;

Author Topic: Linux, SystemD, BSD, autism and SJWs- Politics in Open Source Software  (Read 3821 times)

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: Linux, SystemD, BSD, autism and SJWs- Politics in Open Source Software
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2018, 04:34:01 PM »
+5
So once they run Linux into the ground and nobody wants to use it, what then? Their only way out of the hole they dug themselves would be proprietary ownership but they would have ruined what made linux appealing by declaring proprietary ownership.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
+11
So once they run Linux into the ground and nobody wants to use it, what then? Their only way out of the hole they dug themselves would be proprietary ownership but they would have ruined what made linux appealing by declaring proprietary ownership.
Move onto the next target for hollowing out and start the exact same shit.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »
+3
Move onto the next target for hollowing out and start the exact same shit.
What's left to hollow out? Ruby is fagged up by them already, Windows and IOS won't be touched, Android is already pozzed.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2018, 07:59:28 PM »
+2
So once they run Linux into the ground and nobody wants to use it, what then?
https://youtu.be/5ydqjqZ_3oc?t=31s

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' 420 Deutscher
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
+13
Turns out the Linux kernel is licensed under GPL2, which has no no-rescission clause, meaning anyone who contributed to the code but got banned because of :librage: can just take their ball/part of the code and go home. Meaning the kernel would fall apart like the Twin Towers on 9/11. That would be fucking amazing, I tell you hwhat.
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »
+8
It would be amazingly hilarious, but the types of people being targeted for removal are actually decent human beings that love the software they've made and would never want to see it die.

The ones doing the targeting are exactly the types to do such a thing, which is why their CoC has included a clause that specifically allows them to rescind their license for any code they've contributed, so they can spitefully destroy the project down the road if everyone turns on them.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2018, 10:44:25 PM »
+6

All 14 of the people who use Linux will be greatly inconvenienced I guess they’ll have to store their catalogs of trains and railroad cars on a windows box??

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' 420 Deutscher
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2018, 10:54:56 PM »
+15
I like to joke about how nobody uses Linux as much as the next non-autist but a LOT of firmware is based on Linux. The kernel getting burned to the ground would affect even household appliances.
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2018, 01:00:07 AM »
+15
I like to joke about how nobody uses Linux as much as the next non-autist but a LOT of firmware is based on Linux. The kernel getting burned to the ground would affect even household appliances.

Once again women, trannies and other protected classes are too incompetent to realize how much damage they're doing.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2018, 02:24:26 AM »
+9
Turns out the Linux kernel is licensed under GPL2, which has no no-rescission clause, meaning anyone who contributed to the code but got banned because of :librage: can just take their ball/part of the code and go home. Meaning the kernel would fall apart like the Twin Towers on 9/11. That would be fucking amazing, I tell you hwhat.

It would be amazingly hilarious, but the types of people being targeted for removal are actually decent human beings that love the software they've made and would never want to see it die.

The ones doing the targeting are exactly the types to do such a thing, which is why their CoC has included a clause that specifically allows them to rescind their license for any code they've contributed, so they can spitefully destroy the project down the road if everyone turns on them.

Actually this exact thing has happened recently.

An entryist faggot who's also a brain-broken SJW managed to be added as a maintainer of a fairly popular javascript tool, called Lerna, and then after adding the obligatory Code of Conduct proceeded to change the open source license to ban usage from any company that 'collaborates with ICE'.

(Then he went and had a public meltdown on the repos of Peter Thiel's Palantir company.)

Among the short-lived but intense shitstorm this caused (including Microsoft saying 'ok, we won't support your little tool in all of our - much more widely used - tools, have fun'), one contributor claimed his right to refuse the license change and demand all his code be removed from the project. In his own words:

Quote from: seanskelley
Due to #1616. I don't want to get into the politics of ICE of the enforceability of a license change, but as a past contributor I strongly condemn this type of toxic politicizing of the open source community and want no part in it.

Per #1616 (comment), I would like all my contributions removed. I will not be opening my own PR to do so.

Ping also @hzoo @gigabo @noherczeg @joscha @wtgtybhertgeghgtwtg @jezzay @rygine (those contributors higher on the list than I) in case you aren't aware and would like to do the same.
Quote from: orthecredence
From what I've read, this project does not have a CLA. That means that in order to relicense, you either need to remove the contributions of the people who have not given EXPLICIT PERMISSION to relicense, or you need to reprogram the sections of code contributed by them.

This is not just for the contributors who complain, this is for every contribution that has been made to the project by those who have not explicitely agreed to relicense. The people who have contributed own their code have contributed it under the license terms of the MIT license. You cannot relicense their code without their permission.

And you cannot just remove their code and add it back in again without naming them as authors, because they own the code and it is not yours to do with as you please without permission.

It seems that if this license change is a serious endeavor and not just virtue signaling, the Lerna team is going to have to a) ask permission from a lot of people or b) rewrite a lot of code.

Otherwise, you're effectively stealing people's code.
What I had intended was "remove entirely or rewrite from scratch" such that the code was definitely no longer mine. This is under the assumption that a simple history/blame change to remove my name would be insufficient to make it no longer "my code" (as it would certainly feel, from my perspective) and would potentially violate the terms under which I contributed the code.
Quote from: jamiebuilds
For the record, there are only 69 (nice) lines of code in the repo which are still attributed to you @seansfkelley. Would you like those removed, or would you like your original commits removed from history and have everything rebased on top of it. Both are pretty easy
Since you're offering, I'd prefer those commits removed from history entirely, yes, both content and attribution.

You are, of course, free to reimplement the behaviors yourself, which I would recommend so as to avoid breaking regressions.

The spergs who actually wrote the project fortunately reverted the change, kicked him out, and admitted that maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't just nod and go along whenever they hear some virtue-signaling political nonsense.

In the aftermath of this mess, nerds rediscovered once again that STALLMAN WAS RIGHT

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2018, 02:43:55 AM »
+6
Boggles my mind how this Linux Wars thing is actually a thing

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2018, 03:37:15 AM »
+8
Boggles my mind how this Linux Wars thing is actually a thing
People who want that rush of power will seek it out where they can. A smaller arena means there are fewer obstacles to get in their way.

Also, Sayre's Law: In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake. Corollary: That is why academic politics are so bitter.

Michael Obama's Miscarriage

• Cishet White Male
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2018, 03:42:52 PM »
+8
All 14 of the people who use Linux will be greatly inconvenienced I guess they’ll have to store their catalogs of trains and railroad cars on a windows box??

found an operating system that's gonna work out for you http://www.jewbuntu.org/
nah im a
white wow

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Seaman (lol)
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2018, 07:06:43 PM »
+20

found an operating system that's gonna work out for you http://www.jewbuntu.org/
Requires 1GB of RAM? Why do you need 512MB of ram? Where am I going to find 256MB of RAM?

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »
+5
oy vey 6 million byte install size? what am I, made of shekels?!

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »
+3
i didn't think Linux users had the spirit of the AnCap Suicidal Cobra Grenade Flag in them, but I'm kind of wishing at this point they would blow up linux just to prove a point......and I would want to see what happens.

I think it caught the activists offguard that many would simply intentionally self destruct the program.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
+9
i don't get this faggotry. what exactly enforces this gay code of conduct?

what is some troon going to do to a company that uses their freely available software and still cooperates with ice?

what happens if some code is committed, some sperg says 'i do not consent remove my snippet' and you say no?

Michael Obama's Miscarriage

• Cishet White Male
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2018, 11:29:34 PM »
+7

what is some troon going to do to a company that uses their freely available software and still cooperates with ice?

what happens if some code is committed, some sperg says 'i do not consent remove my snippet' and you say no?

well its being enforced considering linus was already pushed out. if you need the exact mechanism, you can see the same model play itself out in every other institution SJW's have infested, nothing different here. linux has a empowered catlady HR department now. i could give you a long spergy answer about what's supposed to happen if someone tries to pull their code, but in practice this has happened a few times and they just get told to take a hike and their code remains used.
nah im a
white wow

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Canuck Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Anglican
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
+8
I'm amazed that Youtube commentators who talk about SJW shit haven't picked up on this more. I'm pretty sure there are more devices that use the Linux kernel than there are people at this point. I was at Wal-Mart the other day, and I scanned something on one of the little scanning machines, and noticed they have the Android soft buttons along the bottom of the screen, so even they run on Linux. There's a lot to lose if Linux gets fucked. Linus is a ultra meticulous autist, who goes through everything with a fine toothed comb. Can you imagine if this results in someone who's not like that at the top of the Linux project? Imagine how much Russia or China can fuck with us is a serious exploit for the kernel gets discovered in the wild and everything from our phones to web servers to smart appliances to the scanners at department stores are affected.

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Canuck Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Anglican
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »
+9
So, the writer of the new Linux COC has appeared on a Podcast earlier this year claiming to be a literal witch and has written a "Post-Meritocracy Manifesto." This shit is bonkers.

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red Fascist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »
+17
Your linux run refrigerator will now lecture your wife on why she shouldn't be in the kitchen.
°≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥° °≥°

blakks are not very cool

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »
+5
Good article by Eric S Raymond about Codes of Conduct and how they affect group dynamics in open source projects

https://archive.fo/3t374

Kind of heavy into the philosophy of things but a good take, IMO.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »
+5
I fucking hate this COC shit.

Recently a game engine called Godot replaced the terms "master" and "slave" after the same sort of people (who also called themselves witches or slime because they all have to have some faggy fantastical goth title) whined. The lead developer (who's actually a really smart guy and that worries me) originally denied them but after python changed the terms he agreed and defended them.

All I can hope is that there isn't any future stupid changes (some of which I can forsee to be project killers).
:myecred:

Another bad thing is that ReactOS also introduced the COC.
:myecred: :myecred:

Still... No COC for HaikuOS  :smug:

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2018, 02:32:01 PM »
+4
Also: Why the fuck do people treat Linux as if it's the operating system of the apocalypse?
It's dependancy hell: The OS

Installing shit offline is a massive pain in the arse and not even supported by default.

pps. If I catch any of u using {{{Atari}}} or {{{Commodore}}} products you're getting made fun of on the internet.

{{{Jack Tramiel}}} and {{{Irving Gould}}} are two of the biggest jews ever who were constantly backstabbing each other and jewing and sank both companies because of it

T. Sinclair master race.

- Run by a pasty nerd who made wierd crap in his shed and sank the company due to his turboautism with his dream projects and not understanding why people bought his computers or what made them marketable never4get
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:52:21 PM by open-source jihad »

You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »
+9

well its being enforced considering linus was already pushed out. if you need the exact mechanism, you can see the same model play itself out in every other institution SJW's have infested, nothing different here. linux has a empowered catlady HR department now. i could give you a long spergy answer about what's supposed to happen if someone tries to pull their code, but in practice this has happened a few times and they just get told to take a hike and their code remains used.

lol he didn't get pushed out he got bullycided by troons. such is the cycle for nerds.