;

Author Topic: The Corporate Virtue Signaling Megathread: Cuz Feelz Over Realz  (Read 19848 times)

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
The Corporate Virtue Signaling Megathread: Cuz Feelz Over Realz
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »
+22
Yet another megathread but this one is about a real problem that is emerging: corporate virtue signaling

The government is surprisingly strict when it comes to ruling on first amendment issues, even in liberal courts.  The heebs in power know that it still is a couple bridges too far to start significantly curbing the first amendment.  So how to get around this?  The solution the past few years has increasingly been to start pressuring massive multinational corporations who are beholden not to the people but shareholders who run to the fainting couch anytime there is a drop in the stock.  So this has resulted in a bunch of corporate leaders who are totally beholden to the left so they don't get smeared in a ((media)) hit-and-run piece, among other reasons.  It also doesn't help that corporate leadership is steeped in poz.  No, I don't want to hear from dumbasses who think that corporate leadership are secret shitlords who think that having their logo in a rainbow color is somehow 1488D chess to pretend to salvage that the Chamber of Commerce Republicanism is now anything other than the worst kind of cucks.

Anyway, I created this thread because it's pretty clear that the ((powers that be)) are trying to apply outside pressure to get the NRA to cuck on the weapons issue.  Yes, while corporations assault the first amendment, they're dipping their big toe into helping curb the second amendment.  So here's a small but unfortunately growing list of corporate cuck entities who are trying to apply pressure becuz feelz over realz:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:22:53 PM by Dem Wypipo »

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
Re: The Corporate Virtue Signaling Megathread: Cuz Feelz Over Realz
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »
+10
Chubb has ended the insurance underwriting for the NRA's Carry Guard.

It's funny, these faggots want gun owners to carry insurance, they just don't want anyone to be willing to provide it.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
+4
Eh fuck em
To be clear I meant fuck the car rental places.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:34:19 PM by the sip »

Megalodon of Mudsharks

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' Libertarian KURWA cold, dead hands The Gentry Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian old
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
+3
I didn't see anything about Thrifty car rental mentioned in the {((media))} but since they are also owned by Hertz, any NRA discount with them will probably be ending as well.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »
+5
How long until google puts out giant billboards and internet advertisements showing shitlord's personal information who have committed the act of wrong think?

Also the NRA discount was never able to overlap with the USAA discount, you could only pick one. We always chose the USAA one because I think the NRA was only like 10% where as the USAA one was closer to 25-35% usually.

AAA discount also didn't stack and that was around the same amount as the NRA one.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:09:58 PM by a torrent of piss »

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »
+10
that_one_gay_xkcd_comic.jpg

It's hilarious how shitlibs raging against evil corporations seem to have no problem with them becoming all-powerful nationless entities.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »
+6
that_one_gay_xkcd_comic.jpg

It's hilarious how shitlibs raging against evil corporations seem to have no problem with them becoming all-powerful nationless entities.
Oh no corporations are good boys now who will protect us form the tyrannical trump and his deportation squad. They are proof that everything can exist without borders.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
+12
I give it another week and we won't hear about it again. Much like the San Antonio church shooter who was a huge piece of shit his entire life, this kid could have been stopped like 15 times with existing laws and agencies don't want to draw more attention to it.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 06:07:59 PM »
+14
The Left's hatred of Capitalism is hilarious given how many would fight to the death for masters like Disney or Apple.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 06:50:26 PM »
+14
Fuck all those companies. If I ever actually flew, rented cars, or paid for internet security software, you can bet your ass I'd never buy from them.

Also, sort of relevant to the topic at hand:

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 07:00:25 PM »
+12
Fuck all those companies. If I ever actually flew, rented cars, or paid for internet security software, you can bet your ass I'd never buy from them.

Things have really turned weird. Leftists who suddenly love huge corporations are hoping the "free" market will solve a problem, and they're demanding that Literally Hitler disarm the populace so that only the evil police and military have guns.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »
+3
God I hope they don't lose the cigar of the month club next!

Dr. Hatchet-Wound

• Cishet White Male
  • Head, Dangerous & Elective surgery Mazzoni Center
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Libertarian 420 Better dead than red United Statesian Scrooge The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon old
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 07:14:21 PM »
+7
Leftists who suddenly love huge corporations

only the ones who produce things or services that progtards and bugpeople can appreciate, raytheon, halliburton, lockheed, GE etc can all still be referenced as "the corporations..man"

Mad at the Internet

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »
+6
Leftists who suddenly love huge corporations

only the ones who produce things or services that progtards and bugpeople can appreciate, raytheon, halliburton, lockheed, GE etc can all still be referenced as "the corporations..man"

I was thinking that myself, except it was, "I wonder what these limpdicks think of Shell, Exxon, etc.?" (it's ok; I already know the answer)

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 07:17:59 PM »
+8
I give it another week and we won't hear about it again. Much like the San Antonio church shooter who was a huge piece of shit his entire life, this kid could have been stopped like 15 times with existing laws and agencies don't want to draw more attention to it.

For the most part, people have moved on.  Which makes the decisions we're seeing all the more inexplicable.  These companies have just lost business of millions of people and even more millions/billions of dollars for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than to virtue signal on twitter to get asspats from people who are too scared to leave the house without having a panic attack.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »
+11
The Elon musk worship is fucking amazing. Oh wow billionaire bought a rocket. Why are we pretending that's an accomplishment? Not to mention Teslas. What did he invent? The idea of a fucking battery and motor in a car?

Megalodon of Mudsharks

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' Libertarian KURWA cold, dead hands The Gentry Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian old
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »
+1

If they lose the wine club it's over for them.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »
+4

If they lose the wine club it's over for them.
They're real fucking goofy if they think any nra membership gives a shit about the discounts. The ones that do can use their golden buckeye card.

Like it's the same shoddy benefits you get from like AAA or your employer. Crappy discounts on what amounts to cars and hotels. No one cares.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:42:21 PM by the sip »

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 07:35:08 PM »
+6
The Elon musk worship is fucking amazing. Oh wow billionaire bought a rocket. Why are we pretending that's an accomplishment? Not to mention Teslas. What did he invent? The idea of a fucking battery and motor in a car?

The Elon Musk situation is odd. On Reddit he's obviously a superhero who can do no wrong, similar to the way they previously worshiped Neil deGrasse Tyson, but there's also a small, vocal minority who are fighting a constant kind of negative opinion insurgency about him on there - I think they'll hit a tipping point where they're sick of everybody publicly sucking the guy's dick over everything he does and he'll fall out of the internet's favor just like Tyson and Bill Nye.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »

space rockets are cool  :colbert:

e: i don't get the people who think he's the next jesus christ though, and we're never gonna be living on mars
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »
+4
I go through imgur when bored and he is definitely like famous person #1 on there especially since that orbiting car stunt. That tax credit on those cars and the whole spacex shit has gotta go. Let them blow billions on their own dime.

Megalodon of Mudsharks

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »
+4

Only problem is that virtually every rental car company that's worth a shit pulled their discount since they're all interconnected. Enterprise, National and Alamo are owned by one holding company, Avis and Budget are linked, ditto for Hertz, Thrifty and I think Dollar. Not much of a choice there

Like ATOP said though, the discounts were shitty compared to most. The little I rented with hertz, I used the Marriott rewards discount since it's a lot better. I will say that wherever I rent from now, their cars are gonna get the shit beat out of them while I have them.

These companies have just lost business of millions of people and even more millions/billions of dollars for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than to virtue signal on twitter to get asspats from people who are too scared to leave the house without having a panic attack.

Agreed. It's not like most of these twitter shitlibs need to rent cars just to go between their apartment, their job at Starbucks and their favorite Somalian restaurant.

They're real fucking goody if they think any nra membership gives a shit about the discounts. The ones that do can use their golden buckeye card.

I was being sarcastic with that comment since I think that wine club is stupid but yeah, most members are members to protect their gun rights, not for the little piddly-ass discounts they might get. The only one of these that might hurt is Chubb dropping their backing of Carry Guard insurance.

asip

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 07:45:11 PM »
+1
Ah yeah never thought you were serious.

A smaller insurance company you never heard of will pick it up. That's a lot of lot risk dough.

Dr. Hatchet-Wound

• Cishet White Male
  • Head, Dangerous & Elective surgery Mazzoni Center
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Libertarian 420 Better dead than red United Statesian Scrooge The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon old
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
+6
Speaking of Elon Musk, some would say he's part of the patriarchal male-entitlement race to colonize mars.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/patriarchal-race-colonize-mars-just-another-example-male-entitlement-ncna849681

Note: this is actually NBC, this isn't huffpost or buzzfeed or salon or something, this is a big 3 network we grew up with.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 09:05:19 PM »
+11
Musk is a world class conman who seems to have a knack for jumping on the next harebrained scheme before the previous one implodes.  Like most left wing darlings, he will eventually get dragged down and defeated by the dangerhairs for not being progressive enough.