;

Author Topic: Linux, SystemD, BSD, autism and SJWs- Politics in Open Source Software  (Read 3044 times)

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: Linux, SystemD, BSD, autism and SJWs- Politics in Open Source Software
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2018, 03:48:14 PM »
+8
How long until all the game engines stop storing the character models and sprite sheets in the objects or assets folder?

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2018, 03:56:47 PM »
+5
So, the writer of the new Linux COC has appeared on a Podcast earlier this year claiming to be a literal witch and has written a "Post-Meritocracy Manifesto." This shit is bonkers.

We believe that interpersonal skills are at least as important as technical skills.

We acknowledge the value of non-technical contributors as equal to the value of technical contributors.

The field of software development embraces technical change, and is made better by also accepting social change.

This is gay hippy nonsense that feels like it was written by a "rebellious soul" in a particularly posh upper middle class private school. No one who works in software development and who is a well-adjusted, intelligent person should never sign a declaration like this. Which is worrying because there are lot of morons out there, apparently, if you look at the list.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »
+1
How long until all the game engines stop storing the character models and sprite sheets in the objects or assets folder?

WOW (And many other games) already store TONS of game info on the servers.

Cmon piss. I thought you would know this?

(Also that's why I'm so mad about godot as it has tons of tools for making something completely standalone and the engine isn't in a million hard to download and archive pieces on a marketplace under the guise of being modular)

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2018, 07:13:50 PM »
+10
he's joking about female character models/sprites being stored in a folder called "objects"

it's funny but also true since people are apparently getting assblasted over master/slave terminology, it's certainly inevitable at this point

Junkers Ju 888

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »
+5
he's joking about female character models/sprites being stored in a folder called "objects"

it's funny but also true since people are apparently getting assblasted over master/slave terminology, it's certainly inevitable at this point

Normal maps are ablist.

Seriously, I bet it's just a matter of time before you see character models and textures generated parametrically with whatever Substance Designer mutates into in two years and the who application is encrypted into a monolithic .exe like the original Guild Wars.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2018, 10:50:01 PM »
+1

(Also that's why I'm so mad about godot as it has tons of tools for making something completely standalone and the engine isn't in a million hard to download and archive pieces on a marketplace under the guise of being modular)
I wasn't talking about servers, I was talking about stuff like Unreal, Unity, and Gamemaker Studio. That's how they have the files organized while you're making the game.

Also Maya and max usually save objects in Obj. or FBX since those give less issues.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:52:07 PM by a torrent of piss »

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2018, 12:17:32 AM »
+3

I wasn't talking about servers, I was talking about stuff like Unreal, Unity, and Gamemaker Studio. That's how they have the files organized while you're making the game.

Also Maya and max usually save objects in Obj. or FBX since those give less issues.

Cool but you could have made a better joke if you said the same thing about Object Oriented Programming.

(Also only gamemaker has a specific folder for objects and refers to ingame entities as objects (Although unity refers to them as "GameObjects" in editor which is similar and they are saved as "prefabs") your joke triggers my autism. You are correct about the .obj 3d format though)

ps. (looking into this WTF are unreal doing with the editor for 4. The editor for 3 and UDK looked WAY better)

You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »
+3

Cool but you could have made a better joke if you said the same thing about Object Oriented Programming.

(Also only gamemaker has a specific folder for objects and refers to ingame entities as objects (Although unity refers to them as "GameObjects" in editor which is similar and they are saved as "prefabs") your joke triggers my autism. You are correct about the .obj 3d format though)

ps. (looking into this WTF are unreal doing with the editor for 4. The editor for 3 and UDK looked WAY better)
It's called making needless changes to a program so you can sell a new version.

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2018, 07:03:17 AM »
+17
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
His name was Harry Anderson

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2018, 09:39:08 AM »
+16
I had to download OpenOffice for a new desktop of one of my clients. The download didn't start so I switched the mirror to a German one.

And it downloaded the Hebrew version of the program.

:nothanks:
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2018, 09:53:09 AM »
+5

This was the plan
 :alex:

Don't forget group policy! Just for lolz, here's a 7 post (quick read) thread where it's impossible to tell if the OP was trolling or not, by asking if there's a Linux equivalent to Group Policy.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-networking-3/is-there-a-linux-equivalent-to-group-policy-4175436814/

Someone tries to bring up LDAP which is a directory service. (Unix equivalent to Active Directory) It gets shot down, because directory service does not equal system management. Faggot tries to argue that yes it is and gets BTFOed.

I also loled at PowerShell. It's a lot easier to script macros and cmdlets in terminal, but I also like to make money and if I spend the minimal extra effort required to learn them in PowerShell instead, I can A) actually use them in the real world and B) bring them up in a job interview and boost my salary by about $25,000 a year.

I can hardly look at that picture without hearing autistic screeching. A high school, ~intro to java~ taking me would have had a few pages of things to say, in response to "just works." It's all so wrong, but so right. Right or wrong, linux is for autismal faggots living in a fantasy world.

Oh and GitHub is great in theory, but a fucking mess in practice. VSS created a nice, universal standard for repository structure, when it comes to SQL.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:29:45 AM by blasting_asshole »

Sad Byzantine Jesus

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards old cold, dead hands The Gentry Soldier Orthodox Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2018, 08:50:21 PM »
+6
so the post meritocracy manifesto isn't an elaborate anti-sjw troll?  Its a real opinion?

When I first read it, I thought it was a hilarious, over the top thing making fun of sjw types.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2018, 12:05:31 AM »
+5
so the post meritocracy manifesto isn't an elaborate anti-sjw troll?  Its a real opinion?

When I first read it, I thought it was a hilarious, over the top thing making fun of sjw types.

Meritocracy is racist and sexist dontchaknow?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:08:05 AM by As a white male I »

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2018, 12:15:36 AM »
+7
They are communists, what are you people expecting? That they'd be praising individual achievement?
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

gay retard

• Cishet White Male
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Autistic Killed in the Line of Posting Deplorables Faggot Sasstronaut Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2018, 11:09:10 PM »

when are we going to stop using this chauvinistic terminology? her body, her choice.

I also loled at PowerShell. It's a lot easier to script macros and cmdlets in terminal, but I also like to make money and if I spend the minimal extra effort required to learn them in PowerShell instead, I can A) actually use them in the real world and B) bring them up in a job interview and boost my salary by about $25,000 a year.

powershell is infinitely more powerful than any options linux has if you ever need to script automation involving a mouse cursor, and it will always be for security reasons. example problem: you want to move the mouse from one coordinate to another, but instead of teleporting the mouse you want to track it with acceleration that stops at a point and you want the mouse to do a little curly-cue spiral along the way.

windows: download autohotkey, write 5 second script using the power of the chadshell
linux: hahahhahahhahahha good luck pal

windows is like going in raw at a sex club you may have some good times but at the end of the day you wish you were on some kind of group policy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:21:40 PM by Social Anthropoid »
nah im a
white wow