored before NN so lets give the corporations even more ability to censor them"  as being a good argument.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »
+1
Surely they won't use this power that they lobbied for. Spectrum pinky swore!

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
+3
I'm just curious how we got to "either way we go is bad."

Anyone who thinks that giving huge corporations a chance to gouge won't end in gouging is smoking some dank ganja.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.