;

Author Topic: F.A.N.G.  (Read 9856 times)

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
Re: F.A.N.G.
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »
+9
Is the tides turning? Is google starting to value shitlords opinion on marketing?

The smarter companies must realize by now that SJWs are notorious for demanding change to something they weren't going to consume in the first place. It's just about ruining it for the original audience as a weird power play.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2018, 06:34:51 AM »
+13
An Indian dude is upset that Apple is hiring idiots through discriminatory hiring practices.

https://github.com/AviAgarwal/OpenLetterApple

It is no secret that Apple's intern program is one of the most competitive and well paying amongst the industry. As such, one would expect that with such a broad talent pool, Apple interns would be absolutely the best in their class.

Unfortunately, I have personally experienced this to not be the case: Apple covets its 50% under-represented new hire rate but this diversity doesn't come without a cost. In order to actually overcome my bias, I began noting down when a colleague demonstrated lack of knowledge on basic CS topics and especially when they made no effort to learn the topic.

While I won't post the raw statistics here because they are actually fairly disheartening, I would summarize it as follows. There is a significant correlation between whether a person was in an under-represented group and their lack of knowledge. While I admit there might be some causation-correlation fallacy going here (i.e new hires might be from more under-represented groups and new hires might be lacking in knowledge) this trend is far too alarming to ignore.

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
+8
An Indian dude is upset that Apple is hiring idiots through discriminatory hiring practices.

It is no secret that Apple's intern program is one of the most competitive and well paying amongst the industry. As such, one would expect that with such a broad talent pool, Apple interns would be absolutely the best in their class.

Unfortunately, I have personally experienced this to not be the case: Apple covets its 50% under-represented new hire rate but this diversity doesn't come without a cost. In order to actually overcome my bias, I began noting down when a colleague demonstrated lack of knowledge on basic CS topics and especially when they made no effort to learn the topic.

While I won't post the raw statistics here because they are actually fairly disheartening, I would summarize it as follows. There is a significant correlation between whether a person was in an under-represented group and their lack of knowledge. While I admit there might be some causation-correlation fallacy going here (i.e new hires might be from more under-represented groups and new hires might be lacking in knowledge) this trend is far too alarming to ignore.

It is always funny when one of these autismos can't read between the lines of cooperate policy and just comes right out and says it.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2018, 06:07:13 AM »
+9

But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2018, 09:38:38 AM »
+4

>Page not found

lol

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

kosher nostra

• Unperson
  • Awards cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
+6
Why would anyone post on gab after this?

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2018, 10:12:34 PM »
+11
Someone tried to wack the gab guy.
His name was Harry Anderson

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2018, 02:43:49 PM »
+5
Propane is not meant for nefarious purposes!
-Hank Hill